City Market Bistro
14148 8th Street
Dade City, FL 33525Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Market Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecitymarketbistro.com/
- Phone: 3525219700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Cody Dwyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from City Market Bistro
Serving eclectic food while enjoying a unique atmosphere. All our meats are cooked on a wood burning grill and our homemade pizzas are baked in a stone deck oven. We offer a fast casual setting for lunch. There is something for everyone to love for dinner. From pastas to steaks or seafood, come enjoy a delicious dinner in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. Our "getting famous" burgers and pizzas are served for both lunch and dinner. Last but not least, we have a fantastic Sunday Brunch. Our breads, desserts, and baked goods are all homemade. We are French Bistro meets Old World Southern Charm!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
City Market Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dade City ›
City Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Food continues to be terrific! Staff is wonderful. Never had a bad dinner. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- a great gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The owners are very friendly and are eager to share their hospitality. Chef does a great job with preparing food, menu very diverse. We think it is a great little neighborhood restaurant with a great following.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantTylaburgDined on 9/19/2014We loved our 1st visit so much we had to go back again. Took out teenage boys the 2nd time. Both visits we had awesome food! Love the decor & ambience. Is a little noisy if you're looking for a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome addition to Dade CityFLmom84Dined on 9/6/2014Four of us dined at City Market Bistro the other night. The restaurant itself is really cute. We loved the the vintage headboards used to decorate booths. The sangria was delicious as well. Loved the look of the place. The tableware (sangria, water glasses, etc. were all very cool). My only complaint was the food. Some of the prices were very steep...$21 for beef stroganoff...close to $30 for a steak. For these prices we were expecting to be blown away. Nothing was bad, but it definitely wasn't memorable. i had the chicken pot pie and it was just so-so. I was expecting a warm flakey crust. Instead it was chicken pieces, mixed veggies and a very intense (too much wine?) sauce topped off with a puff of pastry. My mash potatoes were dry.Special Features:
- Love it!!!BGLarryDined on 9/5/2014I have been going here a few times a month for quite a while and I have never had a bad meal. The owners are always friendly and very approachable. They feature one of the best Sangrias I have every had. Never had a bad meal and the service is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best little secret in Dade CityMooremanorDined on 8/30/2014If you are looking for something different but quaint you need to try City Market Bistro in Dade City. Awesome!! The food is the best, we have dine there many times over the last 2 yrs. and have never had anything bad. No matter what your taste buds are looking for they are sure to have something to suit your fancy. They offer daily specials which can be sold out before the night is over. If you haven't tried them, you will be nicely surprised. Do make a reservation on Open Table if you are going on a Friday or Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!aperoDined on 8/29/2014We love everything about City Market Bistro! Their veggie burger is one of the best I've had. And the Sangria is just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Dade CityHolgerDined on 8/29/2014All food listed on the menue is fantastic and good prepared. Particular the Salmon on the cedar plank is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellaDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful experience, great food, service, prices...will definitely go back again. Wish the noise level was less but this is not a turn off. For dinner, definitely make reservations. We did and were seated promptly.Special Features:
- enjoyed a lotnellieDined on 8/22/2014we were extremely satisfied with the entrees that we order. service was great, and it did not take too long for food to be delivered.Special Features:
- Great find369pkrfan2Dined on 8/16/2014We've lived in the area for 3 years but had not heard of the City Market Bistro. I'm glad I stumbled on it. This was a great restaurant with great food, wonderful service and a nice atmosphere. We will definitely go here again. We had steaks the first time, but I'm trying the wood fired pizza next - it looked yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningBabbsyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. Never a disappointment and always a treat for friends.Special Features:
- wildelderDined on 7/18/2014Food and service were good but to noisey to be injoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy to visitDavidGDined on 7/18/2014We try to visit City Market at least once a week and are always pleased with the food and the service. I try other restaurants almost daily but we keep returning to our favorite Gem in Dade City, The City Market Bistro. They have never let us down!Special Features:
- ScrumptiousDadecitygemDined on 7/17/2014As usual we all had a wonderful time accompanied by great service and food.Special Features:
- great find!!nicmacnacDined on 7/10/2014good food , good service!!!! had a great time ............lunch and dinner are both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newlywedsDined on 7/3/2014We couldn't have been more pleased. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findyummmmDined on 7/3/2014We ate at City Market Bistro two days in a row - first for dinner and then the next day for lunch. Excellent food, great service and owners who are involved and speak to all of their guests. Very fresh food items and beautifully presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurant!GaryDined on 6/25/2014We were meeting my neice and her husband and we wanted to find a halfway place between St Petersburg and Mt Dora. Behold! Dade City was chosen for its location and primarily because of the City Market Bistro found on Trip Adviser. THANK YOU!Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the City Market Bistro reviews archive.
- Enjoyed my first visit.krazyrbagsDined on 6/14/2014Went with a family to have dinner. Enjoyed the atmosphere and staff. From a small town, and this is a new gem for us.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day experiencepmramsey352Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful food, great server and great company! We had a reservation for a party of 6 at City Market Bistro and getting the table was very hassle free. We were seated and the two moms that were at the table were treated quite well.Special Features:
- Mothers DayBigcookieDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I took my mother for Sat. Pm Mother's Day dinner and his mom for Sun. brunch. It was awesome. My husband and I will be coming back. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Food was great and served promptly. .will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLystalikesDined on 5/10/2014City Market Bistro has the best food in Dade City. The menu has something for everyone. Their pizza is amazing and comparable prices to the likes of Pizza Hut, etc. The dining room is not very big so during busy times or for big parties I would highly recommend a reservation. Will go back over and over again.Special Features:
- Brunch Done RightSurferDudeDined on 4/27/2014Once we found this neighborhood gem, we won't let it go. We come here for brunch every month or so. The eggs and sparkly are done served right and always satisfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The owners are very friendly .... The space is beautiful but not too stuffy. We have eaten there several times and had very tasty food everytime. Love .. Love.. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We picked this restaurant based on the other OpenTable reviews and was very pleased. Food and service were both exceptional. Worth the drive from Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneangelinaDined on 4/19/2014City Market Bistro is the place to dine if there are mixed dietary needs or a variety of preferences in your group. They can accommodate gluten-free diners, vegetarians, and every other type of diner. Their menu is vast, meals are individually prepared to order, and the quality of the food is outstanding. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Dade City!aperoDined on 4/18/2014Great food, amazing homemade Sangria, friendly staff! Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch, I mean brunchSurferDudeDined on 4/13/2014As always, the Bistro was the place for a "reasonably priced" champagne brunch. The service was friendly and very efficient. The "spirits vendor" was open to any suggestions (crushed blackberries) in the champagne flutes. The eggs benedict were "right on", and the mascarpone cheese and berries french toast was wonderful. If you can save room for desert, try the almond cloud. If not order it for a "to go" box and have it later.Special Features:
- As good as it gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2014Absolutely perfect. Service and food quality is exactly as it should be. The owners are visible and very accommodating. This is worth a drive from anywhere in the Tampa Bay Area. This had quickly become one of our new favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Dade City Needed ThiscarlynevinsmomDined on 4/11/2014This is just what Dade City needed........GREAT food, great atmosphere and great service. I am never disappointed when I go to eat there. Since Sangria is my drink of choice, it makes dinner even more special since that is there specialty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!SammyDined on 3/29/2014Amazing experience ! Food was superior as was the service! Would highly recommend ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, BRUNCHSurferDudeDined on 3/23/2014We have finally found a restaurant that serves champagne Sunday brunch that doesn't cost an "arm and a leg". The City Market Bistro offers a very pleasant brunch menu, in a very nice atmosphere, with an efficient staff. My Eggs Benedict were nicely done (although one of the poached eggs was a trifle overdone. The muffin was not chewy (as you will find at the high priced buffets). The rest of the table had the French Toast and the poached eggs and hash. Some thought the hash had too much thyme, but everyone has their own rase levels. The individual with the French Toast hardly spoke a word. In fact I really didm;e see him put his fork down until all was consumed. Special thanks to Chelsea for her service and flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our wedding anniversarysopranoDined on 3/22/2014Ate at Market Bistro on a Saturday night. Very pleasant atmosphere; we had a reservation and arrived a little early and were seated right away. Found the restaurant quite noisy - maybe some rugs or other deadening material on the walls/ceiling would solve the problem. Knowledgeable staff. Really enjoyed my meal, which was petite filet mignon, perfectly cooked, and a glass of wonderful sangria. Wondered why they had run out of bread? Our friends also enjoyed the restaurant. Would have no hesitation in recommending it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemHungryFrankieDined on 3/20/2014Based on Open Table reviews my wife and I tried City Market Bistro on March 20. Turned out that Thursdays are build your own pizza nights. Any toppings plus 2 beers or glasses of house wine for $22 . A good deal and a very good pizza. The wait staff and the owner were very attentive and friendly with the owner relating the history of the building as well as their involvement in the restaurant. The restaurant was full and a little noisy but all in all this is a neighborhood gem in the sleepy town of Dade City. The restaurant is not large so be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemexcursion230VIPDined on 3/7/2014We have been going to the bistro since they opened. Its refreshing that they are updating their menu regularly and the owners listen to there customers suggestions for new dishes. Had fresh grouper recently that was very good. They also have a house chardonnay that 1.5 lit. for around $25.00. Food is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique place in Dade CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014All the staff were friendly and professional. The food options were unique good. The setting had character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAVE EXPERIENCED CITY MARKETOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014HAVE EXPERIENCED CITY MARKET BISTRO MANY TIMES. NO BAD MEALS YET AND FRIENDLINESS IS TOP NOTCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to City Market BistroNancyDined on 2/22/2014Have been to City Market Bistro on several occasions and am never disappointed. The food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.