Claire's at the Depot
65 S. 3rd Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Claire's at the Depot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clairesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5403511616
- Hours of Operation:
Parties 5 or more or special requests please call for reservations.
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claire Lamborne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Claire"s full service catering will make your next event truly special – from an elegant wedding - to an important business affair - to a company picnic of two thousand. Claire's offers a variety of fabulous foods to suit your taste and budget. Our menus are inspired by the seasons. We support local farmers whenever possible and are happy to accommodate vegetarian requests.
- Entertainment: For Special Events.
A word from Claire's at the Depot
In a casual yet elegant atmosphere, set in a recently remodelled century old historic train station, Claire's passion is great food and outstanding service. Offering contemporary American cuisine - local, seasonally focused - with a Southern flaire. The renovation honors the historic character of the Warrenton Train Depot, resulting in a warm, comfortable environment for casual meetings with friends, or special occasions and intimate family meals. The warm, elegant Garden Room provides seating for intimate meals, while the Tavern Room features a more casual dining experience in luxurious surroundings. A rotating selection of craft beers is available on tap, and the wine service is regularly expanded. Outdoor dining is available in season, and private events can be hosted in one of several areas in the restaurant. Awarded "Best of Warrenton" every year since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Claire's at the Depot - Best Restaurants in Warrenton ›
Claire's at the Depot reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (68)great for outdoor dining (68)romantic (65)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (60)great for brunch (55)good for groups (33)scenic view (26)notable wine list (13)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I had previously been there for lunch and decided to try it out for a major birthday event with family and friends. It was definitely a great choice since it was a very enjoyable evening and all the meal choices were equally awesome.Special Features:
- LUNCH TIME VISITkaceeDined on 8/22/2014Reservations at 1pm, party of 3. 2 arrived early, were seated and ordered appetizers which came just as I arrived at 1. Waitress efficient, observant. A little late on refills for drinks (water). Appetizer was seared ahi tuna on tortilla chip with an interesting sauce. Entrée selection sufficient for lunch and prices were quite acceptable for the location and ambiance. Although seated fairly close to other diners, the noise level was still acceptable. Definitely recommend sitting near the garden/outside seating area to enjoy the scenery.Special Features:
- Must for local and visiting foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We regret taking so long to return to this favorite from many years ago. The charm we remember is still there, but with renewed vibrancy. The setting is still beautiful. The menu is concise, yet varied. The art of presentation is not overlooked; the food is delicious even before tasting. The staff is welcoming and helpful. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Informed staff when I made the reservation and they were right on top of it when we arrived. Wait staff was excellent with the exception that I felt like our waiter waited slightly too long before checking on us each time. Food was outstanding. I believe I had the best porterhouse steak that I have ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of porterhouse steaks!!Special Features:
- Warrenton, VirginiaMaryVIPDined on 8/17/2014Consistently warm and welcoming restaurant in the charming town of Warrenton, Virginia. Most recent visit was with my parents. We met my brother and his daughter for Sunday brunch. I made the open table reservation for 4 and when my brother asked if he could add one more I wasn't able to change it on OT. No problem. Called Claire's and then set me up. Message on my phone . . the more the merrier! Lovely. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- 123456VIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best restaurants in Virginia. Chef used to be at Kinkade's in D.C. He is an excellent chef and the pastry chef is very good as well. The restaurant is very well designed and quiet so that you are able to talk to your dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First ExperienceStayathomeDadDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had our first night out without kids in over a year. We found Claire's and based on the reviews decided to give it a try. It exceeded out expectations. The atmosphere is casual elegance and the food is excellent in every way; presentation, timeliness and taste. We had the Asian beef wraps as an appetizer, followed by Crab Cakes and Cod dish while my wife had the Summer Risotto.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014Went here on my wife's birthday. Food was better than I remembered last time and everyone enjoyed dinner very much.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Brunch at Claire's at the Depot offered a varied menu and great food. Would definitely return to Claire's the next time we're in Warrenton.Special Features:
- the PERFECT place to eat!RunnerTeeDined on 7/26/2014We've been going to Claire's for years and it's one of our favorite hot spot dining places. The food NEVER disappoints, the inside and outside ambience is great, the wait staff friendly and we drive over an hour to just get there! I don't eat meat, yet can always find something yummy on the menu in seafood or vegetarian fare. Just a perfect place to eat!!Special Features:
- jumpinjackVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice restaurant,where you can hear yourself talk. wine are a bit pricey Nice restaurant where you can actually hear others at your table. wine by the glass is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We visited Claire's for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was attentive and friendly. The chef introduced himself and we loved hearing about the food preparation and local ingredients used for their meals. The food was absolutely delicious! We will be back!Special Features:
- Claire's@ the Depot, always greatgivemeflavor1Dined on 7/22/2014I had the blackened scallops, which were fresh and well-prepared. My husband had the crab cake with cod. Also fresh and well-prepared. The creme brulee was very flavorful and excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Claire's is always a wonderful choice for dining. This was my first time for brunch and was delightful. Good bloody Mary's and shrimp and grits with poached eggs yummy. The plates being carried past me looked equally yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBillieJoVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great food, eclectic menu, and easy. A pleasure and a joySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Claire'sBaileyDined on 7/18/2014The food, service and atmosphere was outstanding for lunch at Claire's. Claire's staff made our get together very special and all who attended looks forward to returning. Thank you making us feel so welcomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing spot for lunchMJMOrleanDined on 7/16/2014Great choices of healthy foods for lunch - nice ambience and pleasant staff - have taken several out of town guests there and always extremely positive feedbackSpecial Features:
- Perfectly adequateRachelTzDined on 7/13/2014Very enjoyable outdoor seating area with lots of character and charm. Food was made well but nothing special or particularly flavorful. Crabcakes had a lot of filler. Cornmeal pancakes had no detectable cornmeal. But nothing was overcooked, over salted, or terrible and needing to be sent back. Overall I would recommend it for a nice outdoor brunch with friends.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambiance!MLinVADined on 7/13/2014We stopped for Brunch and couldn't have enjoyed it more! The scones with flavored butter are great! My husband had Eggs Chesapeake and my son had the special of an Eggs Benedict like dish with filet mignon, both were excellent! I had the blueberry cornmeal pancakes and they too were great! We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LynnDined on 7/12/2014Our first time to Claire's, but certainly not our last visit. We brought friends with us, and they raved over the menu and the restaurant. A nice touch was when Claire actually stopped by our table and asked how we were doing!Special Features:
- Worth Another TryPBearDined on 7/12/2014We met a friend for late lunch on a Saturday, by which time the chef’s special quiche was no longer available, so my wife ordered the “2nd hand” quiche, which was fine but nothing special. The friend and I both ordered steak salads which were also were fine, but again nothing special. The wine we selected was not what it should have been for the price. So, I have to say that the food/wine were not quite up to what we had expected. The restaurant itself, however, is nicely appointed and the ambiance quite pleasant. The service is definitely a selling point- it was terrific. The hostess was friendly and fun, and our waitress was attentive while unobtrusive. We think it deserves another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Claire'sXplrVAVIPDined on 7/8/2014We've eaten here several times and it is our favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchBeachbum33Dined on 7/6/2014My husband and I enjoyed brunch on the patio. The service was prompt and the staff were friendly. The complimentary scones were tasty and a nice touch, and the food was delicious with generous portions. I felt the quality was of the restaurant, staff, and food was well-worth the menu prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchMlGuest11Dined on 7/5/2014Not from around the area, and picked this place on a whim to meet my parents. The service was great, the setting beautiful, and the food was good too! I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Claires poetry in the form of foodFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I absolutely love Claires. We have eaten at some of the finest restaurants all over the country and I have to say this restaurant is impeccable. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is great. I would recommend claires to anyone who understands and appreciate fine food. Also do you know how absolutely wonderful it is to someone from kitchen in a fine restaurant walk out to a private herb garden and cut some fresh hers t prepare your food. While not the most amazing thing its just a breath of fresh air after eating over priced overly processed foods at other restaurants.Special Features:
- Special eveningCrabbie4dinnerDined on 6/28/2014My husband requested CLaires for his birthday dinner because of their perfectly prepared crab cakes; his favorite. The weather was perfect for outdoor dining. They graciously accommodated a special menu request for the dinner. It was a very pleasant evening with great service as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visitor from DCDCVisitorDined on 6/28/2014A wonderful find. Excellent menu, food, wine and service. A home run.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renovations make a big improvementblairjacDined on 6/27/2014Greasy cold cucumber soup and crab stuffed shrimp. We enjoyed our meal very much. The renovations make the restaurant quite nice and lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospherech4loveDined on 6/25/2014This is not my first time dining here, and again I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff makes you feel very special. We weren't rushed and were allowed to stay as long as we wanted. Will be back again soon!Special Features:
- really greatluvtoeatDined on 6/24/2014The tuna I had was great but the cobbler (rhubarb) was not done enough. It should have been done more. But the tuna salad was great.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerArlingtonNative18Dined on 6/19/2014We invited our daughter and son-in-law to Claire's at the Depot to celebrate their 21st anniversary. My husband and I have gone there several times for our own anniversary. Everything that evening was superb....especially our dinners. Our guests were very impressed with the delicious cuisine and ambience of Claire's! Will be returning for many other occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayMaryVIPDined on 6/15/2014Met my brother (a Warrenton resident) at Claire's for a Father's Day celebration. It was the perfect venue. Delicious food prepared and presented in a lovely setting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014I have frequented Claire Depot many times and I have never been disappointed. They have a nice comfortable crowd on Friday evening. Excellant food and service. Energetic but you don't have to scream to have a conversation.Special Features:
- JJJJDined on 6/14/2014gardern room was a pleasure to dine in --- service was goodSpecial Features:
- Always excellent!tah2Dined on 6/14/2014Claire's is our favorite fine dining establishment. We enjoy the seasonally varied menu, excellent wine selection, and tasty desserts. Our table was at a busy intersection, so if you want a quiet romantic corner be sure to request it when you make your reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best RestaurantMckinleyeagleDined on 6/14/2014Claires is our favorite place to go for Sunday brunch, Lunch or Dinner. The food is always delicious and the presentation stunning. The wait staff are friendly and always watching out for the customers.Special Features:
- Delightful Seafood salad lunchgirlsluncherVIPDined on 6/13/2014The special, a delicate blend of crab, shrimp and lobster, on a bed of greens, light dressing, just delicious! Thanks!!Special Features:
- Great Dinner.RazmanDined on 6/11/2014I have never had a bad meal at Clarie's. My wife and I were there for our Anniversary and enjoyed not only our meal but the great service and friendly atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to eat!SpranchersDined on 6/11/2014Food and service are consistently excellent. She crab soup is amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date Nightscooter1234Dined on 6/7/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the service and food. The ahi tuna appetizer was excellent as was the crab soup. The crab cakes and salmon are both good. The wait staff was very attentive. We will definitely be back.Special Features: