City Tavern - SouthPark
4331 Barclay Downs Dr
Charlotte, NC 28209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Tavern - SouthPark
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://city-tavern.com/
- Phone: 7044424000
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from City Tavern - SouthPark
City Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant located in Charlotte, NC, specializing in a casual, elegant atmosphere, with a menu that is simply irresistible. City Tavern offers a chef driven menu featuring comfort foods and crave items. In addition to our delicious menu, there is a full service bar complete with an extensive wine and martini list. Our wine list currently offers over 40 wines by the glass and our martini list boasts over 45 specialty martinis. Come visit one of Charlotte's Best Restaurants and take advantage of our daily dinner and drink specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Tavern - SouthPark reviews from OpenTable diners
- Yummo.GcloseDined on 4/18/2013They took very good care of our larger group. We had two servers for our group of 9 which made everything run smoothly. Thanks!Special Features:
- We were very impressed withCarlyVIPDined on 4/15/2013We were very impressed with the menu! The food was excellent. Perfect filet. great seafood. We were with a group of 4, and we all LOVED!! Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2013Great dinner with friends! You guys are getting better and better!Special Features:
- We brought our friends fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013We brought our friends from Huntersville with us. It was a pleasnat experience and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- FairOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013The food was just average. Presentation was nice. Not worth the $85 tab for two of us. nice atmosphere -Just wish the food had been better.Special Features:
- Loved it. They have a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013Loved it. They have a nice wait staff and great bar menu specials Mon. thru Fri. It was a nice experience.Special Features:
- great choices, service isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2013great choices, service is good, food was flavorful, would recommend.Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE . IT WASPILOT2Dined on 2/14/2013GREAT EXPERIENCE . IT WAS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY CELEBRATION. WE'LL DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/12/2013had an enjoyable evening, great service, very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Very Bad experience. I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013Very Bad experience. I had made reservations (party of 9) and still had to wait 35 minutes for the table. Then, we were seated at a table which was empty since we walked in. Food was warm at best. Service was poor. Provided feedback to hostess on way out and she offered to get the manager. Then, waited another 5 minute for the manager. Finally just left. A disappointment. I have visited City Tavern many times at other locations. The experience was always pleasant and the food was good.
- Enjoyed dinner. Server waskensVIPDined on 2/7/2013Enjoyed dinner. Server was friendly and had good suggestions. Food was excellent and well portioned. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The Food Was "Meh"MrsDVIPDined on 2/5/2013Nothing special. I wished our waitress had remembered my husband's glass of wine instead of asking us repeatedly if everything was ok. Don't understand this trend. If something's not right, trust me, we'll tell you.
- Great dinnerAppreciateGoodFoodDined on 2/4/2013First visit. My wife and I enjoyed attentive service, good presentation, and excellent food. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Furnishings need updatingMiltonVIPDined on 2/2/2013We went for Restaurant Week and the food was delicious, especially the fish entree. Really like the big open feel of the restaurant and large bar area, but we felt like the restaurant was on a "casual" side with bland (loud) flooring and casual chairs/tables. Seemed more like a family restaurant instead of nicer dining. The private dining rooms looked much fancier and had us wanting to sit in there instead.Special Features:
- So Glad I Didn't Miss This Treat.SunnySideUp14Dined on 2/1/2013City Tavern is one of my most favorite restaurants - for lunch, for dinner, for brunch, or to just have a drink at the bar. Had dinner with my daughter on Friday, February 1, which was still part of Restaurant Week. The food was absolutely wonderful, of course. I stepped out of my "comfort zone" and ordered things I usually don't order.....what a delightful surprise. Every bite I took was a culinary treat.Special Features:
- It was ok. Brunch menu wasJazzVIPDined on 1/27/2013It was ok. Brunch menu was disappointing. Food quality was in line with average pub food.Special Features:
- Server was surprised to seekristykVIPDined on 1/20/2013Server was surprised to see us. He acted like he had no clue what was going on when he looked passed us at the hostess. Told us the restaurant week menu was a great deal. He lied. The appetizers were for for only one person. Really. The bacon wrapped scallops were literally an inch in diameter and only TWO on the plate. Our food in general took a very long time. I order the pan roasted duck, which came out barely warm and a little dry. Another person in my party asked if he could substitute the asparagus for something else. The serve told him no, flat out, thats the way it comes. Wow. It's safe to say that if City Tavern doesn't want my return business, then I will have no choice but to tell ALL of my friends about my experience.
- Food was very good - serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Food was very good - service was not. Several minutes after we were seated, a server approached and asked if anyone was helping us. When we said no, he said he guessed he would. And that was about how it went. All around unprofessional staff. Large open room with lots of noise. Our waiter gave us a card for a free appetizer by way of apology. And the meal tasted very good.
- Went for brunch. We were oneYummyyummyDined on 1/6/2013Went for brunch. We were one of only 4 or 5 tables. Dining room was very chilly. Eggs Benedict was served almost cold and service was slow. The location is great for us, but I doubt we will go back based on our brunch.
- This is a VERY LOUD restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 1/5/2013This is a VERY LOUD restaurant. Despite having an 8pm reservation, we had to wait 20 minutes for a table. The hostess blamed OpenTable, saying "OpenTable didn't communicate with us correctly" which I thought was odd since I saw clearly on her screen my name and the reservation time. People who didn't have a reservation but were on the wait list were then seated before us despite the fact that the hostess told us we would be seated as soon as the next table opened up. Service was exceptionally slow, despite the fact that the restaurant cleared out shortly after we were seated. Food was fine, nothing spectacular. We won't be going back.
- Food was good, but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2013Food was good, but not great. Service not so great. Our server couldn't even recommend a meal. For the money we paid, we expected a little more.
- We heard mixed reviews onOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/5/2013We heard mixed reviews on City Tavern so we thought to give it a try. The restaurant seemed empty, could use a little more tables to fill the space. The food was ok, typical bar food as far as appetizers go, kind of reminded me of a TGIF's. The service was horrible. They had two large parties which the staff seemed more focused on, more servers were needed. The restaurant and kitchen were not well prepared for that at all. We asked the hostess for more water...we watched as she went back to her stand to look for a server. Needless to say she did not bring us water, and we had to ask three more people. We will not be going back. Restaurants have been hard to come by in this area, I think they are on the third one in the last year?
- The food was good, the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012The food was good, the atmosphere was not what I expected for a romantic New Years Eve dinner.Special Features:
- Nice time and good, if notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012Nice time and good, if not memorable food. Good variety for all comers. Attentive service.Special Features:
- The food and atmosphere wereLuvitVIPDined on 12/29/2012The food and atmosphere were great. Our waiter, Alex, was a wonderful resource regarding explaining the menu; and he also provided impeccable service. Excellent evening out!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/28/2012Food was quite good; service was only fair. Server's attitude was good but he was slow to bring drinks, food, refills, etc.
- Server was great and attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/28/2012Server was great and attentive. Food was delicious but mine wasn't hot when it arrived. Still was delicious. Atmosphere seriously lacking with cement floors like they weren't finished with interior. I would recommend with condition of atmosphere.Special Features:
- Twice and done.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/27/2012Had high hopes for this restaurant. Food is just not good. Bar and simple bar food dishes are probably your best bet.
- Food is OK but nothing toItalianFoodie1VIPDined on 12/26/2012Food is OK but nothing to go out of your way for. Great bar scene and convenient mall location make it an easy place to meet up for lunch or early dinners. Service is good so long as you don't eat there during a really busy lunch or dinner rush period,Special Features:
- Food was very good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Food was very good, but service was very slow. Evidently plated food was in the kitchen for quite a while - all were not hot, but one plate was cold and gravy had congealed. It was sent back but returned not much better.Special Features:
- It wasn't busy enough thatLisaVIPDined on 12/22/2012It wasn't busy enough that the service was so lacking. Not only was the service slow but the server had zero personality. The food was okay, nothing great.
- Always a PleasurencsumotherVIPDined on 12/18/2012Had another great experience at The Village Tavern. Always feel so welcomed. The service is very attentive and the food is attractive and tasty. Special shout out to the bartender, Cools (Stephen Richardson). A master at his craft!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shoppers' respite near South ParkbookladyVIPDined on 12/8/2012A nice list of wines by the glass for a place that you might expect to cater to beer drinkers. Also a nice variety of lunch choices (omelettes and other brunch items on Saturday and Sunday), salads, sandwiches, entrees, wraps, etc. Quite a few side dishes available--I chose to have a side of mac' and cheese but the restaurant also offers "gourmet cole slaw" and a number of other items. Service was quite good.Special Features:
- Went on a Thursday night atOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/29/2012Went on a Thursday night at 7:30 and there were 5 tables of people in the huge dining area, still got lackluster service.
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012The service was excellent. The food was just okay. We started with three apps. The hummus was good. The chicken egg rools and fried asparagus were tasty but not much food for the price. Four half rolls and four stalks. Both cost about 8 dollars each. for my entree i had the chicken with mushrooms. Two pieces of very thin chicken breasts. the chicken was pretty plain, almost like it had been boiled and then the sauce put on top. served with mashed potatoes and veggies whcih were pretty good.Special Features:
- Absolutely did not stay -feelbadformyguestsVIPDined on 11/9/2012Absolutely did not stay - atmosphere in need of an interior architect - sterile - reminded us of a bad wedding at the hyatt or hampton inn conference room.. yuck.
- First time at this location,BobbyDined on 10/28/2012First time at this location, but like the other locations, good food,good service and a great experience!
- Can't go wrong!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/26/2012Excellent service and great food. You can't go wrong choosing City Tavern.Special Features:
- Very acceptable. NothingeLCieVIPDined on 10/25/2012Very acceptable. Nothing amazing but consistently good.
- Definitely stop byFinickyNYCFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2012Nice outdoor dining and lovely servers. Food is good, moderately priced. Lovely sverers.Special Features: