1325 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cityhouse.com/
- Phone: 7032768999x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Mon-Fri 6:30am-11am, Sat & Sun 6:30am-12pm,
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:30am-4pm,
Dinner: Mon-Sat 4pm-10pm,Sun 4pm-9pm
Cocktails & Light Delicacies at the Lounge:Sun-Thurs 3:30pm-11pm,Fri & Sat 3:30pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ralf Hofmann
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let us know of your catering needs. We will be more than happy to help you plan your next event. Please call the Hyatt Arlington at (703) 908-4750 for details.
A word from cityhouse
Cityhouse is located in the heart of Rosslyn,Virginia and is in close proximity to some of Virginia and Washington DC's most famous landmarks. Cityhouse aspires to what we like to call casual dining with fine touches.The menu showcases fresh local ingredients from the surrounding areas to bring forth a unique interpretation of contemporary American cuisine that is sure to please the palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
cityhouse - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
cityhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (18)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)scenic view (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Friendly Staff, Food FineOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014What I like best about this restaurant is the wall of windows overlooking Wilson Blvd. The windows and modern decor give it a swanky feel. I thought the food was fine. I had the chicken gnocchi, and the chicken was very tender and juicy, but there was quite a bit of prosciutto in the sauce, so it was too salty for my taste. The staff was very friendly.
- Nice SpotFoodieDined on 9/24/2014Had a great business lunch at this restaurant. The service was good but it took a longer time than expected to receive the appetizer and entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FastasticVeronicaVIPDined on 9/23/2014Bistro steak, grilled veggie, and glass of wine (Merlot). I love them!Special Features:
- Great venue for conversationAgentSmithVIPDined on 9/11/2014Cityhouse is perfect for a business lunch or gathering of folks who want to converse over lunch or dinner. The dining room's wall of windows lights the space well during the day, giving it an upbeat atmosphere. Tables are well-spaced, so conversation is easy even when it is busy. The food is of good quality and well-prepared; service is pleasant and professional. I'm often not a fan of hotel restaurants - this one is an exception.Special Features:
- Very GoodChrisGDined on 8/17/2014I am sure it was just Arlington on a Sunday evening, but it was eerily quiet. The food was great and service was very good although the waiter more or less just ran in response to our requests as opposed to engaging us and selling us the amazing menu and food. He was fine. There was a private dining room off to the side and that had a party in it so perhaps on a quiet Sunday evening, they could put a small party in front of the window in the main room to make the room feel fuller? Quality and presentation of the food, which is why any of are there to begin with, was terrific!Special Features:
- great place for business meetingbobrDined on 8/13/2014Had a business lunch meeting there and it was perfect, good unobtrusive service, no rushing, reasonable prices, nice variety of food from light to filling, quiet, comfortable seating and they comp the hotel parkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeronicaVIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered for Bistro Sliced Steak (raw medium), grilled asparagus, Merlot red glass of wine, vanilla brulee. It was VERY delicious!Special Features:
- Fantastic AlwaysVeronicaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very good! Customers you should come to Cityhouse Restaurant, it's VERY delicious!Special Features:
- Oasis in the CityLeeLeeVIPDined on 7/19/2014After leaving Arlington National Cemetery, my family and I wanted a quiet place for a nice lunch and cityhouse was it! It was a quick drive, away from mobs of tourists, and at lunch it was quiet. The free garage parking was a plus.Special Features:
- Wonderful!VeronicaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Bistro sliced steak and veggie plus dessert. It's VERY delicious! You people come here while you enjoy here with your beverage and your dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MyNameIsNobodyMyNameIsNobodyDined on 7/18/2014The food menu was very limited and needs to be expanded before I make a return trip. I had the blackened salmon and it was about a quarter of the size that I get at two other restaurants that I dine at, plus it was $5 more here. Also, the dishes (cups in particular) wasn't thoroughly cleaned because I was able to see the grease in the hot cup of water that. Improvements can be made. Still an okay place though.Special Features:
- Farewell LunchCCSidgwickDined on 7/1/2014We chose Cityhouse because the larger farewell ceremony was going to be too noisy and less intimate. Cityhouse did the trick. Nice ambience, good food, pleasant conversation. It all worked.Special Features:
- The following 198 reviews are from the cityhouse reviews archive.
- business lunchPh39nDined on 6/19/2014A good place near the Rosslyn metro for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedwag73Dined on 6/15/2014Given the menu and other reviews I read, I was expecting a little more out of this place. The staff was very nice and the dinning area was nice and clean. The main issue I had was the food, if I'm going to pay $15 for eggs and sausage I expect a little more than what I can make for myself at home. Other than being a little underwhelmed with the food it's a decent place, just a little over priced for what you get.
- Business LunchPinkShirtGuyVIPDined on 6/6/2014Went here for a business lunch. Very nice looking restaurant. Interesting menu and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExecellentVeronicaVIPDined on 5/13/2014We ordered for bistro steak, glass of wine, and dessert. Those are very delicious, yummy!Special Features:
- Quiet and unsettlingDevelopingFoodieDined on 5/10/2014The food at Cityhouse was delicious. Starting with the Tuna Poke and the Crab and Spinach Dip, we were already impressed. My entree was the pan roasted trout and it was cooked beautifully. Served with a berry and lemon risotto, I was impressed with the complexity of the flavor. My stepmother's lobster mac and cheese was good, but felt it was missing something. And my father got their steak - cooked exactly as ordered. The service was attentive. But the entire restaurant was empty - leaving me with the feeling that something was amiss. I would have liked to see it during a lunch rush or at peak hours. Overall, a good pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good stuffPasptastesDined on 5/5/2014City House is a safe bet for a professional dinner or lunch. This was my second visit and I would go again. Service is excellent and the ambiance is just right (between private and informal). Food was a disappointment this time. Anyone who wants to charge $19 per crab cake better make them good. In this case, they were flat, small, greasy, salty and burned on the bottom. The waiter's sincere apology and offer of free desserts for me and my colleague made up for that only partially. But, anyone can have a bad night. Overall, I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchdcgirlDined on 4/20/2014My family and I went for brunch after Easter Sunday service. The food was fresh and very well prepared. There was variety in delicious food choices. The service was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. We each received a Mimosa as part of the meal. Parking was convenient. My group was very pleased and we will definitely return and will recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeronicaVIPDined on 4/17/2014My friend and I were there at 8 PM our RSVP. We ordered for grilled salmon with veggies and glass of wine. We enjoy it. It's kind of quite just two people at the Cityhouse Restaurant. That's funny! I'm suggestion you to come here at the Cityhouse Restaurant.Special Features:
- CAME BACK AGAIN!VeronicaVIPDined on 4/3/2014My friend and I went there. Bistro steak and grilled veggies, and dessert are delicious foods yummy! I'm glad that I'm keep coming back there again!
- Hamid and Ash provide excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Hamid and Ash provide excellent service every time I dine at cityhouse. Food is exceptional and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So delicious! The mushroomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2014So delicious! The mushroom ravioli tonight and the salmon last night were exceptional! Our server Hamid was attentive and knowledgeable and contributed to a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Foods!VeronicaVIPDined on 2/27/2014I ate the French onion soup (very delicious) and grilled salmon (very lovely). Hostess and waiter are very friendly to us, nicely! I saw overcrowd in the bar, whoa!
- Group DiningDebfromDCVIPDined on 2/23/2014I brought a group of business colleagues here after a Sunday afternoon meeting. I don't know whether it was because it was Sunday, or whether it was due to the size of our group (8), but we waited a very, very long time for our food. When it did finally arrive it was spectacular, as always, so I'm not sure what took so long. The restaurant was not crowded, so I'm not sure what the hold up was. They were very apologetic and did make it up to us by providing a beautiful selection of mini desserts compliments of the house. Would definitely go back again because this was not my usual experience, but some members of my party were definitely unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Evening OutRobertDined on 2/22/2014Superbly prepared food and choices. Service was gracious, attentive, but not intrusive. Quiet setting, perfect for interesting table conversation. Complimentary valet parking helpful for Rosslyn location. Altogether, a wonderful, relaxed evening, with great food. We will be back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under New Management???HyattDiamondGuestDined on 2/10/2014For 10 months in 2011-12 I stayed at the Hyatt at least 2x week. Every week I looked forward to the Cityhouse Salad with Chicken and on special occasions, I ordered the seafood. I've been away for a while and the menu has changed, and I assume the management as well. The only fish is now salmon. The hostess is unfamiliar with the menu and has no clue what anything tastes like or what people order. The servers seem peeved to basked about the food. And the food isn't what it once was. The salad no longer contains nuts or fruit, as the menu suggests, and this week, my chicken was dry, flavorless and unappealing. I can no longer encourage friends to join me here, and should I return it is only because it is convenient.
- Good dinner in RoslynPinehurstResidentVIPDined on 2/9/2014The food, drink, and service were excellent...just what I was looking for after a busy day and stormy weather in DC. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. Food was goodrobertm047Dined on 2/8/2014Great service. Food was good as well. The waiters were great though, would go there again just for the great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good, not outstanding.kathydDined on 1/31/2014food was good, not outstanding. Too many other outstanding options to recommend this restaurant
- Lovely eveningSophiaSpeaksDined on 1/8/2014My date and I were treated as if we were in our own private dining room with attentive yet discrete service. While the dining room filled up while we were there (we ate early for travel reasons), we did not notice a rise in the decibel level or a drop in service. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Portions were not huge but we didn't leave hungry. Three hour free valet parking.Special Features:
- Nice early dinner before theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/4/2014The food, wine and service were unexpectedly good, since the restaurant was all but empty on a Saturday night. Located in the Rosslyn Hyatt, this is a gem in a forgotten area at night in Arlington. I would go again or try it for lunch when I bet its fullI would recommend this to a friend.
- Dec. 24, Tuesday NightVeronicaVIPDined on 12/24/2013We went there and found them cause some of the restaurants are closed. So, we ordered for French onion soupm bistro steak with veggies, and vanilla brulee. Those are very delicious yummy!
- We picked this place becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/6/2013We picked this place because we know many of the fun, yummy restaurants in the Arlington area but we were looking for a new experience and the reviews looked pretty good. The fact is that there are many other places in Arlington that have better food, wonderful service and are less expensive. The meal was $144 dollars for two people. That included 1 drink per person. I don't mind spending that money on a spectacular dinner but the food was average. Not bad, by any means, but not worth $70 per person. Lyon Hall, Tallula, Assaggi, Willows even Tachibana -- to name 5 choices are all better in the category of delicious. I am not affiliated with the food industry, in any way, except for the fact that I eat.
- Food was good but...DerekVIPDined on 12/4/2013I feel as though the menu needs to have a few more items on it. I felt like I didn't have much choice on what to eat.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodVeronicaVIPDined on 11/27/2013I did placed an order for French onion soup and grilled salmon. Those are very delicious.
- Delicious in RosslynOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/16/2013Rosslyn is not blessed to have an abundance of restaurants for a nice evening. We needed a place to eat before our show at Artisphere and booked at cityhouse. We we all pleasantly surprised. Food was fabulous and service was excellent. We were able to have an enjoyable and relaxing meal in plenty of time to catch the performance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've Been There Too Much Often-VeronicaVIPDined on 11/14/2013I think that I had been there too much, LOL! Because I love their foods and glass of wine, I love hotel restaurant is my passion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinarily!VeronicaVIPDined on 11/13/2013I ordered the glass of red wine Merlot from Cityhouse, Cityhouse salad, and Bistro Steak (rare medium). Those are very delicious, yummy!Special Features:
- Lot of Customers that Night!VeronicaVIPDined on 11/12/2013I ordered for glass of wine (PG), grilled salmon (medium), and Cityhouse salad. They're still delicious. I don't know how to cook for salmon. That is why I came here. Doctor told me to eat salmon two time every weekly cause it's very healthy. Service is very busy like a bee back & forth and tried to keep customers up, interesting. Lot of people here, whoa but I love it where I can watch those people!Special Features: