Clarke's Restaurant Bar
455 2nd St
Lake Oswego, OR 97034Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Clarke's Restaurant Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://clarkesrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 5036362667
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Th 5:00pm-8:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Northwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Clarke
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: CLARKE"S has three private dining rooms that can be used individually or in combination for up to 75 people. Each room is ADA accessible. Please contact us for group dining information at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Laurie or Jonathan Clarke 5036362667
A word from Clarke's Restaurant Bar
A "neighborhood gem" in Lake Oswego, this "excellent" New American is beloved by locals for its upmarket cuisine (think lobster risotto and free-range chicken) offered with Pacific NW wines at a "good price"; quality service and setting qualify it as one of "the best" in the area - ZAGATContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Clarke's Restaurant Bar - Best Restaurants in Lake Oswego ›
Clarke's Restaurant Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (10)romantic (8)notable wine list (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- insearchofgreatfoodDined on 10/17/2014Clarke's is a neighborhood restaurant that has good food and good service. The food is somewhat traditional but uses fresh, high quality ingredients It is a fine-dining experience at about $40 to $50 per person with an inexpensive bottle of wine. The wine list was excellent with some of the lowest mark-ups on bottles that I have ever seen. We had a bottle of Cotes du Rhone, for example, that was around $25 and was very good.Special Features:
- Highly satisfying and pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Outstanding food, cheerfully served in split orders(My husband and I generally eat half portions and find them just right). Service polished, helpful but not disruptive with constant queries. The king salmon was interestingly spiced and cooked as we like it. Bottle price for wine very reasonable. Overall too expensive for frequent visits but well worth it for occasional use. We would definitely recommend Clark's to anyone who appreciates a classy but very comfortable atmosphere along with the excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedSkippyDined on 9/12/2014To begin with, everyone there was nice so it is hard to give a low rating for service. However it took forever to order and it took even longer to get our meal. The same applied for every table around us. That being said, the salmon was dry and the risotto was just okay. The Ceasar Salad was nicely done though. In the end we determined that we wouldn't go back, especially when you consider the cost. There are better options out there.
- Great Local RestaurantFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We enjoy this restaurant for special occasions and on theater nights. It is located very close to the Lakewood Theater. Great food, service and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SALTYfoodieDined on 8/21/2014I think the chef should taste his food before sending it out. He likes SALT!! 3 of the 4 dishes we could even get through them. Had to RUN for ice cream…..Across the street….
- MediocreBurbsdinerDined on 8/16/2014Large dinner party and booked through open table and requested prvate space if available, they assessed a room fee even though the restaurant was empty and said they had tried to call to confirm that a fee was ok although never rec'd a call. Announcement was made in front of entire dinner party of "there is an added fee for the private room" which was rather embarrasing as a host, I would have objected to an additional fee particularly since the restaurant was empty but did not want to embarrass myself or my guests.
- ExcellentPalsDined on 8/15/2014The food is wonderful, always. The service is excellent and the ambience great. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Clarke's is a restaurant to love. The food is great - professionally prepared, plated and served. Deserts are scrumptious. My favorite in LO.I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodrickVIPDined on 7/12/2014We eat here a few times a year ever since they opened years ago and have always had good to excellent food. The menu is not large but we always find a few things we really like. The wine list is reasonably priced. Not sure why it isn't more crowded; maybe because it is a bit off the street and tends to be quiet. It remains one of the best Lake Oswego restaurants despite increasing competition.Special Features:
- Lobster risotto <3FoodyourlifedependsonitDined on 6/27/2014This is the 2nd time I've dined at Clarke's and I again chose the Lobster risotto. It did not disappoint. I also had their caesar salad and it was equally tasty. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant in Lake OswegoKascadeKatDined on 6/25/2014Our entire meal from start to finish was excellent!Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the Clarke's Restaurant Bar reviews archive.
- Great food and servicecades52Dined on 6/14/2014Having not dined at Clarke's in quite some time I was delighted to experience the same high quality food that I had remembered. The service was top notch. We dined at the restaurant during an evening when there was a competing community function, so consequently the restaurant was extremely quiet. I highly recommend Clarke's if you are looking for high quality food and wine, with a mid-priced menu.Special Features:
- Consistently goodizzyDined on 6/10/2014Always a good experience here, although on a Tuesday night we were the only people in the place. That was a little strange, but service was great, and food as always was top notch. Follow us on twitter for more reviews: @foodandcork
- Good overall experienceJeffDined on 6/7/2014The lobster / shrimp risotto was the best I've had. This certainly made for a great food experience. There were 6 people at our table and when we ordered drinks there was a little confusion about vodkas, and when she brought the drinks out she gave us the wrong drink, but we sorted it out. It's a little bit of a pet peeve when someone doesn't take notes and tries to remember everyone's order. That being said, the food and atmosphere was excellent and I will be going again.Special Features:
- Always great experience.RmsrvceDined on 6/7/2014We have been to clarkes many times and it never disappoints. The food is always fresh, well-prepared and delicious. We highly recommend Clarkes for everything from burgers to risotto. Always greatSpecial Features:
- Very quiet, food was blandJNOWDined on 6/5/2014I really wanted to like Clarks. Our server was so nice and eager to please. The appetizer was good (Melting Camembert Fritters). Our dinners were just not great. The risotto with the Shrimp and Lobster Risotto was undercooked (but there was so much seafood included so if cooked right worth the money). My husband's duck was bland. Desserts were good. Also they did a fun Pinot flight but one of the samples was corked and had to be sent back.
- A wonderful meal.downhomeguyDined on 5/30/2014We were headed to the theater and decided to use the coupon that Clarke's provides to season ticket holders. We had a wonderful meal. I had the shrimp and lobster risotto and my friend had the salmon. They were both excellent paired with a choice of pinot gris and chardonnay we made excellent choices. Service was very good. A great choice for dinner in downtown Lake Oswego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent first experienceSmdeDined on 5/22/2014Great food, nice wine list and fantastic service. The place is very cozy as well. The My Maine lobster and shrimp risotto is their specialty, it's amazing! First time here and I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clarke'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014as always the food was excellent. my wife loves the table olive bread, works well for me as I can remove mine and share with her We usually do happy hour here, great, changing menu with a perfectly done burger and truffle fries always "on", so a full dinner is a nice treat Certainly not the fault of the restaurant, but with only 3 tables filled (we were early) the threesome next to us spent the entire time discussing the one ladies' partner who had just gone thru a very lingering, painful death.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed EleganceLAX2pdxDined on 5/10/2014The food is of the highest quality and prepared without pretense. We sat at the bar on a Saturday for an early dinner and ordered burgers, truffled fries and red wine. All were exactly right and delicious. I especially like the way Clarke's has created several sophisticated "rooms" rather than one large cavernous space. And yet, the atmosphere felt airy and open. I highly recommend Clarke's for both an intimate dinner and a larger special occasion party. Can't wait to go back to try items on the dinner menu!Special Features:
- Excellent food & service - crampedNewtVIPDined on 5/10/2014Food and service were outstanding Seating is a bit cramped and it's a bit noisy with other tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatFoodieDined on 5/9/2014We enjoy going to Clarke's for dinner before theater. Good food and service. We have been regulars for several years and don't plan to stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discriminodineVIPDined on 4/23/2014Extremely enjoyable and relaxed; service was reliable and welcoming; the shrimp and lobster risotto was excellent as was the swordfish and the flourless chocolate cake for dessert was quite good as well; the wines were 25% off on Wednesday and quite good as wellSpecial Features:
- A NuggetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014I loved celebrating my birthday with dinner at Clarke's! Had never been there before but will definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRvanVIPDined on 4/19/2014We have never been disappointed with a meal at Clarke's. Food is interesting, beautifully executed and delicious! The service is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceenthusiastic2shareDined on 4/16/2014Clarke's has been a long time special occasion experience for us. The food is excellent, beautifully presented and always exhibits certain creativity. Among the most favorites are the Caesar Salad (the best ever) and the Lobster Risotto. The dessert menu as it changes periodically is delightful. We highly recommend Clarke's for an evening of pure pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little slowEOAmericaDined on 4/10/2014No fault to be found, but as things transpired, everything was just a little slow--so we ended up unable to get to our play. We kicked back and just decided to relax and enjoy some suddenly free time. A wonderful evening--we were totally coddled. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, as always!HollisFamilyDined on 3/8/2014Clarke's is a go-to restaurant for our family for special occassions including birthdays and anniversaries. Their food is alway delicious (especially the risotto!) and the service is top rate. We drive all the way from Troutdale just to dine here and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clarke's is always greatRvanVIPDined on 2/22/2014Delicious food, always beautifully prepared, Interesting dishes and great service!Special Features:
- Good Things in a Small PackageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Some of the best things in life come in small packages. Clarke's is one of these things. A menu that is to the point, everything I've tried on it tastes great. Atmosphere is relaxed and staff is a pleasure. Highly recommended hideaway of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real good but not GREAT....WanttobewowedDined on 2/14/2014We love the atmosphere, the attention from the wait staff and the food. While the food was good, since we know how to make this at home, we would rather have more of an adventure with our food. We like to try new sauces, new tastes, new ways to do things. I would say that our first 2 times here were pretty good (with the first time being Real good), but honestly, do something you can't do at home. My honey had a reduction sauce on his plate with his steak but it was a very small pool and he would have rather had it all over the steak. The gratin potatoes could have used a bit of sauce on top. We loved the choc torte at the end though. Well done on that! We will be going elsewhere. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentToddDined on 2/1/2014The service was great and the food is excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/28/2014Food is exceptional and service is also. The restaurant is warm with nice decore and is the perfect special occasion place as well as for a regular evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm atmosphere, delicious food!PDXfoodieDined on 1/10/2014My spouse and I had a great experience at Clarke's. We came in for happy hour and enjoyed ourselves quite a bit. The chef clearly pays attention to detail - the food is creative and very mouth-watering (the burger was lean and tasty, the quiche melts in your mouth!). The staff are friendly and the service is top notch. You can tell they have a lot of regulars and everyone who was there seemed to enjoy themselves. We'll be back to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingRvanVIPDined on 12/24/2013Our Christmas Eve dinner was one of the best we have ever had. Chef Jonathan always does an outstanding job but the sauce on the steak this evening took it to another level. We are never disappointed atvClarke's . The staff is wonderful and the food is always interesting and delicious.Special Features:
- Great spot to dine with friendsBromjessDined on 12/23/2013Great environment for a night out with 2 friends. Quiet atmosphere...but not too quiet that we felt overheard by other tables or a bother to other diners with our conversation and laughter. The bar serves nicely mixed drinks. The wine list is small, but well selected. Our group of 4 diners is picky, but we all found something on the menu we liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodShanBuDined on 12/21/2013Clarke's always delivers great food a wine. Best risotto around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dining experience.annieturnerDined on 12/11/2013Wonderful food, all prepared with such flair and deicious favour. Service excellant. Cosy atmosphere and pleasing decor.Special Features:
- Server lacked experience andvandyVIPDined on 11/30/2013Server lacked experience and skill. She forgot to mention a special. Food is loaded with too much salt!!!! It's very tasty, though the natural taste of the food is hidden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant comfortCrowurksDined on 11/27/2013Clarke's has great food, a wonderful wine list, not too many choices but always delicious, and well-prepared.Special Features: