City Streets Restaurant
249 Lexington Street
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Streets Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citystreetsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7816472489
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from City Streets Restaurant
At City Streets, the Restaurant & Pub will feature photographs of some of the most memorable streets and landmarks around the world and surrounding local areas. The menu will have American contemporary offerings as well as specials from all of the varied cultural identities of the community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Streets Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were a table of 16, andKenSDined on 9/29/2012We were a table of 16, and the service was great! A varied menu, from apps to sandwiches, to entrees, to desserts. A full beer 'menu,' too. Energetic describes it best. Not a romantic hideaway, but a fun place with good food and great service.Special Features:
- First time at this restaurant;FullPlateVIPDined on 8/17/2012First time at this restaurant; we were trying to find a restaurant where we could make a reservation and make a 7:30 theater time nearby. Fit our needs very well - ample parking, seated right away, excellent and friendly service, very good food. We'll be back.
- Owner sat us and chatted,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Owner sat us and chatted, very nice - food was all very good - steak tips and stuffed burgers great - very crowded parking lot and tiny "outdoor dining" section fenced off in the parking lotSpecial Features:
- We had an impromptu birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012We had an impromptu birthday dinner here with 16 family members (kids included), and it was great! They were very helpful, and we even got our own space in one of the side rooms. Everyone loved the food, even the kids who are usually picky eaters.Special Features:
- The staff was very friendlyDaisyVIPDined on 7/28/2012The staff was very friendly however the food was just ok. My husband and ordered the same entree; his was steaming hot but mine was only luke warm. With so many great restaurant choices in Waltham, this one just can't compete.
- Food was decent, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2012Food was decent, but service was very slow. They also made a mistake with my order, but they did a great job rectifying the situtaion and fixing it very quickly.
- Great place for a group, likeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2012Great place for a group, like after a softball game
- We had a large group whichNewtonMomDined on 7/15/2012We had a large group which included 3 children. They easily accommodated our needs. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The salads are especially good. There was not much business on a Sunday evening, which allowed us to sit for a while and chat without feeling rushed.Special Features:
- New on the scene... BetweenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2012New on the scene... Between health club and mufler shlp...with easy parking...then enter to either sports bar area or more elegant sunny dining room..salads soup of the day an sandwiches were better tban expected. Many unusual dishes with clever combinations. Must return!Special Features:
- Reasonable prices, decentFirsttimerVIPDined on 6/25/2012Reasonable prices, decent food and service. Worthwhile trying.
- All you can eat wings forJohnVIPDined on 6/11/2012All you can eat wings for only $5.00. What else can I say! What a treat. Next time I go on a Monday, I will make sure I am hungry. But, there are many other things on the menu that I would like to try as well. Think I may go back tonight.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2012This was our first visit to Ciry Streets and we very much enjoyed ourselves. Nice, easy lot with parking. Ramp right up to front door made it easy to navigate with a stroller. Super friendly guy manning the host stand. Quickly seated us and made sure that we were comfortable with the table choice. Our friendly server promptly arrived to take drink and app order. Loved the drink menu, great summer drinks! Their menu is a mix of yummy comfort and pub foods. Many things looked appaealing to us, I'm sure we will be back to try other things soon! Nice that the manager (or owner) stopped by table to chat and see how things were - which is always nice.Special Features:
- Staff was very friendly andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/3/2012Staff was very friendly and quick service. Would come back again!Special Features:
- Loved it. Had an AmericanJohnVIPDined on 5/22/2012Loved it. Had an American Stuffed Cheeseburger which was amazing. It was kind of early so not crowded and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- We were there for dinner onNewtonMomDined on 3/17/2012We were there for dinner on St. Patrick's Day. Our food arrived quickly; everyone enjoyed the shared appetizers and their individual meals. The entree salads were large. The fish portions were also quite generous - enough for leftovers. There was music in the room and at least 1 TV playing a basketball game, but the noise level was not too loud. It was easy to have a conversation around the large booth we were sitting in. Most of the tables in our area were occupied and the bar looked filled as well. As we were leaving, there was a DJ starting to play music in one of the other rooms.Special Features:
- We went on a Tuesday eveningNewtonMomDined on 3/13/2012We went on a Tuesday evening and were just about the only ones in the dining room area. There were many more people in the bar area (they had trivia from 8 - 10 pm). The food was good, the service was good, and we were allowed to sit there for quite a while after finishing our meal to catch up with our friends. Since there were so few customers in the dining room, our daughter could dance to the music from the bar and watch sports on the 3 TVs on the wall.Special Features:
- It was better than my expectation.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/9/2012It was better than my expectation. We will be back.Special Features:
- Surprising Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012I loved City Streets because the service was great and friendly, the food was ALL fresh, and it has some interesting and tasty menu items -- arancini and steak salad with bacon! -- that came quickly and hot. It's tucked away off the street, so the casual ambiance in both location and interior was less than their menu and service would suggest. Don't let that sway you from trying this place. It's a warm, friendly sports bar a notch or two above what you'll find elsewhere in Waltham. Another pleasant surprise: an interesting beer selection. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- The staff was really friendly.MattDined on 11/11/2011The staff was really friendly. Food was ok, stuffed burger could have been better, not enough mac and cheese!
- Be prepared to waitmikebVIPDined on 11/4/2011Went there on a Friday night and even though the place was fairly empty, we still waited for waitress to bring food, to bring check, etc.
- The restaurant was clean andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2011The restaurant was clean and modern and we had favorable expectations having viewed the menu on-line, but the food was mixed from poor (calamari & salad) to very good (fish & chips and lentil & Italian sausage soup). We arrived at 11:30 not realizing they opened at noon. They were nice enought to accommodate us with a table, but even counting from noon, the "soup first" was a long time coming, but was plentiful & delicious. The salad (name forgotten) was supposed to include slices of apples, candied nuts, and craisins but had no apples, only a few craisins, and 3 candied nuts. Unfortunately by the time this was realized amid the tons of greens, we didn't have the time to say anything. The calamari was overcooked, dry and tastelessSpecial Features:
- Great menu with lots of variety,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2011Great menu with lots of variety, something for everyone.Special Features:
- We had to leave after orderingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2011We had to leave after ordering a drink. They didn't have many of the items listed on the menu.
- We found the food and theJeffDined on 9/10/2011We found the food and the service both exceptional and will go back again. There are three section of the restaurant - a bar area and a table are for the young and loud crowd, and a third section that's surprisingly quiet for families and couples. We were there as a family on a Saturday night, and while the bar was hopping with college kids, we had a quiet and pleasant meal on the other side. The chicken pot pie and the salads were to die for. The service was prompt and friendly, and they accomodated some dietary challenges (gluten and lactose free) very well. The one thing they should fix is the decor, which is really humdrum and could easily be spiced up. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Menu covers lots of ground,pwbeantownDined on 9/10/2011Menu covers lots of ground, from Thai to Italian to Creole. The jambalaya with pasta was good, though missing the kielbasa mentioned in the menu--moist chunks of chicken, large, firm, properly cooked shrimp, red & green peppers & pasta. The bar was packed--Saturday night sports and group events. My wife's salad was good, but not exceptional. The restaurant is next to (affiliated with?) a health club. Decor is pretty ordinary--the city street photos promoted on their web site aren't up yet. I would be pleased to find this type of place when I'm on the road, but as a local place it's not special enough for us to go back often.Special Features:
- Staff was friendly and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/3/2011Staff was friendly and very attentive with a really nice waitress but the food was mediocre and The ambience and setting were not attractive
- A little disappointed, TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2011A little disappointed, The food is o.k. the atmosphere is good. Didn't like the crumbs all over the floor. Great location can only hope they pay attention to the food, a step up would be nice. Probably will try it again. The owner was very attentive which was great.Special Features:
- Heard this was a new restaurantFairVIPDined on 7/28/2011Heard this was a new restaurant in town, decided to go with a large group (8) from work during our lunch hour. It was very quiet there. Although the food was excellent, the service was really slow. We waited a long time before I had to get up and tell the server we were ready to order. He was nice but the food took forever and most of the french fries fell off everyone's plate on the floor before they even got the food. The owner Rob then came out and introduced himself and was super nice and friendly and gave us a coupon for our next visit. We will return, hoping it is not as slow next time! Food however was delicious and would recommend to check it out.
- Service was excellent! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2011Service was excellent! We ordered the Calamari and Wings as appetizers and both were delicious. The kids enjoyed the Mac and Cheese. We ordered the stuff Mediterranean and Cajun burgers...I didnt particularly like the thickness of the Ciabatta bread..also the patti could have been flavored better (more salt). Desert was delicious. Overall we enjoyed the experience and we would go there again. The restaurant is new and well maintained (clean).Special Features:
- This is a nice new place.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/14/2011This is a nice new place. The staff was very friendly and the menu was varied. I great new find.Special Features:
- Was looking forward to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2011Was looking forward to the wings that a few Yelpers were mentioning. Hostess seated us promptly to a half filled dining room. Servers and bus people were working but did not look slammed. We sat at our table for at least ten minutes while the servers and bus people passed right by our table several times without greeting us even if it was to say that they were busy and will be right with us. This is called managing expectations through communication. A very common restaurant industry technique when one is busy.We got up and relayed our dissapointment to the hostess. I rated 1 star for food because I had to put something in to register the review. Did not get a chance to try the food.
- City Streets will be the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2011City Streets will be the place to go, very sleek and clean, staff is great and food is good.Special Features:
- Potential to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/27/2011Was so excited to try this place and what a disappointment. The beer and crab rangoon dip was good but every other dish fell short. The burgers were mushy and tasteless, string green beans were undercooked and still had the ends on the tips. Steak tips were lacking flavor. Great potential, but still needs to develop its flavors and attention to detail. The presentation of the dishes was also very well presented.Special Features:
- This is a brand new restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2011This is a brand new restaurant. I had went with my boyfriend the night before and liked my meal. I got Mac & Cheese that night and it was amazing. For an appetizer we got Chicken Fingers with their City Sauce on it, which was a recommendation of our waiter. They were so tasty! The following night I went there with 10 friends. I got the sirloin tips. They were cooked to my liking, tender, and had a really nice marinade! All of my friends enjoyed their meals. The restaurant was spotless. They waiter was the same both nights I went, and he was on top of things. Never waited for a refill on the beverages, and was very friendly. The bar area filled up quickly, and although it was really busy both times, it was not overly loud. I will be back!Special Features:
- This place was only open forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2011This place was only open for one week when we went and we we had great service and the food was quite tasty and very wel preparedSpecial Features: