Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: (207) 361-2272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (74)scenic view (50)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (30)neighborhood gem (28)notable wine list (24)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Lovely atmosphereBubbejoDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience. Beautiful background music by a live piano player, not piped in music. Very friendly and accommodating waitstaff. Our first visit but it won't be our last. The meals were delicious according to all of us at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenEVIPDined on 8/19/2014The staff was enthusiastic to please us.They made some errors,like forgetting wine, and giving us the wrong vesgetable,but they apologized profusely.There were only 2 of us,but they gave us a table for 4 with 4 chairs. I frankly find that uncomfortable-particularly since there were plenty of other tables. It is awkward to sit at a half empty table.They just need to sharpen their skills a bit as we both like to go to that destination when we're in southern Maine.Special Features:
- Was looking for more.OnthetownDined on 8/18/2014Lost in time. Uninteresting menu. But the food was prepared well. Weak wine list.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is a little tired. But overall a great spot with very good food.Special Features:
- not up to usual standardsbobbDined on 8/16/2014we have been going here for 12 years, this is the first time we were dissapointed. My salmon was not cooked in the middle, they took it back to the kitchen and cooked it more, it was then overdone, but not once during this exchange was there an apology issued. This was a special anniversary dinner which turned out to be not so special.Special Features:
- A Wonderful treat !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014the Ogunquit area is now overdone and overrun with people and promises of good food and finds. Clay Hill Farm rises above all others in the area--a wonderful experience in every way !!Special Features:
- DeliciousLuvitDined on 8/11/2014Upon arrival and the valer parking I felt we made a good choice. We are from CT and this restaurant came to us through a recommendation. We actually had reservations at a different restaurant and decided to cancel and try this one. My wife Md I felt like prime rib so today caught our eyes. It turned out to be the best prime rib we have had as long as I can remember. Service was excellent and attentive. Only down fall is too far to get to unless we travel to Maine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem Off The Beaten PathvacationerstreatDined on 8/10/2014Everything was excellent, the service, the food and atmosphere. We intend to revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MjjlawDined on 8/6/2014A gem, with wonderful food, attractive grounds, and very good service!Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningBluestarDined on 8/6/2014We went at the Clay Hill Farm for the second time. Again it was the highlight of our vacation in Ogunquit area. The gardens are beautiful,the food is fresh and original and the service is outstanding, Next year I should book it twice!U took the seasonal salad and the lobster and to finish the rhubarbe and rasperry cobbler, everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJasonFDined on 8/5/2014Very pleasant experience. Dined indoors on a Tuesday evening with a view of the landscape, which is quite nice. I had the game hen with roasted potatoes while the Mrs. enjoyed the Atlantic salmon and Asian cole slaw. Both were well-prepared and the presentation was good, although I did feel that the portions were a bit small for the price. Overall though, we enjoyed our experience and would recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveninghopalongVIPDined on 8/4/2014Romantic setting with gardens to walk through if you arrive before dinner or if your dinner is over while it is daylight. The menus includes various wine selections for the entrees We had the dayboat haddock. Amazing! Fresh green beans, salad all the produce was fresh from their gardenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night at the bartravlxcntryDined on 8/3/2014I sat at the bar for my meal and enjoyed great service and a relaxing live music duet singing covers of Simon and Garfunkle among many other familiar and enjoyable tunes. The food and cocktails were great. I'd recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...brooksdbettsDined on 8/3/2014My wife an I visited Clay Hill Farms for dinner when in Ogunquit for our anniversary about 3 years ago based on a recommendation of the Inn we stayed. We had a really romantic dinner; there was a fire in the fireplace (winter) and there was a great pianist that night too. Recently while in the area with our daughter(14) and wanted to go back. Again our dinner was outstanding! My wife, daughter, and I all had the Prime Rib and popovers (nice traditional touch). They had a very nice couple with guitar and duet vocals which was perfect. Salads, Dinner, Wine, dessert, and service were all excellent. I don't think you will be let down based on both of our experiences there. I don't think I would go here with small children.Special Features:
- romantickelkelDined on 8/1/2014Clay hill farms is a great out of the way spot. The food is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. We had the prime rib that was cooked to perfection. Great wine list. We finished the night with a after dinner drink on the leather couch listening to the piano player. The whole experience was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantCody64Dined on 7/31/2014We enjoyed a good dinner here. Very beautiful setting.Special Features:
- The following 399 reviews are from the Clay Hill Farm reviews archive.
- Great food, great Service!Priscilla582Dined on 7/29/2014The staff was helpful in a surprise of old friends meeting us to celebrate his birthday. The team of servers worked seamlessly, all pleasant, personable, attending to every need. The food was superb! Fresh carrots were the seasonal vegetable of the evening, and were the best I have ever had. The fresh haddock was served with a lobster sauce, artfully presented and delicious. This was our second outstanding visit to Clay Hill Farm--hoping for many more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMangeDined on 7/26/2014Prompt, attentive and knowledgeable servers. Food arrived hot and fresh. Bread bland. Cheese plate delicious but pricey. Overall good menu selections. Dessert fabulous (brownie sundae)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50 Percent Service 50 Percent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was as superb as we remembered last year. This year, we brought another couple with us. The hostess greeted us and gave us a wonderful table. The entire evening was marred however by our server, Kristen who insisted on rushing us through our meal. We gave her as many subtle hints as we could without being direct and rude, but she was oblivious to it. For a relaxing, upscale environment that promotes fine dining, her service bordered on Applebees! Now having said that, each of our entrees were well prepared and presented - you will not go wrong here. We will probably return the next time we are in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal Chop!ydd207Dined on 7/26/2014The special was the veal chop, braised and herbed. It was paired with a fantastic summer root vegetable salad and roasted new potatoes done to perfection. I began with scallops and had a nice Chardonnay to make a great meal.Special Features:
- ExcellentJackDined on 7/24/2014First time back in a number of years. Excellent all around from the food to the drink to the atmosphere. Can't understand why we haven't been their for a few years. That will change. In act stopped back for the Sunday evening music which was great/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer DinnerMuffyDined on 7/22/2014We were a party of three and arrived at 7 p.m.The hostess was pleasant and our servers were very attentive.The menu was interesting but the food a little disappointing.The beef stew was the soup of the day and it was bland.The Caesar salad was fabulous,as was the garden salad.The two fish dinners were stingy in their portions and the prime rib was a bit over cooked.The grounds were fabulous and I would return to enjoy them.Special Features:
- Always great DiningGemmarooDined on 7/22/2014Another great meal at clay farms. I love the use of fresh homegrown herbs they utilize in so many of their dishes. The service was again, fantastic . We got the Tuesday couples special which at $69 a couple, for 3 courses and a bottle of wine, was an excellent value. Their lobster bisque btw is the best there is ANYWHERE. Unfortunately, it's not on the couples menu... Worth the up charge though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice if old is your styleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014We knew that this was an older restaurant, and it was very nice with lovely gardens and nice dining room. Unfortunately, our teen children weren't enjoying it, so we had appetizers and went elsewhere for dinner. The appetizers were very good, clam chowder, caesar salad and scallops. The wine and drink menu was also good. We may have to go back for another try without the children.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent food!ASCBVIPDined on 7/19/2014Beautiful, tranquil surroundings. Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bird santuaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Walked there before dinner. It was a mess. Looked like it hadn't been maintained in weeks. Meadow area had garbage and remnants of kid's activities. Suggest you close it if not improved. Hurt's your reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Fresh, farm to table choices with chef selected specials to utilize local produce. The regular menu also offers interesting, well-prepared choices. Check out the special deals on their website. Great for a terrific meal anytime, but especially before a show at the Ogunquit Playhouse.Special Features:
- A new favoriteShrink2346Dined on 7/13/2014We're relatively new to Maine and live in Kennebunk so are just exploring restaurants in the area. We stopped by once before and the restaurant was closed for a wedding. Made a reservation. Food, ambiance and service was wonderful an all counts. A little pricey but highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our MealBrianDined on 7/10/2014While staying in York, ME, we had dinner at Clay Farm, based on Trip Advisor and local recommendations. If back in York, we will go again. Very good food, very good service until the end of the meal. A party of 30+ came in as we were getting ready for out check, and I think the wait staff froze. Service was great until then. It was like a pretty old inn. I can see why it's named Best for Weddings yearly. We had seen some negative reviews, but they weren't apparent while we were there. Eye of the Beholder, I Guess. Pricing was equal to some of the casual fish restaurants by the water. Check out the online menu. You'll want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We have visited the restaurant many years in a row and are always impressed. Great place to also take pictures. Kids enjoy the nature walk also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemQueenbeeDined on 7/8/2014It was a wicked awesome experience to dine at Clay Hill Farm!Special Features:
- Our experience was amazing!!TheGenesatthelakeDined on 7/7/2014My husband wanted to take me to a special place for a significant birthday. We experienced your fine restaurant several years ago and never forgot how wonderful it was. He easily made reservations for open table dining. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar. At the precise time we were taken to our table by the window which overlooked the beautiful gardens and bird feeders. Your wait staff are very attentive, friendly and professional. Your menu has many great selections...I had trouble deciding what to order. When the food arrived the presentation was elegant and our taste buds sang out in pleasure!! It was a very special night, one of the best! We plan to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placefoodloverDined on 7/6/2014Off the beaten path and away from typical tourist traps. Very good ambiance and food. An excellent place for a quiet or special occasion evening. The lobster bisque was the best I ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDined on 7/6/2014Not as good as we remembered - Food slightly warm - popovers hard - Long wait for dinner
- Good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I would love to say that we were extremely pleased with the food, but we weren't. The food was cooked well, however the flavor and inspiration was a little lack luster for the price. The rest of the atmosphere was very pleasant. There was a piano player for the musical ambiance, which was nice! The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Nature LoversLooking2BimpressedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Dining room has lots of windows overlooking a garden. We had a great time watching many colorful birds. Food was good, but not as notable as the scenery.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent & ambienceMichaelsMomDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I were on a special, romantic getaway and once again thoroughly enjoyed the extra special ambience, service and food at Clay Hill Farm restaurant. We had last been there 4 summers ago and were so happy to find it very unchanged...only minor changes for the better. Walking in, on a rainy Friday night, to the wonderful piano music and being seated at the window close to the beautiful garden was an awesome beginning of a perfect evening. The food and service was excellent and it's so refreshing to find a place that is consistently good. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceJimHDined on 6/28/2014Great choice for fine dining experience in a genteel Maine farm setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FavoriteGirldreamsDined on 6/28/2014My family dined at Clay Hill Farm for years. Just came here with friends and it was as wonderful as I remembered it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before ShowScottDined on 6/28/2014Had not been here for years, but had previously always enjoyed. Two in our party of four ordered fish specials that were terrible the other two ordered off the regular menu, and their meals were sub par as well. Great service, great setting, but sub par food. Did not charge for one meal.