2020 Calamos Court
Naperville, IL 60563Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citygategrille.com/
- Phone: (630) 718-1010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Dinner: Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Engel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Available
- Entertainment: Live music on Friday & Saturday nights.
- Special Events: Our stunning location features event rooms that hold from 12-250 guest for a seated occasion or for a cocktail/ hors d'oeuvre party.
A word from CityGate Grille
At CityGate Grille, you can enjoy Mediterranean influenced cuisine, perfectly paired with your choice of one of our many incredible wines or specialty drinks. Satisfaction has never had such style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
CityGate Grille - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
CityGate Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (35)good for groups (30)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (17)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- HungryDined on 11/15/2014One of Naperville's best kept secrets. The Chef has created a wonderful menu with something for just about everyone. You have to try the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My New Favorite Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/8/2014We loved City Gate Grille! Can't wait to go back. Impeccable service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2014Food was ok, a little boring to me. Service was good for the most part. I was very slow, but it could have been the night.
- PAB123Dined on 11/1/2014Food was great, service was average. I would still return again, loved the live music at 8:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surpriseMusicalVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had not heard of CityGate Grille until we decided to go to see a friend who was singing there on a Saturday evening. I was delighted with my filet kabob appetizer which was grilled perfectly to my medium rare request. It came with a delightful slaw and filled me enough that I only had a half Caesar salad to accompany it. My boyfriend enjoyed the 8 Finger Cavatelli and a Caesar salad. We liked the atmosphere and the music which never interfered with our conversation because the volume was just right. We enjoyed the ES Express very much. Miquel's service was great and friendly. We enjoyed our experience there and will keep it in mind for future dinners.Special Features:
- Everything was Fabulous!Foodie74Dined on 10/24/2014First time guests and after reading reviews thought I'd give it a shot. I've always pleased this place seeing it off the expressway and was very curious. Hostess was very nice, servers were great! Attended to us immediately and answered all of our questions. Server up front About length of time for food to cook so we were aware it may take a while as she reinforced food is cooked fresh! That's what I like to hear. Dessert was great and a nice healthy serving. Prices reasonable! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereHiddengemDined on 10/24/2014This is a great place to go and relaxe after work or a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous experienceHSwiftDined on 10/18/2014Definitely a classy restaurant and bar experience. Food was delicious. Drinks were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerNill1Dined on 10/16/2014We are very happy with our choice to dine at city gate grille! The food and atmosphere it was great. But our server Pablo and his assistants was awesome ! We enjoyed...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentProdiver46VIPDined on 10/14/2014I am always impressed with the menu, the quality and pressentation of the food. The service at CityGate has always been prompt attentive but not intrussive. An excellent way to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014This was my second time at City Gate Grille. It was as wonderful as I remembered. The food is truly superb! Great selection! I will return to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Gate goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Nice ambiance and great service. Menu is versatile enough for everyone to get a great meal, but needs a few more vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:
- Great place to meet for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Good service and very good food. Great place to meet with business friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Very elegant meeting place. The food is not top, but the atmosphere is pretty good. The band is great and the house coffee is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!JenniferVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was my first time at City Gate Grill for dinner. It was a wonderful dinner on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly. Service was excellent! Everyone was very nice without being too over the top. Good menu to select from. I had the Hanger Steak Risotto which was fantastic! The hanger steak was delish and I would get that again. The atmosphere was relaxed but upscale. It was perfect. I dined with my husband but there were groups there as well. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good food - bit pricey but not badKevinSDined on 9/26/2014Went with another couple, I had the ribeye which was done perfectly and my wife and one of our friends had the Mixed Grill Souvalki while our other friend had the Braised Beef Short Ribs. Everyone was very pleased with the entrees. We started with a lettuce wedge (good) and soup of the day (sweet potato soup) which they thought was great. One had the oysters and they were very fresh. Bread was excellent. Service was very good. Sat on other side of wall separating bar area from dining but wasn't noisy (place was less crowded than I would expect on Friday evening).Special Features:
- Great serviceFritzDined on 9/26/2014We have been to the restaurant several times for special occasions and alway seem to get Pablo as our waiter. He is the best!! Incredible service and he makes sure that everything is perfect!Special Features:
- classy place to dineJohnDined on 9/24/2014The atmosphere was elegant and friendly. Food was good. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- goodeatingDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good with good portions. Our server was excellent and went out of his way to please us.Special Features:
- JamesDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had dinner here on Saturday everything was wonderful. Food, ambiance, and service was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but AverageFamilyFoodiesDined on 9/13/2014Blue cheese chip appetizer had too much blue cheese and it overwhelmed the taste. Souvlaki meat portion was small and more potatoes than anything. It was good but disproportionate. Duck and scallops was good, pastitio was just OK. Waiter did not address my wife's drink order first and asked the H.S. kids for their order first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigEd69Dined on 9/12/2014The service was excellent and they were most accommodating when we requested a different table. Because of the many different type of beers they had they brought out a sample of a couple to taste to choose from. Nice to have some nice older type music of a band playing on the weekend although it would be nice to see the bar area bigger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChoffVIPDined on 9/2/2014Staff was very friendly but definitely inexperienced. Great local beer selections. Gnocchi was good but not anything to write home about. Beautiful restaurant and nice outdoor patio.Special Features:
- A surprise findfazfiveDined on 8/30/2014Had never heard of this restaurant before, but found it searching online. Beautiful modern, décor. The food and wine were amazing! Also has a beautiful banquet room downstairs. Everyone we had an interaction with was so helpful. Our waitress Brittany was awesome! Definitely a great place to go for a special occasion. We were celebrating our 39th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentRogerDined on 8/30/2014We were not disappointed - this is our new neighborhood favorite. Our (repeat) waiter CHRIS was outstanding - courteous, professional, patient, and polite - everything you could ask for. Dined with our son this time - men had steaks - my wife had their special of the night - the crab-meat stuffed salmon. She absolutely loved it. New discovery for us this visit - the Blue Cheese Chips (appetizer) was a great flavor and taste to start the casual evening. We will continue dining here regularly.Special Features:
- Couldn't have been worseSusanVIPDined on 8/29/2014Not sure where to start...the server who asked how we'd like the scallops cooked? She told us an appetizer had six pieces, when it arrived after our salads, but about 2 minutes before our entrees, which was about 1 hour 15 minutes after we arrived, and it only had two pieces?? The multitude of plates that sat on our table while the bus boy was busy clearing plates from tables where people had already left? The wrong cocktail being brought out, and my husband had to go to the bar to get another because the server was AWOL? The band who began in two thirds empty restaurant that was so loud you couldn't hear others at the table talking? Not sure what they're thinking, but this was perhaps the worst experience we've had in ages.
- Never disappointsAK47VIPDined on 8/27/2014I took a friend to City Gate who had never been there before. Her verdict? "Once again, you picked a winner! You always know the best places to go. I am so glad you suggested this. I will definitely tell more people about it. I never knew this was here" "Nuf said. This place rocks.Special Features:
- MarleyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent. Service was slow. We waited 15-20 minutes for a drink. We found out the waitress was new after talking to the manager. The management was very responsive and comped us a round of drinks and dessert. We would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable evening!AUGBDAYSDined on 8/16/2014We had wonderful waiters, both in the bar and in the restaurant. Very pleasant guys, with a good sense of humor. We were there for our August birthdays and were treated very special. We also went there last year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this hidden gem!AK47VIPDined on 8/14/2014I had yet another great dinner at the City Gate Grille. Kirsten, our server, was a delight. The food, as always, was fantastic. Love the roasted garlic and accompanying bread/crackers they give you free to start. Although the construction on Rt 59 is a bit inconvenient, it is well worth getting past it to find this place. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time a great time!CityHoppinVIPDined on 8/14/2014Thanks to the attentive staff and fantastic chefs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bit overpriced but great food :]QtpiDined on 8/11/2014Very beautiful scenery, splendid entrees and VERY friendly staff :) however the appetizers need to have more options for non fish loving people -.-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant FindluvdiningoutDined on 8/8/2014The food was outstanding, I had the filet 8 oz., husband had the ribeye, son had the filet, and daughter had the salmon special. Our server Pablo was very knowledgeable about the food and made some good recommendations. Dining area was very comfortable and not too loud. I would most definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion or just a nice dinner out. We will be dining there again.Special Features:
- Amazing!Daisy738Dined on 8/6/2014I found this restaurant online in a quick google search. I read over to menu and reviews. Everything looked pretty good. When my party got there we had amazing service and the food was to die for! Everything was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely the Best!LindyhopDined on 8/1/2014This was our third time dining at City Gate Grille over the past two months. The food and service are among the best in the Chicago area. Our compliments to Chef George and the entire restaurant staff for providing a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Good but NoisyToolieDined on 8/1/2014Service was excellent and food was good. The restaurant was noisy and we could hear the conversation at another table near us. This was a disappointment as my wife and I were trying to enjoy our dinner and have a conversation. Next time we go we will ask to be seated away from the window.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 745 reviews are from the CityGate Grille reviews archive.
- The First Time Won't be the Last!LadyQDined on 7/18/2014We had only been in Il for 2 weeks and wanted a romantic date spot. We decided to try City Grille and it did not disappoint! We were greeted by friendly, free valet service. Soothing, live music played and we entered to an amazing live band! There's a live band every Fri. and Sat. Our server quickly came to provide us with a wine/cocktail list. We both decided on cocktails. He had steak and I had salmon...lets just say we went home with no leftovers! DELICIOUS! 1st timers can send a text and for a free appetizer or dessert. They have daily specials like 5$ Martini Mondays and a late night menu. If you're looking for a romantic restaurant with great food and excellent service check out CityGrille, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DelightFreqFlyr2VIPDined on 7/18/2014Everything was just right- and the one item that wasn't was corrected immediately . Outstanding service . good food and a little limited wine list, but otherwise a treat at reasonable prices. Duck breast was absolutely perfect. Definitely requiring a repeatSpecial Features:
- great placeMarkVIPDined on 7/12/2014food is excellent and service great. Ask for Pablo to be your server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2014I travel and eat out regularly so I know good food. This restaurant has great quality food, presented well that tastes very good. Its hand down the best meal I have for weeks each time i've been. The chef is great, menu is good and wine list is even better.Special Features: