Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2073612272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (93)special occasion (93)scenic view (65)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Prime RibDragonflyDined on 9/24/2014Prime rib tender, perfectly cooked, good size portion. Mashed potatoes a good compliment. Green beans fresh. Piano player a nice addition. Will return for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed. Had to send meal bacOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014If you know someone who works there ypu will get more attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion onlyCTdinerDined on 9/19/2014Location superb, service excellent, food slightly above average. Special occasion onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good spotJoeCarolDined on 9/16/2014We have been coming to this place for years and the food and friendship has been wonderful. good people work thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014this was our second visit to Clay Hill, and we have not stopped raving about the Prime Rib. It was by far the most tender (like butter) and flavorfull beef we have ever had. Rachel (our server) was outstanding as well as everyone else.Friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSmittyDined on 9/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised as we entered the place with its beautiful surroundings. The piano was being played and you could feel the energy in the room. However, we were disappointed in the food, especially, the sides. My husband had rice which had no flavorings and was not cooked thoroughly, and my mashed potatoes seemed watery. We even heard the guests next to us feeling the same way. The string beans were tender but blah. My husband didn't think much of the lobster stuffing in the haddock. In fact, it seemed to have little lobster. The dessert was delicious, a rhubarb, raspberry buckle. Our feeling is that they need to get with the times as far as food preparation and presentation. We would not return except for a group eventSpecial Features:
- Favorites listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We live in Bath so Clay Hill is a special occasion treat for us. We usually combine it with a matinee at the playhouse. We appreciate the beautiful setting. The fact that over many years the food has been consistently wonderful draws us back. The staff is very nice. We had fun with the valet and the pianist. Friends from Vermont joined us. I had wanted to share the experience with them for years. You certainly lived up to my expectations Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Clay Hill Farm was a delight from the moment we entered the ground. A parking attendant directed us to the door where we were greeted by a wonderful hostess. The wait staff were very attentive and the food was excellent. In all a delightful experience.Special Features:
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 9/10/2014Clay Hill Farm is a very beautiful restaurant. I had the lobster bisque and gnocchi and they were very good. My husband had the tomato soup special and the prime rib, which was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingmauticeDined on 9/7/2014Been going to Maine for 30 plus years. Every year or two we venture up to Clay Hill. The ambiance is nice, a little old but nice and quiet and usually a good meal, not so this trip, apps were good but our meals were terrible. I had gnocchi that was tasteless, my wife had a prime rib that was thin and fatty, Ive had better(much) at the 99
- Special Dining at Clay Hilldinerlinda1Dined on 9/5/2014Our dinner was a gift at retirement and it was a wonderful way to celebrate. The food was exceptional. I had the lobster bisque, which was outstanding and the grouper dinner special and was very happy with it. It is a beautiful spot and very relaxing. Our waiter was responsive and the service was very good. If we are in the Ogunquit area again, we'd certainly make reservations at Clay Hill Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Away from the the crowds and traffic of Ogunquit, this quiet, woodsy location is wonderful to relax at. The Lobster Bisque is soooo good! Staff is very professional and many have been here for years, or so it seems. A party going on in the front "garden room" was rather noisy when we walked in and the piano being played was loud right there, but the dining room was quiet with the piano in the background. The food is very good and the prices are "special occasion" for us. Service is impeccable. The ambiance is smart casual, although I don't think there is a dress code, I hope anyone in beach attire feels out of place. It is too nice for that.Special Features:
- Personnal thoughtsAnniversarloversDined on 9/4/2014Ideal atmosphere for romantic dining or enjoying the presence of family and close friends. It was the most excellent location for our 50th Anniversary., Great dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014This is a real diamond find, great atmosphere. Excellent food and the waitstaff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something specialCarolVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food, service, and quiet atmosphere for conversation. Enjoyed. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to 1975 !FoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Your grandmother will love this place. The bird sanctuary setting is lovely and a walk around the grounds proved charming, but that is where the ambiance ends. Step inside and back in time to a dining room where ownership has not spent a dime since Jimmy Carter was president. The place smells stale and moldy, furniture is worn and carpet thread bare. They double as a banquet hall and it shows. They use banquet chairs in the dining room, offer banquet service (efficient but not personal) and serve banquet food. Prime Rib was a re-heat from the day prior. Lamb chops were RAW and nothing was seasoned. Still looking for the chèvre salad they promise on the menu. This adventure was "one and done" for me and will be for many who know real food.
- Excellent RestaurantGrandpaDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to clay Hill Farm for more years than I care to count and love it as much today as then. It is a special location, beautiful gardens, quality service and consistently delicious dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Clay Hill Farm is a beautiful location. The food was disappointing. For the price, my expectations were much higher.Special Features:
- WonderfuldinayumDined on 8/23/2014Been to Clay Hill a few times and plan to go more even more. Everything is superb from service to food to surroundings. Very easy friendly to make reservations on line including special request.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014great place ! the drinks were amazing ! the prime rib was awesome. My husband had a steak, he didn't like it, overcooked and very thin. great watching the birds outside !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereBubbejoDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience. Beautiful background music by a live piano player, not piped in music. Very friendly and accommodating waitstaff. Our first visit but it won't be our last. The meals were delicious according to all of us at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenEVIPDined on 8/19/2014The staff was enthusiastic to please us.They made some errors,like forgetting wine, and giving us the wrong vesgetable,but they apologized profusely.There were only 2 of us,but they gave us a table for 4 with 4 chairs. I frankly find that uncomfortable-particularly since there were plenty of other tables. It is awkward to sit at a half empty table.They just need to sharpen their skills a bit as we both like to go to that destination when we're in southern Maine.Special Features:
- Was looking for more.OnthetownDined on 8/18/2014Lost in time. Uninteresting menu. But the food was prepared well. Weak wine list.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is a little tired. But overall a great spot with very good food.Special Features:
- not up to usual standardsbobbDined on 8/16/2014we have been going here for 12 years, this is the first time we were dissapointed. My salmon was not cooked in the middle, they took it back to the kitchen and cooked it more, it was then overdone, but not once during this exchange was there an apology issued. This was a special anniversary dinner which turned out to be not so special.Special Features:
- A Wonderful treat !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014the Ogunquit area is now overdone and overrun with people and promises of good food and finds. Clay Hill Farm rises above all others in the area--a wonderful experience in every way !!Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvitDined on 8/11/2014Upon arrival and the valer parking I felt we made a good choice. We are from CT and this restaurant came to us through a recommendation. We actually had reservations at a different restaurant and decided to cancel and try this one. My wife Md I felt like prime rib so today caught our eyes. It turned out to be the best prime rib we have had as long as I can remember. Service was excellent and attentive. Only down fall is too far to get to unless we travel to Maine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem Off The Beaten PathvacationerstreatDined on 8/10/2014Everything was excellent, the service, the food and atmosphere. We intend to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MjjlawDined on 8/6/2014A gem, with wonderful food, attractive grounds, and very good service!Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningBluestarDined on 8/6/2014We went at the Clay Hill Farm for the second time. Again it was the highlight of our vacation in Ogunquit area. The gardens are beautiful,the food is fresh and original and the service is outstanding, Next year I should book it twice!U took the seasonal salad and the lobster and to finish the rhubarbe and rasperry cobbler, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJasonFDined on 8/5/2014Very pleasant experience. Dined indoors on a Tuesday evening with a view of the landscape, which is quite nice. I had the game hen with roasted potatoes while the Mrs. enjoyed the Atlantic salmon and Asian cole slaw. Both were well-prepared and the presentation was good, although I did feel that the portions were a bit small for the price. Overall though, we enjoyed our experience and would recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveninghopalongVIPDined on 8/4/2014Romantic setting with gardens to walk through if you arrive before dinner or if your dinner is over while it is daylight. The menus includes various wine selections for the entrees We had the dayboat haddock. Amazing! Fresh green beans, salad all the produce was fresh from their gardenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night at the bartravlxcntryDined on 8/3/2014I sat at the bar for my meal and enjoyed great service and a relaxing live music duet singing covers of Simon and Garfunkle among many other familiar and enjoyable tunes. The food and cocktails were great. I'd recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...brooksdbettsDined on 8/3/2014My wife an I visited Clay Hill Farms for dinner when in Ogunquit for our anniversary about 3 years ago based on a recommendation of the Inn we stayed. We had a really romantic dinner; there was a fire in the fireplace (winter) and there was a great pianist that night too. Recently while in the area with our daughter(14) and wanted to go back. Again our dinner was outstanding! My wife, daughter, and I all had the Prime Rib and popovers (nice traditional touch). They had a very nice couple with guitar and duet vocals which was perfect. Salads, Dinner, Wine, dessert, and service were all excellent. I don't think you will be let down based on both of our experiences there. I don't think I would go here with small children.Special Features:
- romantickelkelDined on 8/1/2014Clay hill farms is a great out of the way spot. The food is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. We had the prime rib that was cooked to perfection. Great wine list. We finished the night with a after dinner drink on the leather couch listening to the piano player. The whole experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantCody64Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed a good dinner here. Very beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Great food, great Service!Priscilla582Dined on 7/29/2014The staff was helpful in a surprise of old friends meeting us to celebrate his birthday. The team of servers worked seamlessly, all pleasant, personable, attending to every need. The food was superb! Fresh carrots were the seasonal vegetable of the evening, and were the best I have ever had. The fresh haddock was served with a lobster sauce, artfully presented and delicious. This was our second outstanding visit to Clay Hill Farm--hoping for many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMangeDined on 7/26/2014Prompt, attentive and knowledgeable servers. Food arrived hot and fresh. Bread bland. Cheese plate delicious but pricey. Overall good menu selections. Dessert fabulous (brownie sundae)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Percent Service 50 Percent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was as superb as we remembered last year. This year, we brought another couple with us. The hostess greeted us and gave us a wonderful table. The entire evening was marred however by our server, Kristen who insisted on rushing us through our meal. We gave her as many subtle hints as we could without being direct and rude, but she was oblivious to it. For a relaxing, upscale environment that promotes fine dining, her service bordered on Applebees! Now having said that, each of our entrees were well prepared and presented - you will not go wrong here. We will probably return the next time we are in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal Chop!ydd207Dined on 7/26/2014The special was the veal chop, braised and herbed. It was paired with a fantastic summer root vegetable salad and roasted new potatoes done to perfection. I began with scallops and had a nice Chardonnay to make a great meal.Special Features: