Clay Hill Farm
220 Clay Hill Rd
Ogunquit, ME 03907Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Clay Hill Farm
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clayhillfarm.com/
- Phone: 2073612272
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly from 5:30-8:00
Piano Entertainment Saturday Nights
Sunday Night Serenity with local musicians
Thursday Date Night with a FABulous Local Guitarist
CLAY HILL FARM PRESENTS...
Intimate Dinner Theatre Series
Tickets: $15 with an a la carte menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Customized menus for backyard casual to black-tie formal.
- Entertainment: Piano Entertainment Saturday off-season
Intimate Dinner Theatre (Clay Hill Farm Presents...)
- Special Events: Angel Reading Dinners (In Season)
Clay Hill Farm Presents... Intimate Dinner Series
Prime Rib & Popover $19.95 Sunday Nights
Check website for weekly promotions
A word from Clay Hill Farm
Originally built in 1780 as a working farm, Clay Hill Farm is now a 220-seat restaurant and special occasion venue nestled amidst 11+ acres of rolling lawns, protected woodlands, and colorful gardens. Tranquility waterfall brooks, a pond, two generous garden-view decks and a picture-perfect gazebo, now accent the traditional Maine beauty of the original working Farm. With modern cuisine in a classic setting, Clay Hill Farm has become a popular dining destination in a country escape just 2 miles West of Ogunquit village. With a passion for seasonal and locally-sourced food supporting Maine growers, Clay Hill Farm has won numerous local, regional and national awards for food, ambiance and service. Voted #1 on the Seacoast for weddings & romantic dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Clay Hill Farm - Best Restaurants in Ogunquit ›
Clay Hill Farm reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (95)special occasion (92)scenic view (63)fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Clay Hill Farms Great Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We love Clay Hill Farms. They never disappoint us. Very romantic setting. Wait staff is excellent, especially Tim. Food very fresh and delicious. Excellent wine list and specialty drinks were very good. Everyone at Clay Hill Farms was friendly even the valet told me I had cute shoes. Who does that. Felt welcome from the moment we arrived. We use to frequent Clay Hill Farms for Birthdays and Anniversaries all the time. Moved to AZ and miss Clay Hill Farms. We were back for a visit to Maine and would not miss the chance to dine at Clay Hill Farms. GO AND ENJOY!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Exceptional food and service. Service and atmosphere is dining at it's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely must experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We had taken a day trip to Maine and decided to try Clay Hill Farm for dinner. We were greatly surprised at how wonderful it was. The staff works as a group so everyone is there if you need anything not that it was a problem because the staff assigned to us were excellent. Everyone is so happy and energetic and always thanking you for coming and enjoying the atmosphere. The food was amazing, everything was cooked exactly as we wanted and we left knowing that we would be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Poe Show average foodVeteranswifeVIPDined on 10/15/2014My husband I went to the fabulous Edgar Allan Poe show in October. The actor was superb. This is a beautiful dining room but the pricey food was average. We had beef pot pie which was described as having carrots green beans and other veggies. The pie had two small bites of beef, a couple of tiny pieces of carrots. The whole dish was most gravy and potatoes. Big disappointment. Soup however was very tasty. I might try it again but order something safe interms of entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to eatkeithmVIPDined on 10/12/2014We've been here several times over the years. The food is always consistently very good(but not outstanding)It's a great venue for weddings & such. The only rather weird thing was, as you entered, you passed right in front the musician who was playing that night. Rather strange I thought. I started with the fish chowder which was very good & not too creamy or thick. We then split a great Caesar salad. For dinner I had the Lobster & Scallop dinner. Very nice. Richard had the thick cut Pork chop, which was very nice as well. For dessert I had the Brownie Sundae. Rather standard but still full of gooey goodness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My anniversary favoriteChezTodayDined on 10/12/2014Clay Hill was where we both wanted to spend our anniversary. Another restaurant was not discussed! I was a bit worried about reservations over Columbus Day, and could not wait for the restaurant to open. Thankfully Open Table to the rescue, we reserved & were confirmed right away, thankful we could continue on our day. Did I mention we sat at the nicest table? In front of the fire place! Quiet & comfortable, the ambiance could not have been better. Also worth mentioning was the light music playing in the background. A solo guitar player, he blended in nicely with the surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food preparation/ musicRnB6263Dined on 10/12/2014I ordered the stuffed haddock which was very tasty but fell short of my expectations. The seafood stuffing seemed prepared ahead of time and kept hot and when the entree was ordered, the uncooked haddock filet was wrapped around the stuffing, breaded and popped under the broiler for a minute. What was presented was an appealing plate but as I was enjoying the meal, I discovered that the fish was undercooked. The rest of the meal- veg. salad, wine and bread was exceptional. My wife enjoyed her perfectly prepared prime rib, wine, salad and potato. Dessert and coffee were wonderful. A word about the entertainment- the performer seemed skilled but took too much liberty with personalizing his well known and stand alone playlist.Special Features:
- Charming dining experience.whoscooknDined on 10/11/2014Lovely country atmosphere. Service was wonderful , even on a busy night. Lots of Birthday celebrations, so others found this a special place also. Liked it so much , we returned for a second night of music(piano one night & guitar w/ singing the other) and good food. The gardens were lit for a view even at night. Nice touch.Very short drive from town, but worth getting in your car. I would recommend the Salmon, Statler Chicken, and the Prime Rib. Not crazy about the Pork Chop selection, but thinner than usual we heard. Save room for the desserts. Pumpkin cheesecake, soooo good! Enjoy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this place.yentashopper1940Dined on 10/11/2014One of the best places for a special dinning experience. The menu has something for everyone. Our meals were exceptional as was our server. We will be returning when we are in the area. They are a 5 star operation.Special Features:
- disappointed this timetediDined on 10/7/2014We were celebrating our 58th anniversary and my husband made a reservation early in the week so we could get a table in the main dining room. When we got there we were seated in the banquet room and were not too happy. Our waiter was kind of pompous, very efficient and the food came out way too fast to think that it was made to order. My husband's prime rib, he said, was OK, and my pork chop was mediocre, We had been there many times before and were very satisfied, but, this time was different...maybe the seating of the room where were supposed to be would have made a difference, but the overall experience was very disappointing.Special Features:
- all around greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Solid in all the catagories that matter, great food, great service, nightly specials great, romantic atmosphere but comfy for a family gatheringSpecial Features:
- Very disappointedTravelFanDined on 10/4/2014Not a good experience at Clay Hill Farm. The service was slow and inattentive. The food was fair at best, very small serving of chicken and cold potatoes. The drinks were awful, weak and the soda in my drink tasted bad.
- travelerDined on 10/4/2014While our meal was very good, the loud piano music made it very difficult to have a conversation. Tables around had to speak very loud to hear each other, making it anything but a relaxing enjoyable dinner.
- A very special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Been there many times, had my 80th birthday party last year and celebrated my ladies' 80th this time. Went very well thanks to Kelly and Paul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local hot spotTommyDDined on 9/27/2014If you need a quiet and relaxing evening, this is the spot. A good place to get in touch with friends or a significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime RibDragonflyDined on 9/24/2014Prime rib tender, perfectly cooked, good size portion. Mashed potatoes a good compliment. Green beans fresh. Piano player a nice addition. Will return for future special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed. Had to send meal bacOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014If you know someone who works there ypu will get more attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Special Occasion onlyCTdinerDined on 9/19/2014Location superb, service excellent, food slightly above average. Special occasion onlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good spotJoeCarolDined on 9/16/2014We have been coming to this place for years and the food and friendship has been wonderful. good people work thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014this was our second visit to Clay Hill, and we have not stopped raving about the Prime Rib. It was by far the most tender (like butter) and flavorfull beef we have ever had. Rachel (our server) was outstanding as well as everyone else.Friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSmittyDined on 9/13/2014We were pleasantly surprised as we entered the place with its beautiful surroundings. The piano was being played and you could feel the energy in the room. However, we were disappointed in the food, especially, the sides. My husband had rice which had no flavorings and was not cooked thoroughly, and my mashed potatoes seemed watery. We even heard the guests next to us feeling the same way. The string beans were tender but blah. My husband didn't think much of the lobster stuffing in the haddock. In fact, it seemed to have little lobster. The dessert was delicious, a rhubarb, raspberry buckle. Our feeling is that they need to get with the times as far as food preparation and presentation. We would not return except for a group eventSpecial Features:
- Favorites listOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014We live in Bath so Clay Hill is a special occasion treat for us. We usually combine it with a matinee at the playhouse. We appreciate the beautiful setting. The fact that over many years the food has been consistently wonderful draws us back. The staff is very nice. We had fun with the valet and the pianist. Friends from Vermont joined us. I had wanted to share the experience with them for years. You certainly lived up to my expectations Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Clay Hill Farm was a delight from the moment we entered the ground. A parking attendant directed us to the door where we were greeted by a wonderful hostess. The wait staff were very attentive and the food was excellent. In all a delightful experience.Special Features:
- FoodiesFoodiesVIPDined on 9/10/2014Clay Hill Farm is a very beautiful restaurant. I had the lobster bisque and gnocchi and they were very good. My husband had the tomato soup special and the prime rib, which was good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingmauticeDined on 9/7/2014Been going to Maine for 30 plus years. Every year or two we venture up to Clay Hill. The ambiance is nice, a little old but nice and quiet and usually a good meal, not so this trip, apps were good but our meals were terrible. I had gnocchi that was tasteless, my wife had a prime rib that was thin and fatty, Ive had better(much) at the 99
- Special Dining at Clay Hilldinerlinda1Dined on 9/5/2014Our dinner was a gift at retirement and it was a wonderful way to celebrate. The food was exceptional. I had the lobster bisque, which was outstanding and the grouper dinner special and was very happy with it. It is a beautiful spot and very relaxing. Our waiter was responsive and the service was very good. If we are in the Ogunquit area again, we'd certainly make reservations at Clay Hill Farm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely settingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Away from the the crowds and traffic of Ogunquit, this quiet, woodsy location is wonderful to relax at. The Lobster Bisque is soooo good! Staff is very professional and many have been here for years, or so it seems. A party going on in the front "garden room" was rather noisy when we walked in and the piano being played was loud right there, but the dining room was quiet with the piano in the background. The food is very good and the prices are "special occasion" for us. Service is impeccable. The ambiance is smart casual, although I don't think there is a dress code, I hope anyone in beach attire feels out of place. It is too nice for that.Special Features:
- Personnal thoughtsAnniversarloversDined on 9/4/2014Ideal atmosphere for romantic dining or enjoying the presence of family and close friends. It was the most excellent location for our 50th Anniversary., Great dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014This is a real diamond find, great atmosphere. Excellent food and the waitstaff is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something specialCarolVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food, service, and quiet atmosphere for conversation. Enjoyed. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to 1975 !FoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Your grandmother will love this place. The bird sanctuary setting is lovely and a walk around the grounds proved charming, but that is where the ambiance ends. Step inside and back in time to a dining room where ownership has not spent a dime since Jimmy Carter was president. The place smells stale and moldy, furniture is worn and carpet thread bare. They double as a banquet hall and it shows. They use banquet chairs in the dining room, offer banquet service (efficient but not personal) and serve banquet food. Prime Rib was a re-heat from the day prior. Lamb chops were RAW and nothing was seasoned. Still looking for the chèvre salad they promise on the menu. This adventure was "one and done" for me and will be for many who know real food.
- Excellent RestaurantGrandpaDined on 8/27/2014We have been going to clay Hill Farm for more years than I care to count and love it as much today as then. It is a special location, beautiful gardens, quality service and consistently delicious dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Clay Hill Farm is a beautiful location. The food was disappointing. For the price, my expectations were much higher.Special Features:
- WonderfuldinayumDined on 8/23/2014Been to Clay Hill a few times and plan to go more even more. Everything is superb from service to food to surroundings. Very easy friendly to make reservations on line including special request.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014great place ! the drinks were amazing ! the prime rib was awesome. My husband had a steak, he didn't like it, overcooked and very thin. great watching the birds outside !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely atmosphereBubbejoDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience. Beautiful background music by a live piano player, not piped in music. Very friendly and accommodating waitstaff. Our first visit but it won't be our last. The meals were delicious according to all of us at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EileenEVIPDined on 8/19/2014The staff was enthusiastic to please us.They made some errors,like forgetting wine, and giving us the wrong vesgetable,but they apologized profusely.There were only 2 of us,but they gave us a table for 4 with 4 chairs. I frankly find that uncomfortable-particularly since there were plenty of other tables. It is awkward to sit at a half empty table.They just need to sharpen their skills a bit as we both like to go to that destination when we're in southern Maine.Special Features:
- Was looking for more.OnthetownDined on 8/18/2014Lost in time. Uninteresting menu. But the food was prepared well. Weak wine list.Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is a little tired. But overall a great spot with very good food.Special Features:
- not up to usual standardsbobbDined on 8/16/2014we have been going here for 12 years, this is the first time we were dissapointed. My salmon was not cooked in the middle, they took it back to the kitchen and cooked it more, it was then overdone, but not once during this exchange was there an apology issued. This was a special anniversary dinner which turned out to be not so special.Special Features: