Claire's at the Depot
65 S. 3rd Street
Warrenton, VA 20186Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Claire's at the Depot
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clairesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5403511616
- Hours of Operation:
Parties 5 or more or special requests please call for reservations.
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claire Lamborne
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Claire"s full service catering will make your next event truly special – from an elegant wedding - to an important business affair - to a company picnic of two thousand. Claire's offers a variety of fabulous foods to suit your taste and budget. Our menus are inspired by the seasons. We support local farmers whenever possible and are happy to accommodate vegetarian requests.
- Entertainment: For Special Events.
A word from Claire's at the Depot
In a casual yet elegant atmosphere, set in a recently remodelled century old historic train station, Claire's passion is great food and outstanding service. Offering contemporary American cuisine - local, seasonally focused - with a Southern flaire. The renovation honors the historic character of the Warrenton Train Depot, resulting in a warm, comfortable environment for casual meetings with friends, or special occasions and intimate family meals. The warm, elegant Garden Room provides seating for intimate meals, while the Tavern Room features a more casual dining experience in luxurious surroundings. A rotating selection of craft beers is available on tap, and the wine service is regularly expanded. Outdoor dining is available in season, and private events can be hosted in one of several areas in the restaurant. Awarded "Best of Warrenton" every year since 2006.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Claire's at the Depot - Best Restaurants in Warrenton ›
Claire's at the Depot reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (74)great for outdoor dining (73)romantic (71)great for lunch (63)great for brunch (57)good for groups (38)scenic view (21)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Late BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We had a reservation for 1:15pm, so we were a little late in the day for brunch. The she-crab soup is AMAZING!! My butternut risotto was good, but not as savory & delicious as the soup I had just tasted. We'll be back, but we'll give lunch or dinner a try next time. Pretty place, & nice staff!I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!SeptemberVIPDined on 9/28/2014We had a really special brunch at Claire's - featuring the world's largest quiche. Also the best orange-cranberry scones ever. The atmosphere was wonderful (3 scenic seating options), parking was a breeze and the service was impeccable. We'll be looking for future reasons to travel thru downtown Warrenton.Special Features:
- Beautiful RestaurantkayceeintulsaVIPDined on 9/27/2014Always enjoy dinners at Clares. Quite a hike for us from Ashburn but well worth the trip. Food is excellent and service is friendly and spot on. We had salmon and steak frites entrees and both were prepared perfectly. Even saved room for their blueberry tart and gelato. Perfect ending to a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gooddiiningDined on 9/27/2014Overall, dining here for lunch was an enjoyable experience --Special Features:
- Romantic Anniversary DinnerKevinDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, service, and experience. Claire always knows how to mix the less than ordinary with classic choices on her brief but diverse menu of culinary delights. One of our favorite places to go for a special occasion. If you are into fine meals, in a comfortable classy Virginia country setting, you will love Claire's at the Depot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for dinner with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Claire's provide a special setting for two friends meeting for dinner. The menu had something for everyone. One person selected from the Lighter Menu and the other from the regular menu. Both dinners were delicious. Our wine was featured from a local winery--Pearmund. Very good. Service was excellent. Setting very comfortable. We had a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- SammyDined on 9/21/2014Brunch was delicious, the wait-staff very friendly and the outdoor seating was clean and pretty.Special Features:
- Very Nice BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014We had Sunday brunch and sat outside. Everything was perfect!Special Features:
- wonderfulluciapDined on 9/19/2014This was the first time in years that we have been to Claire's. The food was spectacular, the seating, and the inside were gorgeous! The only thing that I was a little disappointed with was our server. She seemed overly busy, and didn't quite pay attentions to details. Our drinks took forever to come out to us, but our food made it out to our table in a timely manner. Her head always just seemed somewhere else. I guess she had other tables to worry about as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- JackDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. Well prepared. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fabulousVickifromVAVIPDined on 9/17/2014Claire's is always a great meal with great service. You can't go wrong here. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- leighVIPDined on 9/16/2014Claire's never disappoints! Food is fabulous! Great place for special occasions or just a nice dinner for a couple, a family or group of friends!!!Special Features:
- small flawmickgeneDined on 9/16/2014Great svc. Fine ambience. Great appetizer(oysters). Crab cakes with fried green tomatoes - Excellent. Mixed grill great except for sirloin - cooked per preference( med rare) - but dry and a trifle tough - the sauce was its salvation despite being skimpy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing service a surprisequeenieDined on 9/14/2014Unusual to have poor service at Claire's.. was wondering if some of the staff was missing?
- A GEMBeachbumDined on 9/13/2014Tucked away in the little town of Warrenton, at the old train depot with relics of the past parked silently on the tracks; this restaurant occupies the old station platform. It has been elegantly decorated, presents an ambiance that lies somewhere between formal and casual and offers a diverse menu and excellent service. The owner, Claire, is present, personable and engaging. When the weather is pleasant, the outside patio, canopied with trees in a beautiful garden is available.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsrictroastDined on 9/13/2014We went with another couple. This was our third trip and their first. We were greeted and given our table promptly. The wait staff was punctual and well trained. The food specials were explained and we all made our selections. Desert and coffee finished our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Vacation FineMandarinDined on 9/10/2014We found this little gem somewhat by accident when we found ourselves near Warrenton. It was an excellent find. The menu is interesting and diverse, the food very well prepared and the kitchen very accommodating to food allergies and intolerances. Try it for yourself if you are nearby, I am pretty sure you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Have eaten there for lunch many times, but dinner was very expensive , didn't realize glass of wine was $14.00 so we ordered 2 and were shocked to see the total for $28.00 for 2 glassesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentdakotaDined on 9/6/2014Everything we had was excellent.Would reccomend the firecracker calamari and the sea scallops.Would highly reccomend for a special occassion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Claire's at the DepotClairesDined on 9/6/2014We had an outstanding experience at Claire's. The food and service were excellent, and we enjoyed talking with our "neighbors". Would highly recommend Claire's to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still perfect!lukdemDined on 9/4/2014Returning for lunch after a number of years (too many), we were pleasantly surprised to find Claire's just as perfect as we remembered it: pleasant ambiance, friendly service, and exquisitely prepared dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good dinner at Claire'sIfIAmToPutOnWeightDined on 8/30/2014Went there with my wife for our 23rd anniversary. She had the filet with French fries, I had the cowboy steak and replaced the baked potato with French Fries, we both had the crab soup. The soups and my wife steak were delicious my steak was good but too salty. When I told the waitress she said the saltiness was caused by the rub they put on it; I suggest that they update the recipe for the rub, I don't think it should be that salty. Another thing I have noted at Claire's when one makes a reservation, they ask if there are any special request, I wrote that it was our anniversary. All I got was the "Maitre D'" tell us happy anniversary nothing more. The last time we went there, it was my wife's birthday and they forgot to mention it.Special Features:
- A favoritegirlsluncherVIPDined on 8/29/2014The perfect place for a Friday lunch. Delicious salads and quiche. Great service. Just perfect, as usual.Special Features:
- Mid-week dining outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014We are infrequent dine-outers but we always enjoy the ambiance, the service, and especially the food at Claire's. We are able to share an appetizer before and a dessert after our meal. The entrees (and daily specials) are hard to choose from, but always visually attractive and delicious. The wine list is quite ample with reasonable prices and good variety of Reds, Whites, and Sparkling wines to choose from. he wine list is ample, and helpfully arranged to help the diner with pairing wine to meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SEA FOOD SENSATIONTASTEBUDDDined on 8/27/2014ON OUR VISIT LAST WEEK, THE FOUR OF US HAD THE "SEA FOOD BOWL". WE ALL THOUGHT IT WAS OUTSTANDING, EQUAL TO THE BEST OF NEW ENGLAND OR SPAIN ON THE MED. THIS "PIECE DE RESISTANCE" WAS A DELICIOUS MIX OF FRESH MUSSELS, SHRIMP, FISH, AND CALAMARI, ON A JUST RIGHT PORTION OF LINGUINI, ALL COOKED TO PERFECTION. WE STARTED THE MEAL WITH A TASTY APPETIZER OF THICK SHE-CRAB SOUP AND FINISHED WITH A SATISFYING KEY LIME PIE. WARRENTON IS A HALF-WAY POINT BETWEEN US AND OUR FRIENDS FROM NEAR LURAY AND CLAIRE'S IS OUR ONE AND ONLY PLACE TO DINE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeJQ123Dined on 8/26/2014It was nice and our 3 year old enjoyed the pond and the train cart.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014I had previously been there for lunch and decided to try it out for a major birthday event with family and friends. It was definitely a great choice since it was a very enjoyable evening and all the meal choices were equally awesome.Special Features:
- LUNCH TIME VISITkaceeDined on 8/22/2014Reservations at 1pm, party of 3. 2 arrived early, were seated and ordered appetizers which came just as I arrived at 1. Waitress efficient, observant. A little late on refills for drinks (water). Appetizer was seared ahi tuna on tortilla chip with an interesting sauce. Entrée selection sufficient for lunch and prices were quite acceptable for the location and ambiance. Although seated fairly close to other diners, the noise level was still acceptable. Definitely recommend sitting near the garden/outside seating area to enjoy the scenery.Special Features:
- Must for local and visiting foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We regret taking so long to return to this favorite from many years ago. The charm we remember is still there, but with renewed vibrancy. The setting is still beautiful. The menu is concise, yet varied. The art of presentation is not overlooked; the food is delicious even before tasting. The staff is welcoming and helpful. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Took my wife here for her birthday. Informed staff when I made the reservation and they were right on top of it when we arrived. Wait staff was excellent with the exception that I felt like our waiter waited slightly too long before checking on us each time. Food was outstanding. I believe I had the best porterhouse steak that I have ever eaten, and I've eaten a lot of porterhouse steaks!!Special Features:
- Warrenton, VirginiaMaryVIPDined on 8/17/2014Consistently warm and welcoming restaurant in the charming town of Warrenton, Virginia. Most recent visit was with my parents. We met my brother and his daughter for Sunday brunch. I made the open table reservation for 4 and when my brother asked if he could add one more I wasn't able to change it on OT. No problem. Called Claire's and then set me up. Message on my phone . . the more the merrier! Lovely. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- 123456VIPDined on 8/16/2014One of the best restaurants in Virginia. Chef used to be at Kinkade's in D.C. He is an excellent chef and the pastry chef is very good as well. The restaurant is very well designed and quiet so that you are able to talk to your dinner companions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic First ExperienceStayathomeDadDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I had our first night out without kids in over a year. We found Claire's and based on the reviews decided to give it a try. It exceeded out expectations. The atmosphere is casual elegance and the food is excellent in every way; presentation, timeliness and taste. We had the Asian beef wraps as an appetizer, followed by Crab Cakes and Cod dish while my wife had the Summer Risotto.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2014Went here on my wife's birthday. Food was better than I remembered last time and everyone enjoyed dinner very much.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Brunch at Claire's at the Depot offered a varied menu and great food. Would definitely return to Claire's the next time we're in Warrenton.Special Features:
- the PERFECT place to eat!RunnerTeeDined on 7/26/2014We've been going to Claire's for years and it's one of our favorite hot spot dining places. The food NEVER disappoints, the inside and outside ambience is great, the wait staff friendly and we drive over an hour to just get there! I don't eat meat, yet can always find something yummy on the menu in seafood or vegetarian fare. Just a perfect place to eat!!Special Features:
- jumpinjackVIPDined on 7/24/2014Nice restaurant,where you can hear yourself talk. wine are a bit pricey Nice restaurant where you can actually hear others at your table. wine by the glass is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014We visited Claire's for the first time to celebrate our anniversary. The staff was attentive and friendly. The chef introduced himself and we loved hearing about the food preparation and local ingredients used for their meals. The food was absolutely delicious! We will be back!Special Features:
- Claire's@ the Depot, always greatgivemeflavor1Dined on 7/22/2014I had the blackened scallops, which were fresh and well-prepared. My husband had the crab cake with cod. Also fresh and well-prepared. The creme brulee was very flavorful and excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2014Claire's is always a wonderful choice for dining. This was my first time for brunch and was delightful. Good bloody Mary's and shrimp and grits with poached eggs yummy. The plates being carried past me looked equally yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.