City Lobster & Steakhouse
121 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Lobster & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylobster.com/
- Phone: 2123541717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday. 11:30am-11:00pm. Fri - Saturday 11:30am-12:00am. Sun Open until 11:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR 3-COURSE PRE-FIXED LUNCH FOR ONLY $27.50 AND DINNER FOR ONLY $38.50 AVAILABLE DAILY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The fine food and atmosphere at City Lobster & Steak make it the perfect location for corporate dining, holiday parties, and other special events. The main dining area seats 165 & the lounge seats 25. The 15 seat bar is also available for use. We can also cater cocktails events for 20 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriel Biton 2123541717x
A word from City Lobster & Steakhouse
Regional American Seafood, featuring contemporary seafood and shellfish dishes. Special sizing in lobster and a variety of crab. Located at Rockefeller Plaza bordering the Theater District & Times Square. Full service bar and raw bar with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)great for lunch (109)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (50)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (31)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (16)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Tasty, but seemed expensive.HarrietDined on 5/17/2008Tasty, but seemed expensive. Priced higher than high-end steak places. Would not go back for dinner. But a good location for pre-theater drink.
- Pricey for mediocre food.FoodieSplurgeDined on 5/14/2008Pricey for mediocre food. The lobster bisque I had was watery. The pan-seared soft-shelled crab was cold. The chocolate cake for dessert was as big as the palm of your hand. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Very happy with service, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2008Very happy with service, food and great location for theatre. Will difinitely return and will spread the word.Special Features:
- Staff very pleasant and helpful.SharonDined on 5/3/2008Staff very pleasant and helpful. Quiet and peaceful. Menu very diverse and many specials. Very fresh and delicious. Good value.Special Features:
- I recommend the angry lobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008I recommend the angry lobster and the Long Island oysters. Do not drink the open wine! Take a bottle and don´t be angry to pay a little bit more. Greeetings from Germany. JKSpecial Features:
- This is a replica of CityLesterDined on 4/24/2008This is a replica of City Crab (Park Ave South) which we eat in often. This is a much nicer looking restaurant because of its newness. It is none of the above but a good pre-theater find. We found it a little pricey, but the food was good and the service was also good. We ate early so did not experience noise level or crowding.
- The service was great, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/18/2008The service was great, our appetizers were excellent and so was the main course. we both got the chilean sea bass. for desert we got the warm chocolate cake, which was not very good, but everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- Was good not great- convenientNycjennVIPDined on 4/10/2008Was good not great- convenient theater district spot- but I resnet when they promote a prix fix/pre-theater menu and make you ask for the menu and then treat you a little less than stellar when you order from it. If you promote the menu- give it to me when I sit down and as the restauran was empty but for a few other tables I am surprised they don't appreciate the pre-theater business more. Would go back for convenience and the food is definitely decent for the neighborhood and for a seafood restaurant- but not really recommend.Special Features:
- Good price/value for the neighborhoDBNYCVIPDined on 4/9/2008Good price/value for the neighborhood. Good price fixe as well
- This was our third time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/9/2008This was our third time eating at City Lobster and Crab and perfect every time. Great seafood place in a great location.Special Features:
- Well it's tough to screw upjudiDined on 4/7/2008Well it's tough to screw up king crab legs so it's hard to comment on the quality of the cuisine. Great location - between Times Square and Rockefeller Center. Name says it all - if you're looking for Lobster or Crab it's a great choice.
- The food was excellent. MyJoyfulDinerDined on 4/5/2008The food was excellent. My only suggestion is cook the pasta longer. The "al dente" was really just not done. It didn't twirl on the fork. Otherwise, it was really good.Special Features:
- Hi - - we picked this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2008Hi - - we picked this restaurant off of the Internet and was very pleased with the ambiance and location. A few in our group had the Pre Theatre Menu - -a three course meal for $33 - - while the appetizers ( crabcakes, bleu cheese lettuce wedge ) were great - - the 9 oz NY Strip was quiet tough - - the saute veggies were good and the desert ( key lime pie ) was GREAT. Some of our group ordered off the regular menu and had scallops - - which they said was very good... I would go again -- - the wait staff was very good .Special Features:
- Good quiet -- and spaciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008Good quiet -- and spacious -- find in the uptown theatre area -- nice to people with kids.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2008The food was very good and the service excellent. The only thing was that I had to request the pre-theater price fixe menu. I don't want to seem cheap, because I'm not when it comes to eating out. Our check for 2 people was still $175 with tip with the price fixe. But overall it was an excellent meal, and I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Service was a disgrace. BreadluvwineDined on 3/23/2008Service was a disgrace. Bread basket was stale. Salad had to be returned since lettuce was yellow on the ceasar salad. Sat for 15 minutes until even saw a waiter or was poured water. I will never go back here.
- My niece and I were visitingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2008My niece and I were visiting New York and selected this restaurant because it was close to Broadway. Little did I know that we were entering heaven on earth! The food is FANTASTIC! The waitress suggested the crab cakes for me and being from the South, I was very critical. However, the cakes were truly "Crab" cakes, there were large chunks of crab throughout the cakes. My niece ordered the San Franciso coppapino (?), we're on our way home and she's still raving about it. If you like desserts, get the creme brulle. All that said, YES we would recommend and YES we will visit again. D.Payne C.HilliardSpecial Features:
- The oysters were great, foodCanyouforgiveherDined on 3/20/2008The oysters were great, food fresh and delicious and our service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great price fixe menu. OnlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2008Great price fixe menu. Only problem was waiter took a long time to bring the dessert and then he delivered the wrong dessert, and we were running out of time for the theater. Otherwise, great meal.Special Features:
- I like grabbing lunch here,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/11/2008I like grabbing lunch here, it is good food and if you're looking for a 'quick' lunch but actually want to sit down for the whole hour, this is a good place.Special Features:
- Took my largest client toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/17/2008Took my largest client to this restaurant. Service was horrible, we got up and got our own water. I was extremely embarrased! My saying is I would rather have OK food and great service, than great food with OK service. We had neither. I would not return and I would not recommend to anyone.
- Extremely noisy during RestaurantcalicoemwVIPDined on 2/1/2008Extremely noisy during Restaurant Week even with a reservation. We had to stand and wait for over 1.5 hours. Poorly organized and managed for such an event. Avoid going there during promotions. They just can't handle it! I'll never go back after being treated like that and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone during busy times. A nightmare!Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2008I enjoyed the food however it wasn't anything to desire.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/24/2008The food was outstanding I would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- I thought I was treating myOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/15/2008I thought I was treating my Mom to her favorite Surf and Turf meal for her birthday and instead she became very ill later that. She suffered from food poisoning. When I called the restaurant the next afternoon the Manager refused to talk to me about the unfortunate incident. I never received so much as an apology from the Manager or anyone on staff. It was a terrible way to be treated and I will visit when new management takes over.
- We went before seeing a showOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/22/2007We went before seeing a show down the street. The food was excellent and the service was very good. I was impressed with the menu and there was a nice wine selection. Prices were expensive, but reasonable. I found it to be very noisy, but I am sensitive to volume. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to someone who finds themselves in the theater district.Special Features:
- I TAKE MY DAUGHTER HERE FOROpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/8/2007I TAKE MY DAUGHTER HERE FOR HER BIRTHDAY. WE BOTH LOVE THIS PLACESpecial Features:
- a little expensive for theMikeHVIPDined on 6/30/2007a little expensive for the food. probably because it is NYCSpecial Features:
- Great Seafood !!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/21/2007always have an excellent dinner here and keep coming back for more!Special Features:
- not as good as the last visit.DineNviewDined on 1/21/2007not as good as the last visit. waitstaff a little stuffy. no rush to return.....
- Brought out my family hereRicharfVIPDined on 1/20/2007Brought out my family here to celebrate my father's birthday. It was a very quiet weeknight and service was impeccable. My father is a fan of surf and turf and had a feast. The food was prepared perfectly and everyone left feeling very satisfied.Special Features:
- As the name implies, the seafoodBroadwayFanVIPDined on 12/23/2006As the name implies, the seafood is the specialty here (so vegetarians beware: not many options besides the great cocktails).
- if you are a seafood loverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2006if you are a seafood lover as myself, this is the place to go! really excellent food and atmosphere. A must try in NYC!! http://nycstylecannoli.blogspot.com/Special Features:
- I went during restaurant week,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2006I went during restaurant week, and I knew not to expect much during restaurant week but the food portions were extrememly small. I'm a skiiny girl 5'7" that weights 108 and I thought the food portion was way too small. Also, the quality and taste of the food was subpar, even compared to other restaurant during resturant week.
- My only dissapointment wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/29/2006My only dissapointment was that our waiter was very rude.Special Features:
- Nothing spectacular aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/14/2005Nothing spectacular about the food, ambiance, and service at this establishment. In fact, food is average at best, service is pretentious and somewhat on the rude side, and the price is unreasonable. Would never come back nor recommend to anybody.Special Features:
- I hated this place. EverythingBean71Dined on 1/15/2005I hated this place. Everything was awful. City Crab is 100% better.