cityhouse Restaurant - Parc 55 Hotel
55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
cityhouse Restaurant - Parc 55 Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc55hotel.com/restaurants/cityhouse.cfm
- Phone: 4154036601x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Healy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining area seats up to 50 and up to 80 for cocktail, private dinners, and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Courtney Allen 4154036633x
- Entertainment: Mix and mingle over signature cocktails and plates to share or catch the games on one of seven high definition televisions.
- Special Events: We can handle events for 10-1,000 people. Contact Daniela Puccinelli
A word from cityhouse Restaurant - Parc 55 Hotel
In the heart of San Francisco at Market and Fifth, contemporary yet comfortable cityhouse can be found inside of the beautifully renewed Parc55 Wyndham. Escape the hectic pace of the city for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or relax and watch a game on one of the seven high definition TV’s in the bar and lounge. Featuring a beautiful buffet as well as an ala carte menu for breakfast, American classics for lunch, an array of bar bites, and signature steaks for dinner – cityhouse grasps and holds tight to the basics of contemporary American cuisine with a touch of local flare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
cityhouse Restaurant - Parc 55 Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- disappointedgrammaneDined on 7/25/2014Crab cakes are fabulous. Halibut entre was overcooked, tough and downright terrible. We reported the problem but server just shrugged. Before dinner drink order was wrong and wine served in a dirty glass. We won't be back.
- not greatrfwells70Dined on 7/18/2014Found this spot on a "foodie blog" and it sounded fine. However, the quality of each dish...especially the bone in ribeye left us wanting. The one bright spot was the creme Brulé. Maybe a bad night, but not for us.
- Find another SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. I was a hotel steakhouse trying to be a True steakhouse. Find another Steakhouse, there is plenty.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the cityhouse Restaurant - Parc 55 Hotel reviews archive.
- Great food, nice service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014Enjoyed some great steaks and appetizers at cityhouse. We had a great table with a vantage point overlooking the square. The wait staff was eager to please and helpful. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice supriseBozzDined on 2/28/2014Looking for a place to dine before a concert at the Warfield, I stumbled upon good reviews of cityhouse. Very happy with the interesting menu, everything we ordered was fresh and original. Excellent wait staff, very attentive and helpful. Several reasonably priced wines on the list.Special Features:
- UnderwelmedBosElixirDined on 2/15/2014Had a good time with a date, though little bits and pieces threw the mood off. The waiter was slow and disinterested, the architecture put too much visual noise into the room. the chairs, some hard trendy shaped piece that is only good for about a half hour to sit upon. The lamps from the street outside..just high enough through the giant glass windows to burn into your eyeballs while you're trying to eat. I had steak, scotch and onion rings, it was well cooked and tasty, though nothing special.Special Features:
- Average Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014This was an average dining experience for my girlfriend and I on our fifth dating anniversary. There was nothing to rave about on their menu.Special Features:
- Great StatehouseAl888Dined on 1/20/2014Came here for their Dine About Town promotions. Some of our party ordered their regular manu and was equally suprised. Their steaks was one of the best steaks we had in SF & their services was excellent! A Great Stackhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking DisappointmentHeavenInSFVIPDined on 12/31/2013Stay away from this place. cityhouse is in a prime location with a fairly interesting view ... how in the world could service at this restaurant be so terrible and food so blah??!! I was *embarrassed to tears* by the disgraceful lack of decent service & the unappetizing food served to my VIP guest and to me. Even the coffee tasted awful, like it had been made days earlier. There is NO excuse for what we suffered – the lack of efficiency, class, style, elegance or even common courtesy – when we ate @ cityhouse. San Francisco deserves a truly stellar restaurant here which would be an exciting destination for shoppers, travelers, & residents of our world-class City.
- Fantastic ServiceInExileVIPDined on 12/28/2013I hadn't visited CityHouse in years but was greeted by name by the waiter who served me all those years ago. He remembered my preferences and was as attentive and professional as ever. The food is alright but not remarkable and the "urban chic" vibe doesn't agree with me but I will return again just because I am always treated so well.
- Cityhouse restaurant - Xmas dinnerApollo0707Dined on 12/25/2013The service was fine, but the food was not that impressive. There were lots of choices and everyone tried something different. Group of six consensus was that it was an okay experience, but not worth going back.
- Beautiful View Friendly AtmosphereEvanneDined on 12/20/2013We were looking for a place to eat on the busiest weekend of the year-before Christmas!- and we happy to find CityHouse. The wait staff was very friendly and seated us at a beautiful window seat from which we could see the lights and decorations of Westfield Mall and Union Square. Our steaks were great, and the assorted vegetable dishes were very plentiful and tasty, especially the sauteed spinach. The lobster was a bit mushy, but overall our meal was delicious. I might add that they were able to seat us at 7pm with about 3 hours notice, which was a rare find on that evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten free foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2013The Chef and management is excellent. We went back the next day to est dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!LarryDined on 12/7/2013All started well; we were early and they seated us. First problem: we ordered a beet salad to share. Ten minutes later, the server returned and said they were out (at 5:45 PM!?). My wife's glass of wine was good. Later, I asked for a second nonalcoholic beer; it took nearly 15 minutes for the server to tell us they were out. My NY steak was ordinary (7 of 10); the Bearnaise sauce was mediocre. The my wife's swordfish was basically good but the sauce was mundane. The vegetables would have been better plain. The final straw: dessert. We splurged and ordered something chocolate. We gave up after more than 30 minutes, had trouble getting server's attention just to get the bill.
- Expected betterAB13Dined on 12/7/2013Had a 5:45 reservation and almost missed Theatre 8PM start. The place looks nice and a great view down 5th Street. That's were the positives ended. Wine list was generics off the Safeway Shelves and some of the generic not in stock. Food was just ok and nothing special. No specials, not enough waiters, and ours knew nothing about the food. He could not recommend anything and we had to drag him to the table to get anything. Steak was average at best, onion ring on top was not edible. Desserts were average and fruit with crisp undercooked. I don't mind paying top dollar for great food. This was not even close.
- Recipients of Poor ServiceShakingMyHeadVIPDined on 10/29/2013Let me start by stating I made this reservation as a precursor to booking a stay at the hotel. It is my custom to usually order a glass of wine with my lunch. Unfortunately, I never saw a wine list, because the server was more concerned with getting us out of the restaurant as we were seated very close to the closing time of 2pm. We were rushed to make a decision "the kitchen is going to close and I want to get your order in". When we quickly decided on the philly cheese steaks and fries, we were never offered a beverage of any type. When our food arrived 10 minutes after receiving it we were "strongly encouraged to pay to bill so as to allow them to finish up for the day. It has been a very long time since I have had such poor service.
- Food ok, service okimadinerDined on 9/23/2013We needed a place for a business meeting so set up a breakfast here. The food was decent, about what you'd expect at a hotel restaurant. Service was slow and inattentive. Most people were probably eating the breakfast buffet so perhaps wait staff was not in much of a service mode.Special Features:
- Very good food. Great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013Very good food. Great service. My filet was delicious along with the mashed pitatoes and the onion soup. Superb food for hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- Was good for hotel food. PresentedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2013Was good for hotel food. Presented well. Would go there again as it is convenient to shopping and BART and view was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/9/2013The food was really good, the staff was very accommodating and attentive and the location was easy to find. Recommended!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere Dine About TownOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2013Foods : taste fair - baked five onion soup , too salty but the cheese puff on top is good Beef burger can't give me much surprises since I assume dine about town should taste something special Fix menu : 18.95 pre tax for person Will come back to try the dinner. Hope it will give. Me something difference .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place of you are on theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2013Nice place of you are on the square and want a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we got what we paid forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013meaning that for a mother day brunch, it was not expansive but it was not fantastic either. Service was slow, but people were nice.
- Better than expectedLovetoEatVIPDined on 5/10/2013Sometimes restaurants inside a hotel can be hit or miss. This restaurant was really good. We got to the hotel kind of late and were debating whether or not to go out and try to find something or eat at the hotel. I was glad we chose to eat at the hotel. Cityhouse was a good choice. I had the swordfish dish and it was excellent!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Give your review a title (optional)ChrissyDined on 2/1/2013This was our second visit to cityhouse. Both times we were verySpecial Features:
- STEAK!!! Don't leave w/o it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Great service! Emin was our server and very nice, professional and not pushy! The New York strip---WOW!!! Will be returning w/ friends just for that!Special Features:
- In a City with so many wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2013In a City with so many wonderful dining options, an upscale hotel should be able to deliver quality food and service.
- Ok, would not return. TooOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/25/2013Ok, would not return. Too many better options in SFSpecial Features:
- great people watch but that's allGraffitigrlVIPDined on 1/25/2013The best part of our experience at Cityhouse was the view of Hallidade Plaza. Great to watch the world go by while dining. Our lunches were OK but did not live up to our expectations. The meals were uninspired and just not much to write home about. We had the feeling that the chef did not taste his cooking. With all the terrific restaurants in San Francisco we probably will not return.
- The best fish and chips ITheBayiGoumetDined on 1/22/2013The best fish and chips I have had in a very long time. Light breading stayed crisp and hot. Perfect service.Special Features:
- Service was great, went forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013Service was great, went for the Dine About Town deal. The atmosphere was nice and the service was great. Went for a Ladies Night with my two friends and this restaurant was the perfect match.Special Features:
- I enojoyed the meal. I justOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013I enojoyed the meal. I just felt like the waite staff could have been a little more attentive. My overall experience was great.Special Features:
- Although service was slowtravelerDined on 1/9/2013Although service was slow to start, our waiter comped both our wine and dessert as an apology! The food was very good - try the bacon-wrapped swordfish - and our window seat overlooked a vibrant San Francisco scene. It was very quiet, but that may be because it was early on a Wednesday night and not at all crowded. Definitely worth the relatively high prices. We particularly appreciated the fact that the food included old standards - steak, fish, fresh vegetables, shrimp cocktail, creme brulee - not just the newest foodie craze.Special Features:
- The food was amazing and wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012The food was amazing and was a beautiful spot to have new years eve dinner at. The server didn't know the menu that we'll. I had the cheese platter and he didn't know what kind of cheese was on the platter. Also we were sat upfront by the entrance with most all of the restaurant was empty so we got noise from the lobbySpecial Features:
- I arrived there to find thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012I arrived there to find there was only buffet, which wasnt what I was looking for. I found out AFTER I had ordered drinks. The food was ok, but definetly no according to the price.Special Features:
- YukOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2012Christmas Dinner, at $300 for 3 (incl. tip (small), tax, & one bottle of Oregon white). It was a buffet served in a small room resembling a tunnel just off the bar. Five tables of "food": salads, vegetables, carving station, empty, and desserts, served cafeteria style. The salads looked elegant, but did not taste good. The ingredients had been placed carefully but never tossed, flavored, dressed, or whatever. Sort of empty tasting. The trays of vegetables ranged from a huge glob of mashed sweet potatoes, to under cooked brocholli. The carving was ham (very thin and ordinary) and beef (overcooked and thin). The dessert was a huge array of candied micro pastries plus a few pies and tarts, & two ice creams. Street view from table fun.Special Features:
- Decent steak but a few misstepsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/15/2012Every year my friends get together over the Holiday Season for a nice steak dinner. We decided to give Cityhouse a try this time and were a bit disappointed. Overall, the steaks as well as the two seafood appetizers (crab cakes and lobster gnocci) were good but the first course lobster bisque was very bad. We also had some issues with three different items on the menu not being available;octopus,brussel sprouts and the 12 oz filet. Hard to believe they could be out of so many dishes. The atmosphere was fun and energetic with nice views of the holiday hustle and bustle outside, not your typical restaurant feel. Not sure if I will give them a shot again...Special Features:
- Food was very good. The serviceBloomingtonNewbies013Dined on 12/8/2012Food was very good. The service could be stepped up a bit, but overall, a good find.Special Features:
- Disappointed in San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/28/2012Was hoping the other reviews were accurate, however I was disappointed. Food was average, nothing exceptional. Would not go back.Special Features:
- Too pricey for the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012They lost our Opentable reservation for Thanksgiving. After a wait, they found us a small table in the corner, then served us a $75 buffet dinner. Never again.