City Lobster & Steakhouse
121 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Lobster & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylobster.com/
- Phone: 2123541717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday. 11:30am-11:00pm. Fri - Saturday 11:30am-12:00am. Sun Open until 11:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR 3-COURSE PRE-FIXED LUNCH FOR ONLY $27.50 AND DINNER FOR ONLY $38.50 AVAILABLE DAILY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The fine food and atmosphere at City Lobster & Steak make it the perfect location for corporate dining, holiday parties, and other special events. The main dining area seats 165 & the lounge seats 25. The 15 seat bar is also available for use. We can also cater cocktails events for 20 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriel Biton 2123541717x
A word from City Lobster & Steakhouse
Regional American Seafood, featuring contemporary seafood and shellfish dishes. Special sizing in lobster and a variety of crab. Located at Rockefeller Plaza bordering the Theater District & Times Square. Full service bar and raw bar with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
324 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)great for lunch (108)fit for foodies (99)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (50)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (31)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (16)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- DisappointingRomanDined on 7/6/2014Very expensive for a low quality dinner. Lobsters were ok. Steaks were fine.
- Very nice but nothing spectacularOkayDined on 7/6/2014A very nice place for a special occasion but not the top of the food chain in NY diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Lobster and SteakhouseFrenhsk8VIPDined on 7/5/2014My brother and niece were in town from California. My niece had never had lobster. My brother and his daughter ordered the 2 pound lobster. My brother enjoyed it but his daughter liked my bronzino better, so we switched plates. The wait staff was very attentive and helpful with meal selections and descriptions. The only drawback was the air conditioning was not working well and the restaurant was not as cool as we would have liked in spite of the ceiling fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super mealArduousDined on 7/3/2014A great place for pre-theater dining and people watching. Our waiter was excellent and allowed us to linger until showtime. The food was excellent. A group of 12 had a table nearby and was easily accommodated. I highly recommend this restaurant for reasonably priced seafood at a Midtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lobster!madmat17Dined on 6/28/2014Nicely done-up fancy lobster place right off the theater district. a bit pricey, but excellent food quality and very good service. Overall, a winner for a nice night out or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Friday Date NightEmilioVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been here for lunch before, very good for business lunches, this time my husband and I went for dinner Friday night before meeting family for post theater drinks. There were a few more tourists a lot bess business people. The food was good, our server extremely attentive and helpful. All in all a good start to the evening's events.Special Features:
- Short walk to Radio CityFoodsterDined on 6/26/2014This is a great restaurant to go to when you are going to a concert or event at Radio City Music Hall. Tell the waiter the time of your show and they will make sure to have you out the door and right on time. We went with fixed price menu and some had lobster, a few a NY Strip Steak and I had a perfectly cooked medium rare filet mignon. Desserts were done well with a nice presentation.Special Features:
- great as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2014One of my favorites, never fails to remind me why I come back. great food, and service.Special Features:
- Love the foodVan15Dined on 6/24/2014We went here for an early dinner before a show. We made reservations and were met by very friendly hostess. Our server was extremely knowledgable about the menu and helped us with our choices. We started with the steamed seafood dumplings...very tasty, had a great sauce. We had linguini with littke neck clams, which my husband said was delicious and I had scallops which were cooked perfectly. I asked for no sauce and that wasn't a problem. We met two other couples sitting by us, both from CA who also enjoyed their meals.Special Features:
- Second Times a charmEatsDined on 6/21/2014So the first time I ate here I was very disappointed. I would like to say thank you to management for reaching our and addressing my concerns and encouraging me to give it another try. This time I went with a group of five and service was 1000 times better. Shout out to Angela who was our waitress. I think she said it was her second week but she was wonderful. Making sure that food arrived promptly. Even returning the salmon that one person thought wasn't cooked enough and explaining to her why it was cooked that way while still accommodating her request. A good time was had by all. Glad I tried it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!TeePDined on 6/21/2014Good food, good service. Will definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JojojaDined on 6/21/2014Everything was great, but the food was disappointing.
- You will leave hungry !!!!BeniDined on 6/20/2014The AC was down, portions very small. Food was not that great! I will never go back again!
- Overall great experienceDeegDined on 6/20/2014Food was excellent, prices were reasonable and service was great! I had the lobster roll and it was delicious!!!Special Features:
- Seafood delightNYFoodieDined on 6/16/2014Conveniently located when catching a show at Radio City, the food and service was terrific.Special Features:
- Incredibly mediocreKostamanDined on 6/14/2014Inept but friendly service, ridiculously small amount of crab for $42, all sides a la carte. Who do they think they are? My dirty gin martini came with vodka and no "dirt" to be found. The oysters were good.
- Disappointed in our dinnerNYC2UpstateDined on 6/14/2014City Lobster had our reservation & greeted us friendly enough. a} they had no A/C b} they did have fans but they were minimal help for the stuffiness b} they tried to seat us at a small table in the back corner - where it was even more stuffy/muggy/warm - they did let us move to a front booth near a fan d} our service was less than pleasant - the waiter had no personality - did not go out of his way to make us feel comfortable or welcome. e) We got the Prix Fix combo - My husband got the filet of sole - it was about 1/4" thick if that........tasted ok but not much there, I got the 1 1/4lb baked lobster - it was tasteless and tough. We would not recommend this restaurant to anyone else. Sorry
- Lobster cooked perfectlyDrFoodie13Dined on 6/14/2014Lobsters were cooked perfectly & best drawn butter ever. Extremely disappointing lobster mashed potatoes & clam chowder. Oysters Rockefeller & the wedge salad with crispy shallots were great. 2lb min on lobsters @ $38/lb.Special Features:
- Pre theaterGourmantVIPDined on 6/12/2014Great place for pre theater. The scallops and shrimp were great. Attentive and professional staff.Special Features:
- Not that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/11/2014There are better restaurants in the area. Food was mediocre decor was sub-par. If you a seafood lover you may want to go a few blocks north.
- Excellent service! Fresh lobster!GaPeachDined on 6/9/2014I had never had lobster before and wanted to try. My waiter was amazing. I was alone, here on business, and his kindness was comforting. He hulled my lobster for me - that was super nice. The lobster was huge! A big tank id them sits out front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding LunchJojoVIPDined on 6/8/2014Had the pre-fixe lunch for $29.50. What a great value with plenty of selections. Food was exquisaite. Would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow just rightHappyBoyFriendDined on 6/7/2014This was just around the corner from the play we were going to see a great up scale menu, service was off the charts nice find in time square ...Special Features:
- Birthday LunchAndyDined on 6/7/2014Lunch was wonderful - Food, service and wine were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice prix fixestanDined on 6/4/2014we've been enjoying City Lobster for a few years. For this visit, though, the lobster roll was exceptional. The other dishes were fine. Nice relaxing place for lunch.Special Features:
- Excellent - will go backLucybDined on 6/4/2014Service and food were terrific! It was a business lunch and so easy to talk and listen...well done!Special Features:
- The following 2732 reviews are from the City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews archive.
- JSXXVIPDined on 6/3/2014This prix fixe lunch is really a good deal - and the food is nice, the service prompt, what else can you ask for in that neighborhood?Special Features:
- Great before theatre dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014Outstanding service. Great menu! Very fairly priced. Portions were very generous. The wiater was extremely helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet saturday lunchcityloverDined on 5/31/2014great lobster roll....generous portion....great location....great ambiance....great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSteveDined on 5/30/2014Great service. Nice atmosphere. Very noisy adjoining table detracted. Food a huge disappointment. Over priced and poorly prepared seafood. Tough, chewy and overcooked shrimp and lobster make it certain we will not return. Don't waste your money.
- Excellent food,excellent service!BetsyDined on 5/27/2014We had an excellent meal and the service was excellent as well. Oysters were outstanding,tuna cooked to perfection and the mahi mahi was delicious. I especially loved the mango salsa served with the mahi! We had dessert although could not finish as appetizer and entree portions were very generous in size. Key lime pie tart and tangy,chocolate cake moist and so good. Our waitress was fantastic! I will return to City Lobster again and again, love it!Special Features:
- DisappointedLobsterVIPDined on 5/23/2014A restaurant specializing in lobster should know how to cook one. The bone-in rib eye recommended was flavorless. I do better at home on the grill. Waiter was fine but meal was awful
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/23/2014Food was pretty good for a midtown place competing with office lunch locations. Lovely service. Price was expensive but u can get good value in the price fix menu.Special Features:
- Business TripOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2014Food was outstanding; our server Nehitk was wonderful. Only feedback was the restaurant was a very warm.Special Features:
- Outstanding as UsualSicilianChefVIPDined on 5/17/2014Never a bad time or food at City Lobster. The prix fixed menu is always a great deal.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014We had a very disappointing meal at City Lobster. The service was bizarre - it took about 10 minutes before we were greeted at our table, and nearly 25 minutes for our drinks to arrive (a glass of wine and a martini). It seemed like it was the waiter's first day - and this was a Saturday evening (the restaurant was not packed). The food was bland and uninteresting. We would not recommend the restaurant nor would we go back.
- Stay awayEatsDined on 5/17/2014Had a six pm dinner reservation. so how come we didn't get our entrees until 7:15 at which time we had to rush to eat to make The theater at 8 pm. Had to take dessert to go. Then when given the bill it's the wrong bill and had to threaten to leave without paying before the correct bill was delivered. Worst dining experience I ever had. Service was terrible. Family sitting next to us said they too had to wait a long time for their food. Was very disappointed especially after reading all the reviews talking about how wonderful the service was. If you have the time for a leisurely dinner then this may be the place. If trying to get to the theater then I would avoid this place or be sure to allow yourself at least three hours
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2014We went pre-theater with another couple and enjoyed it very much. They prix fixe menu was broad, the food was well prepared, it was brought out quickly and it worked nicely since we had about an hour.Special Features:
- 4th visit, still a hitdollladyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Love this place for the pre fixe theater menu. The angry lobster is fabulous. Very attentive to time to make it to the theater on time.We will continue to go back.Special Features:
- Average. Convenient . Posh pubposhpubDined on 5/15/2014This is one of those restaurant you eat at because of its convenience of being central location, but at the same time somewhere posh you can bring a date, and away from the hussle, so you can have a relaxing dinner. Unfortunately food was OK, I am from UK -So its close to pub food, no fancy food decor, just food on a plate. Another way of putting it -lack of imagination - had the surf and turf. Food was over priced- but that's expected. Service was also average - where were the smiles?. waiter asked for my ID. Which is fine. - but felt like I was at a passport control. No eye contact and not being apologetic. Overall a posh pub. They have screens so you can sports. Thumbs up for that.