Clark Street Grill - The Westin St. Louis
811 Spruce St.
Saint Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Clark Street Grill - The Westin St. Louis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.clarkstreetgrill.com/
- Phone: 3145525850x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Josh Wedel
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area
A word from Clark Street Grill - The Westin St. Louis
Located on the first floor of The Westin St. Louis, Clark Street Grill is a modern restaurant with a unique warehouse theme, celebrating the history of this landmark building. Josh Wedel, our Executive Chef and his team put on a culinary performance in our interactive display kitchen, transforming your favorite dishes into a new and exciting American style. Each dish is prepared with a uniquely interesting and unexpected flair with a contemporary twist on classical American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Clark Street Grill - The Westin St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Food and AtmospherePESmithDined on 8/16/2014I went to Clark Street Grill on whim with my girlfriend. We looked at the menu online and she had a craving for scallops. So we booked a reservation and went. The restuarant is very nice and it was quiet. The server was very friendly and knowledgable, and the food was amazing. I'm not even a desert person, but it took was incredible. They how a lemon serbert that was made in house with my desert and it was to die for. I highly recommend Clark Street grill. In addition the drinks was strong but not overpowering, just the way I like it.Special Features:
- Unjustifiable ConfidenceBrandonDined on 8/15/2014The service was good...nothing first rate, but completely acceptable. The lighting was too bright, but the temperature was nice. The food though...yikes! If this were my restaurant, I would be embarrassed by the food. The presentation lacked inspiration. The flavors were very simple and one dimensional. Most people can do better at home. The desserts were very good. I think this is a place one should visit out of convenience, but never for an exceptional culinary experience.
- Restaurant WeekNeighborhoodLalaDined on 8/15/2014I've been to this restaurant twice (different years) during the downtown restaurant week. The food was great and service was fine. I like the menu options and that's why I chose it each time. There was no one up front to greet or seat me right away. However, his attitude was so great, it exuded customer service. I quickly realized they were short staffed, which was not his fault. Also, they had limited menus printed, which was annoying. They should have set the expectation by providing one or two per table instead of giving each person a menu, then asking if we were done before ordering. I still give it 4 stars for the food and service overall. Good attitudes go a long way with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Clark Street Grill - The Westin St. Louis reviews archive.
- From Great to PoordivermkDined on 5/11/2014We have been coming down to the Westin for over 6 years for Mothers Day and Fathers day brunch. It has been our favorite place to go for years. What had been a great small buffett is now less than ordinary. We are now looking for a new place to go for brunch. You moved the buffett off the bar and into a litte corner (mistake). You have 1/2 the food choices, no pancakes and an upcharge for the omlets. The patatoes were dry and hard, the fresh fruit choices were no where near what they use to be. The french toast was dry, the pastries were terrible (and I mean terrible), the sausage was over cooked, no bacon and we had to wait 10 minutes for them to bring out fresh eggs. Even my teenage kids commented on the changes.
- Little attention paidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2013We visited the restaurant on 12/23 at about 5:45 PM. After making a reservation on opentable for 6PM, we waited at the front desk for 10 minutes before being greeted by someone who told us the restaurant side was closed due to low hotel occupancy - but they'd be serving full dinner on the bar/lounge side. Fine, I can live with that. Before being handed our menus, three other tables were waited on/brought drinks. Our drinks took 10 minutes to bring to us, and I had to ask for the server to come back to take our dinner order. The shrimp ravioli was uninspired, tasted like quick-thawed shrimp had been tossed in with a can of chef boyardee. My wife's pasta dish with chicken and cream sauce was very tasty.
- I had the hamberger...loved it:)bennieDined on 11/19/2013Server recommended having honey mustard with the sweet potatoes fries....LOVED IT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here during a recentRouxsmomDined on 8/25/2013We ate here during a recent trip because we were tired and didn't feel like going out. While this is not a five star restaurant, we didn't expect it to be, it was actually very good for a hotel restaurant. I had the scallops and while there were only 3 they were perfectly cooked, not overcooked. Sautéed spinach as side dish was also very good. The staff was very friendly and service was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; slow serviceDonnaDined on 8/25/2013They give you a lot of food, and it was very good. Only one waitress for lunch in the entire restaurant was not a good idea - ESPECIALLY on a Cardinals ball game Sunday.Special Features:
- Great DinnerKartDined on 8/24/2013They had a great selection of food and the food was very good. Everyone in my party liked the food. The service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impression not good!JD15Dined on 8/21/2013This is the fifth year our group of six has participated in Restaurant Week. Of the five restaurants, this was the least favorite! I personally waited 15 min longer for my entree than the rest of my group. Once I received my scallops, they were hacked up, the sauce was left off and the plate was not consistent with the same dish that someone in our party had! The server took the plate and I waited another 15 min for my dinner, I was offered a beer for this inconvenience. Excessive time between courses on a not so busy night and a 20 min wait to get our checks along with a forced gratuity that was not deserved!Special Features:
- Very tastyKinnonDined on 8/21/2013We were there for the St Louis Restaurant Event (prix fixé for a three course meal). The salads were fantastic, the main course was delicious and the desserts may have added pounds, but were more than worth it. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Yummy food!TamaleDined on 8/21/2013Food was delish! Unfortunately, the food expediter had no idea what he was doing and gave 1 at our table someone else's food. So the others watched while that person ate. The management apologized and took 50% off our bill. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Frozen food, slow servicedbenfieldVIPDined on 8/2/2013Expecting fresh, quality food and good service, we were very disappointed in our experience at Clark Street Grill. The arancini was sent back because it was frozen in the center (these aren't hard to make fresh!), the cheese plate had no bread/crackers/jams/etc... just cheese. One of the drinks from the bar tasted medicinal, and the rest of the food was just meh. The service was super slow (we were 2 of 7 total diners on a Friday night at 7pm!), and after sending two items back, we were gifted a dessert, but it was cloyingly sweet. I'd stay away from this one.
- all purpose diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/22/2013There is something for everyone. Across from Busch Stadium it's perfect for pre or post game.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent!TroubleDined on 6/7/2013We had our kids with us and they were very accommodating! We also ate breakfast here and it was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013The food was excellent and the serving staff was top notch. I had an issue with a coupon, but the hostess and house manager were able to resolve it quickly.Special Features:
- The Ultimate Breakfast BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013The Ultimate Breakfast Buffet was the perfect choice for my birthday brunch. We especially enjoyed the sausage cooked to perfection and the home style potatoes with green and yellow peppers. WOW, what an overall pleasant dinning experience with such an expectational staff at The Clark Street Grill.Special Features:
- even though the restaurantjhenchDined on 3/20/2013even though the restaurant was very quiet the waiter and manager put on a wonderful show to keep us entertained. has had a handsome interior upgrade which makes a spectacular modern look even better. food was matched by a beautiful presentation. will go back soon. minor glitch: table was set up for breakfast and the catsup and jam tray remained, as well as empty glasses from our use.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013Enjoyed Clark Street Grill immensely! We were actually the only couple dining in the restaurant at the time although there were people in the bar area. Attentive yet not overbearing wait staff made sure we had everything we needed. Excellent meal and beautiful presentation. Nice choices on the wine menu with selections available for 6 or 9 oz glass options.Special Features: