CK14 - The Crooked Knife at 14th Street
232 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
CK14 - The Crooked Knife at 14th Street
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ck14.com/
- Phone: 2129294534
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: 4pm-4am daily; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm Bar menu: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from CK14 - The Crooked Knife at 14th Street
CK14 is a modern American gastro pub conveniently located on the crossroads of Chelsea, Greenwich Village and the Meatpacking District. We specializing in fresh, seasonal fare. CK14 offers a variety of seating options from our cozy dining room to our newly opened back garden. For a more casual setting guests can sit at our well stocked bar or our front “living room.”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CK14 - The Crooked Knife at 14th Street reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (15)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (4)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- wonderful brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Had brunch at CK14 yesterday with my cousin whom I hadn't seen in a couple of years. We were not rushed had a leisurely brunch and schmooze fest for more than 2 hours (after 2-1/2 hours we were politely asked give up our table). A limited but satisfactory brunch menu (I enjoyed the salmon and asparagus cakes; my cousin had the 3-egg omelet). Suggest you go early as crowds and noise levels increased substantially after 1 pm. Would certainly recommend this convenient West 14th St location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014There was almost no one in there on a Thursday at lunchtime and more of a bar then a restaurant. But we were looking for a quiet place so it was perfect. It's great if you are looking for a quiet, casual place to have lunch with a pub-type menu.Special Features:
- Good food, good servicehungrynycDined on 10/5/2014The food was very good. We started with a cheese plate which was more than enough for four people. I had the Shepard's Pie which was very tasty (and even better when bf heated it up for lunch the next day). But the star for the night was the fish and chips, very light and crispy batter. The portions are large enough for leftovers or very hungry friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was surprisingly excellent.TonyPDined on 10/3/2014You'd first think this is just a cool bar but the food was lick-the-plate-clean good! Will definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch placemikeDined on 8/24/2014went there for brunch between 11am and noon. we sat outside. everything was nice. the food was good so was the service. plus they ave unlimited mimosasSpecial Features:
- great bottomless brunch spotlaurenDined on 7/19/2014went here for the first time with a group of four friends thanks to a buzzfeed "top boozy nyc brunch spots" post....and we all loved it! very charming west village feel, delicious food (huge portions, too!), and just an overall very enjoyable brunch experience. we sat inside this time, but there is a really cute outdoor seating area that I will request next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014Only complaint is that the music was too loud, very hard to converse at our table of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My thoughtsNSAdocNYCVIPDined on 7/17/2014the food was good at CK14, but what was memorable was the attentiveness of the staff. From the moment we were seated the waitstaff knew we were gluten-free diners and anticipated that by making sure we knew which options were gluten-free, and how certain options could be made GF. They are courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Great value!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Loved brunch at the Crooked Knife! The food was great and the mimosas were bottomless! Wonderful neighborhood spot for a great value meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK 2nd time aroundExploringNYCcuisineVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was my 2nd visit to CK14 and would rate it as AOK when in a pinch, but with so many other good restaurants around probably will be awhile before venturing here again. Believe previous visit food was better. Your normal burgers, sandwiches and salads. Had the salmon burger and fries, nothing to write home about, but was ok. Good service in a cool spot typically not crowded at lunch and inexpensive.Special Features:
- No rush brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Very enjoyable and delicious brunch with great waitstaff! The Good Morning burger was amazing and the group agreed that the mimosas & bloody Mary's were worthy of a return trip :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably OK for drinks.VillageAJDined on 7/1/2014Mediocre food, lackadaisical service at lunchtime. Bison burger was blah. Probably more of a drinking hole, at night.
- Excellent food, outdoor patioLCP729Dined on 6/28/2014We sat on the outdoor patio and enjoyed some fantastic food. The roof of the patio could use to be cleaned (you couldn't see through the skylight panels) but it only covers a small portion of the patio anyway, so you still get a good outdoor experience in the heart of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the CK14 - The Crooked Knife at 14th Street reviews archive.
- Good things down belowLightSauceVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great variety with yummy dishes all around. Blue Velvet Cake is the only miss but I can live with that because the entrees make up for it 10 fold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiveMunchkinDined on 6/18/2014Met a friend here after work. $5 Happy hour drinks til seven. Great choice of salads, burgers. Loved the watermelon and feta cheese salad, veggie burger and sweet potato fries. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great brunch spot!brunchgoerDined on 6/15/2014Loved sitting in the patio out back, and imbibing on bottomless mimosas and bloody marys! Definitely a great place for a casual group brunch - but advance reservations are a must!Special Features:
- SurprisingnycdynesDined on 6/13/2014I got there before my friend at the tail end of happy hour and it was pretty crowded. I waited by the bar and enjoyed the unpretentious scene. We sat in the back dining room for dinner. While the bar was dark and cavern like, the restaurant area had skylights and a back garden area, which transformed the space. Our servers were really nice and attentive. The menu also had a good selection for vegetarians and both our entrees were good and very generous. I had the pulled pork sandwich (huge portion) and she had the vege burger (also sizable). Would definitely recommend both for happy hour and dinner.Special Features:
- Good food horrible serviceEatnTweetDined on 6/11/2014Hire real waitstaff. I literally had to wave down someone.
- Not ServedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014After arriving 10 minutes early for our reservation that we had made the night before, we were told that all reservations closed for Sunday brunch on Wednesdays. I did not see any indication of this on their website. They did not try to accommodate us and wouldn't even give us an approximate time. They did not offer to seat us at the bar where there were open seats. Very disappointed in their lack of service. We left and went to Philip Marie a few blocks away where we were treated like royalty, even without a reservation. Skipping the Crooked Knife next time and going straight to Philip Marie's and I recommend others do the same.
- Unexpected great food!!FoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014The veggie burger is awesome , must try if you looking for veggie options.Special Features:
- Great serviceDebaDined on 5/25/2014The hosted seated my friends and I within minutes of our arrival. The waitress kept refilling our drinks without being asked. Friendly staff. Great service. I had a burger. It was perfect. Great drinks, good ambience.Special Features:
- Won't go back.Ecw628Dined on 5/24/2014Food was fine, inside was cute, and we were having a good time until the waitress came over at 12:45 and told us that we needed to be out by 1pm because they needed the table for another reservation. WHO DOES THAT?! We still had half a carafe of mimosas to finish and she treated us like we were a burden. I was shocked. This place isn't unique enough for me to go back after that.Special Features:
- Great boozy brunch spotRobbobNYCDined on 5/11/2014Loved this place. Fantastic service at an early-ish boozy brunch. The three of us got omelets, and the portions were huge. Couldn't even finish my plate, but it was well worth the effort. Great mimosas. There looked like a cool, sunlit room in the back that I'd want to sit in next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to CK14 before andKateDined on 4/13/2014I've been to CK14 before and didn't ever have an experience like this -- the service was some of the worst I've had in the city. Super unattentive and at times it actually felt like they were ignoring us on purpose! Plus we were sat all the way in the back room which ended up being extremely stuffy and hot. Not the greatest.Special Features:
- Good eats on 14th StOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We were a group of 10, had made reservations for 9:15 ish, but our table wasn't ready. We waited by the bar for 30 minutes (maybe 45) but the people were very apologetic about the wait (wasn't really their fault, as the party before us was taking a while). It can get a bit loud with the music, but the food is good and the price isn't bad. It was a get together for a birthday and they threw in a free cake (or pie, in this case). Again, it was a Saturday night on 14th Street, the weather was great so everyone was out and about. As long as you made reservations, you'll be seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below Ground Bounty1101VIPDined on 4/10/2014This restaurant is below street level and so one has to be visually aware to find it, however, once found, the food is bountiful, well prepared and delicious. Excellent interior design with emphasis on the quirky. If you are doing the Highline and exit on 14th street, this is the place for a sit down lunch. It is very close to the Ground Zero Museum Workshop and after spending time there, the Crooked Knife is a comfort zone where one can relax. The staff is friendly and attentive. When next in NYC I plan to make this restaurant a destination.Special Features:
- Boozy Birthday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2014While the food is not amazing, the bottomless brunch option was quite lovely. For one price you get an entree and nonstop mimosas for up to 2 hours. Celebrating with friends was memorable. The food--not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot for a GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014I had a a group of 7 people to take around the city recently. We wanted to start our Saturday with a bottomless drink special. I made reservations and it turned out perfect. When I made the reservation I accidentally booked it at the wrong time. They were very accommodating even though we had such a large group. We were given the table in the front and were able to hear each other talk which was important to us, because we only get to see each other once or twice a year. The waiter was extremely attentive even though he was really busy. Our drinks were always refilled before we could ask, and it was really a great time. Oh and the music was awesome! I will definitely be back, and would recommend coming here for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotIamJavoneDined on 3/15/2014Ok, upon arrival, the hostess found our reservation and was ready to seat me, except my party had not arrived yet. But it was good to know the table was already ready. We were sat and tended to rather quickly. We ordered and were brought drinks in a timely fashion. The food came shortly thereafter. But the ambiance is amazing. The wait staff is very attentive and the prices are A-freaking-mazing. The AYCD for 2 hours is $29 with any entrée, expect if you have the steak and eggs, add $5. Which is still quite awesome. I will be back. I will have to check out the other location as well.Special Features:
- Delicious and quaintminty1130Dined on 3/9/2014Hipster in NYC with a bit of a farm feel to it. It's a great brunch spot to meet up with friends. The food was delicious and the service was friendly. I'd go back again to meet up with friends.Special Features:
- BrunchBnycDined on 3/2/2014Ii am not a fussy customer so i was not bothered but there were ups and downs Positives The food is not mind blowing but did not dissapoint. I had the steak and eggs. Not over crowded BOOZY BRUNCH!!! Unlimited mimosas 2 hours Mimosas tasted great The staff was extremely friendly and down to early, Negatives There was a lot of waiting with service I asked for the steak when I got it the steak was medium barley any pink definitely no blood. We were seated infront of the door that leads to the back bringing a serious breeze, we had to close the door every 5 minutes. would absolutely come again but if you are fussy it may not be the best place in the world. In comparison to the popular essex boozy brunch I would personally still come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spottapentoes10Dined on 3/2/2014I recently just went here for brunch with my friends for my birthday and it was great! I originally made a reservation for 10 people online, but then had to change it 12. I wasn't able to change it online because 10 is the limit online but I called and they were very accommodating! The unlimited brunch is the way to go! $29 for unlimited mimosas and an entree is great! The staff is constantly refilling the crafts of mimosas! Food was great and the ambience was perfect! Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AYCD brunchMontanaVIPDined on 3/1/2014We made a 3:30 reservation, which they allowed, despite not seating walk-ins past 3:15 normally. There was some confusion surrounding our table but eventually we were seated (5 of us) in the back covered sunroom. The service was spotty- servers rarely came over to us since we were in the back and most of the other tables had left since we were so late. But overall it's a good value as they didn't serve individual mimosas, but filled a huge carafe each time. Would possibly return, but definitely earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchkit712Dined on 2/16/2014Good for brunch. They left carafes of mimosas at every table but ours so that was a little annoying. $29 AYCS mimosas or bloodies for 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unattentive ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I made reservation weeks before and my friend had come in first and was seated. When I entered the venue, no one attended to me and I had to get the attention of the host. When I told him I had reservations he told me it was probably at the other restaurant. I knew my friend was already seated so I told the host.. He didn't even walk me to the table or checked his reservation booklet, he just allowed me to look in. I was not happy with that gesture. We waited for awhile to get a waitress to order our food, when the food came my crab and asparagus cakes were under seasoned and my friends burger was par. There's nothing interesting about this place, I will never go back. Service was also very slow.
- Great happy hour.tm7343Dined on 1/15/2014well drinks, wine and beers on tap all happy hour specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boozy BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013We had reservations and were seated right away. Service was spotty but very friendly. Eggs Benny were very good. Good drinks and we got our money's worth. Crowd/clientele very friendly as well. Cool chill place and we will be back but it must be noted that music is awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!Livthedans321Dined on 12/20/2013I went with a group of friends. Great time and everyone enjoyed their food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub Par ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/15/2013Went for brunch on a Sunday afternoon with a large group. Waiting 30 minutes to be seating. The bar was full so we were forced to stand in a corner. The hostess was serving as the bartender as well. Restaurant was severly understaffed, had to constantly ask for refills on our water and "bottomless" drinks.Special Features:
- So friendly & accoomodating!AmyPSVIPDined on 12/15/2013It's more typical to find a restaurant that allows you to dine their establishment than to find one that welcomes you particularly with children, but that's what we've found at CK-14. We keep this on the short list of places to meet up with groups for brunch.Special Features: