City Lobster & Steakhouse
121 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Lobster & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylobster.com/
- Phone: 2123541717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday. 11:30am-11:00pm. Fri - Saturday 11:30am-12:00am. Sun Open until 11:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR 3-COURSE PRE-FIXED LUNCH FOR ONLY $27.50 AND DINNER FOR ONLY $38.50 AVAILABLE DAILY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The fine food and atmosphere at City Lobster & Steak make it the perfect location for corporate dining, holiday parties, and other special events. The main dining area seats 165 & the lounge seats 25. The 15 seat bar is also available for use. We can also cater cocktails events for 20 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriel Biton 2123541717x
A word from City Lobster & Steakhouse
Regional American Seafood, featuring contemporary seafood and shellfish dishes. Special sizing in lobster and a variety of crab. Located at Rockefeller Plaza bordering the Theater District & Times Square. Full service bar and raw bar with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)great for lunch (96)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (54)romantic (46)great for brunch (30)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- ExcellentDonBDined on 8/30/2014We came into town to see a show and we're able to walk here. We were met by personable hosts and even had to modify reservation with no issues. Our server Alex was great and made our visit easy and made suggestions. Wife ordered jumbo shrimp cocktail and I chose field greens salad which was good. Our drinks from the bar were perfect. We chose entree of Filet and linguine with clams. Tasted great and presented promptly. Would definitely recommend to others who need a spot to get great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fabulous!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014City Lobster is our favorite go-to for seafood! The food and service are superb! We will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- PleasedDisappointedDined on 8/22/2014I was very pleased with how the waitress handled my Restaurant.com certificate. I've been frustrated with other restaurants using Restaurant.com certificates in the past but this restaurant kept me informed and were respectful and friendly. Service was great. Staff was professional, courteous, patient and friendly.Special Features:
- opentablefanVIPDined on 8/20/2014For a restaurant at this price point, the service was unprofessional. We had to ask for butter, ask for an oyster fork (which never came), side order was not delivered with main course but 10 minutes later after we had to ask. Also, did not like the lobster pricing - it's $27/pound, but they insisted that all the lobsters were over two pounds. Feel customers are roped into buying more than they want.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but can be betterBennyDined on 8/19/2014The crab cake has chunky meat and tasty, but it would have been better if it's a little less soggy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Though we got to restaurant 30 minutes earlier than reservation we were seated immediately. Our server, Angela was wonderful. The good was fresh and delicious. We'd definitely go back when in the city.Special Features:
- Not FlexibleksmilesDined on 8/16/2014We were disappointed in their no substitutions policy. My friend is allergic to milk, but they would not substitute out the mash potatoes for anything else. They said they would, but never came back with another option, and just ignored us when we asked what had happened. The whole meal felt like they were just cranking out food, rather then being a restaurant. Really not worth the prices they were charging.
- not worth the $ at all..yoonzieDined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week, but also ordered outside the restaurant week menu. There was no ventilation- extremely warm if you sit all the way inside the restaurant. I had to ask for bread multiple times before i finally got it mid-meal, and i never received the water i asked for until i asked AGAIN while getting check. So basically i never got the water and bread that everyone starts with... The lobster was overcooked. I was not the only table in my section that was disturbed by the horrible service. The waiter tried to make it up by giving a free glass of wine and slice of dessert. It was extremely disappointing as i was very excited to go try this place out. Not worth the $
- Heaven!!!DeloDined on 8/15/2014Met a close friend for our annual Restaurant Week dinner. Never a disappointment as we devoured our stable entree the Angry Lobster topped off by a nicely chilled bottle of Champagne and Key lime pie. Service was impeccable with our waitress Vanessa who fully deshelled our 2lb lobsters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Good food, good service. Only issue was air conditioning as we were sitting in a warm area of dining room.
- Great Food & ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2014A group of friends met here to celebrate a birthday. The food and service was excellent. The seafood was fresh and cooked well. The service was good even though it was pretty busy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a nice experience and the shripmp cocktail and oysters rockerfellar was superb; lobster and oysters were excellent. Dessert was delicous peach/blueberry with vanilla ice cream.
- 2014 Restaurant WeekCanadaDined on 8/14/2014My friend and I finally was able to have dinner during Restaurant Week. We chose City Lobster and Steakhouse because of their menu. The selections were better than other restaurants that participated in NYC's Restaurant Week. This was my first time at the restaurant and I will go again! The service, ambience and food were splendid!Special Features:
- city lobsterfoodhoundDined on 8/14/2014we found the restaurant to be welcoming and pleasant. The food was quite good and pleasantlly sevedSpecial Features:
- slightly disappointedduzerDined on 8/13/2014We have been to city lobster before but tonight we were mostly disappointed. We ordered Filet Oscar. The meat was not cooked to what was ordered and when it was sent back the second cut of meat was again not cooked to order and it looked like they took what was returned and just crisped up the outer layer leaving the inside still running red. The crab was half of the portion we had last time and dried out. The other order from our group was supposed to medium rare and came back overcooked and dry on the outside. Hope it was just a cooks bad night. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a HitFeedingMyInnerBigGirlDined on 8/13/2014I read online reviews before coming here and it seemed to be a hit or miss. Luckily for us it was a definite hit! Took my teenage girls for rest week and had a great dining experience. The entire staff was great, our server Mel was awesome and the food was amazing. I had steak, they had lobster and both were cooked to perfection. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!! Must dress accordinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Delicious food!!! Me and my boyfriend were in town from California doing the touristy things and weren't really dressed accordingly. We called before hand for dress code which they advised weren't any. We felt very welcomed at first but seemed like we were much over looked by the staff. The tables did not have silver wear to use. Took a while to get our food and a lot longer for dessert! We stayed much longer than planned. Not to mention all the tables around us were mostly empty so it wasn't during a rush. Much credit to the chiefs, food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful night outAmaraFDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious! Restaurant week was GREAT I am definitely coming back.........................! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and seafoodFormerButterFanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Straightforward but delicious food, great options, friendly service. The quintessential steakhouse option.Special Features:
- OkatJeffOfHobokenDined on 8/12/2014Very tasty food, but for the price point the entree portions are meager. The soup was bigger than the entree. The Small salmon steak came with 2 pieces of asparagus, tasty, but not enough nutrition/vegetable portion. Also for the price point the waitstaff should know who gets what. Otherwise, all the food was excellent, the staff polite, courteous and professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousAnnieVIPDined on 8/11/2014Oysters delicious, crab cake delicious, seafood cioppino delicious! All with a bottle of Prosecco, a great place to celebrate my parents anniversary! John was a very attentive waiter and his wonderful personality certainly added to our experience there. Thank you....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuLoretta22Dined on 8/11/2014This should not be a price-fix restaurant. It is a Lobster eatery but the prices that they add onto the menu for the lobster meal are out of the price fix range, for that reason I will not be going back. I go to other lobster restaurants and they dont add on an extra charge for ordering a lobster dinner. Thanks but no thanks I will not recommend it or go back.
- Convenient to Theatre District EtcdineoutDined on 8/11/2014The service was great and the food was good. I recommend this spot for its convenience. It's a bit expensive though. Go if you need to be near Rockefeller Center. We took advantage of Restaurant Week to have three courses which was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDaveDined on 8/11/2014I had a business lunch reserved for 4 and everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my experience.missmonDined on 8/10/2014i had a great three course meal, but my companion told me that her three course meal came off salty or too sweet and has less of a gourmet experience than i did. it may have to do with the different chefs making our dishes, but i really hope that the quality of the food will be the same through all dishes and not for certain foods. thanks.Special Features:
- NiceSnoozyQzeeDined on 8/9/2014A pleasant place but fell short in the ways that make a restaurant really special. In my opinion, it starts with the bread basket. The rolls were blah and warm not because they were freshly baked but because of a steamer that masked the dryness. Very slow to get the main course, steamed lobsters, that were overcooked. Dessert was great and salvaged what was otherwise an unremarkable meal. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Great food, very slow service.velazqezDined on 8/8/2014Service is extremely slow. We actually waited with menus on hand and no table water for about 15 mins before the waiter came to apologize, only to wait about the same time for our orders, and later the same for our bill. It's a shame, because the food was superb!!!Special Features:
- Bravo City Lobsterdbug216Dined on 8/8/2014This was not my first dining experience there, but brought another couple along. When you introduce friends to a new restaurant, you just hope they like your choice. It was perfect. They were happy "soup to nuts!" They are planning to eat there again, bringing others with them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014The food is terrific. The service us awesome. the decor is classy. the wine list was great.Special Features:
- LunchbanksfriendsDined on 8/8/2014It was our (group) 1st time, we loved it. The wait staff was knowledgeable and very attentive. Great place for good seafood, friendly staff. Nice ambience and very appreciative of your business. Greater you upon arrival and thanked you for coming as you departed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service for a 2:30 lunchKellyyipDined on 8/8/2014I found the food to be fair, not the greatest. The service was exceptional slow which is surprising considering it was a 2:30 P.M. lunch and the place was not crowded. I should have gone to City Crab instead. Though I gave a 20% tip, I find the entire experience to be fairly disappointing.Special Features:
- Rest week menudyingDined on 8/8/2014Rest week menu downgraded and didn't pop as much as it did in the pastSpecial Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 8/7/2014The lobster roll, oysters and martini all were right on. We ate at the bar and bartender Jimmy was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Food was great. The lobster roll is filled with lobster!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster!BestMealEverVIPDined on 8/7/2014I went here for restaurant week and can say that this place had the best lobster i've ever tasted. It was the perfect Sunday brunch meal and I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Broken Air ConditionerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Everything was great except it was about 85 degrees in the place and very uncomfortable and the staff didnt seem to care and got very rude when i asked my seat to be moved closer to the door.Special Features:
- Not greatYU78Dined on 8/6/2014I was expecting better service and better food. I had to ask for my waiter and the food took very long to come out. Won't go back.
- Great Lobster!PSJCRDDined on 8/6/2014I have been to this restaurant twice, and had excellent food both times. The first time I had shrimp, which was wonderful. Most recently my husband and I both got lobster, prepared two different ways. I Higly recommend their specialty Angry Lobster. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Girlfriends night outSapphire6Dined on 8/5/2014Their Restaurant Week menu very impressive and extensive compared to the other surf and turf restaurants. My girlfriend truly enjoyed her lobster so much that she was calling the chef her boyfriend because he knew exactly how she wanted her lobster. Our server was very attentive and pleasant and for a Tuesday night the restaurant was very lively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy, BUTLilyliciousDined on 8/5/2014Came here for Restaurant week cuz the menu choices far exceed other seafood restaurants on the list. Most give you a choice of 3 items, City Lobster had a choice of 6 apps, 9 entrees & 3 deserts. The lobster was AMAZING sweet and delicious The Cioppino was delish & apps were great as well. Now for the bad part The waiter who although was fantastic kept stepping on my foot under the table. I swear about 4 times. with no acknowledgment of it at all. The AC was NONEXISTENT, its the middle of summer people, the ceiling fans dont do the trick, (waiter told me the owner refuses to have it fixed) That was all, we werent rushed, our meal was great, the service (besides my broken toes and sweating forehead) was decent I will be back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.