City Oyster & Sushi Bar
213 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Oyster & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cityoysterdelray.com/
- Phone: (561) 272-0220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Brunch Saturday & Sunday -11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Teixeira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from City Oyster & Sushi Bar
City Oyster & Sushi Bar is a classic American seafood restaurant. The seafood at City Oyster arrives fresh daily from local purveyors and from fisheries in the Northeast. It's flown in each morning and filleted in City Oysters kitchen. Some of the more popular dishes are the Yellowtail Snapper Filet, Crab Stuffed Shrimp, Sake and Sesame Seared Tuna, Alaskan King Crab Legs, and Housemade Pasta of the Day. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all tasty. The award winning wine list offers a huge selection that can be sampled by the bottle or glass. City Oyster offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Atlantic Avenue. City Oyster, simple, fresh and delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
City Oyster & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
City Oyster & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (58)fit for foodies (50)vibrant bar scene (49)hot spot (45)neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (30)notable wine list (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (19)scenic view (15)great for brunch (14)romantic (14)late-night find (8)Show More
- Not pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2014Usually don't complain. But the service ruined my monthly brunch experience with my girlfriends, the service was awful. Waitress so rude and barely attentive. Food was cold really quick. Although we did sit outside. I'm surprised it took less then 5 min. Nothing special at all. Wouldn't go back to brunch.Special Features:
- Good ambiance, but served overcooked seafoodGatorDined on 11/22/2014We were looking for a good seafood restaurant in Delray Beach. We started with Wine and an appetizer. The smoked fish spread was good, but not great. The crackers were homemade and unique. The smoked fish was nothing special. Next we had a salad with blue cheese which was fresh with an excellent vinaigrette dressing. The bread was also excellent. We learned alter they have their own bakery upstairs. Next we ordered Grouper with shrimp and we were very disappointed that is was over cooked. It was like they put it in the oven after it was done. Maybe it sat under a warmer before serving it. Either way it was tough and chewy. At $35 a plate, i expect it to be cooked correctly. Overall, the service was great, ambiance was great, and the wine was good. I just don't like overcooked seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hourluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 11/19/2014Everything is discounted by 50% on happy hour (no bar bites though). The swordfish was excellent. The scallops and pasta special was a bit on the salty side (just the scallops). The service was stellar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a Good timeUnhappyperosnDined on 11/15/2014was my 1st time there. Sat down ordered drink and food Food and drink came and never saw server again till we waved her down foe the check 1 hour later. Never asked if wanted another drink or anything. Manage just stood in back and played on cell all night Lovely place but will no be back sad to saySpecial Features:
- Amazing as always!WendyDavisVIPDined on 11/15/2014This place always treats their opentable guests as VIP. On a crowded Saturday lunch, our outside table was waiting for us...and we were 15 minutes EARLY! The chicken paillard and fish tacos were both amazing! Our server was too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Everything exceeded expectations, could not have been happier with both our meal and service, definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is one of our fav places!KatSDined on 11/8/2014This is a great place! Whenever someone comes to town City Oyster is our first choice for dinner! Food is always good, its not to loud so its a good place to catch up with friends and the menu has something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The Food is absolutely amazing. We have been there twice and I can honestly say that it is the best overall experience at a restaurant in a long time. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerLiznVBDined on 11/6/2014After getting recommendations from a few locals, we decided to give City Oyster a try. It didn't disappoint. We had some stone crab claws that were delicious but their sauce didn't hold a candle to Joes mustard sauce. I had the scallops which were beautifully prepared with a scrumptious lemon herb sauce. Had the chocolate lava cake for dessert and loved it. Waitress was sweet enough but a little to chatty about herself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grest for birthday celebrationAmoreDined on 11/6/2014I have celebrated my last 10 birthdays here with Surf and Turf as main course and sushi as a starter.Special Features:
- Superb, As Usual!PeggyDined on 11/5/2014Food is Fantastic, Service is Splendid and Atmosphere is Awe-Inspiring!Special Features:
- 2 timesRanchBVIPDined on 11/2/2014We had dinner here twice sitting outside oysters were superb and the waiter was great. Recommend to allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryTerryVIPDined on 11/2/2014This place has gotten better with draft beers and sushi. Sushi was fresh but very cold so may have been pre done and refrigerated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 1st time there.cllumsVIPDined on 10/31/2014Our 1st time there. Was so noisy you could not hear yourself think. Made a reservation for dinner asked for outside, but was told did not have any tables. But yet the short time we sat at a table inside the restaurant the outside tables had not been filled. Decided after the appetizer came to just eat it and leave. We went elsewhere for dinner.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 10/30/2014Always fun to secure an outdoor table and watch the parade of folks up and down atlantic ave! Excellent service from Matteo who said our choice of the seared tuna was the best on the menu. Came with baby bok choc and an ibteresring corn relish. Menu of sushi is extensive but rather oriceySpecial Features:
- hipgal1Dined on 10/26/2014Good food and friendly bar and wait staff. Always a pleasure to eat at the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneMimiVIPDined on 10/25/2014Brought out of town friends for the first time. Loved everything!Special Features:
- Loud upbeat restaurantkimbDined on 10/23/2014We enjoyed our food. Waitress was very nice and attentive Four of us dining and we all had seafood and enjoyed it. Noise level was way too high so we rushed through our meal to get out of there. The price you pay you should be able to relax and savor your dinner but not possible here!! We will not go back for dinner. Maybe a quick lunch but there are many other great choices in the area. Try someplace elseSpecial Features:
- Soooo noisyFishfaceDined on 10/22/2014Uncomfortable dinner. The noise level from the bar was outrageous. I dont plan on going back to this restaurant any time soon as the noise level was ridiculously loud. The food was really good but the wait for it was a little too long. Our wait person just kept on telling us that our food would "be out next". Too many other good restaurants in Delray Beach to have to put up with that level of noise.Special Features:
- Food superb. Diverse choice.LbroVIPDined on 10/21/2014We Had Scallops, Mahi Mahi and Yellow Tail Snapper. Sushi/Sahimi appetizer good. Raw Oysters excellent. Drinks top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant on the Avenue!jolen0623VIPDined on 10/17/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at City Oyster. We ate outside at a table that was NOT directly on the sidewalk, yet able to see the Avenue happenings. Our waiter was fabulous, very knowledgable about each dish and very friendly. The calamari appetizer was the best we've every had - lightly breaded and very large rings that were the MOST tender ever! Just LOVED our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service always goodDelrayDined on 10/11/2014We eat here whenever we are going to Delray. The food is always good. I just wonder why they always give us a poor table location when the restaurant is only 1/4 full. This time we were right next to the wait staff station, where they stand and talk. Not a relaxing dinner ambiance. Make sure to ask to be moved, which they will do with a frown. In this case, she refused us a both even though there were several open and others with only 2 seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great!!!RobbinVIPDined on 9/27/2014Extremely noises. Hostess wouldn't sit us outside. Offered us a terrible table. Sushi was just ok. I'm from ny remember!!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We really enjoy going to City Oyster. The seafood is fresh and the service is great.Special Features:
- Consistent and FabulousSubprimeDined on 9/23/2014On average I'm there about once a month and taking my clients there as it's their favorite place in Delray to go. Ambiance is always great and the vibe is really good. Staff has always been to notch and very helpful and insightful with the menu and wine list. Great high end quality food at reasonable prices. Gotta check out the sushi bar and if there is room, make way for some desert and after dinner drinks as you just don't want to leave. Gotta be sure to go there.Special Features:
- so so mealRonaldDined on 9/20/2014the food was just ok but certainly not worth the price we paid for the entrees. We have eaten in many other places that charge the same for entrees and where the food was much better tasting..
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/7/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here. Excellent execution, timing, presentation, service. A bit on the pricey side, but excellent quality. They do a great job with crabmeat... lump crab cocktail and crabcake highly recommended.
- ExcellentTND49erDined on 9/5/2014The service was outstanding and our server very knowledgeable about the menu with insightful recommendations. The food from the raw bar thru the entrees was perfectly prepared and pleasingly presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong night to revisitbillwpbDined on 8/31/2014ate at city oyster for the first time in about two years. the place was packed on a sunday night the day before Labor Day. Had to wait 30 minutes past my reservation time to get a table. The waiter did the best he could considering the crowd,but the food was extremely slow, there was no attention to detail at all. City Oyster is usually pretty consistent, but everyone seemed overwhelmed to me. I wont go back unless it is much less crowded.Special Features:
- OutstandingqualitypleaseVIPDined on 8/31/2014Another wonderful dining experience at city oyster, our favourite restaurant in Delray.Special Features:
- The Best!FrequeDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten here 1/2 a dozen times. I am an oyster lover. I had the Bluepoint oysters last week and they were incredible! Our server was incredible!Special Features:
- Excellent vacation spot!Lovethebeach62Dined on 8/23/2014City Oyster is a wonderful restaurant in Delray Beach Florida! The food choices were awesome. Freshness , flavor and outstanding preparation ruled! The extensive wine list was impressive. Service was outstanding even though it was a very busy Saturday night! The waitstaff was top notch and charming .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerDebbieDined on 8/18/2014I dined with my family and friends our last evening in Florida. We all enjoyed our meal and the waiter was charming. Even my 12yo very picky eater son ate the shrimp cocktail for dinner. He could have had a hamburger if he wanted. The rest of us ordered some sort of seafood entrée and everyone was pleased with their selection. We would eat their again. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and the weather was lovely so we sat outside. Great people watching scenery.Special Features:
- Gaining a reputationBocaBoomerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Thiis was my second venture in as many mo nths to this restaurant. I scouted the menu and service in advance of tonight's dinner with thewives. They did not disappoint. Their selection of oyster offerrings was varied and intriuging. for the second time I chose one of the daily specials, home made pasta noodles with shrimp, delectibly served. Service was attentive throughout dinner. I'm a believer and will be back.Special Features:
- Great spotJuanpablo23Dined on 8/12/2014Great place for a nice dinner, great sushi the special of the day are always great, service is A+ pricing is ok not to crazy but not cheap either. Not very loud easy to talk to the person next to youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good but also loudTmq54VIPDined on 8/8/2014Dinner here on a Friday night at 6:30 p.m. Great as usual but but the elderly couple we were with definitely didn't enjoy. Of course, it was happy hour at the bar so am sure that contributed to the rambunctious crowd. Food excellent as always though.Special Features:
- FoodsophcriticDined on 8/5/2014Food Quality high. Service excellent, and food presentation excellentSpecial Features:
- The following 526 reviews are from the City Oyster & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- Too much noiseMarcoVIPDined on 7/28/2014Mediocre food with ok service at high prices for the small portions in a very loud atmosphere. Will not go back
- Fabulous NightTmq54VIPDined on 7/19/201420th Anniversary for my husband and me. Dinner was incredible, service spectacular and the manager offered a complimentary dessert for us. We had the special salad (seafood), each a seafood entre and then the dessert was a coconut rum raisin pie that was out of this world. It was a special but definitely should be added to the regular pie list. Our server was happy and pleasant and really loves her job! Positive experience all around.Special Features:
- Consistent!GourmetVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service! The only "problem" is the noise factor, since it's difficult to hold a conversation. However, it's lively, fun, and consistent where it counts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.