City Oyster & Sushi Bar
213 East Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Oyster & Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cityoysterdelray.com/
- Phone: 561-272-0220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dennis Teixeira
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from City Oyster & Sushi Bar
City Oyster & Sushi Bar is a classic American seafood restaurant. The seafood at City Oyster arrives fresh daily from local purveyors and from fisheries in the Northeast. It's flown in each morning and filleted in City Oysters kitchen. Some of the more popular dishes are the Yellowtail Snapper Filet, Crab Stuffed Shrimp, Sake and Sesame Seared Tuna, Alaskan King Crab Legs, and Housemade Pasta of the Day. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all tasty. The award winning wine list offers a huge selection that can be sampled by the bottle or glass. City Oyster offers outdoor sidewalk dining in the center of the action on Atlantic Avenue. City Oyster, simple, fresh and delicious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
City Oyster & Sushi Bar - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
City Oyster & Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (53)vibrant bar scene (51)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (32)good for groups (25)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (16)romantic (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not so great!!!RobbinVIPDined on 9/27/2014Extremely noises. Hostess wouldn't sit us outside. Offered us a terrible table. Sushi was just ok. I'm from ny remember!!!
- Consistent and FabulousSubprimeDined on 9/23/2014On average I'm there about once a month and taking my clients there as it's their favorite place in Delray to go. Ambiance is always great and the vibe is really good. Staff has always been to notch and very helpful and insightful with the menu and wine list. Great high end quality food at reasonable prices. Gotta check out the sushi bar and if there is room, make way for some desert and after dinner drinks as you just don't want to leave. Gotta be sure to go there.Special Features:
- so so mealRonaldDined on 9/20/2014the food was just ok but certainly not worth the price we paid for the entrees. We have eaten in many other places that charge the same for entrees and where the food was much better tasting..
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/7/2014Really enjoyed our dinner here. Excellent execution, timing, presentation, service. A bit on the pricey side, but excellent quality. They do a great job with crabmeat... lump crab cocktail and crabcake highly recommended.
- ExcellentTND49erDined on 9/5/2014The service was outstanding and our server very knowledgeable about the menu with insightful recommendations. The food from the raw bar thru the entrees was perfectly prepared and pleasingly presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wrong night to revisitbillwpbDined on 8/31/2014ate at city oyster for the first time in about two years. the place was packed on a sunday night the day before Labor Day. Had to wait 30 minutes past my reservation time to get a table. The waiter did the best he could considering the crowd,but the food was extremely slow, there was no attention to detail at all. City Oyster is usually pretty consistent, but everyone seemed overwhelmed to me. I wont go back unless it is much less crowded.Special Features:
- OutstandingqualitypleaseVIPDined on 8/31/2014Another wonderful dining experience at city oyster, our favourite restaurant in Delray.Special Features:
- The Best!FrequeDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten here 1/2 a dozen times. I am an oyster lover. I had the Bluepoint oysters last week and they were incredible! Our server was incredible!Special Features:
- Excellent vacation spot!Lovethebeach62Dined on 8/23/2014City Oyster is a wonderful restaurant in Delray Beach Florida! The food choices were awesome. Freshness , flavor and outstanding preparation ruled! The extensive wine list was impressive. Service was outstanding even though it was a very busy Saturday night! The waitstaff was top notch and charming .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerDebbieDined on 8/18/2014I dined with my family and friends our last evening in Florida. We all enjoyed our meal and the waiter was charming. Even my 12yo very picky eater son ate the shrimp cocktail for dinner. He could have had a hamburger if he wanted. The rest of us ordered some sort of seafood entrée and everyone was pleased with their selection. We would eat their again. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and the weather was lovely so we sat outside. Great people watching scenery.Special Features:
- Gaining a reputationBocaBoomerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Thiis was my second venture in as many mo nths to this restaurant. I scouted the menu and service in advance of tonight's dinner with thewives. They did not disappoint. Their selection of oyster offerrings was varied and intriuging. for the second time I chose one of the daily specials, home made pasta noodles with shrimp, delectibly served. Service was attentive throughout dinner. I'm a believer and will be back.Special Features:
- Great spotJuanpablo23Dined on 8/12/2014Great place for a nice dinner, great sushi the special of the day are always great, service is A+ pricing is ok not to crazy but not cheap either. Not very loud easy to talk to the person next to youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good but also loudTmq54VIPDined on 8/8/2014Dinner here on a Friday night at 6:30 p.m. Great as usual but but the elderly couple we were with definitely didn't enjoy. Of course, it was happy hour at the bar so am sure that contributed to the rambunctious crowd. Food excellent as always though.Special Features:
- FoodsophcriticDined on 8/5/2014Food Quality high. Service excellent, and food presentation excellentSpecial Features:
- Too much noiseMarcoVIPDined on 7/28/2014Mediocre food with ok service at high prices for the small portions in a very loud atmosphere. Will not go back
- Fabulous NightTmq54VIPDined on 7/19/201420th Anniversary for my husband and me. Dinner was incredible, service spectacular and the manager offered a complimentary dessert for us. We had the special salad (seafood), each a seafood entre and then the dessert was a coconut rum raisin pie that was out of this world. It was a special but definitely should be added to the regular pie list. Our server was happy and pleasant and really loves her job! Positive experience all around.Special Features:
- Consistent!GourmetVIPDined on 7/18/2014Great food and service! The only "problem" is the noise factor, since it's difficult to hold a conversation. However, it's lively, fun, and consistent where it counts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SushiluvfoodDined on 7/15/2014We celebrated my son's 21st birthday at this restaurant. Our waiter and the quality of the sushi made the experience memorable. Otherwise, the restaurant is a bit eclectic, with both a Japanese and Italian menu, but the ambiance and feel of a sports bar/saloon. All 6 of us ordered sushi. The special of the day, which was 9 pieces of sashimi with a shrimp tempura roll, was a great bargain, but the other entrees appeared a little over-priced.Special Features:
- great celebrationdebbieDined on 7/13/2014We decided to celebrate our 34th anniversary at City Oyster. Great decision! Excellent service, wonderful food! Overall great dining experience.Special Features:
- Loud and overpriced!AnanaDined on 7/12/2014Took my grandma for nice Saturday night dinner out. Food came in very small portions and the prices were outrageous compared to what they gave you. People at the bar were so loud we couldn't even talk to each other.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014My wife and I love The vibe of Delray Beach; so much that we drive from Miami to enjoy everything that it has to offer. City Oyster & Sushi Bar is our favorite restaurant in Delray and it's worth the drive; excellent food, service and atmosphere, what more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot the Staff is WonderfullCharliedogDined on 7/5/2014The food and the staff are always great. We have been customers for a long time. The patio is open on to Atlantic Avenue and getting to watch the trains go by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliable...1HillsboroBeachVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food is consistently good. First visit for lunch, and it did not disappoint. Service was just fair. Server needs to learn to check on her tables more often. Hard to get a glass of water.Special Features:
- Good Spot for "First Date"PeterTDined on 6/27/2014While I'd been to City Oyster before for Sunday Brunch with friends (great value), this was the first dinner I'd eaten there. On top of it, the occasion was a first date. It was an excellent experience with attentive wait staff, extensive selection of small plates and even a molten chocolate cake for dessert. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good food -neighborhood gemhar123VIPDined on 6/27/2014The food is very good. Service is just fair. Prices high. Not terribly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gastro HappinessBocaBoomerVIPDined on 6/24/2014This was my first meal at this seafood themed eatery. The blue point oysters I had as an appetizer were tasty and non-briny. My entre was a 'special' pasta dish consisting of home made flat noodles, shrimp, sausage and vegtables expertly blended. The portion size was impressive. Service was attentive,refilling beverage and water glasses before they were empty. An excellent dinng experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We were really excited about this place, a lot of great reviews. The service was good, but the food disappointing, way tooo salty and the steak tough, presentation sloppy.
- OmegalumpVIPDined on 6/13/2014This place was awesome and the food OMG the best! I would eat there at least once a month as my wife also really enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Great dinnerPennieDined on 6/9/2014Had a very tasty dinner. Server was excellent, even offered a few choices that were off the menu. We were there for their half price bottle of wine Mondays which made the meal an excellent value.Special Features:
- Great place for a dateguitarmiolDined on 6/3/2014We had 2 dozen oysters, ceviche (mostly raw tuna and guacamole), a bottle or (red) zinfandel, and the chocolate-peanutter butter pie for dessert. Absolutely delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 509 reviews are from the City Oyster & Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- good food, pathetic servicebrianVIPDined on 6/3/2014The waiter was a total dud. it pained me to leave 20 percent. he didn't come close to deserving it
- Always a fun brunch spot!FunFoodieDined on 6/1/2014City Oyster has become my girlfriends' and my favorite place to do brunch. We are now up to 3x a month on Sundays, and it never disappoints! Bottomless mimosas and bloody Mary's are always a good time, and the food is always delicious. I strayed away from my usual eggs Benedict or salad, and chose the Huevos Rancheros (I believe that's what it was called? I'm not Spanish, never had the dish, and like I mentioned...bottomless mimosas) I thought the pico to egg ratio was a bit intense, about 5:1. It was delicious, just personally think there was too much guac and pico and it overwhelmed the eggs, eventually turning to mush.Service was friendly, a bit condescending at times, but overall we had a very enjoyable experience and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delray Beach gemSouthlakedinerDined on 5/31/2014One of my favorite places for seafood in Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great overall experienceMVE1961VIPDined on 5/27/2014Really enjoyed the fresh oysters and swordfish. Decent wine list. Good service.Special Features:
- DelicioustvgypsyDined on 5/24/2014Great for locals, even better for visitors. Food is fantastic, portions are just right. Service is a bit slow but the place is so busy and, if you're with friends, the time waiting gives you time for conversation.Special Features:
- A Fave on the Ave.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014City Oyster continues to be one of my favorite spots on Atlantic Ave. My husband and I moved from Delray so we don't get to go often but when we do, it doesn't disappoint. Haven't had a dish I didn't love with the pan fried Hong Kong Snapper being my personal favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of downtown DelrayfrequestCincinnativisitorDined on 5/17/2014City Oyster is one of the best dining experiences I have ever had: and I managed a bar and restaurant for 5 years, and have travel throughout the U.S. and all over the world. All the food is fresh, prepared properly, and the staff are excellent at their craft and making you feel welcome in the busy town of Delray Beach. Whenever I return to the area, this is the one dining experience I make sure to revisit. Great sea food, excellent wine list, and wonderful specials. The atmosphere can be lively and loud, but the seating and ambiance creates for an intimate dining experience and personal customer service attention. Best for group special occasions or less formal celebrations.Special Features:
- Like sea food - check this one outOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014It is always fun to go to a restaurant located on Atlantic Avenue and being seated outside so you get to see people. This is a great restaurant for sea food. They serve oysters and clams on the half shell. I had their Mahi Mahi dinner which was delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Funtastic Evening!Winegirl512Dined on 5/12/2014Came for my birthday celebration. The wait staff was super! Very helpful in menu selections. We had the petite cold seafood platter to start. The jumbo lump crab, jumbo shrimp, were fabulous. The oyster and clams were so fresh, it was a real great. I had the salad with fried oysters which had a crispy crust, but the oyster were still plenty moist. My mom had the fish and chips which also had the perfect amount of crispy tenderness! A really fun celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming backKennyDined on 5/12/2014I really like this place. It's fun, lively, good food snd good service....consistently. My group usually consists of people ranging in age from 20 going through 90. Everyone loves the restaurant and we keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.