Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: (207) 361-2272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (74)scenic view (48)fit for foodies (39)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Always the best meal!LuvclayhillDined on 6/27/2014We brought friends to Clay Hill to experience what we have for the past 10 years...the best food in a fabulous atmosphere with excellent service and they fully agreed. We have eaten at your restaurant at least 15 times over the past 10 years and have always come away completely satisfied and delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our second visit in three years, and both visits were to celebrate our wedding anniversary. A beautiful setting in gorgeous Maine, excellent food, wonderful service. We will be back again.Special Features:
- FoodedDined on 6/27/2014We liked the valet service upon arriving and leaving. The kitchen was not quite ready when we arrived, the hostess offered us a seat in the lounge area. The bartender was very friendly and we had a cocktail. When we were seated we were given a delightful table overlooking the garden. We had a waiter and waitress and both were very friendly and helpful in pointing out that evenings specials and answering our questions. I had the pork chop special and my wife the salmon. The food was very good. The only complaint we had was that the music from the live piano, that was piped into the area where we were seating, seemed a bit too loud. The live pianist was very good. We will certainly go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beBrianDined on 6/25/2014Were disappointed in the menu. Food (except for Lobster Bisque which was great) was only fair. We have had much better for far less money. Atmosphere is great, service was only ok based on the cost of the meal. We won't be back unless someone tells us it has reverted to what it used to be.
- Very DisappointingSuzyDined on 6/25/2014We have dined @ Clay Hill Farm before & booked this to celebrate a special occasion. The portions were small. The prime rib was very small & tasteless. The green beans were really al dente. The plate was covered in liquid. The haddock was good but the Jasmine rice was blah. Very poor presentation. The crème brulee (which we both had ) was skimpy. Not even filled halfway. Portions and quality do not warrant the prices. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Anniversary delightYummyDined on 6/22/2014The food was great and the servers (Nicole and Paul) were friendly and efficient. The Lobster Bisque and the salmon were perfectly made. A very nice anniversary dinner in a picturesque setting... Very affordable and nicely priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperienceGelatinswellDined on 6/21/2014From the starter to the last sip of wine with our entrees, the food was outstanding and the service was superb. The time between courses was well thought out and the ambience looking out over the gardens was perfect. We can highly recommend Clay Hill farms as a very special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappytohelpDined on 6/21/2014Beginning at the front door with the valet our whole experience was excellent. Soft piano music playing in the background did not drown out conversations. The food was delicious. My husband asked for his NY Strip steak to be medium rare although it was more toward medium he said is was the best he had ever eaten. Although it seems to be in a remote area it was easy to find and well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful dining experience there! It was our thirty fifth wedding anniversary and the staff made it a very special evening!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDaughteroftheseaDined on 6/17/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentTravelingdinerDined on 6/17/2014We liked everything but the food. The fruit on the Seasonal Salad was anything but fresh. My Game Hen and wife's Prime Rib looked and tasted like a re-heat from some prior day and were so loaded with salt it made us ill. The Blueberry Tart for desert had lots of ice cream, but only some small rather discouraged looking pieces of tart. We had planned to take a group of friends here soon but glad we didn't - we would have been sorry. We've been to Clay Hill several times in the past but will not go back until we hear there has been a change.Special Features:
- PatheticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014I ordered twin lamb chops cooked medium. They arrived fully cooked to well done. They were replaced by one well done chop and one medium rare. I ate the medium rare chop but they replaced the well done chop. The second replacement arrived medium rare; which I ate. The green beans that were served were tasteless - I ate one bean. The "green" mashed potatoes were just ok. My wife has fish quite often and she believes the fish she was served had been frozen and not fressh. Overall, it was a terrible dining experience and would never recommend it to anyone!
- not impressedShirlDined on 6/15/2014Always wanted to try Clay Hill Farm. Ordered scallops which were not done enough for me. Others in our party were happy either.Special Features:
- living on the nameWillyDined on 6/14/2014I gave mywife a g.c for Christmas.for Clay HIll The menu is limited, I had haddock (small pc with scoop of rice and some green beans, wife had P.R. very little meat more fat. We each had a drink, soup,dessert. $129.00 Maybe the tourists like this place. No thanks
- Classic and well executedDaveparisDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner here. Menu is a solid selection of fairly classic dishes, ours were well executed and service was professional. Had an excellent package from our B&B that made it great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After ShowDaatenightDined on 6/5/2014WE stopped for dinner after seeing the show Grease at Ogunquit Theatre. Food was outstanding and service was excellent as usual. Enjoyed watching birds feed in gardens as we ate dinner. Very relaxing atmosphere. Pace of dinner was not rushed and wine choices are very good. Looking forward to dinner after next show in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveEnjoyfoodDined on 6/3/2014Our initial Clay Hiil Farm visit was at a good time of the season, mid June. Clay Hill Farm has an exceptional setting both inside and out. The staff service is excellent.The food menu lacks vegetarian entree choices. The roasted? tomato bisque is superb. The rice served with the cod could use some help with seasoning. The spinach pasta with fennel was tasty although, I would delete the large quartered tomato for some heated cherry tomatoes. The paintings in the women's room are fab.Special Features:
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014I'm hooked! Sat at the window with a beautiful view of the gardens and the birds, wonderful and relaxing atmosphere. Had one of the best meals I can recall in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandbeartunesDined on 5/23/2014The servers were pretty good, the waiter that wasn't even ours paid more attention to us though. Everyone at our table thought our food was very boring, bland, and felt it was overpriced for what it was. A lot of potential to do better at this place. It's a nice location and the thought of locally sourced ingredients is a great idea, they just need better recipes.Special Features:
- A real throwback to another timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2014That's what I love about Clay Hill. You feel like your smack in the middle of the 60's or 70's and its great. And the prime rib is really good too!
- Spice 60Spice60Dined on 5/18/2014Was a special occasion an anniversary dinner. The setting is loely and romantic. The staff is very good and we enjoyed our meal. A little procey for the area but the surroundings are worth itSpecial Features:
- Always wonderfulFrequentdinerDined on 5/11/2014The best way to describe Clayhill Farm is country elegant. The grounds are tranquil, the service is outstanding and the food is exceptional....especially the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodappreciatedDined on 4/27/2014The atmosphere was quite romantic and the food was very good except the prime rib could be a little thicker. The service was excellent and the servers were very friendly. I would have given them a 5 star rating but as I stated the prime rib was a little on the thin side. Being a fan off prime rib i expected a little more and at the end of the night when we had coffee it was not very warm even though when we told them that it was cold they topped it off with more hot coffee. All around I would go back and recommend them to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBakercheDined on 4/26/2014We chose Clay Hill Farm on the recommendation of a friend. The atmosphere was lovely and the service superb. Our party of six enjoyed their experience and all loved their meals. The salmon was perfectly cooked, the prime rib served to order, and the duck was mouthwatering. We will return during our annual pilgrimage. This is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014This was our second visit to Clay Hill Farm. The first was a romantic dinner for our anniversary. This time we brought our 12 year old son who very much enjoyed the experience (and his duck) and we were again impressed by the service and atmosphere. It was, as we expected, an excellent dinner.Special Features:
- Fine for Special Occasionsglad2bhereDined on 4/20/2014We often go to Clay Hill Farm for special occasions. We started with crab cakes which were excellent. I had the Roast Lamb and my spouse had Chicken Cordon Bleu. As expected, the food was very good and presented in a straight forward way. The service used a team approach and was excellent from seating through the entrée. After the table was cleared, however, we sat for fifteen minutes without attention. This was surprising because the servers were still visible. We view our service issue this time as an anomaly. On the whole, we had a fine Easter meal and will certainly return.Special Features:
- First time was a charm!!ErnieCVIPDined on 4/12/2014I was very impressed with the charm, sewrvice and above all the wonderful food!! We will return very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant country diningStephenDined on 4/6/2014The dining room had huge windows overlooking gardens and several bird feeds to watch. Service was outstanding,Team approach to the wait staff was nice , someone always at the ready but not pushy at all.The building is a little tired, chairs were/are old banquet metal leg chairs, just looked dated. Overall though, the food was great, I had Duck, tender and nice glaze, my partner had the steak, tasty and cooked medium rare to perfection. Fingerling potatoes with veggies was very nice too. They also (on a Sunday evening), had live folk-ish entertainment that was fun to have in the background. Give it a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening w/friends..!!WinnieDined on 4/5/2014What a wonderful place to dine. Have been here before & the food, service & atmosphere is always top notch. Just love this place from start to finish..!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We never disappointed withNenaVIPDined on 4/5/2014We never disappointed with the food in the dinning area or drinks at the bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- walkingjane - Clay Hill FarmwalkingjaneDined on 3/28/2014Craig and I found our way through the fog to Clay HIll Farm, late March. A few other couples sat around fireside tables, while we sat next to a wall of windows looking out on a garden. The wait staff was attentive and friendly but did not distract us from our dinner. Homemade spinach pasta, artichokes and tomatoes with a delicious Chardonnay cream sauce was my lucky choice. The pasta was perfectly proportioned to the vegetables and the sauce was delicious without being too heavy. Craig likes the end cut of the prime rib where all the spices hide, which can be a tough cut. Not this one. Perfectly cooked, melt in your mouth and flavorful, Craig claims one of the best he has ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Clay Hill Farm fortediDined on 3/27/2014We go to Clay Hill Farm for special occasions and events that we are interested in. The food is outstanding, and the wait staff is very good, with a few exceptions...We travel quite a distance to get there, and we are never disappointed. It is especially beautiful in the Fall and Spring, with the grounds manicured and to watch the wildlife. It is a must for anyone who loves good food and beautiful surroundings.Special Features:
- RatingGuybeeDined on 3/16/2014The food was not up to the usual Clay Hill Farm standard - in fact, it was really terrible.Special Features:
- FabulousYummyDined on 3/15/2014We don't live far and I'm embarrassed to say tgat we'd never been because we thought it was too expensive. We needed a splurge night and change from our regular splurge restaurant and we were extremely pleased. The lobster bisque is award winning and should be and the beet wedge salad was tangy and tasty. We both had "common" meals, Pablo crusted haddock and prime rib that had twists that made them far from "common" instead exquisite. We will be back for sure, they are more reasonably priced than many places in this area with better quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all aroundPeteNEllieDined on 3/1/2014We loved our meal and the service was outstanding. We will definately return in the future.Special Features:
- Great meal by the fireplace!Nannyto3Dined on 3/1/2014We have been going to Clay Hill for many years now. We love the fact that we can count on having a nice quiet romantic dinner on our weekend escapes. Love the fact that it is so quiet there, really seems like you really don't get that at most restaurants. Quiet and romantic, what more can you say! Try the Love Letter martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Food was great and the service is wonderful. Great atmosphere. Beautiful in the winter, can't wait to see it in the spring/summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFreddyDined on 2/22/2014We'd never been to Clay Hill Farm before, and we we're in for a treat! Everything was wonderful without being over the top. The waitstaff was friendly, not snooty, and the food was outstanding. If you get a chance, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time. The foodBonAppetiteDined on 2/20/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent; I had the haddock. The soup was rich and flavorful, but could have been hotter; it was served luke warm. The dessert was outstanding; apple crisp/a la mode. The only improvement to the ambience would be to have a cuter wait staff. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightSabrinaDined on 2/16/2014The food was so delicious and the service was great!! We first came to Clay Hill Farm in December (2013) for the Christmas Show and light meal. We were so impressed with both and couldn't wait to return!! This past Sunday I booked a reservation for a very special occasion. The meal was perfect in every way and now we are looking forward to other events that we can celebrate at this beautiful place! We are also looking forward to warmer weather when we are able to dine outdoors!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.