Claudio's Restaurant & Piano Bar
3202 Marina Bay Dr. Suite M
League City, TX 77573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Claudio's Restaurant & Piano Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.claudiospianobar.com/
- Phone: 2819579262
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jose Galvan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Claudio's Restaurant & Piano Bar
Claudio's Restaurant and Piano Bar invites you to come join them for an unforgettable Italian dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Claudio's Restaurant & Piano Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (11)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Date night with friendsVVCGDined on 9/5/2014We really enjoy Claudio's. We have been going there for several years. The music is something we particularly enjoy. This time my food, which was a fish dish, was over cooked and not as tasty as in past visits. We will still go back to Claudio's as, overall, we always enjoy the scene.Special Features:
- Dinner with WifeElJefeDined on 8/28/2014Heard great things about Claudio's and the talk held up upon our visit. Could be a really romantic place with a great atmosphere. We went on the first night of College football/NFL preseason game on a Thursday and the place was pretty empty. The Piano Bar was really nice with appropriate songs and nice dance music. The only two negatives were; it was pretty empty in the establishment (my wife was reluctant to dance as the only couple at first, but we danced anyway. There were a few teens that were playing on the dance floor before the piano bar started at 7:30, the show hadn't started yet ... but took a slight bit away from the romantic feel. We will definitely make plans to attend again, but plan on attending on a Friday or Sat.Special Features:
- Greatmusic2FabulousfindDined on 8/24/2014This was my first experience in the restaurant. Fabulous environment for great adult entertainment. Ambiance, hats off to the chef because of the food presentations and wonderful unlimited mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and atmospherekevinhoustontxVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time here. I met an old friend for dinner. They had a table reserved for us but we decided to eat at the bar. Excellent service, food and live music.Special Features:
- Fresh Italian GoodMissyk00VIPDined on 8/22/2014This was a great find. I needed to carb load for a race while in the area and found Claudio's. I was very pleased with the freshness of the food. Particularly the shrimp and pasta was fantastic. Only complaint was my husband's meal was supposed to come with ravioli and they served it with some kind of potato salad. The waitress never even mentioned there was or might be a substitute. When we asked about it she said oh the chef just does what he wants. She didn't offer to bring out a side or to comp anything for this substitution. We were a bit disappointed not to try the ravioli since the other pasta was so fantastic. The sauce was flavorful as well. The focaccia bread was pretty good seemed fresh, we did have to ask for it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday Night DinnerChavelaDined on 8/20/2014Made table reservation, had to wait for hostess to finally come to the front entrance to check out our reservation. The table was near the dance floor and the music was great. Only had 2 waitresses waiting on tables & one of them was the hostess as well. Long wait for someone to take our order, wine, appetizers and entrees. Had to get up & ask if someone could come back to our table so we could order dessert, that also took another hour. My husband and I were wondering if they weren't that busy for a weekday is that why they only had 2 waitresses waiting on tables. The service was very poor!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotGalvdinerDined on 8/16/2014Perfect venue for dinner AND dancing, catering to mature adults. Plan to visit this spot often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bgjnhaDined on 8/8/2014My experience at Claudio's was not impressive from my classmate dinner a few weeks ago. I don't think that is surprise to Claudio's. However, I did like the ambience so I wanted to take my husband there for his birthday. There was not enough light to see the menu - this was at 7:30 p.m. However, most concerning was that my ravioli was room temperature, not even warm. I did not want to put a damper on what was supposed to be a romantic night so I said nothing. The food was definitely overpriced for the quality we received.Special Features:
- Great Italian!Dez47Dined on 7/4/2014Claudio's is terrific for yummy Italian food. Great live music from Crista and Abel; outstanding service, and of course, great Italian! Lucky to have caught a table for my large party of 7.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 6/29/2014Large group went to hear the band. Which was awesome but service was awful. Food was less than expected. Changed what you ordered without telling you first. First and last time going!!
- Food perfect, service not so much.CatADined on 6/21/2014We had a 7:15 res, we were sat immediately, table was on bar side-raised area. It was near a big party. First thought, uh oh, but we decided to stay there. The lighting was very dim and the menu was a difficult to read easily w/o moving it around. Our waitress was very polite but her overall service was slow. We ordered within next 5 minutes-salads and entrees. Salads came quickly so that was a plus because we both were starving. The food runner got our table and the big one mixed up and tried to sit our salads down there first, then our entrees took 45min to come. That is with no exaggeration. The food was great, the wait for it was not. We will still return there but hopefully the time quality will be better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BandbushDined on 6/21/2014the live music is great. Just the kind of music I like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprises, nice eveningJonLDined on 6/21/2014Friend recommended for my birthday celebration. Read reviews at both ends of the spectrum. Few choices in our area for piano bars so we made reservation. Dinner for 8, all enjoy good wines. The cool drink feature at the bar was cool. Good gimlet. Requested a table in the piano bar area and they accommodated us with no issues. Wine menu has several 'crowd pleasers'. Caymus 40 year anniversary cab was excellent. Dinner was very good. Sirloin special with medallions ordered medium rare and it was spot on. Veal and Chicken piccata very good. Ran out of homemade ravioli as on the menu and waiter would not substitute another pasta. strange. Performers were excellent & there was a LOT of dancing from a lot of people. Have a new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Claudio's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014Excellent dining experience. Timely and very friendly service. Highly recommended with its particularly enjoyable music. Been there several times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just retrying this place and WOW!JdejohnsonDined on 5/27/2014We dined here the week before to check it out before bringing a group and had some stellar pasta the week before. We were not disappointed at this visit with a larger party. Our server was cheerful and attentive. I had a pork chop that was absolutely delicious. Everyone else enjoyed their meal too. One friend is very picky about his food and he said his spaghetti was very good. Our only complaint was they were out of several of the recommended dishes on the menu. This was early in the week, so that may be why. Also, we were there during election night so the noise level was higher than anticipated because they were hosting a winning candidates after party but hey we got free champagne!Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Claudio's Restaurant & Piano Bar reviews archive.
- YummyAudraVIPDined on 5/17/2014We loved this place. They stay open late on weekends which is great, we didn't have dinner until 10pm, fantastic. Our waiter was fairly new and a little rough around the edges but he was so nice it was fine. The food was wonderful and the establishment is very cute, you won't be disappointed. The bar side was very fun and comfortable, no worries about the "meat market" atmosphere. This is a place you can just go and enjoy an evening out. We will certainly return. Oh, my husband had a NY strip, it was awesome, I had a salmon something with white wine sauce, yum!! We had a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and a couple of glasses of the house Malbec, it was all great.Special Features:
- Claudio's for a Great ExperienceGrishDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I visited Claudio's on our 33rd Anniversary. I had steak and my wife had the Tortellini. The steak was good. The Tortellini was outstanding. The staff were friendly. We also had the Tiramisu. You will like it all. However, the Italian dishes or truly superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMotochefDined on 3/19/2014Great job done by Claudio and staff. Our table of 6 felt special and the food was expertly done, especially the meatballs for a very important to go order! We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a fun placeVVCGDined on 3/14/2014We've been to Claudio's several times and have never been disappointed. From an intimate dinner with my spouse to going with the whole family, we've always been treated well and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and entertainmentdianerDined on 3/1/2014The food and entertainment was outstanding. The table for two was a little uncomfortable. The wine by the glass was inferior. We first tried the merlot. It was horrible. The pinot noir was a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Claudio's experienceZoot48Dined on 2/21/2014After reading the reviews we thought we were in for a nightmarish experience, we had a wonderful time , the food was good, the atmosphere was great ,the pricing was reasonable, the service could be "quicker". but for a night out for Dining and Dancing Claudio's is a wonderful place to go. Our first experience was a good one , we will be back. Gary D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dining, and hanging outRickDined on 2/16/2014Claudio's Piano Bar and Restaurant has great Italian food. Plus, they have live music and a dance floor almost every night of the week. The restaurant is divided into two sections: the restaurant side and the bar / live music side. You can have dinner on either side, or you can sit and have drinks on either side. The crowd is a little older, it is not a hangout for kids. It has an upscale vibe, so it is great to take a date regardless of age. They also have a strolling magician who works there on weekends, he is great. This is a great place to go have dinner, or to have drinks with friends.Special Features:
- Claudio'sDixonDined on 2/15/2014The food was cold, after waiting nearly 90 minutes for our meal, it arrived cold and very unappealing. The veggies were under cooked and the meat dishes were over cooked. The presentation was undesirable to say the least. We asked to speak to someone about it and the "manager" came over and argued with us on the issue. I will not be going back to Claudio's in League City and will be sure that I pass my experience on to anyone I hear of going to try the restaurant.
- Don't do it.endsymphonyDined on 2/15/2014We were seated shortly after we arrived, only waiting a few minutes; but for good reason. The table they gave us was no more than 2 feet long and wide, with plates and silverware almost touching. We mentioned the size of the table and were given laughter and nonchalant banter about its size - it's worth mentioning other couples were seated at tables that held four to six occupants. I was immediately put off the place by the table and lack of care. We stayed because she really had her heart set on Italian food and a piano bar. We then sat for a good 10-15minutes without acknowledgement. No wine list, no bread, not even a greeting from our waiter or waitress. That was enough. There was a great Brazilian steakhouse a few miles down the road.
- Could've been a 5 star night, but..KACleveDined on 2/14/2014I made the reservations thru Open Table & had no problems as stated by other reviewers. It was packed, so we realized the service may be slow even though it was 8:45 p.m. The service was excellent until the period of time between our soup & entree. We ended up waiting 45 minutes between soup & entree. But the ambiance & our mood kept us from causing a scene. We were not compensated for the inconvenience. From our reservation time (we were seated right at our reserved time) to the time we left was a total of 2 1/2 hours - and we took the desserts to go because we were tired of being there. But overall, it was a very good night. I guess a special occasion like Valentine's Day coupled with our good attitude gave us a more positive experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Dinnerfoodie2Dined on 2/14/2014Special limited Valentine menu was a surprise, but the food was very good and I would be interested in re-visiting to try their regular menu. The crab cake had a butter sauce that didn't overwhelm the crab and the lobster bisque was excellent....not too rich but very good. We both chose the filet mignon entrée that had a sauce with a bit of a kick...nice and cooked to order. The crème brulee fruit dessert looked rather flat but the tiramisu was tasty. Music and dancing is available and the music is not so loud that we couldn't carry on a conversation where we were sitting, but closer to the bar may have been a different story. Outdoor patio looked inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak we had was cookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2014The steak we had was cooked to perfection, entertainment excellent for a early sitting on a week night. It was my friends birthday and they gave us a complimentary slice of cake. We totally enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- What a find......A gemChuckDined on 1/18/2014We were in Clear Lake with a group from Louisiana for the weekend and wanted to break away for a couple's dinner. On short notice, we scoured the open table options in the area .Came up w Claudio's We went there and had a fantastic time. The restaurant is divided into two parts where on one side there is a well appointed dining room and the other has more dining tables , a bar and a dance floor... All with a very elegant Italian flair. The entertainment was spot on , and not too loud to preclude dinner talk. The food was traditional Italian flair that was excellent . The entire operation is a family production directed personally by Claudio. Did I mention the strolling magician??? We absolutely will return , with our friends!! ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner NightCLDinersDined on 1/18/2014as usual great food and service. Loved the music. We continue to try different items from the menu and love everything we have ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failure to communicatebushDined on 12/31/2013We had made reservation 2 weeks prior to New Years Eve. Our reservations were for 7:30. We arrived to find out that there were only 3 seatings available. 7,8,and 9pm. They did honor our reservation but we were forced to leave our table at 8:45 . I understand the problems of New Years Eve and in my ratings above I took that into consideration. However, the resturant should have commuicated with Open Table so that the website limited the reservations to the special conditions of New Years Eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation confusionpaulDined on 12/31/2013Since we made our reservation through Open Table and not through Claudio's, there was some confusion about our seating but it was worked out. We were never hurried but accommodated in a most gracious manner. I would recommend this little jewel to anyone wanting a romantic, lovely dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patpatioDined on 12/31/2013Food was good. We had a 6:30 pm reservation for five people when it wasn't real busy on New Year's Eve. With that said it was the worst service we have ever experienced at any restaurant. We eat out frequently! We had been to Claudio's before and expected better.Special Features:
- Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2013I am always afraid restaurants will just mail it on holidays but not the case with Claudio's. My parents were visiting from chicago so I was a little worried we were not going into houston. Everything was great, from apps (beef carpaccio, shrimp cocktail crab cakes) to entrees (shrimp pasta, salmon, snapper, pork chops). The tiramisu is a must for the table to share. We got ours to go but would have ordered two if we knew it would be that good. Overall the food might not be as good as da Marco but the service is much better and the atmosphere is different but more for families. It is also a piano bar so the music is audible but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise ...ZeViDined on 11/9/2013We got early for our reservation (they open at 5pm) but everybody got up to speed as soon as we walked in. We were not in a hurry that's why we went to the bar. Got our drinks to perfection and, you know what? Instead of going to our table we decided to stay at the bar, we had our dinner there and couldn't be better. Thank you for the awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting betterFoodieDined on 11/8/2013Restaurant is vastly improved from the previous ownership. Need to ensure that the quality of food is maintained and is freshly made and served hot, we will return.Special Features:
- Good food. Service, well...joshuaeDined on 11/2/2013Nice atmosphere and this restaurant is open, contrary to what Yelp says. Home made pasta was great and the piano players did a good job as well. Service was terrible though. Terri seemed stretched from 1 side of the restaurant to the other. I had to go to the bar twice to order cocktails and we had to flag down other wait staff to help us. We will most likely try this restaurant again as the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New FindembpearlandDined on 9/28/2013Picked a new place for our 1st year anniversary and WOW what a great experience! Claudio's is a Bar and Restaurant but the noise level on the restaurant side was low enough to carry on conversation but could still enjoy the music. Server was very friendly - as were ALL the employees and owner - and helpful. No problems substituting sauce on the pastas. Food was GREAT! This place is defiantly on our top 10 list. Thanks to the band for singing Happy Anniversary AND Happy Birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.