CJ'S Deli & Diner
2580 Kekaa Drive
Lahaina, HI 96761Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
CJ'S Deli & Diner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cjsmaui.com/
- Phone: 8086670968
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Christian Jorgensen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a full service catering operation: wedding receptions, wedding rehearsal dinners, wedding brunches, family reunions, birthday parties, celebration of life, private dinners, homeowners meetings, corporate events, luaus, employee parties, grand opening ceremonies, and Traditional Hawaiian Blessing Ceremonies. We have catering events at the restaurant and also at private estates and condos on Maui. Chef Christian Jorgensen combines his culinary skills with personal planning assistance to ensure you receive the best Maui catering experience within your budget.
- Cross Street: Highway 30
- Public Transit: There is a free trolley that guests staying in the Kaanapali area can use - takes guests from their hotel to the Fairway Shops. There is a public bus stop across the street from the Fairway Shops that goes south to Lahaina and north to Napili. The public bus fare is $2.00 per trip or $4 for a day pass.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is a free parking lot for all the stores/restaurants in the Fairway shops. There is plenty of free parking right in front of the restaurant. There are two handicapped stalls right in front of the restaurant also.
A word from CJ'S Deli & Diner
Located in The Fairway Shops in Kaanapali, CJ's Deli & Diner is West Maui's neighborhood family restaurant. Guests can dine at the restaurant in our air conditioned dining room or use our take-out services. Guests place their order at the counter and their name is called when the food is ready. There is no table side service. CJ's menu features comfort foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Some best sellers include pineapple fried rice, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, and mahi mahi fish with lemon caper sauce. We also bake our own desserts such as apple mango pie, brownies, and giant chocolate chip cookies. Our wide array of menu items are all reasonably priced below $12. Eating at CJ's is comfortable for your budget as well as your stomach! Guests also love our lunch box for Hana trips, Haleakala trips,or just exploring the island. The $12 lunch includes a sandwich, chips, Maui pineapple, drink, and homemade walnut dessert bar. Guests can also rent a cooler for a $7 deposit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
CJ'S Deli & Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance2.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Skip this oneDaveVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place does not live up to its reviews. The food is somewhere between mediocre and poor, the people not particularly friendly and you need to do all the fetching and carrying - why bother? My daughter ordered one entree, then another, ate neither. I ordered the meatloaf - the sauce had a chemical odor. The only edible entree was a BLT. Enough said - there are many better choices within a couple of miles, try those.
- Good food close to hotels.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/10/2014Right by the golf course and close to all of the hotels in Lahaina. Really good food. Just note, it is not a sit and get served type of place like many of the restaurants on OpenTable. You will have to go to the counter to order your food and get it when they call your name. Good, juicy burgers and really good onion rings with banana ketchup. REALLY nice people behind the counter and all you can drink fountain. Just note, they close at 8:00 PM.Special Features:
- Good for takeoutFood4FunDined on 6/19/2014Good for takeout. Close to beach and very wide selection of moderately priced food about five minutes north of Lahina, just off the main road.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014We were doing some last minute shopping in the area before leaving for the airport, so wanted something solid but not too fancy. CJs fit the criteria. We had a variety of meals. The hamburgers and onion rings were solid, as were a few other sandwiches. The braised beef options had very fatty meat, but good flavor. We ended with a malt and a shake, and both were very good. Like most restaurants on Maui, it seemed somewhat expensive. Would eat here again though it would not be my top choice.
- The following 4 reviews are from the CJ'S Deli & Diner reviews archive.
- Great food, reasonable pricesOc3lotDined on 5/19/2014Great food and reasonable prices for Maui. Everything tasted very fresh and delicious. I reccomend the shrimp linguine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneRetiredbutnottiredDined on 4/27/2014Lots if options. Great breakfast and lunch menu. Plenty of great tasting food at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CJ's Deli & Diner offers aEDWARDVIPDined on 3/1/2014CJ's Deli & Diner offers a variety of good food at reasonable prices. There is nothing fancy about the restaurant, but it is convenient to the Kaanapali Beach Resort and considerably less expensive than most restaurants within the resort. Cj"s Deli also encourages byob, which signficantly reduces the cost of a meal with beer/wine. The pineapple rice, salmon, and hot pastrami sandwiches were the best of the numerous appetizers and entrees that we tried. CJ's Deli is nothing fancy or to write home about, but it is comfort food at a good price.
- BaffledBetinaVIPDined on 1/1/2014We were in Maui looking for a place for 8 of us. This popped up on OpenTable so I reserved for dinner. When we pulled into the strip mall I was a bit surprised but being Maui I still wasn't too concerned. We walked in and ... it's a run-down sandwich shop where we just grabbed a booth. It's the equivalent of making a reservation at Subway. Why is this place listed on this site? One fry cook and one old gal taking your order at the counter. The hamburgers and sandwiches were good but we could've gone to McDonald's or Subway and been in and out in half the time. Summary: good food but please.... reservations??? Oh yeah, they close at 8:00 so since my "reservation" was for 7:30 they were shutting down just as we got our order.Special Features: