City Lobster & Steakhouse
121 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Lobster & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylobster.com/
- Phone: 2123541717x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday. 11:30am-11:00pm. Fri - Saturday 11:30am-12:00am. Sun Open until 11:00pm
JOIN US FOR OUR 3-COURSE PRE-FIXED LUNCH FOR ONLY $27.50 AND DINNER FOR ONLY $38.50 AVAILABLE DAILY.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The fine food and atmosphere at City Lobster & Steak make it the perfect location for corporate dining, holiday parties, and other special events. The main dining area seats 165 & the lounge seats 25. The 15 seat bar is also available for use. We can also cater cocktails events for 20 to 300 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriel Biton 2123541717x
A word from City Lobster & Steakhouse
Regional American Seafood, featuring contemporary seafood and shellfish dishes. Special sizing in lobster and a variety of crab. Located at Rockefeller Plaza bordering the Theater District & Times Square. Full service bar and raw bar with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Lobster & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)great for lunch (105)fit for foodies (104)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (51)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (31)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (16)scenic view (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Outstanding as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants because I love Alaskan King Crab legs and you can get 20 oz. either steamed or sauteed. DeliciouslSpecial Features:
- The food and service was greatPab1Dined on 10/14/2014Great food and service very timely made , we came before a show and made it on time, north lobster was great and the filet was good as well, the waiters were very friendly and made sure every thing is rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceMarebdayDined on 10/12/2014This was my second time here. First experience was excellent. Now it service wasnt good. Attendants should be mire empathics with visitors, explain the menu and fullfill needs..be nicer and understand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great prix-fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2014great pre-theater choice. seafood and prix-fixe were delicious and there were so many different options.Special Features:
- Good for a business lunchdine2shareDined on 10/9/2014The location and prix fixe lunch make this place attractive for meeting people over lunch. However, the wait staff is inattentive and my lobster and shrimp cobb salad arrived under seasoned and under sauced. The waiter tried to convince me it was thus because "it is a heavy sauce", which it is not by any means. Ultimately he relented and brought additional sauce on the side. I intend to give City Lobster another try, this time to check our its raw bar offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Heard good things about the restaurant from other people so we were looking forward to trying it. Unfortunately, our Lobster rolls were mediocre, soggy, small for the cost. French fries were cold and limp.
- Consistently high qualityGolosoneDined on 10/8/2014I've had lunch here many times -- salmon, bronzino, scallops, and a tuna nicoise with slabs of perfectly seared tuna stand out in memory. The food is always good and the service is reliably good to excellent (attentive without being intrusive). The key lime pie for dessert is deservedly popular. the bar at one end of the restaurant is casual, popular, and also features excellent service for after-work drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Lobster and SteakMrBlueSkiesVIPDined on 10/5/2014We had the daily special, 6 oz lobster tail, 6 oz filet, 3 ozs lump crab, and 3 asparagus for $46. Worth every penny. The filet and lobster were cooked perfectly. You literally could cut the filet with your fork. Came with a side of melted butter and hollandaise sauce. We ordered the side of lobster mash. It had a fair amount of lobster but was mushy and odd-tasting. Would not order again. Service was outstanding. No special cocktails but both the Martini and Manhatten were well made. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairly unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014The service was disorganized and poor. We had to ask several times for several things (um, I ordered glass of wine?, remember we've asked for salt? The wine? The salt?... The food was not unpleasant, but it was not particularly hot, and my friend's steak was a little over done.
- Great lobsterRichDined on 10/2/2014Lobster was delicious, service outstanding. Caesar salad good, shrimp cocktail was wonderful largest I've ever eaten a meal in it's selfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reviews but disappointedBistrofanVIPDined on 9/29/2014Read the prior reviews, generally very good. We went at 7pm on a Monday night, restaurant was not overly busy. Friendly greeting and shown to our seats. Service was best part of meal, friendly and attentive. Food was average at best. Too many other great places to go in NYC to waste a meal at this restaurant.
- Pleasantly surprised...RobinVIPDined on 9/29/2014If you're looking for a seafood - type of restaurant in the theater district that serves good food at moderate prices this is your restaurant.Special Features:
- Go To - Seafood RestaurantmiomangiaDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed the excellent seafood dishes and our waiter was quite attentive and hospitable. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Nice SurprisePeteralanVIPDined on 9/26/2014CL&S does an amazing prix fixe and the regular menu also has some terrific choices. Our waiter suggested that we try the 99 cent oysters, which were excellent. I had the deluxe, Seafood Cobb salad which was filled with lobster, crab and shrimp and was the perfect pre-theater dinner choice. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!!JoniDined on 9/25/2014The service was Great, food was none stop love to come here before the show.Thanks again for a good time as always.Special Features:
- Not What We RememberGlobalDinerVIPDined on 9/22/2014City Lobster in the theater district is usually our spot to dine when we go see a show. However, there are been MANY changes in the last 2 yrs: increased prices every 6 mths & the items on the pre-fix menu have gone to less desirable items. But we still enjoyed the food. However, this time our meal was over cooked and dried out. Also the Pre-fix has increased again & there is no more "Lobster Bake" on it nor does the 2 lb lobster come w/any sides (just the lobster), also the supplement used to be $4, then it was $8, then it was $12, and now it is $16! Makes no sense to even put the 2 lb lobster on the pre-fix! This place just isn't what is was and there are too many really good places to eat in the theater district than eat here.Special Features:
- Great dinner before the show.TedCDined on 9/20/2014My fiance and I wanted to have dinner close to the theater. After looking at their menu in line, we chose City Lobster and Steakhouse. We started with a dozen oysters. Fresh and delicious. My fiance had the yellowfin tuna and I had the cornmeal crusted salmon. Cooked perfectly. And the service was impeccable. We will definitely be going back when in NYC add-inSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as always!CherylDined on 9/20/2014This is my go-to restaurant when visiting NYC for the theater. It's convenient to the theater scene, has fantastic food, service and ambiance! It's a class act in my book!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/18/2014I have been here many times and always had the most amazing times. However this night we ordered the price fix and everything was fine. After waiting longer than normal the waitress came to us and apologized that the desserts we chose were not available would we mind choosing another dessert. 15 minutes later no dessert arrived but the waitress came back apologized again saying our second dessert was now gone but we could order from the full dessert menu. We did and said to her does this mean we will get our desserts without a wait. She said yes. After 15 minutes we went her her she got snotty and said talk to the manager. Her attitude was shocking given that we were so understanding. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- Tired, spent & uninspiredLml4400VIPDined on 9/17/2014With my office in the building, I eat here often. They've removed all specials from the menu and you can't even have a piece of grilled fish, which they were previously known for. The menu is dated, tired and available anywhere so why bother
- alpalzDined on 9/14/2014Expensive, $100 between me and my date plus $20 tip. Food was great, steak was made very well. Lobster is Lobster, nothing extremely special about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!WildAboutMusikDined on 9/14/2014This was not our first nor our last visit to City Lobster when in NYC! We had another Amazing meal here. We had lunch this time, the Lobster bisque was just amazing, the Deluxe Seafood Cobb is great and the Sea Bass melted in your mouth!!!! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Impressed by the fresh tasty seafood and presentation. Certainly take advantage of the "The restaurant week special menu". An excellent deal for $38.00. Services was great!! Beers was a little overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty GoodsoupheadDined on 9/11/2014The food was good but not great. The service was excellent! Good for a business lunch if you must have lobster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Baseball TripTigerFanDined on 9/6/2014City Lobster and Steakhouse was a good place to eat. Food was good and staff was great.Special Features:
- Awesome food awesome serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent restaurant in the heart of the theatre district. The staff, service, food, wine and atmosphere were excellent. Great meal before our show.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceMaddiVIPDined on 9/4/2014Lovely table, able to converse without an "energetic" noisy room and a wonderful waiter. I would go back again and again for a pre theater dinner.Special Features:
- US Open travelerArkansastennisman26Dined on 9/1/2014Very good menu and atmosphere. Lobsters were great. Took awhile to get noticed by waiter on a very slow night. But when he did all was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster HeavenBrunchheavenDined on 8/31/2014Try the Angry Lobster! Amazing!! The surcharge of $16 was pretty tacky. Great service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly Good and some bad!agedogDined on 8/31/2014Location and layout was good, and the waiter was very helpful. Staters were amazing I would recommend trying the lobster pancake rolls as they were delicious. My wife had the calamari which was also good. The main dish did take over 40mins to arrive. I had a 2lb steamed lobster and wife had fillet minion with creamed potatoes and asparagus. The lobster was a bit tough and severely lacking flavour, however my wife's steak with bearnaise was amazing, as was her potatoes. Total bill with a bottle of wine was $175 which was steep to say the least... I would expect Michelin star quality dining for this price but it ticked a box on things to do in Manhattan. Overall good but could be better....Special Features:
- Good ChoicediniVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is the perfect pre- or post-theatre spot for oysters, lobster or clams. The linguine with clam sauce is just delicious. Fabulous salads are also on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMiri700Dined on 8/30/2014Crab meat was very salty filet minon not that perfect and lobster was like an 8 For usSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDonBDined on 8/30/2014We came into town to see a show and we're able to walk here. We were met by personable hosts and even had to modify reservation with no issues. Our server Alex was great and made our visit easy and made suggestions. Wife ordered jumbo shrimp cocktail and I chose field greens salad which was good. Our drinks from the bar were perfect. We chose entree of Filet and linguine with clams. Tasted great and presented promptly. Would definitely recommend to others who need a spot to get great service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fabulous!!!ssbn616nukeDined on 8/30/2014City Lobster is our favorite go-to for seafood! The food and service are superb! We will most definitely be back!Special Features:
- PleasedDisappointedDined on 8/22/2014I was very pleased with how the waitress handled my Restaurant.com certificate. I've been frustrated with other restaurants using Restaurant.com certificates in the past but this restaurant kept me informed and were respectful and friendly. Service was great. Staff was professional, courteous, patient and friendly.Special Features:
- opentablefanVIPDined on 8/20/2014For a restaurant at this price point, the service was unprofessional. We had to ask for butter, ask for an oyster fork (which never came), side order was not delivered with main course but 10 minutes later after we had to ask. Also, did not like the lobster pricing - it's $27/pound, but they insisted that all the lobsters were over two pounds. Feel customers are roped into buying more than they want.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but can be betterBennyDined on 8/19/2014The crab cake has chunky meat and tasty, but it would have been better if it's a little less soggy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Though we got to restaurant 30 minutes earlier than reservation we were seated immediately. Our server, Angela was wonderful. The good was fresh and delicious. We'd definitely go back when in the city.Special Features:
- Not FlexibleksmilesDined on 8/16/2014We were disappointed in their no substitutions policy. My friend is allergic to milk, but they would not substitute out the mash potatoes for anything else. They said they would, but never came back with another option, and just ignored us when we asked what had happened. The whole meal felt like they were just cranking out food, rather then being a restaurant. Really not worth the prices they were charging.
- not worth the $ at all..yoonzieDined on 8/15/2014Went for restaurant week, but also ordered outside the restaurant week menu. There was no ventilation- extremely warm if you sit all the way inside the restaurant. I had to ask for bread multiple times before i finally got it mid-meal, and i never received the water i asked for until i asked AGAIN while getting check. So basically i never got the water and bread that everyone starts with... The lobster was overcooked. I was not the only table in my section that was disturbed by the horrible service. The waiter tried to make it up by giving a free glass of wine and slice of dessert. It was extremely disappointing as i was very excited to go try this place out. Not worth the $