City Lobster & Steakhouse
121 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Lobster & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylobster.com/
- Phone: 2123541717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday. 11:30am-11:00pm. Fri - Saturday 11:30am-12:00am. Sun Open until 11:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR 3-COURSE PRE-FIXED LUNCH FOR ONLY $27.50 AND DINNER FOR ONLY $38.50 AVAILABLE DAILY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The fine food and atmosphere at City Lobster & Steak make it the perfect location for corporate dining, holiday parties, and other special events. The main dining area seats 165 & the lounge seats 25. The 15 seat bar is also available for use. We can also cater cocktails events for 20 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriel Biton 2123541717x
A word from City Lobster & Steakhouse
Regional American Seafood, featuring contemporary seafood and shellfish dishes. Special sizing in lobster and a variety of crab. Located at Rockefeller Plaza bordering the Theater District & Times Square. Full service bar and raw bar with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
322 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)great for lunch (108)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (79)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (49)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (30)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (16)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Bravo City Lobsterdbug216Dined on 8/8/2014This was not my first dining experience there, but brought another couple along. When you introduce friends to a new restaurant, you just hope they like your choice. It was perfect. They were happy "soup to nuts!" They are planning to eat there again, bringing others with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014The food is terrific. The service us awesome. the decor is classy. the wine list was great.Special Features:
- LunchbanksfriendsDined on 8/8/2014It was our (group) 1st time, we loved it. The wait staff was knowledgeable and very attentive. Great place for good seafood, friendly staff. Nice ambience and very appreciative of your business. Greater you upon arrival and thanked you for coming as you departed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service for a 2:30 lunchKellyyipDined on 8/8/2014I found the food to be fair, not the greatest. The service was exceptional slow which is surprising considering it was a 2:30 P.M. lunch and the place was not crowded. I should have gone to City Crab instead. Though I gave a 20% tip, I find the entire experience to be fairly disappointing.Special Features:
- Rest week menudyingDined on 8/8/2014Rest week menu downgraded and didn't pop as much as it did in the pastSpecial Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 8/7/2014The lobster roll, oysters and martini all were right on. We ate at the bar and bartender Jimmy was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Food was great. The lobster roll is filled with lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!BestMealEverVIPDined on 8/7/2014I went here for restaurant week and can say that this place had the best lobster i've ever tasted. It was the perfect Sunday brunch meal and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Broken Air ConditionerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Everything was great except it was about 85 degrees in the place and very uncomfortable and the staff didnt seem to care and got very rude when i asked my seat to be moved closer to the door.Special Features:
- Not greatYU78Dined on 8/6/2014I was expecting better service and better food. I had to ask for my waiter and the food took very long to come out. Won't go back.
- Some like it hot......love2eatDined on 8/6/2014Overall, the food was probably good but could not enjoy it because the air conditioner was not working. We were told over and over "they are trying to fix it". We were not told about this situation when we were seated. It is a rather large restaurant and only found out when we were leaving that the front of the restaurant was cool but the rear was sweltering. Unfortunate!!!! We had high expectations..
- Great Lobster!PSJCRDDined on 8/6/2014I have been to this restaurant twice, and had excellent food both times. The first time I had shrimp, which was wonderful. Most recently my husband and I both got lobster, prepared two different ways. I Higly recommend their specialty Angry Lobster. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- warrenDined on 8/6/2014Food was great, service was terrific but no AC. Sitting under a fan was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriends night outSapphire6Dined on 8/5/2014Their Restaurant Week menu very impressive and extensive compared to the other surf and turf restaurants. My girlfriend truly enjoyed her lobster so much that she was calling the chef her boyfriend because he knew exactly how she wanted her lobster. Our server was very attentive and pleasant and for a Tuesday night the restaurant was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy, BUTLilyliciousDined on 8/5/2014Came here for Restaurant week cuz the menu choices far exceed other seafood restaurants on the list. Most give you a choice of 3 items, City Lobster had a choice of 6 apps, 9 entrees & 3 deserts. The lobster was AMAZING sweet and delicious The Cioppino was delish & apps were great as well. Now for the bad part The waiter who although was fantastic kept stepping on my foot under the table. I swear about 4 times. with no acknowledgment of it at all. The AC was NONEXISTENT, its the middle of summer people, the ceiling fans dont do the trick, (waiter told me the owner refuses to have it fixed) That was all, we werent rushed, our meal was great, the service (besides my broken toes and sweating forehead) was decent I will be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustSayinDined on 8/5/2014The food was very good. I had the chowder and it was ok. My friend had the mussels and it was delicious. We both had the Fisherman's Wharf entree and it was awesome. Good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Sea-foodiesJaGoDined on 8/5/2014The atmosphere was pleasant. Big selection of seafood. Steak was also very delicious. I ordered the 1.4lb lobster. I felt the lobster was a bit chewy, rubbery, and lacked a little flavor. My sister and my friend ordered the crab cakes. The portion seemed a little small. They didn't rave about it but it wasn't terrible either. The lobster corn chowder was very good and the desserts were good. The food was not terrible but there was nothing "wow" about it. The service and wait staff were very friendly. We did wait a bit for our first course. There was also a bit of a wait between courses. Still willing to try this place again.Special Features:
- Food great, server notKB8813Dined on 8/5/2014My friend and I has lunch the other day and were really pleased to partake in the restaurant week menu. Unfortunately, our server was out to lunch! He kept forgetting things were asked for. He would apologize for forgetting and then not bring them anyway. He was nice but a very good serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful for lunchhygateDined on 8/4/2014i loved the aalmon, knowing that I am very picky. It was wonderful to pick this restaurant for seafood. also their oysters are very fresh and clean. so goodand affordable :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The experience at City Lobster & Steakhouse was better than expected. Being that we only had an hour for lunch, the service was fast but not rushed, the food was fresh and delicious. We ordered from the Restaurant Week Menu and the food was great.Special Features:
- NYC Restsaurant weekmuifamilyDined on 8/3/2014Lots of choices on the dinner menu. Everything was delicious. We ordered jumbo shrimp cocktail, steamed "icy blue" pei mussels, baked mid-Atlantic oysters & crabmeat Rockefeller. Our entrees grilled Mediterranean Bronzino filet, San Francisco "fisherman's wharf" cippino, Maryland crab cakes. Great dessert. Definitely go back. Our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigYankeeFanDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful option for Restaurant week in NYC, great choices for appetizer, entrees and desserts. Service was charming. Perfect spot for pre-theater dining.
- DeeannDined on 8/3/2014Service was excellent. All the staff was extremely pleasant.Special Features:
- Lobster LoverRonenDined on 8/2/2014Looking for lobster in NY can be easy, but finding a good lobster restaurant is a bit challenging. City lobster does a great job in offering a decent lobster selection. A bit pricey but the lobster is well worth it. I ordered angry which was herby and has a mild kick to it. The stuffed lobster was also very good. Service was 4/5, for such a classy restaurant I expected more from The wait staff. They didn't seem to understand the menu well and I heard the waitress at the table next to me make a few mistakes. It also took atleast 10 minutes to get water and buttered rolls out our table. When paying over $200 for a table for 2 those things are vital.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - service mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Food was very good. But for price, the servers need to be more attentive.Special Features:
- Great MenuTastebud1Dined on 8/1/2014It's a place I return to with anticipation. The food is always well prepared and fresh. Service is great. Atmosphere is friendly. Love bringing friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceRajb1032Dined on 8/1/2014Went for restaurant week, was not dissapointed. Food was served very prompt, waiter was friendly and came at the perfect moments, food was delicious. What more can you ask out of a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I made reservations, and although it was pretty busy because or restaurant week, we were seated within 5 mins. Our waiter was very courteous, and checked on us just enough throughout it stay. The food was delicious and flavorful. I had the surf and turf, and the steak was amazing. I will definitely be back again. The one issue that I did have is, the tables were a bit small for the amount of food we had, and the AC in our section didn't seem to be working properly, so it was a bit warm. Especially after my second lass of wine;) but don't let that change your mind. It's worth the warmth lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience Restaurant WeekkschulerDined on 8/1/2014We went her with 5 adults and one 6 year old child. We were hoping to find a restaurant where we could satisfy the foodies in the group with a restaurant week pre fixe menu, but we also needed to make sure our 6 year old wouldn't be unhappy. This place was perfect! The service was excellent - well worth the price of the entrees. We each chose a restaurant week pre fixe, and the waiter brought the child's meal out right away. They put us in a perfect location for a child - near the lobster tank and away from other diners. We were able to stay for 2 full hours! They don't have a kids menu or crayons, so I'd recommend bringing some of your own. If you are looking for a nice place where you can also bring a child - this place is great!Special Features:
- Reliable as everDelossDined on 8/1/2014I have been to City Lobster many, many times, and will come back again because of the friendliness of the staff, their willingness to make recommendations, and the excellence of what gets served. I ate a la carte; my companion had the Restaurant Week menu, but we were both sated and satisfied.Special Features:
- Treat during Restaurant WeekshellfishloverDined on 8/1/2014The food was very good, but I'm not sure we could afford our 3 courses if there wasn't a special price for Restaurant Week. If you want a salad or vegetable, everything is a la carte. The seating is so close that you can hear much of the conversation at the next table.Special Features:
- Mother/Daughter LunchgardenbeeDined on 8/1/2014Since we were going to be in NYC that day, we decided to take advantage of NYC Restaurant Week to have a nice lunch. Chose City Lobster because their 3-course RW $25 lunch menu was much more comprehensive than most and we could walk to it from the NY Public Library. Our reservation was for 1:30 and we were seated immediately despite the place being quite crowded. My daughter's wedge salad was very good, and my 2 tiny (barely 5 mouths full) Oysters Rockefeller tasty. The fish in my daughter's Fish and Chips was fresh, but the batter coating lacked flavor. My Lobster Roll ($6 supplement) was ok, but quite wet and hard to eat. The hot, crispy French fries on both plates were fabulous. Key Lime Pie and Profiteroles made a nice ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Goodcdiop1Dined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious and our waitress Vanessa was simply fabulous. She went the extra mile and even volunteered to open our lobster. Truly Excellent service from her (she got a nice tip ). We called the manager before we left to let him know how great she was. We will definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014My friends and I made reservations for Restaurant Week in July. There was no air conditioning. The first table we were taken to had absolutely no ventilation. We objected and were moved to an area that had fans to move the air. The hostess was very pleasant and eager to please. We ordered a dish to share - calamari. It was excellent. Our waitress realized that we planned to order from the Restaurant Week menu and informed us that had she known, the dish she provided would not have been as generous. The shrimp cocktail was very good. The branzini was soggy and the filet of sole was dry. Glasses and dishes were removed before the last bite could be taken. Was the management or the server to blame? I don't know, but I am not going back.
- Good for AnytimeFoodiefriendsDined on 7/31/2014This was our second time at City Lobster and Steak during NY Restaurant weeks and found it again to be a delight. The food was fresh and delicious and our waitserver knowledgeable and friendly. We keep telling ourselves that we must return sooner and not wait until the next restaurant week. And We will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014I love this place. Always have a lobster roll. I get there early - noon - and they treat me very well. It's a bit pricey, and it's a shlep from my office, but it is well worth it. I put this is the category of a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014My friends and I visited the restaurant during NYC restaurant week. As soon as we walked in the noise level was very loud. We were seated extremely close to another table. The food was very mediocre and the lump crab cakes has so many shells it was hard to enjoy the dish. Another member of our party had the salmon which was very bland. I would not visit this restaurant again. Also, outside of the wine menu the cocktail menu was very limited.Special Features:
- Decline in qualityer2011Dined on 7/30/2014My cousin and I come here for every single restaurant week and left disappointed. They now have a surcharge to get the main entree the place is named after, have decreased the portion size, and increased the price? After years of this tradition, we will be going elsewhere to celebrate restaurant week.
- AmyBVIPDined on 7/30/2014This is the second time I have been to this restaurant and we loved it during our first visit. This time, there were too many waiters and servers rushing our table and there was nothing special about the food. My friend was getting annoyed that they kept trying to take her plate away while she was still eating! The seafood was ok overall, probably will not rush back.
- Good services. Good location.peashootsDined on 7/30/2014This is a good place for group party in manhattan. Very close to time square and Fifth Ave. I like the food there and the price is ok.Special Features: