Claddagh Irish Pub - Mason
5075 Deerfield Blvd.
Mason, OH 45040Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Claddagh Irish Pub - Mason
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.claddaghirishpubs.com/
- Phone: 5137700999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM, Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Pub Quiz every Tuesday @ 7pm Karaoke every Thursday @ 8pm Live Music on Fridays @ 9pm Karaoke every Saturday after 10pm
A word from Claddagh Irish Pub - Mason
We welcome you to Claddagh Irish Pub. Our goal is to re-create the rich traditions of the great pubs of Ireland here in America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Claddagh Irish Pub - Mason reviews from OpenTable diners
- New Year's EveGeoffDined on 12/31/2013We were able to get a reservation at the last minute on NYE. Food was great but the music was loud, almost too loud to talk. Service was good, but they seemed at bit understaffed for that kind of holiday evening. Overall, a friendly and great atmosphere. Will be anxious to experience the restaurant on a more regular day,I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just moved into the are andDebbeDined on 12/24/2013Just moved into the are and used open table to find a place to eat on Christmas Eve. Love this place and will go back often! Server was so friendly and food was good.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Made a reservation for 12 the day before and was put in a very nice alcove. Service was good and the food was very good. I had the beef stew which was a huge portion of meat with a scoop of mashed potatoes. It was enough for dinner and lunch the next day. Everyone was pleased with their order. The only downside (well more of a warning) is that the cost of drinks can be really surprising and not in a good way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingTillotDined on 11/28/2013We found the atmosphere was okay for a Thanksgiving dinner. The clam chowder was very good, the salad excellent, the turkey and dressing just so-so, the apple pie okay in its little cupcake pan. The waitress was very prompt in getting us a warmer place to sit than our original table.
- Thanksgiving surpriseShawnRCDined on 11/28/2013Who'd think of an Irish pub for an American Thanksgiving? A 4 course traditional dinner which was headlined by a wonderful corn chowder, one of the best I've ever had. There were a couple minor gaffes in the serving, e.g., I got no cranberry sauce. Did not complain as there was more other food than I could eat anyway. The dessert was a choice of apple or pumpkin pie. Both were very small individual pies. Just enough, really, after all the other food. The apple pie was good, the pumpkin really amazing. The atmosphere would lend itself to a variety of celebration types. Quite a surprise, but a very pleasant one. We'll definitely return for more traditional Irish food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice thanksgiving meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013We just moved from Georgia and don't have any family here. I didn't want to have to cook a big Thanksgiving meal just for my family of four. The food was good and the beer and apple pie was the icing on the cake. Everyone was in good spirits and od didn't have to clean up my kitchen! We will be coming back next year!! Thank you for making this a special meal for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food/beer/musicOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013I had the fish and chips and it was awesome! Also, I got the beer of the month which was a Black IPA and that was great; AND the Pandora station they chose (Irish Pub Rock) put out some of the best music I've heard at an Irish pub yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is now closedMattDined on 11/16/2013Restaurant was fabulous, but the waiter informed us that New Years Eve was the last night they would be open as they were closing for good on 1 Jan 2014.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad they are closingKikiDined on 11/16/2013Sadly New Year's Eve was the last day open at mason ohio location. Apparently landlord jacked up the rent and forced them out. Bummer. Always consistent food and service- I will miss them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish eyes are smilingDonnaKDined on 10/25/2013Really enjoyed Claddagh Irish Pub in Mason, OH. Good food and ambiance! Since I live in Florida, I always try to have dinner at one of the Claddagh's in Cincinnati. Wish there was one in southwest Florida. Open Table was easy to use and our table was ready when we walked in the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place & good food!M4SLEXDined on 10/7/2013I was plesantly surprised after walking in. The dining room is setup with many private areas. The bar was in the center and I was happy to see an Oktoberfest brew on tap. The Turkey Ciabatta was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wide range of really goodANDYSDADVIPDined on 9/22/2013Wide range of really good craft beers. Fish and Chips is great, and ''Buy one, Get one" on Mondays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Typical Irish Fare & DrinkHate2CookVIPDined on 9/12/2013We had not been to Claddagh for a few years. Was happy to see the corned beef & cabbage sandwich was still on the menu, and still delicious. My husband enjoyed his fish sandwich. The only thing we noticed about the food was the portions were not as big as in the past....but that was just fine with us! Our server was excellent. The only complaint would be that when we checked in the hostess said she could not find our reservation! When I told her we had made it on Open Table, she looked at us like she did not know what we were talking about!Special Features:
- Better Menu Variety than Expectedpasta4meVIPDined on 8/1/2013Great spot for large group (of 8): ould have typical items like fish 'n chips but others had salads, turkey wrap, chicken dish, etc. Very friendly servers. Side salads are huge considering they're an included item w/sandwich or entree. Everyone liked having many choices of a side like mac & cheese-salad-potato item included in price. Food served hot & all at one time & everyone satisfied (some had to take portions home - large portions especially fish 'n chips). Only minor issue was that it took a bit long for a lunch hour but group did wait a bit to order. Overall tab was less expensive than other places in area. Hope to see it more crowded so we keep this place for future lunches or after work gathering -- & we will be back.Special Features:
- musicfoodie27Dined on 7/21/2013would have been nicer if they had a little bit of acoustic music um it was reallynot crowded this service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fathers Day DinnerChiefDined on 6/16/2013We had been to the one in Newport years ago the portions seemed bigger that was the reason my wife and son split their dinner, and left hungry. There were no complaints about the taste or how it was cooked. I was on line and noticed they had ribs so I was looking forward to getting the ribs only to find out that they changed their menu. This was on Sunday so the beer was 2.50 a pint. I was impressed with that and their selection. My son ordered chicken tenders as an appetizer and my wife and I ordered salads which were vary good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great last minute Mother's Day DinnOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Food and service was great! The menue has improved since the last time I visit ed several years ago. The noise level was about what you would expect from a pub setting. There are tables that are more appropriate for a quiet dinner for two .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceKateDined on 5/12/2013Excellent food, service and enjoyable atmosphere. Will definitely come back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRuthVIPDined on 5/12/2013Having eaten at Claddagh on several previous occasions and being very happy with both the food and service, I had no hesitation in making a reservation for Mother's day. Oh dear, what a disappointment. They had made it clear on booking that they would be operating a buffet for lunch, which I thought would not be a problem, but the quality of the food was no-where near their normal standard. I will be eating at Claddagh again, but I will make sure that it is when they are offering their regular menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchIndyDiner2Dined on 5/12/2013We went to the Mother's Day Brunch on May 12th and it was outstanding. We were seated immediately in a nice large out of the way booth. We had a 2 year old in the party so this was perfect to keep her between her mom and dad. We were greeted quickly by our very efficient server and ordered coffee and milk for the little one. We proceeded immediately (via a nice shortcut by our booth) to the buffet. Food was delicious (omelet station and carving station) were particularly good. Good choices of salads, fresh fruit and other dishes plus a wonderful choice of desserts. Our coffees were kept full. Very happy with our choice.Special Features:
- Great Fish and Chips! My co-dinersLuvtodineoutVIPDined on 3/18/2013Great Fish and Chips! My co-diners enjoyed their salads and had a wonderful server and a nice private room do be able to discuss business.Special Features:
- Food good and service good,GarygDined on 3/9/2013Food good and service good, but place needs a makeover. Seating arrangement poor with tables arranged side by side so just too close to other diners, a lot like Cheesecake Factory which I don't care for either. Diners like booth arrangements vs tables crammed together. Also noise level high due to large party of 6 adults and 6 kids seated in area with tables pushed together and kids getting antsy and running around. Don't know why restaurants don't keep separate rooms for the "gangs" that insist on dining together
- Enjoyable evening - our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013Enjoyable evening - our party of 5 was seated in a snug and thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to have friendly conversation and great service.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedJamesVIPDined on 3/2/2013I have eaten at the Claddagh before and enjoyed it. However, I was not impressed with my last visit. The server seemed to have his mind elsewhere and the food was bland and cold.
- We enjoyed the overall experience.DonandMaryDined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed the overall experience. Service was a bit slow, but this no doubt was due to the fact that it was Valentine's Day. We will return sometime to see how things are on a more normal day.Special Features:
- My husband & I had the ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My husband & I had the Valentine Day Special, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees & 1 dessert to share. The meal began with delicious appetizers-spinach & artichoke dip & the Yuengling Battered Shrimp. My husband got Gaelic Alfredo & I got Dublin Chicken. When I ordered, our server told me it was a good choice. I commented that I liked to hear that from a server when I order food at a place I don't frequent very often. He must have lower standards. The spinach was so bitter & seemed to be a mix of raw and slightly cooked & I couldn't eat it. The chicken was rather bland, not what I expected after my server's comments. Our Warm & Tipsy Bread Pudding was not warm throughout. Our server didn't check in with us very often. Very disappointing overall.
- Authentic Affordable Irish Food!ThalieMacDined on 1/11/2013We visited with our eight month old daughter. There was plenty of room for the high-chair and the staff was very friendly with her. The food was delicious, served hot and was very affordable. We ordered an appetizer, two entrees, two sodas and dessert and the bill was only $50. I expected the prices to be much higher than they were. The atmosphere was great, the food was authentic and the staff was amazing. We will definitely eat here again if we're in the area in the future.Special Features:
- Good food. Ok service :/OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Food in general is good. I had the grilled salmon and my gf had the clam chowder soup and the yuengling battered shrimp. No complaints here. Our server provided good service too. The only complaint we had was that the busboy was showing up with his tray to pick up whatever dishes we werent using several times throughout our meal placing his tray on our table and the tables next to us. The couple next to us left their table for a moment and he took his drinks. So they had to reorder when they came back. We felt this was rude and disrepectful but ultimately comes down to poor service. I like Claddagh but that is the only part of the service that ruined the experience :/
- This was our second New Year'sRoseDined on 12/31/2012This was our second New Year's Eve dinner at Claddagh's. Love the 7:00 Irish New Year toast. The food,atmosphereand service were great. Think we'll make it an annual tradition.Special Features:
- Try the Fired Pickles!JamesVIPDined on 12/24/2012Decided to visit the Claddagh for a date. Asked the hostess for a romantic spot near a fireplace (through opentable) and they did it. The food was solid and service was very good. Would go back!
- Nice place with good food.CarolynRVIPDined on 12/8/2012Nice place with good food. Looks like they have some great specials too.Special Features:
- We dined late (reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012We dined late (reservation was for 6:15 p.m.), and the buffet was "old". If we do this again next Thanksgiving, I would go earlier in the day.Special Features:
- The service and food was exceptionaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012The service and food was exceptional for the evening. My guest and I were never rushed and we were able to talk without interruption due to loud surroundings. We would recommend this for a casual date or an evening out for couples.Special Features:
- Bad dining experience. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2012Bad dining experience. Had reservations but was seated at a high top at the bar. Had to request move to dining room which had plenty of open tables. Fish and chips were at best fair, but beef stew was terrible. Nothing but gravy on a huge pile of mashed potatoes. Only had 4 very small bites of meat and almost no vegetables. Only positive is a decent beer selection. Might return to the bar, but will not dine here again.
- Too much breading on fish n' chipsKevinVIPDined on 10/17/2012The food here was actually very good considering it's a pub! I had the beef stew and it was delicious. My dining companions both had the fish and chips and said that it tasted very good but there was too much breading. The homemade home fries were DELICIOUS! Will definitely be back the next time we're in Mason!Special Features:
- Happy with my wineHappyFoodieof3VIPDined on 9/28/2012We got there at 6:45 on a Friday night and the place was not crowded. We ordered the onion rings for an appetizer. They were great. Our meals: dish and chips were huge - they could have served two and were cooked perfectly. Meatloaf was huge and was served with mashed potatoes - also cooked to perfection. Cod special was a small piece a fish - not even 2 ounces and cooked for a person who likes no spices. It was so bland! it was served with green beans - very good and the mashed potatoes - again good. The service was good. They also don't serve any rolls or any other sides with dinner. The wine list and beer list were very good. I don't like fried foods so if you want fish - go somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- I don't get it. The qualityhungryDined on 5/19/2012I don't get it. The quality of the food is very poor and tasteless. Very much a bar serving mediocre bar fair. If this is true Irish cooking, I better never visit.Special Features:
- First, they couldn't manageLisaVIPDined on 5/11/2012First, they couldn't manage to get the reservation right. We reserved a table for 5, they kept asking if we were waiting for someone else, bringing extra silverware, etc. The food was mediocre at best -- the pork loin was dry and the before I'd had 2 bites the glaze had hardened into a shell I would have needed an axe to cut through. One member of the party didn't get his soup until after the entree was served, and after the waitress dropped off our entrees, she never came back to see if we needed more drinks, etc. The band was good. Too bad we couldn't get a beer to enjoy with it.
- Our reservation was apparentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2012Our reservation was apparently "lost" so other accommodations were made. We ended up sitting at the bar but not a good view of the band as requested. We were also seated next to the pathway of all the servers so we were constantly jostled and bumped by servers and patrons, as well. We like the Claddagh and will continue to attend when our favorite Irish bands play in the pub. Extremely disappointed in the "lost" reservation situation.
- good place for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/11/2012good place for a business lunch as they can accomodate large parties at lunch without a problem. food was good as always