City Market Bistro
14148 8th Street
Dade City, FL 33525Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Market Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thecitymarketbistro.com/
- Phone: 3525219700x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Cody Dwyer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from City Market Bistro
Serving eclectic food while enjoying a unique atmosphere. All our meats are cooked on a wood burning grill and our homemade pizzas are baked in a stone deck oven. We offer a fast casual setting for lunch. There is something for everyone to love for dinner. From pastas to steaks or seafood, come enjoy a delicious dinner in a fun and comfortable atmosphere. Our "getting famous" burgers and pizzas are served for both lunch and dinner. Last but not least, we have a fantastic Sunday Brunch. Our breads, desserts, and baked goods are all homemade. We are French Bistro meets Old World Southern Charm!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
City Market Bistro - Best Restaurants in Dade City ›
City Market Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (14)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Wonderful experience, great food, service, prices...will definitely go back again. Wish the noise level was less but this is not a turn off. For dinner, definitely make reservations. We did and were seated promptly.Special Features:
- enjoyed a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014we were extremely satisfied with the entrees that we order. service was great, and it did not take too long for food to be delivered.Special Features:
- Great find369pkrfan2Dined on 8/16/2014We've lived in the area for 3 years but had not heard of the City Market Bistro. I'm glad I stumbled on it. This was a great restaurant with great food, wonderful service and a nice atmosphere. We will definitely go here again. We had steaks the first time, but I'm trying the wood fired pizza next - it looked yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningBabbsyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. Never a disappointment and always a treat for friends.Special Features:
- wildelderDined on 7/18/2014Food and service were good but to noisey to be injoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy to visitDavidGDined on 7/18/2014We try to visit City Market at least once a week and are always pleased with the food and the service. I try other restaurants almost daily but we keep returning to our favorite Gem in Dade City, The City Market Bistro. They have never let us down!Special Features:
- ScrumptiousDadecitygemDined on 7/17/2014As usual we all had a wonderful time accompanied by great service and food.Special Features:
- great find!!nicmacnacDined on 7/10/2014good food , good service!!!! had a great time ............lunch and dinner are both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- newlywedsDined on 7/3/2014We couldn't have been more pleased. It was a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findyummmmDined on 7/3/2014We ate at City Market Bistro two days in a row - first for dinner and then the next day for lunch. Excellent food, great service and owners who are involved and speak to all of their guests. Very fresh food items and beautifully presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT Restaurant!GaryDined on 6/25/2014We were meeting my neice and her husband and we wanted to find a halfway place between St Petersburg and Mt Dora. Behold! Dade City was chosen for its location and primarily because of the City Market Bistro found on Trip Adviser. THANK YOU!Special Features:
- Enjoyed my first visit.krazyrbagsDined on 6/14/2014Went with a family to have dinner. Enjoyed the atmosphere and staff. From a small town, and this is a new gem for us.Special Features:
- Great Mother's Day experiencepmramsey352Dined on 5/11/2014Wonderful food, great server and great company! We had a reservation for a party of 6 at City Market Bistro and getting the table was very hassle free. We were seated and the two moms that were at the table were treated quite well.Special Features:
- Mothers DayBigcookieDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I took my mother for Sat. Pm Mother's Day dinner and his mom for Sun. brunch. It was awesome. My husband and I will be coming back. Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousfoodieDined on 5/10/2014Food was great and served promptly. .will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLystalikesDined on 5/10/2014City Market Bistro has the best food in Dade City. The menu has something for everyone. Their pizza is amazing and comparable prices to the likes of Pizza Hut, etc. The dining room is not very big so during busy times or for big parties I would highly recommend a reservation. Will go back over and over again.Special Features:
- The following 40 reviews are from the City Market Bistro reviews archive.
- Brunch Done RightSurferDudeDined on 4/27/2014Once we found this neighborhood gem, we won't let it go. We come here for brunch every month or so. The eggs and sparkly are done served right and always satisfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014The owners are very friendly .... The space is beautiful but not too stuffy. We have eaten there several times and had very tasty food everytime. Love .. Love.. Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014We picked this restaurant based on the other OpenTable reviews and was very pleased. Food and service were both exceptional. Worth the drive from Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneangelinaDined on 4/19/2014City Market Bistro is the place to dine if there are mixed dietary needs or a variety of preferences in your group. They can accommodate gluten-free diners, vegetarians, and every other type of diner. Their menu is vast, meals are individually prepared to order, and the quality of the food is outstanding. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Dade City!aperoDined on 4/18/2014Great food, amazing homemade Sangria, friendly staff! Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch, I mean brunchSurferDudeDined on 4/13/2014As always, the Bistro was the place for a "reasonably priced" champagne brunch. The service was friendly and very efficient. The "spirits vendor" was open to any suggestions (crushed blackberries) in the champagne flutes. The eggs benedict were "right on", and the mascarpone cheese and berries french toast was wonderful. If you can save room for desert, try the almond cloud. If not order it for a "to go" box and have it later.Special Features:
- As good as it gets!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2014Absolutely perfect. Service and food quality is exactly as it should be. The owners are visible and very accommodating. This is worth a drive from anywhere in the Tampa Bay Area. This had quickly become one of our new favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Dade City Needed ThiscarlynevinsmomDined on 4/11/2014This is just what Dade City needed........GREAT food, great atmosphere and great service. I am never disappointed when I go to eat there. Since Sangria is my drink of choice, it makes dinner even more special since that is there specialty!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!SammyDined on 3/29/2014Amazing experience ! Food was superior as was the service! Would highly recommend ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, BRUNCHSurferDudeDined on 3/23/2014We have finally found a restaurant that serves champagne Sunday brunch that doesn't cost an "arm and a leg". The City Market Bistro offers a very pleasant brunch menu, in a very nice atmosphere, with an efficient staff. My Eggs Benedict were nicely done (although one of the poached eggs was a trifle overdone. The muffin was not chewy (as you will find at the high priced buffets). The rest of the table had the French Toast and the poached eggs and hash. Some thought the hash had too much thyme, but everyone has their own rase levels. The individual with the French Toast hardly spoke a word. In fact I really didm;e see him put his fork down until all was consumed. Special thanks to Chelsea for her service and flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our wedding anniversarysopranoDined on 3/22/2014Ate at Market Bistro on a Saturday night. Very pleasant atmosphere; we had a reservation and arrived a little early and were seated right away. Found the restaurant quite noisy - maybe some rugs or other deadening material on the walls/ceiling would solve the problem. Knowledgeable staff. Really enjoyed my meal, which was petite filet mignon, perfectly cooked, and a glass of wonderful sangria. Wondered why they had run out of bread? Our friends also enjoyed the restaurant. Would have no hesitation in recommending it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemHungryFrankieDined on 3/20/2014Based on Open Table reviews my wife and I tried City Market Bistro on March 20. Turned out that Thursdays are build your own pizza nights. Any toppings plus 2 beers or glasses of house wine for $22 . A good deal and a very good pizza. The wait staff and the owner were very attentive and friendly with the owner relating the history of the building as well as their involvement in the restaurant. The restaurant was full and a little noisy but all in all this is a neighborhood gem in the sleepy town of Dade City. The restaurant is not large so be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local gemexcursion230VIPDined on 3/7/2014We have been going to the bistro since they opened. Its refreshing that they are updating their menu regularly and the owners listen to there customers suggestions for new dishes. Had fresh grouper recently that was very good. They also have a house chardonnay that 1.5 lit. for around $25.00. Food is always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A unique place in Dade CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/23/2014All the staff were friendly and professional. The food options were unique good. The setting had character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAVE EXPERIENCED CITY MARKETOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014HAVE EXPERIENCED CITY MARKET BISTRO MANY TIMES. NO BAD MEALS YET AND FRIENDLINESS IS TOP NOTCH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to City Market BistroNancyDined on 2/22/2014Have been to City Market Bistro on several occasions and am never disappointed. The food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining!!Hagler1946Dined on 2/14/2014Wonderful dining experience, with great food and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The meal was very good, overall great dining experience. A little pricey for the limited special menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!Partyof4Dined on 2/13/2014The Bistro is definitely a "hidden gem"! I never knew it was there until just the other night and I took some friends from out of town there. We didn't realize they closed at 8pm but they accommodated us and we had a wonderful meal and experience! I will be sure to make this one of my frequent places to eat but will be sure to get there earlier next time...lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Dining Experience.EricandLisaDined on 2/8/2014I would highly recommend the City Market Bistro to anyone. It has a family feel right away from the time you walk into the door. The Owners and Staff and so polite and welcoming. Then we have the smell as you walk in. The sweet and woodsy smells of the oven let you know you are in for something delicious. The environment is welcoming and warm with unique décor all around. The whole experience will have you back for more, time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dade City's Best RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Very comfortable atmosphere, friendly staff, and great food make this a must if you are visiting Dade City or live nearby. The owners are almost always there making the guests feel so welcome. We are so grateful for this wonderful neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SurprisecldamronDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I drove a little over 40 miles to try this restaurant. Needless to say, I will be making the journey for many times to come. The filet was OUTSTANDING! It was crusted with Truffles and Romano Cheese. My wife had the Duck Breast, too, it was out of this world! The sides here are second to none too. The steak fries and sweat potato fries are great. My family, I have 3 children, so when we have a baby sitter come over we like to take advantage and enjoy good food. City Bistro is the type of restaurant that we will take advantage of! They have GREAT food, and the staff is very friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- small town gemstrawberryDined on 2/1/2014Good food and coffee. If a restaurant serves good coffee it lets me know as a diner that someone is paying attention to the details. The server was polite and attentive. Never an empty water glass or coffee cup. The bistro has creative and welcoming decor. The owner stopped by each table to check on his guests. Even though I was sitting alone at a table for four and there were people in line, the owner encouraged me to stay and read the newspaper after my meal. In all a pleasant dining experience in a charming small town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat there frequently andBabbsyDined on 1/24/2014We eat there frequently and are never disappointed. The menu, staff and atmosphere are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.