560 Shrewsbury Ave
Tinton Falls, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cjmcloones.com/
- Phone: (732) 758-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - Midnight
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Walter Quiteno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call us for more information.
A word from CJ Mcloones
CJ McLoone's features an intimate, American tavern experience for the entire family, offering lunch and dinner seven days a week; as well as a casual and spacious pub with 14 flat screen TVs, perfect to relax and watch the game.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
CJ Mcloones - Best Restaurants in Red Bank ›
CJ Mcloones reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nothing GreatFlushingFirstTimersDined on 11/18/2014For lunch entrees my friend and I had salad, squash soup, and a fall turkey salad wrap. The food was fresh and good but nothing beyond the ordinary. The coffee, which is important to me, was very exceptionally strong. The service was neither attentive nor lacking but noticeable for being a little late.
- Dinner Sat nightRileysMomDined on 11/8/2014My husband said his prime rib was very good as was my butternut squash soup. I ordered the apple salad and that was very disappointing. Wilted greens, just a few very thin apple slivers and not much else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedFPedDined on 11/8/2014Service was very bad. Server was very polite but the wait for the food was much too long. Food was just Okay
- Nice lunch!lcjpDined on 11/5/2014My girlfriends and I went here for lunch for the first time and I was very pleased. Decor nice, good menu, great service, well-priced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A comfortable placeRoseDined on 11/4/2014We meet friends here once a year as it's halfway from both our hometowns. It's a comfortable place with good food, nice service, and a pleasant atmosphere. Prices are reasonable and it has all the standard things you would want for a nice lunch.Special Features:
- MayorDVIPDined on 10/29/2014Looking forward to some holiday celebrations at this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great dinner spotChuckVIPDined on 10/12/2014Have been to McCloone's many times and have always had a pleasant meal, the staff is attentive and helpful, the drinks are very good and the meal choices cover a broad range. I find the specials are often the best choices and the atmosphere is relaxing and have never felt rushed. A great place to enjoy good food and the company you're with, they have never let us down on any front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious SalmonGardenAngelDined on 10/3/2014served with chimichurri sauce and sun dried tomato risotto - delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean nj Hub and wifeOceanDad51Dined on 9/5/2014Nice and new. Bar is energetic. Food is good. Service was bad. The particular server had forgotten our shrimp cocktail, Gave me a mamosa instead of champagne, and forgot my wife's beer. It has potential since it is a Mcccloones place. Needs improvement but i am confident that it will. The chicken pot pie was great, the prime rib was excellent - great aus juis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGraceDined on 9/2/2014This is a really great place to enjoy lunch or dinner with friends. Service is great no matter how many people in your group and the food is wonderful. I have never had a bad experience here. Would recommend it highly .Special Features:
- Food better than expectedSunlovernjDined on 8/29/2014The decor of the restaurant itself is ok. Not very romantic, however the food was exceptional. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the prime rib. Both were delicious as well as the smashed red potatoes and green beans that came along with them. We shared the warm apple crisp with ice cream for desert and that too was outstanding. We were there on a Friday night and the dining room filled up by around 7 pm at which time service became a little slow. It was also very noisy, hence the not very romantic comment above. All in all, I would recommend it based on the quality and taste of the food.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceNickDDined on 8/23/2014I have been to this place several times and it has something on the menu for everyone. Food is consistent and very good. Service is excellent and pleasant. A great place to go in a pinch when you just aren't sure where to go or if your other restaurant is booked. It gets crowded like any other good restaurant but you might still be able to get a fairly last minute reservation for a small party.Special Features:
- was a great dinnerVinceTinNJVIPDined on 8/2/2014I had been to this spot before it was CJ McCloone's. The food is much better than the restaurant it replaced. Updated nicely. It was very loud in there so don't expect an intimate or romantic dinner. If your out with some friends you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightnittanyzekeDined on 7/31/2014It was a bustling weeknight at CJ McGloone's but we very much enjoyed our time. Solid beer and wine selection and had the crab cakes, they were outstanding. Our first time, we will be back. Great service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the CJ Mcloones reviews archive.
- lunchJOEYDined on 7/28/2014it was a great place for lunch . I would like to do dinner next timeSpecial Features:
- Great Sweet Potato FriesOpenTableDiner2013VIPDined on 7/22/2014I had lunch at Mcloones while on business in the area. I had the appetizer crabcake over arugula with roasted peppers and a side of sweet potato fries. I enjoyed it all and the sweet potato fries were just the right mix of crispy outside and tender inside. The service was as expected and everything was timed well. It's a good spot to have a sit down lunch.Special Features:
- What a treat!msfrog2VIPDined on 7/18/2014The Baked Macaroni and cheese with shrimp was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, poor serviceJerseyshorefoidieVIPDined on 7/7/2014We visited this establishment for the first time on a Monday night. It was not crowded at all and we chose to sit on the patio. It took quite a bit of time to be addressed to get our drink order, and then even longer to take our food order. When it finally arrived, it was okay, nothing special. The waitress was essentially invisible, never coming back to check on us at all. We have dined been dining at Tim McLoon's establishments for years and have always enjoyed ourselves. However, we will not be returning to CJ McLoon's.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Good food, we were not rushed but the server was attentive. I look forward to having another business lunch here.Special Features:
- Great Local PubSLO8470Dined on 6/27/2014We've been longing for a good local and modern pub. The atmosphere, food, and service were just what we have been looking for. We'll definitely be adding this to our list of regular restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick DinnerfoodnwineDined on 6/19/2014Needed to eat before a 6:00 pm appointment. In by 4:40, out by 5:55. Good food, attentive service; just what we needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKleeDined on 6/18/2014The service was amazing and the food was wonderful. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Menu, Solid food and serviceNickDDined on 6/14/2014Great comfortable dining experience with great menu and great service. I will be back.Special Features:
- McLoones never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014In true McLoone fashion CJs is comfortable and friendly. Food is always top shelf. Brunch Lunch and Dinner are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylVIPDined on 5/28/2014I found the music to be too loud since we were having a business lunch. I asked to have the music lowered, which they did. It was appreciatedSpecial Features:
- Family DinedSecTimeDined on 5/17/2014My second time eating there. Food reasonable priced for the quality. Wished the tables were larger. Would eat there again.Special Features:
- Not exactly what I ExpectedSpecs11Dined on 5/17/2014I personally thought the appetizers were better tasting than the entrees. Had the sampler appetizer which was great. The wings were perfect and had tender meat on them, not mostly fat. Calamari was fresh and mozzarella sticks were perfect. I got the Rib Eye and it was not seasoned with any salt, pepper or butter or anything at all. This was strange to me but it had no flavor and i added a bit of salt myself. Girlfriend had the Fajitas and they were good also but they too could have used a bit more seasoning. A southwest mix of seasonings or some kind of Mexican seasoning would have made them right. The peppers and onions were fresh, you could smell and taste it. Service was great but the entrees were lacking flavor.Special Features:
- Good local spotJRZGLDined on 5/16/2014It's refreshing to have non-chain options locally. McLoone's freshened up the decor and the menu. Drinks and food were on par. You don't feel rushed. Great place to catch up with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average restaurant experiencejennyjenjenVIPDined on 5/10/2014This was my second time dining at CJ McLoone's. Both times, I would say service was good and food was good, but that's pretty much where it ends. What made it a good choice was that they can easily accommodate large groups with kids, however, I was underwhelmed with the food on both visits. It was okay--nothing exciting, standard continental fare. I won't return as there are better options out there.Special Features:
- consistently awesom & great valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014This place has become a favorite go-to place for our family and friends. McLoones has never failed to please. Food is always some of the finest available whether you are looking for casual or upscale. Quick bite or leisurely pace this place is a perfect fit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but too noisy!!!slj13Dined on 4/5/2014The service was great, the food very good, but the restaurant is small, somewhat cramped and very noisy. Nicely decorated though - just too many hard surfaces and too many people in too small a space.Special Features:
- Good food close to homeSimoneTDined on 3/29/2014The food was good. I love their crab cakes and the bread with sun dried tomato and olive oil dip is to die for!Special Features:
- Slow start but .... Worth a wait.Foodie1Dined on 3/29/2014Even with reservation, waited an hour for table. Hostesses need to estimate 1.5-2hr per table not the 1-1.5hr estimate they were working off - at least on a Saturday night. (People sit & chat so needs to be taken into account.) That said, manager did come by to apologize for wait with glasses of champagne to ease the time standing. Good call. The wait aside, once sat at table, the food was decent, selections interesting & service efficient & attentive. Would go back tho' not at peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- McLoone does it againDougDined on 3/28/2014This is Tim McLoone's latest restaurant venture and he is doing it well. The place was packed, but even our showing up 40 minutes late for our reserveation, still got us immediate seating and good service. Prices are about right for our area and food was quite good with large portions. Wine list is moderate size with acceptable prices. Drink prices are a little high averaging $10 and specialtiies running up to $15. Try it. It's a big improvement from the last few lackluster owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - Completely RenovatedTmcm323774Dined on 3/25/2014I've been to CJ's many times but apparently they just remodeled it and the place looks beautiful. The menu is still great and has some notable, new items. Food and service could not have been better.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicePaulDined on 2/20/2014Highly recommend. We had the Talapia and Salmon. Very good and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerSirEatsoutalotDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations for a Valentine's Day dinner at the restaurant. The food was good and the service was excellent. A rose was offered to each female, a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and PlentyJUCALODined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's day, the place was packed and they had a nice touch for the ladies which was a Red rose, we went with the prefix menu it had good variety. Had salad, then steak spring roll, twin lobster tails and dessert all for $50.00 not bad. My wife had Salad, Shrimp cocktail, Rack of lamb and coconut flan all very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Valentines Day!meplusyouDined on 2/14/2014they provided the best experience possible for my valentines day. A++++++Special Features:
- A Great Pre-Theatre Lunch4happygalsDined on 2/1/2014The menu is varied and tempting. All lunch items in our group were enjoyed; well served, plentiful, and tasty. The waiter responded to our special requests with kindness. The soups were especially luscious and satisfying. We'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.