Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2073612272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (93)special occasion (91)scenic view (66)fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (30)notable wine list (28)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Bird santuaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Walked there before dinner. It was a mess. Looked like it hadn't been maintained in weeks. Meadow area had garbage and remnants of kid's activities. Suggest you close it if not improved. Hurt's your reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014Fresh, farm to table choices with chef selected specials to utilize local produce. The regular menu also offers interesting, well-prepared choices. Check out the special deals on their website. Great for a terrific meal anytime, but especially before a show at the Ogunquit Playhouse.Special Features:
- A new favoriteShrink2346Dined on 7/13/2014We're relatively new to Maine and live in Kennebunk so are just exploring restaurants in the area. We stopped by once before and the restaurant was closed for a wedding. Made a reservation. Food, ambiance and service was wonderful an all counts. A little pricey but highly recommended.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our MealBrianDined on 7/10/2014While staying in York, ME, we had dinner at Clay Farm, based on Trip Advisor and local recommendations. If back in York, we will go again. Very good food, very good service until the end of the meal. A party of 30+ came in as we were getting ready for out check, and I think the wait staff froze. Service was great until then. It was like a pretty old inn. I can see why it's named Best for Weddings yearly. We had seen some negative reviews, but they weren't apparent while we were there. Eye of the Beholder, I Guess. Pricing was equal to some of the casual fish restaurants by the water. Check out the online menu. You'll want to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014We have visited the restaurant many years in a row and are always impressed. Great place to also take pictures. Kids enjoy the nature walk also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemQueenbeeDined on 7/8/2014It was a wicked awesome experience to dine at Clay Hill Farm!Special Features:
- Our experience was amazing!!TheGenesatthelakeDined on 7/7/2014My husband wanted to take me to a special place for a significant birthday. We experienced your fine restaurant several years ago and never forgot how wonderful it was. He easily made reservations for open table dining. We arrived early and had a drink at the bar. At the precise time we were taken to our table by the window which overlooked the beautiful gardens and bird feeders. Your wait staff are very attentive, friendly and professional. Your menu has many great selections...I had trouble deciding what to order. When the food arrived the presentation was elegant and our taste buds sang out in pleasure!! It was a very special night, one of the best! We plan to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placefoodloverDined on 7/6/2014Off the beaten path and away from typical tourist traps. Very good ambiance and food. An excellent place for a quiet or special occasion evening. The lobster bisque was the best I ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnhappyDined on 7/6/2014Not as good as we remembered - Food slightly warm - popovers hard - Long wait for dinner
- Good atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014I would love to say that we were extremely pleased with the food, but we weren't. The food was cooked well, however the flavor and inspiration was a little lack luster for the price. The rest of the atmosphere was very pleasant. There was a piano player for the musical ambiance, which was nice! The service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Nature LoversLooking2BimpressedVIPDined on 7/3/2014Dining room has lots of windows overlooking a garden. We had a great time watching many colorful birds. Food was good, but not as notable as the scenery.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent & ambienceMichaelsMomDined on 7/2/2014My husband and I were on a special, romantic getaway and once again thoroughly enjoyed the extra special ambience, service and food at Clay Hill Farm restaurant. We had last been there 4 summers ago and were so happy to find it very unchanged...only minor changes for the better. Walking in, on a rainy Friday night, to the wonderful piano music and being seated at the window close to the beautiful garden was an awesome beginning of a perfect evening. The food and service was excellent and it's so refreshing to find a place that is consistently good. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ChoiceJimHDined on 6/28/2014Great choice for fine dining experience in a genteel Maine farm setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic FavoriteGirldreamsDined on 6/28/2014My family dined at Clay Hill Farm for years. Just came here with friends and it was as wonderful as I remembered it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Before ShowScottDined on 6/28/2014Had not been here for years, but had previously always enjoyed. Two in our party of four ordered fish specials that were terrible the other two ordered off the regular menu, and their meals were sub par as well. Great service, great setting, but sub par food. Did not charge for one meal.
- Always the best meal!LuvclayhillDined on 6/27/2014We brought friends to Clay Hill to experience what we have for the past 10 years...the best food in a fabulous atmosphere with excellent service and they fully agreed. We have eaten at your restaurant at least 15 times over the past 10 years and have always come away completely satisfied and delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our second visit in three years, and both visits were to celebrate our wedding anniversary. A beautiful setting in gorgeous Maine, excellent food, wonderful service. We will be back again.Special Features:
- FoodedDined on 6/27/2014We liked the valet service upon arriving and leaving. The kitchen was not quite ready when we arrived, the hostess offered us a seat in the lounge area. The bartender was very friendly and we had a cocktail. When we were seated we were given a delightful table overlooking the garden. We had a waiter and waitress and both were very friendly and helpful in pointing out that evenings specials and answering our questions. I had the pork chop special and my wife the salmon. The food was very good. The only complaint we had was that the music from the live piano, that was piped into the area where we were seating, seemed a bit too loud. The live pianist was very good. We will certainly go back and will recommend to friends.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beBrianDined on 6/25/2014Were disappointed in the menu. Food (except for Lobster Bisque which was great) was only fair. We have had much better for far less money. Atmosphere is great, service was only ok based on the cost of the meal. We won't be back unless someone tells us it has reverted to what it used to be.
- Very DisappointingSuzyDined on 6/25/2014We have dined @ Clay Hill Farm before & booked this to celebrate a special occasion. The portions were small. The prime rib was very small & tasteless. The green beans were really al dente. The plate was covered in liquid. The haddock was good but the Jasmine rice was blah. Very poor presentation. The crème brulee (which we both had ) was skimpy. Not even filled halfway. Portions and quality do not warrant the prices. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Anniversary delightYummyDined on 6/22/2014The food was great and the servers (Nicole and Paul) were friendly and efficient. The Lobster Bisque and the salmon were perfectly made. A very nice anniversary dinner in a picturesque setting... Very affordable and nicely priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperienceGelatinswellDined on 6/21/2014From the starter to the last sip of wine with our entrees, the food was outstanding and the service was superb. The time between courses was well thought out and the ambience looking out over the gardens was perfect. We can highly recommend Clay Hill farms as a very special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappytohelpDined on 6/21/2014Beginning at the front door with the valet our whole experience was excellent. Soft piano music playing in the background did not drown out conversations. The food was delicious. My husband asked for his NY Strip steak to be medium rare although it was more toward medium he said is was the best he had ever eaten. Although it seems to be in a remote area it was easy to find and well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChrisDined on 6/21/2014We had a wonderful dining experience there! It was our thirty fifth wedding anniversary and the staff made it a very special evening!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceDaughteroftheseaDined on 6/17/2014The food was delicious and the service was great. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentTravelingdinerDined on 6/17/2014We liked everything but the food. The fruit on the Seasonal Salad was anything but fresh. My Game Hen and wife's Prime Rib looked and tasted like a re-heat from some prior day and were so loaded with salt it made us ill. The Blueberry Tart for desert had lots of ice cream, but only some small rather discouraged looking pieces of tart. We had planned to take a group of friends here soon but glad we didn't - we would have been sorry. We've been to Clay Hill several times in the past but will not go back until we hear there has been a change.Special Features:
- PatheticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014I ordered twin lamb chops cooked medium. They arrived fully cooked to well done. They were replaced by one well done chop and one medium rare. I ate the medium rare chop but they replaced the well done chop. The second replacement arrived medium rare; which I ate. The green beans that were served were tasteless - I ate one bean. The "green" mashed potatoes were just ok. My wife has fish quite often and she believes the fish she was served had been frozen and not fressh. Overall, it was a terrible dining experience and would never recommend it to anyone!
- not impressedShirlDined on 6/15/2014Always wanted to try Clay Hill Farm. Ordered scallops which were not done enough for me. Others in our party were happy either.Special Features:
- living on the nameWillyDined on 6/14/2014I gave mywife a g.c for Christmas.for Clay HIll The menu is limited, I had haddock (small pc with scoop of rice and some green beans, wife had P.R. very little meat more fat. We each had a drink, soup,dessert. $129.00 Maybe the tourists like this place. No thanks
- Classic and well executedDaveparisDined on 6/12/2014Enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner here. Menu is a solid selection of fairly classic dishes, ours were well executed and service was professional. Had an excellent package from our B&B that made it great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After ShowDaatenightDined on 6/5/2014WE stopped for dinner after seeing the show Grease at Ogunquit Theatre. Food was outstanding and service was excellent as usual. Enjoyed watching birds feed in gardens as we ate dinner. Very relaxing atmosphere. Pace of dinner was not rushed and wine choices are very good. Looking forward to dinner after next show in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the driveEnjoyfoodDined on 6/3/2014Our initial Clay Hiil Farm visit was at a good time of the season, mid June. Clay Hill Farm has an exceptional setting both inside and out. The staff service is excellent.The food menu lacks vegetarian entree choices. The roasted? tomato bisque is superb. The rice served with the cod could use some help with seasoning. The spinach pasta with fennel was tasty although, I would delete the large quartered tomato for some heated cherry tomatoes. The paintings in the women's room are fab.Special Features:
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2014I'm hooked! Sat at the window with a beautiful view of the gardens and the birds, wonderful and relaxing atmosphere. Had one of the best meals I can recall in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlandbeartunesDined on 5/23/2014The servers were pretty good, the waiter that wasn't even ours paid more attention to us though. Everyone at our table thought our food was very boring, bland, and felt it was overpriced for what it was. A lot of potential to do better at this place. It's a nice location and the thought of locally sourced ingredients is a great idea, they just need better recipes.Special Features:
- The following 356 reviews are from the Clay Hill Farm reviews archive.
- A real throwback to another timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/19/2014That's what I love about Clay Hill. You feel like your smack in the middle of the 60's or 70's and its great. And the prime rib is really good too!
- Spice 60Spice60Dined on 5/18/2014Was a special occasion an anniversary dinner. The setting is loely and romantic. The staff is very good and we enjoyed our meal. A little procey for the area but the surroundings are worth itSpecial Features:
- Always wonderfulFrequentdinerDined on 5/11/2014The best way to describe Clayhill Farm is country elegant. The grounds are tranquil, the service is outstanding and the food is exceptional....especially the lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodappreciatedDined on 4/27/2014The atmosphere was quite romantic and the food was very good except the prime rib could be a little thicker. The service was excellent and the servers were very friendly. I would have given them a 5 star rating but as I stated the prime rib was a little on the thin side. Being a fan off prime rib i expected a little more and at the end of the night when we had coffee it was not very warm even though when we told them that it was cold they topped it off with more hot coffee. All around I would go back and recommend them to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBakercheDined on 4/26/2014We chose Clay Hill Farm on the recommendation of a friend. The atmosphere was lovely and the service superb. Our party of six enjoyed their experience and all loved their meals. The salmon was perfectly cooked, the prime rib served to order, and the duck was mouthwatering. We will return during our annual pilgrimage. This is a special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014This was our second visit to Clay Hill Farm. The first was a romantic dinner for our anniversary. This time we brought our 12 year old son who very much enjoyed the experience (and his duck) and we were again impressed by the service and atmosphere. It was, as we expected, an excellent dinner.Special Features: