Claire's at the Depot
65 S. 3rd Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Claire's at the Depot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clairesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5403511616
- Hours of Operation:
Parties 5 or more or special requests please call for reservations.
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claire Lamborne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Claire"s full service catering will make your next event truly special – from an elegant wedding - to an important business affair - to a company picnic of two thousand. Claire's offers a variety of fabulous foods to suit your taste and budget. Our menus are inspired by the seasons. We support local farmers whenever possible and are happy to accommodate vegetarian requests.
- Entertainment: For Special Events.
A word from Claire's at the Depot
In a casual yet elegant atmosphere, set in a recently remodelled century old historic train station, Claire's passion is great food and outstanding service. Offering contemporary American cuisine - local, seasonally focused - with a Southern flaire. The renovation honors the historic character of the Warrenton Train Depot, resulting in a warm, comfortable environment for casual meetings with friends, or special occasions and intimate family meals. The warm, elegant Garden Room provides seating for intimate meals, while the Tavern Room features a more casual dining experience in luxurious surroundings. A rotating selection of craft beers is available on tap, and the wine service is regularly expanded. Outdoor dining is available in season, and private events can be hosted in one of several areas in the restaurant. Awarded "Best of Warrenton" every year since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Claire's at the Depot - Best Restaurants in Warrenton ›
Claire's at the Depot reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (79)romantic (75)great for outdoor dining (69)great for lunch (55)great for brunch (51)good for groups (39)notable wine list (20)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Bonus BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Food was great and portions were reasonable. Love the ambience. Too noisy when full.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningd8nitesDined on 10/17/2014We enjoyed a lovely evening at Claire's beginning with cocktails and good red wine. We sat inside, considering it too chilly to sit on the inviting terrace. My husband and son ordered the rib-eye while I had a salad of fresh greens and a small plate. All were well-prepared. My husband left his credit card in the bill folder, and we were relieved when we called and were told it was safely in the bank and ready for us to pick up.Special Features:
- Claire's always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014We go to Claire's frequently, and we're always guaranteed to have great food and great service. Claire doesn't disappoint, and her seasonal changes to the menu give enough variety to the most frequent visitor.Special Features:
- A great small town restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/12/2014Wonderful ambiance, great service, delicious food. Not your normal brunch spot, with such things as ahi tuna won ton, but all good food nonetheless. One of our favorite spots to enjoy for brunch, lunch, dinner, or an afternoon happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the place for Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/12/2014The wait staff is outstanding when it comes to service. If you have an opportunity ask for Kerby as a waitress. Her service is excellent. The food is an outstanding value for the price. They also offer a great drink called poinsettia which is champagne and cranberry juice with a fresh strawberry. The owner, who is Claire, is actually there on Sundays and takes the time to meet and great diners and ask them about the quality of their experience. It is just a quaint restaurant that was built in a remodeled train station in downtown Warrenton VA. It is a great place to visit and eat on a Sunday.Special Features:
- Claire's: A gem!food4thoughtDined on 10/11/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we were greeted by great staff and that did not stop until we finished our meal and left. The food was amazing and we will go back to Claire's again and again. It is so nice to find a place like Claire's that truly understands how to create a wonderful dining experience- well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for 4OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014First time in Warrenton. Had 6p.m. reservations and were seated immediately. Ordered 2 beet salads...one with chicken and one with salmon, the double pork chop entree and the lighter fare steak frites. All were delicious and very filling in their own right. Fast service, perfect temperature for the food, yumminess all around. Did not drink wine since we had been wine tasting all day. Really nice place. So glad we went!Special Features:
- Good food -- better dessert!poucfiDined on 10/10/2014Found Claire's through TripAdvisor on a first visit to the area. Food nicely prepared and presented. The dessert (their bread pudding) is a show stopper! Service overall was good though the bartender was severely outnumbered between regulars and a couple of us trying to get his attention. Fortunately, the wait wasn't long (it was a Friday evening) for our table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the foodDavenJeanDined on 10/8/2014We ave eaten all over the world, and the food here is always special. None betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any occasionRetireN16Dined on 10/5/2014We celebrated at Claire's last year for a friend anniversary. This year we decided to celebrate our with friends. It was great both times. My only regret is that they are 50 miles away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try it out...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Claire's at the Depot in Warrenton is a hidden slice of the high life. I've been there numerous times and each time I visit, I'm more impressed than the last time I went. The food is amazing, the staff is friendly, and charm of the restaurant only adds to the experience. Visitors to Warrenton will be hooked once they try it out. If you have a group of 3 or more, I would suggest making a reservation. Couples can generally walk in.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant!Oh2dineoutDined on 10/2/2014We visited Claire's on a Thursday evening and were charmed as soon as we drove up. The restaurant is located in a historical, brick train station. We dined on the lovely patio with the views of a garden and a line of beautiful arched doors. The food was delicious and upscale with an emphasis on locally grown produce. They even have their own kitchen garden. The service was attentive. Since the evening was turning cool the gentleman who greeted us at the door came out to offer an inside table if we got too cool and after dinner drinks at the bar. The bar seemed to be occupied by locals enjoying a Thursday evening. If we find ourselves in Warrenton again we will be there. Worth venturing off of Main Street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We had a reservation for 1:15pm, so we were a little late in the day for brunch. The she-crab soup is AMAZING!! My butternut risotto was good, but not as savory & delicious as the soup I had just tasted. We'll be back, but we'll give lunch or dinner a try next time. Pretty place, & nice staff!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!SeptemberVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a really special brunch at Claire's - featuring the world's largest quiche. Also the best orange-cranberry scones ever. The atmosphere was wonderful (3 scenic seating options), parking was a breeze and the service was impeccable. We'll be looking for future reasons to travel thru downtown Warrenton.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always enjoy dinners at Clares. Quite a hike for us from Ashburn but well worth the trip. Food is excellent and service is friendly and spot on. We had salmon and steak frites entrees and both were prepared perfectly. Even saved room for their blueberry tart and gelato. Perfect ending to a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddiiningDined on 9/27/2014Overall, dining here for lunch was an enjoyable experience --Special Features:
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerKevinDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, service, and experience. Claire always knows how to mix the less than ordinary with classic choices on her brief but diverse menu of culinary delights. One of our favorite places to go for a special occasion. If you are into fine meals, in a comfortable classy Virginia country setting, you will love Claire's at the Depot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Claire's provide a special setting for two friends meeting for dinner. The menu had something for everyone. One person selected from the Lighter Menu and the other from the regular menu. Both dinners were delicious. Our wine was featured from a local winery--Pearmund. Very good. Service was excellent. Setting very comfortable. We had a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- SammyDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was delicious, the wait-staff very friendly and the outdoor seating was clean and pretty.Special Features:
- Very Nice BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We had Sunday brunch and sat outside. Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- wonderfulluciapDined on 9/19/2014This was the first time in years that we have been to Claire's. The food was spectacular, the seating, and the inside were gorgeous! The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was our server. She seemed overly busy, and didn't quite pay attentions to details. Our drinks took forever to come out to us, but our food made it out to our table in a timely manner. Her head always just seemed somewhere else. I guess she had other tables to worry about as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- JackDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. Well prepared. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousVickifromVAVIPDined on 9/17/2014Claire's is always a great meal with great service. You can't go wrong here. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leighVIPDined on 9/16/2014Claire's never disappoints! Food is fabulous! Great place for special occasions or just a nice dinner for a couple, a family or group of friends!!!Special Features:
- small flawmickgeneDined on 9/16/2014Great svc. Fine ambience. Great appetizer(oysters). Crab cakes with fried green tomatoes - Excellent. Mixed grill great except for sirloin - cooked per preference( med rare) - but dry and a trifle tough - the sauce was its salvation despite being skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing service a surprisequeenieDined on 9/14/2014Unusual to have poor service at Claire's.. was wondering if some of the staff was missing?
- A GEMBeachbumDined on 9/13/2014Tucked away in the little town of Warrenton, at the old train depot with relics of the past parked silently on the tracks; this restaurant occupies the old station platform. It has been elegantly decorated, presents an ambiance that lies somewhere between formal and casual and offers a diverse menu and excellent service. The owner, Claire, is present, personable and engaging. When the weather is pleasant, the outside patio, canopied with trees in a beautiful garden is available.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsrictroastDined on 9/13/2014We went with another couple. This was our third trip and their first. We were greeted and given our table promptly. The wait staff was punctual and well trained. The food specials were explained and we all made our selections. Desert and coffee finished our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Vacation FineMandarinDined on 9/10/2014We found this little gem somewhat by accident when we found ourselves near Warrenton. It was an excellent find. The menu is interesting and diverse, the food very well prepared and the kitchen very accommodating to food allergies and intolerances. Try it for yourself if you are nearby, I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Have eaten there for lunch many times, but dinner was very expensive , didn't realize glass of wine was $14.00 so we ordered 2 and were shocked to see the total for $28.00 for 2 glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdakotaDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was excellent.Would reccomend the firecracker calamari and the sea scallops.Would highly reccomend for a special occassion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Claire's at the DepotClairesDined on 9/6/2014We had an outstanding experience at Claire's. The food and service were excellent, and we enjoyed talking with our "neighbors". Would highly recommend Claire's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still perfect!lukdemDined on 9/4/2014Returning for lunch after a number of years (too many), we were pleasantly surprised to find Claire's just as perfect as we remembered it: pleasant ambiance, friendly service, and exquisitely prepared dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinner at Claire'sIfIAmToPutOnWeightDined on 8/30/2014Went there with my wife for our 23rd anniversary. She had the filet with French fries, I had the cowboy steak and replaced the baked potato with French Fries, we both had the crab soup. The soups and my wife steak were delicious my steak was good but too salty. When I told the waitress she said the saltiness was caused by the rub they put on it; I suggest that they update the recipe for the rub, I don't think it should be that salty. Another thing I have noted at Claire's when one makes a reservation, they ask if there are any special request, I wrote that it was our anniversary. All I got was the "Maitre D'" tell us happy anniversary nothing more. The last time we went there, it was my wife's birthday and they forgot to mention it.Special Features:
- A favoritegirlsluncherVIPDined on 8/29/2014The perfect place for a Friday lunch. Delicious salads and quiche. Great service. Just perfect, as usual.Special Features:
- Mid-week dining outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We are infrequent dine-outers but we always enjoy the ambiance, the service, and especially the food at Claire's. We are able to share an appetizer before and a dessert after our meal. The entrees (and daily specials) are hard to choose from, but always visually attractive and delicious. The wine list is quite ample with reasonable prices and good variety of Reds, Whites, and Sparkling wines to choose from. he wine list is ample, and helpfully arranged to help the diner with pairing wine to meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEA FOOD SENSATIONTASTEBUDDDined on 8/27/2014ON OUR VISIT LAST WEEK, THE FOUR OF US HAD THE "SEA FOOD BOWL". WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS OUTSTANDING, EQUAL TO THE BEST OF NEW ENGLAND OR SPAIN ON THE MED. THIS "PIECE DE RESISTANCE" WAS A DELICIOUS MIX OF FRESH MUSSELS, SHRIMP, FISH, AND CALAMARI, ON A JUST RIGHT PORTION OF LINGUINI, ALL COOKED TO PERFECTION. WE STARTED THE MEAL WITH A TASTY APPETIZER OF THICK SHE-CRAB SOUP AND FINISHED WITH A SATISFYING KEY LIME PIE. WARRENTON IS A HALF-WAY POINT BETWEEN US AND OUR FRIENDS FROM NEAR LURAY AND CLAIRE'S IS OUR ONE AND ONLY PLACE TO DINE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeJQ123Dined on 8/26/2014It was nice and our 3 year old enjoyed the pond and the train cart.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I had previously been there for lunch and decided to try it out for a major birthday event with family and friends. It was definitely a great choice since it was a very enjoyable evening and all the meal choices were equally awesome.Special Features:
- LUNCH TIME VISITkaceeDined on 8/22/2014Reservations at 1pm, party of 3. 2 arrived early, were seated and ordered appetizers which came just as I arrived at 1. Waitress efficient, observant. A little late on refills for drinks (water). Appetizer was seared ahi tuna on tortilla chip with an interesting sauce. Entrée selection sufficient for lunch and prices were quite acceptable for the location and ambiance. Although seated fairly close to other diners, the noise level was still acceptable. Definitely recommend sitting near the garden/outside seating area to enjoy the scenery.Special Features: