255 State Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylanding.com/
- Phone: (617) 725-0305
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Brodsky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off premise catering options are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Entertainment: A sophisticated and eclectic collection of world, jazz and contemporary music sets the tone for this modern yet comfortable space.
- Special Events: City Landing hosts special events. They can be found on the restaurant's website at http://www.citylanding.com/news-and-events
- Cross Street: State Street and Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Directly across the street from City Landing is the Aquarium Station T-stop (on the Blue Line), Long Wharf Ferry Terminal, Water Taxi Dock and Hubway Bicycle Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking is available at the Rowes Wharf Garage. Simply bring your parking slip and present it to your server for validation.
$12 Nights and Weekends, $27 All Day Parking
30 Rowes Wharf
Boston MA 02110
Several garages and parking lots are in the immediate area within a five minute stroll of City Landing.
A word from City Landing
City Landing is a contemporary, upscale-casual restaurant located at 255 State Street, serving lunch and dinner seven days a week with Sunday brunch. Forbes Four-Star award winning Chef/Owner Bill Brodsky prepares contemporary American cuisine that meets an energetic and casually sophisticated design, care of Boston's Stephen Sousa. Open airy windows overlook Long Wharf and the Rose Kennedy Greenway; just seconds away from Faneuil Hall, the NE Aquarium and Harbor. A convivial and comfortable setting sees splashes of mint green and rich mahogany, accented by natural quartz stone inlaid with mosaic glass tiles and chic high end lighting. The menu features a large variety of American fare including thoughtful seafood dishes, artisan pizzettas, creative salads and a bounty of carefully crafted entrees produced from locally indigenous ingredients. The bar features small plate tapas, specialty cocktails, local distilleries, local brews on tap, and a reasonably priced wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)special occasion (41)good for groups (36)great for lunch (34)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Service and Amazing FoodgeorgemctDined on 11/15/2014This is a great spot right near the water to grab a delicious meal on a special occasion. The staff is friendly and extremely accommodating. This location is highly recommended for food allergies and special diets. The staff was very great about helping with menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryWillDined on 11/12/2014Made a reservation for our 3 year anniversary online and made note that it was our anniversary. The staff wished us a happy anniversary upon arrival. Had great gf fried calamari as well as a spread with gf crackers plate. Wait staff was patient, friendly and prompt. Drinks were wonderful especially the tokyo spring and with the exception of a jack's abbey draught that was kicked and replaced with a fresh keg that wouldn't paur right. The lobster dish I had was cooked to perfection, the brussel sprout bacon hash was super fresh and tasty and my gfs skirt steak was still good the next day for lunch. Thanks City Landing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodSusieVIPDined on 11/9/2014Four of us enjoyed an excellent meal after a concert at Faneuil Hall; three of us had a very special lobster preparation which was exquisite. With potatoes, corn soufflé, and asparagus, the butter poached lobster out of the shell was perfectly cooked and much exclaimed over. Wines were interesting and available by the 6 or 9 oz. pour. No champagne by the glass though--orosecco was available though. Martinis are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindLVB1965Dined on 11/8/2014For those of you who know the Faneuil Hall area of Boston it is better known as a tourist attraction then a place to good out to dinner. My daughter asked us to drive her and a friend into the city for the evening or else we wouldn't have selected this area to eat at. We were looking for something more upscale than what you find in the market area. The ambiance was nice. It has large windows allowing for people watching. The food was good and locally sourced. My only comment is the portions are on the small side and the prices are high. Other than that it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returned to City LandingHarrisjrDined on 11/8/2014This is the third time that I've taken my special friend to City Landing. The first time, we were particularly impressed with the knowledgeable bartender and waiter. The food was excellent and we found a Santa Barbara Pinot Noir that we particularly liked. On the other visits, the wine, food, and service continued to be excellent. It deserves to do well. I was surprised on this last visit that there is no longer valet parking and the crowd on a Saturday evening was sparse, but was more full later in the evening. Also I noted that the outside sign has burned out sections. I hope they're not in difficulty. The food and service remain excellent.Special Features:
- Good service, food and atmosphere!yrkwonDined on 11/7/2014We've been to 3 restaurants in a row on a business dining while in Boston, and city landing was the best one of all. Good service, everything came out on time, not too noisy. We were seated on a big round table where 4 of us could all freely talk to each other. All the members who came to the restaurant with me were satisfied with their service. The only thing was that we had too much food that we had no room for a dessert!Special Features:
- Excellent meal/ Excellent serviceblonderunnerDined on 11/5/2014The food was all presented well, food was delicious, perfect temperature. Mussels were perfect, salmon and lobster were excellent. YUMMY BREAD. Staff was very pleasant and genuinely nice. Our waiter was perfect. I noticed a lot of teamwork amongst the staff. Definitely would go again or recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 10/29/2014burger was unique and excellent! I would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- A great mixPediRNDined on 10/25/2014Gluten free dietary options that made my gluten free friend very happy! Great bread. Great wine. Great cocktails. And they could accommodate a large group of 7 on a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location and good choicesBoston4babsDined on 10/25/2014Really enjoyed eating here with friends and family, we went twice as you can eat very light and flavourful dishes or something more substantial. We worked our way through the delicious starters and enjoyed mains and desserts. I particularly enjoyed the crab and avocado salad. The only niggle was that our coffees were cold but they were promptly replaced when we asked for this. Suitable for vegetarians and gluten free, would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizettasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/22/2014The Pizetta which was shared was a highlight of the meal - seasonal butternut squash and carmelized onions. Both of my companions enjoyed salmon - one in a salad and one as an entre. I found the lamb Bolognese a little on the sweet side, but still good.Special Features:
- Loved,loved loved!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My family came to visit me and I made a reservation here based on peer reviews and we were not let down at all. The fall menu was amazing and we were not disappointed by anything we ate. The pumpkin gnocchi is a must have!!! Also, the desserts were great, especially the s'mores jar. We arrived about 10 minutes before our reservation and were seated on time. However, while we were waiting for our table my parents and sister got drinks and it was a little offensive when the bartender carded my 22 year old sister and asked for two ids. We were there as a family and I respect IDing but the bartender was not friendly at all and very rude about it. Overall, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014My boyfriend and I were very excited to dine here, they have a specific menu just for gluten-free and one just for vegetarian. The quality of food was good but the portions were disappointing. I got the sea bass, and it looked like they tossed two scallops on my plate, I was expecting a larger piece of fish. My boyfriend got the lamb bolognese which was a much larger meal, but he was not completely full. Also, we had mentioned when making the reservation that we were celebrating a special occasion, and there was zero mention of that during our experience there.Special Features:
- Finding a great resturantmama7Dined on 10/12/2014This past weekend, my honey and I went on a funnymoon, to celebrate our alone time before the upcoming season of holidays He took care of the room and I was to provide ideas to see and places to eat. Our one big dining was to be Sunday October 12,in Boston on the Wharf. I had no idea, not having been iin Boston for almost 40 years. I did know however that farm to table, sustainable and organic was very important to me. I looked up and came to City Landing on resturants in Boston. The gluten free menu looked great, and they had a good choice of vegan food as well. We were so happily suprised, great plates, warm service and terrific low noise . Loved the wooden ariel view sculpture on walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceKapersVIPDined on 10/7/2014This the second time time we have been to City Landing, the food and the service has always been great!Special Features:
- Perfect lunchlillibetVIPDined on 9/29/2014There were so many great choices on the menu and the vegetarian/gluten-free menu included many special items not on the regular menu, not just adapted versions of the regular dishes. Everything was fresh and delicious and the service was friendly and helpful. It was very quiet on a Monday afternoon--great for conversation.Special Features:
- SerendipityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014After a very long day we used the Around Me App and found this restaurant right across the street from our hotel. The menu offered many options for those of us who are required to eat gluten free. There are even several choices for vegans. From appetizer to dessert every single dish was packed with flavor and cooked to perfection. Portion sizes are perfect. It was serendipity for three very hungry but utterly exhausted travelers.Special Features:
- Els21Dined on 9/27/2014The food was absolutely delicious, loved the scallops. The service was great and it was a very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitySlickersDined on 9/16/2014Friendly and attentive staff with great senses of humor! Our waitress was attentive but not overbearing and made us feel at home.Special Features:
- Good food, reasonably pricedjustincase11Dined on 9/16/2014At 6pm on a Tuesday night the dining area was fairly empty, but it filled up quickly over the next 2 hours. The service was good, the food was great, and the prices were reasonable. We ate indoors, but the outdoor seating looked like it would be a great choice when the weather permits.Special Features:
- Vegan FriendlyGDFLSDined on 9/12/2014Happy to have them offer a specific menu for vegetarian / vegan dinners! The service was excellent and very attentive to our dietary needs. The food was exceptional and well thought out - not just 'oh here is a salad' type dish for alternative dinners.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Ladies night out with a group of old friends. I saw a piece about City Landing on Chronicle so I suggested it. We all loved it! The service was great, food was outstanding. We had the pizzettes which were amazing, Scallop signature dish to die for! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new findLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014I took a friend here for her birthday and we had a terrific experience. The staff was very attentive and accommodated my food issues and made me a special dish.They presented a delicious dessert for my friend, including writing her name and happy birthday on the dish. The ambiance was lovely and included outside seating. One thing- the mini lobster rolls were to die for. They were buttery and sweet. We had these as an appetizer and both agreed we could have 4 orders each and be totally satiated and happy.Special Features:
- good foodLyndaDined on 9/3/2014Good food, good service, great outdoor seating. I would recommend this restaurant to those who are visiting Boston and for those who live in Boston.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantMartinDined on 9/2/2014Overall, we had a positive experience at this restaurant. The food is very good and servings are adequate. The service was friendly. It was very quiet and the ambiance was somehow ''too'' quiet. It is a big dining room and and it was empty. The waiter explained that it was the transition period between summer clients and reguar locals. Maybe this good be alleviated by music or a different lighting set up. We are New York City regulars and used too a little more life.Special Features:
- So SoLoveGoodFoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014At the beginning, we felt reused by the waiter and then as the meal progressed, he was hard to find and not very attentive. Fried calamari and heirloom tomato side was delicious ... Meatloaf and Ahi tuna mains not so successful ... Seems like the chef was really heavy handed with the salt. Desert special of peaches and cream was ok if you don't want anything sweet ... Eating a ripe peach is a lot sweeter.
- Great dining experience!DebbieNHDined on 8/30/2014We dined at City Landing for the first time this weekend and they did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful from the delicious food to the wait staff. We were not rushed at all and this made for a very enjoyable dining experience. We ordered the red sangria which was great and were served warm delicious rolls. My husband ordered the gazpacho which was very flavorful and I had the clam chowder and was one of the best that I have had. The scallops served with mushroom ravioli was a highlight of the meal and super good. Dessert was also very yummy. We shared the coconut tart was was creamy and delicious. We will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Gavin123Dined on 8/30/2014Our friends at the Boston Harbor Hotel recommended City Landing, and we were not disappointed. It was a quite lunch scene for Labor Day. However, when we came back after our Duck Tour, it was hoping inside and out. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Servie/Overpriced FoodBella25VIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived at the restaurant at 7:30pm on a Friday night and the restaurant was empty and there was even a private party taking up half the restaurant. We were seated and the waitress came over took our drink order when she came back she took our appetizer order. She never came back to the table again until it was 8pm. We still hadn't ordered and hadn't received our appetizers, which was tomato salad and mussels - itemsf that shouldn't take long to make especially no other guests. She finally came back to take our order, apps came, but we didn't get our food until 8:45pm. Afterward she NEVER came back to the table to check on everything and refill drinks until she dropped off the check. Terrible service and food wasn't worth the price.
- consistently deliciousalavalleyDined on 8/28/2014every time i come, the food continues to be great.
- Never disappointsladylukeDined on 8/25/2014This is my go-to place for lunch with friends. I am always impressed by the elegant setting and by the fact that anyone casually dressed is made to feel welcome. The servers are very knowledgable about the menu. This most recent visit I spent some time at the bar, and I was pleased with the thoughtful advice of the bartender when I was hesitating over a wine selection. The food is excellent overall, but for those of us who need to eat gluten-free, this is THE place to go. It is a joy to order soups and other items with no need to worry if the kitchen is paying attention to allergies. And I always have a side of one of their fantastic fries. The truffle fries may be a little expensive, but they are worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loyal dinersJaneolVIPDined on 8/24/2014We eat lunch or dinner there most Sundays. The food is always wonderful. I recently had a dinner sized portion of their mussels which were heavenly. The staff always remembers us and goes out of their way to engage us and give us the very best service! Jane OSpecial Features:
- Nice Lunch OutsideTheOneTNVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a nice lunch at City Landing. I enjoyed the mini lobster roll appetizer and the Steak Frites. Sitting outside was nice, I guess the only disappointing part is being in view of all the tour busses and tourists. It was a solid experience - nice, and I may go again, but for dinner to get a different perspective.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekEHM282Dined on 8/22/2014We went on a Friday night at 8:30 and it was great. There were only a few other tables of people which may have facilitated the excellent service we received. I decided to try some new dishes starting off with the rabbit sausage. The next dish was the duck cooked medium rare which melted in your mouth. I finished off with the chocolate mousse. Overall the dinner was exceptional and I would recommend this others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for friendsiluvf00dDined on 8/15/2014I went here with two of my friends, and it was quiet enough for us to have good conversation but still lively enough to be exciting! The food was great, I especially liked the gluten free and vegetarian menu options. I will definitely come back here soon.Special Features:
- Nice venueLyneDined on 8/15/2014Food was good, however we found it a little too salty to our liking. Service was very good and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014We went to City Landing after seeing a television article on the restaurants that use local farm products and how fresh the food at the restaurant was. Made a reservation through Open Table and was most impressed. Upon arrival we were greeted nicely and seated at a street view window seat. Our waiter John O was the best! His enthusiasm and recommendations were most helpful in enhancing our wonderful meal. While it was our first visit, I know it will not be the last. The location is great, but the food is just superb. The scallops were the dish John O suggested, and he was absolutely correct. Hope to see them soon.Special Features:
- Great service & kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Not only was the wait service top notch, the the kitchen was extremely accommodating making sure our party's specific dietary restrictions were met. All the food was amazing, unique, and cooked to our specifications. Apart from some noisy Boston motorists, the outdoor dining was very relaxing and comfortable. Overall, an amazing restaurant and a gem, we will definitely come back!Special Features:
- So much to see.JillyDined on 8/8/2014We ate outside on a beautiful, very busy day, so I feel bad rating the noise level. It was noisy, and just what we were looking for while visiting the city for lunch. Everything was perfect here.Special Features:
- All around greatRFV1234Dined on 8/7/2014I am a regular at City Landing taking friends and family. There are always wonderful choices on the menu for each course and the menu changes with new surprises frequentlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.