Claire's at the Depot
65 S. 3rd Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Claire's at the Depot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clairesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (540) 351-1616
- Hours of Operation:
Parties 5 or more or special requests please call for reservations.
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claire Lamborne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Claire"s full service catering will make your next event truly special – from an elegant wedding - to an important business affair - to a company picnic of two thousand. Claire's offers a variety of fabulous foods to suit your taste and budget. Our menus are inspired by the seasons. We support local farmers whenever possible and are happy to accommodate vegetarian requests.
- Entertainment: For Special Events.
A word from Claire's at the Depot
In a casual yet elegant atmosphere, set in a recently remodelled century old historic train station, Claire's passion is great food and outstanding service. Offering contemporary American cuisine - local, seasonally focused - with a Southern flaire. The renovation honors the historic character of the Warrenton Train Depot, resulting in a warm, comfortable environment for casual meetings with friends, or special occasions and intimate family meals. The warm, elegant Garden Room provides seating for intimate meals, while the Tavern Room features a more casual dining experience in luxurious surroundings. A rotating selection of craft beers is available on tap, and the wine service is regularly expanded. Outdoor dining is available in season, and private events can be hosted in one of several areas in the restaurant. Awarded "Best of Warrenton" every year since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Claire's at the Depot - Best Restaurants in Warrenton ›
Claire's at the Depot reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (80)romantic (74)great for lunch (55)great for outdoor dining (52)great for brunch (41)good for groups (38)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Beautiful RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 11/21/2014We love coming out to Claires. Food and service are excellent. Definitely worth the drive from Ashburn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restauranttvllvrDined on 11/15/2014We take out of town guest here for dinner and it never disappoints!! The menu is varied and the food and service are great. We especially love the calamari appetizer. Wonderful atmosphere, as the restaurant is inside the old railroad station. Ask to sit by the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always at the top of their game!LarryDined on 11/8/2014Anytime I've dined there, the food, service and the ambiance has enhanced the occasion. I highly recommend this great little gem in Warrenton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably excellentCbuoyDined on 11/7/2014Three for three: Consistently excellent seafood, attentive service, nice quiet table by the fire. Habit forming...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for RomanceAnniversaryDined on 11/6/2014The first time we went to Claire's, it was very romantic. What one would expect from a fine dinning establishment. This recent experience was VERY disappointing. There were only two couples dinning in the restaurant. My wife and I celebrating our 10th anniversary, and one other. We were seated next to the other couple, with the remaining restaurant, empty. The bar had a few people and due to the noise from the bar, and with us seated in direct line of sight and hearing, it was very hard to carry on a conversation in the dinning room. The food was not great either. The fish my wife had seemed undercooked and later she didn't feel well and my prime rib was tough. This is not what we expected for our 10th anniversary and will not be returning.
- jane4dilakeannaDined on 11/1/2014Love this place. Found it on the web because we were in the area. Food was awesome. Grey Ghost Reserve Chardonnay was exceptional. Looking forward to a return visit. She crab soup was the best we have ever tasted.Special Features:
- Beautiful place with good foodFarmgirlDined on 10/30/2014Restored train depot makes a great setting for a restaurant. The dining rooms are beautiful and the service is great. We had oysters on the half shell and she-crab soup for appetizers and they were outstanding, along with warm bread rolls. Main courses were just okay. Ordering the chicken curry reinforced my belief that if you like curry, don't order it anyplace but an Indian restaurant. The curry here was bland and had the taste of bottled curry powder rather than fresh spices. My husband ordered roast duck and it was moist and tender inside. Overall, we enjoyed our meals, primarily because it is a beautiful place and the server was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently SuperbMickalexDined on 10/23/2014We have dined at Claire's on several occasions and each visit has been a special pleasure. It begins with the greeting and continues with the serving staff and of course the food, which has never been anything less than superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedFoodLuvingGuyDined on 10/22/2014First time there and we were very pleased. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. I was surprised at the reasonableness of the prices as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful timeHappyDined on 10/22/2014Everything was very nice.We where greeted with a Happy Anniversary and everyone that served us expressed congratulations. We both had the Claire’s Famous She Crab Soup amazing. I had the Blackened Sea Scallops thy where a little salty but the grits where out of this world.My husband had the filet mignon.this is something I don't understand the menu said it came with whipped potato's and root vegetables his showed up with french fries.He ate it and he is one that never complains but I know he was disappointed.He really like the wine we had the Paul Hobbs, Felino Cobos 2012, Argentina.He knows the wine from there very well.being raised there.Special Features:
- Bonus BrunchMimiDined on 10/19/2014Food was great and portions were reasonable. Love the ambience. Too noisy when full.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningd8nitesDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at Claire's beginning with cocktails and good red wine. We sat inside, considering it too chilly to sit on the inviting terrace. My husband and son ordered the rib-eye while I had a salad of fresh greens and a small plate. All were well-prepared. My husband left his credit card in the bill folder, and we were relieved when we called and were told it was safely in the bank and ready for us to pick up.Special Features:
- Claire's always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014We go to Claire's frequently, and we're always guaranteed to have great food and great service. Claire doesn't disappoint, and her seasonal changes to the menu give enough variety to the most frequent visitor.Special Features:
- A great small town restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful ambiance, great service, delicious food. Not your normal brunch spot, with such things as ahi tuna won ton, but all good food nonetheless. One of our favorite spots to enjoy for brunch, lunch, dinner, or an afternoon happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the place for Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014The wait staff is outstanding when it comes to service. If you have an opportunity ask for Kerby as a waitress. Her service is excellent. The food is an outstanding value for the price. They also offer a great drink called poinsettia which is champagne and cranberry juice with a fresh strawberry. The owner, who is Claire, is actually there on Sundays and takes the time to meet and great diners and ask them about the quality of their experience. It is just a quaint restaurant that was built in a remodeled train station in downtown Warrenton VA. It is a great place to visit and eat on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Claire's: A gem!food4thoughtDined on 10/11/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted by great staff and that did not stop until we finished our meal and left. The food was amazing and we will go back to Claire's again and again. It is so nice to find a place like Claire's that truly understands how to create a wonderful dining experience- well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 4fancyfeetDined on 10/11/2014First time in Warrenton. Had 6p.m. reservations and were seated immediately. Ordered 2 beet salads...one with chicken and one with salmon, the double pork chop entree and the lighter fare steak frites. All were delicious and very filling in their own right. Fast service, perfect temperature for the food, yumminess all around. Did not drink wine since we had been wine tasting all day. Really nice place. So glad we went!Special Features:
- Good food -- better dessert!poucfiDined on 10/10/2014Found Claire's through TripAdvisor on a first visit to the area. Food nicely prepared and presented. The dessert (their bread pudding) is a show stopper! Service overall was good though the bartender was severely outnumbered between regulars and a couple of us trying to get his attention. Fortunately, the wait wasn't long (it was a Friday evening) for our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the foodDavenJeanDined on 10/8/2014We ave eaten all over the world, and the food here is always special. None betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionRetireN16Dined on 10/5/2014We celebrated at Claire's last year for a friend anniversary. This year we decided to celebrate our with friends. It was great both times. My only regret is that they are 50 miles away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try it out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Claire's at the Depot in Warrenton is a hidden slice of the high life. I've been there numerous times and each time I visit, I'm more impressed than the last time I went. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly, and charm of the restaurant only adds to the experience. Visitors to Warrenton will be hooked once they try it out. If you have a group of 3 or more, I would suggest making a reservation. Couples can generally walk in.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant!Oh2dineoutDined on 10/2/2014We visited Claire's on a Thursday evening and were charmed as soon as we drove up. The restaurant is located in a historical, brick train station. We dined on the lovely patio with the views of a garden and a line of beautiful arched doors. The food was delicious and upscale with an emphasis on locally grown produce. They even have their own kitchen garden. The service was attentive. Since the evening was turning cool the gentleman who greeted us at the door came out to offer an inside table if we got too cool and after dinner drinks at the bar. The bar seemed to be occupied by locals enjoying a Thursday evening. If we find ourselves in Warrenton again we will be there. Worth venturing off of Main Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We had a reservation for 1:15pm, so we were a little late in the day for brunch. The she-crab soup is AMAZING!! My butternut risotto was good, but not as savory & delicious as the soup I had just tasted. We'll be back, but we'll give lunch or dinner a try next time. Pretty place, & nice staff!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!SeptemberVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a really special brunch at Claire's - featuring the world's largest quiche. Also the best orange-cranberry scones ever. The atmosphere was wonderful (3 scenic seating options), parking was a breeze and the service was impeccable. We'll be looking for future reasons to travel thru downtown Warrenton.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always enjoy dinners at Clares. Quite a hike for us from Ashburn but well worth the trip. Food is excellent and service is friendly and spot on. We had salmon and steak frites entrees and both were prepared perfectly. Even saved room for their blueberry tart and gelato. Perfect ending to a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddiiningDined on 9/27/2014Overall, dining here for lunch was an enjoyable experience --Special Features:
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerKevinDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, service, and experience. Claire always knows how to mix the less than ordinary with classic choices on her brief but diverse menu of culinary delights. One of our favorite places to go for a special occasion. If you are into fine meals, in a comfortable classy Virginia country setting, you will love Claire's at the Depot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Claire's provide a special setting for two friends meeting for dinner. The menu had something for everyone. One person selected from the Lighter Menu and the other from the regular menu. Both dinners were delicious. Our wine was featured from a local winery--Pearmund. Very good. Service was excellent. Setting very comfortable. We had a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- SammyDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was delicious, the wait-staff very friendly and the outdoor seating was clean and pretty.Special Features:
- Very Nice BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We had Sunday brunch and sat outside. Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- wonderfulluciapDined on 9/19/2014This was the first time in years that we have been to Claire's. The food was spectacular, the seating, and the inside were gorgeous! The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was our server. She seemed overly busy, and didn't quite pay attentions to details. Our drinks took forever to come out to us, but our food made it out to our table in a timely manner. Her head always just seemed somewhere else. I guess she had other tables to worry about as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- JackDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. Well prepared. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousVickifromVAVIPDined on 9/17/2014Claire's is always a great meal with great service. You can't go wrong here. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leighVIPDined on 9/16/2014Claire's never disappoints! Food is fabulous! Great place for special occasions or just a nice dinner for a couple, a family or group of friends!!!Special Features:
- small flawmickgeneDined on 9/16/2014Great svc. Fine ambience. Great appetizer(oysters). Crab cakes with fried green tomatoes - Excellent. Mixed grill great except for sirloin - cooked per preference( med rare) - but dry and a trifle tough - the sauce was its salvation despite being skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing service a surprisequeenieDined on 9/14/2014Unusual to have poor service at Claire's.. was wondering if some of the staff was missing?
- A GEMBeachbumDined on 9/13/2014Tucked away in the little town of Warrenton, at the old train depot with relics of the past parked silently on the tracks; this restaurant occupies the old station platform. It has been elegantly decorated, presents an ambiance that lies somewhere between formal and casual and offers a diverse menu and excellent service. The owner, Claire, is present, personable and engaging. When the weather is pleasant, the outside patio, canopied with trees in a beautiful garden is available.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsrictroastDined on 9/13/2014We went with another couple. This was our third trip and their first. We were greeted and given our table promptly. The wait staff was punctual and well trained. The food specials were explained and we all made our selections. Desert and coffee finished our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Vacation FineMandarinDined on 9/10/2014We found this little gem somewhat by accident when we found ourselves near Warrenton. It was an excellent find. The menu is interesting and diverse, the food very well prepared and the kitchen very accommodating to food allergies and intolerances. Try it for yourself if you are nearby, I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Have eaten there for lunch many times, but dinner was very expensive , didn't realize glass of wine was $14.00 so we ordered 2 and were shocked to see the total for $28.00 for 2 glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.