255 State Street
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citylanding.com/
- Phone: (617) 725-0305
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Vegetarian / Vegan, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bill Brodsky
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off premise catering options are available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Entertainment: A sophisticated and eclectic collection of world, jazz and contemporary music sets the tone for this modern yet comfortable space.
- Special Events: City Landing hosts special events. They can be found on the restaurant's website at http://www.citylanding.com/news-and-events
- Cross Street: State Street and Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Directly across the street from City Landing is the Aquarium Station T-stop (on the Blue Line), Long Wharf Ferry Terminal, Water Taxi Dock and Hubway Bicycle Station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking is available at the Rowes Wharf Garage. Simply bring your parking slip and present it to your server for validation.
$12 Nights and Weekends, $27 All Day Parking
30 Rowes Wharf
Boston MA 02110
Several garages and parking lots are in the immediate area within a five minute stroll of City Landing.
A word from City Landing
City Landing is a contemporary, upscale-casual restaurant located at 255 State Street, serving lunch and dinner seven days a week with Sunday brunch. Forbes Four-Star award winning Chef/Owner Bill Brodsky prepares contemporary American cuisine that meets an energetic and casually sophisticated design, care of Boston's Stephen Sousa. Open airy windows overlook Long Wharf and the Rose Kennedy Greenway; just seconds away from Faneuil Hall, the NE Aquarium and Harbor. A convivial and comfortable setting sees splashes of mint green and rich mahogany, accented by natural quartz stone inlaid with mosaic glass tiles and chic high end lighting. The menu features a large variety of American fare including thoughtful seafood dishes, artisan pizzettas, creative salads and a bounty of carefully crafted entrees produced from locally indigenous ingredients. The bar features small plate tapas, specialty cocktails, local distilleries, local brews on tap, and a reasonably priced wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Landing reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (46)good for groups (39)great for lunch (34)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (29)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (14)great for brunch (10)hot spot (9)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Our waiter Tim was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2012Our waiter Tim was very friendly and took time when he could to stay and chat with us a moment or two to get to know us better. The lobster rolls were super tasty.
- Overpriced for the qualityDFoxMuVIPDined on 10/2/2012Overpriced for the quality of food. For those prices, you can many finer establishments on the waterfront, North End, etc.Special Features:
- Good but priceyZachVIPDined on 9/28/2012The food here is quite good, and I don't mind paying for an excellent meal, but I left City Landing thinking I didn't get quite what I paid for. I think other diners must agree, since the room was very empty at 8 p.m. on a Friday. I had scallops, which were delicious and cooked perfectly. My wife had steak, which she liked a lot. The appetizers are small but creative and well-prepared. The drink menu is not encyclopedic, but there's something for most tastes. City Landing is a fine meal, but maybe not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Off to a good start .....cageyleftyVIPDined on 9/28/2012Wanted to try something different on a Friday night, and City Landing was the destination. Definitely has potential, had a tasty, tiny lobster roll appetizer, a little too much butter, but .... tried the burger which was really good, but stands on its own without a pickle in the sandwich, on the side is sufficent. A little pricey in terms of entrees, especially in a tourist area, could have also used a bigger table to spread out with drinks, bread, appetizers, and ... people!Special Features:
- Excellent place for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2012Excellent place for lunch. Food was very fresh and very well prepared. Service very attentive. Quiet enough for conversation at lunch.Special Features:
- We had a business dinner thereNYGracieVIPDined on 9/24/2012We had a business dinner there for 6 people. Noise level was appropriate in that we were able to talk and hear each other without straining. The menu is varied and the food is very good. My only negative comment is that its quite expensive, considering the style of restaurant, food and portion size. For example, the tenderloin is fixed wonderfully but the portion size is small for the $39 price tag. We actually asked for more bread AFTER people finished their dinner as many of the guys were still hungry:-) So prices maybe could use an overhaul but this was a positive dining experience.Special Features:
- Business lunch gemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2012Had a business lunch there and it worked out great. Great food and we could hear each other. Would definitely go back. Excellent service. Expect to get stung for parking, but it was worth it.Special Features:
- Loved the vegan menu. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2012Loved the vegan menu. The manager was wonderful and very attentive. Had a wonderful experience and looking forward to returning soon.
- Amazing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2012We have been to City Landing many times and each time I have had an excellent experience. The food takes center stage and is fresh, flavorful and innovative. The service is outstanding and accomodating to requests!Special Features:
- I was sorry to see Sel DeFoodieVIPDined on 9/18/2012I was sorry to see Sel De Le Terre leave but this is a great replacement. The food was excellent as was the wine (by the glass) and the new lighter upholstery is lovely.Special Features:
- Disappointed...Linda2014VIPDined on 9/16/2012Felt like it was to early to try this restaurant...they did not have their full game on and seemed timidly there in everything. Watching the bartender look at a recipe to make my cocktail was a bit weird...then there was a conundrum over whether we were to pay the bar tender for our drinks when we went to our table for dinner or have them posted to our dinner bill. Food was good but not over the top like I imagined from the reviews and menu descriptions... overall it was ok..probably would not go back.
- food was excellent. we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012food was excellent. we were in a side room that was terrible. the main dining hall and bar looked like much more fun.Special Features:
- Fantastic menu, deliciousRFV1234Dined on 9/14/2012Fantastic menu, delicious food with many surprises, and great service.Special Features:
- I had a wonderful lunch lastbrowneyedsusanVIPDined on 9/13/2012I had a wonderful lunch last week at City Landing, conveniently located blocks from South Station, near the water and tour boats, and tour buses. The indoor dining room was somewhat quiet with just a few tables filled, but outside tables were full, Too hot to eat outside. The service was fabulous. Very attentive Asst. General Manager. Chef sent a comped appetizer since I was from out of state. Loved entire experience. Only complaint - music was somewhat loud since the sound system speaker was directly overhead. I really prefer no music, personally but what was playing was not soothing. Great calamari, toy box tomatoes/asparagus tempura/mozzarella salad was delightful, as were the chips and fish - lightly breaded haddock.Special Features:
- Restaurant general managerAnneSVIPDined on 9/11/2012Restaurant general manager was friendly, accommodating, honest and talktaive. Soups were amazing!Special Features:
- The service at City LandingJackieAVIPDined on 9/9/2012The service at City Landing is consistently superior. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- We recently went to City LandingOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/9/2012We recently went to City Landing for Sunday Brunch. The food was creative and exceptional, and the service was great. Although we were the only people in the restaurant for some time, I'm sure as word gets out that City Landing has a great, non-traditional brunch offerings, it will be difficult to get a reservation.Special Features:
- My meal was not to my liking.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/8/2012My meal was not to my liking. The shrimp tasted fishy. I sent it back and got a caesar salad that was just ok. I've had better elsewhere.
- This restaurant was incrediblyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2012This restaurant was incredibly expensive for the size of the portions. The wine was also priced extremely high, $22.00 for a glass of wine! Also, there was nothing memorable about anything we ate. The restaurant was very loud and the service was sub par. With all of the options for dining in Boston I think City Landing will have trouble staying in business.
- very good food, but maybeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012very good food, but maybe a little to less for a big HungerSpecial Features:
- OutstandingLaPeNYCDined on 9/3/2012We had a fabulous time! The menu offered Gluten Free and was delicious, considering I am new to eating Gluten Free. The service was impeccable! "Tim" our server/waiter, was extremely attentive and very knowledgable about the wines, and the Gluten Free Menu. We sat outside and never felt rushed. We had the three spread app the risotto half portion and the spiced fries all with a Gruner! All was delicious!! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceTKsMusicVIPDined on 9/1/2012Our party of four had a wonderful experience at City Landing. Our waiter, Ian, was knowledgeable, humorous and attentive. When we walked out of City Landing our reaction was, "I'd go back there again."Special Features:
- Very enjoyable Well worthOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2012Very enjoyable Well worth a visit. Look forward to going Bach.Special Features:
- Great location, very overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012Great space and location with nice outdoor seating. Menu has a lot of great options, but it is significantly overpriced. It's an upscale but casual dining experience right on the waterfront, but at the price of a 5 star restaurant.Special Features:
- had a nice business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2012had a nice business lunch at city landing. salmon dish and side salad both very good. ambiance and decor both impressive. service attentive, however lacked in areas of knowledge of menu items, ect. overall definitely will go back.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012The food was amazing. Salad fresh and dressing delicious..Beef Tenderloin was the best I have ever had! I will be a regular at this wonderful new restaurant!Special Features:
- Gluten free and vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012Gluten free and vegetarian menu. the chef makes his own gluten free bread and pasta's that are out of this world! perfect for groups with people that have special food needs! amazing dinner!Special Features:
- Great new restaurantEatwellVIPDined on 8/23/2012This is a wonderful addition to the Boston restaurant scene. The room is bright and beautiful, the food is terrific, and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- This new restaurant is tryingmantle777Dined on 8/21/2012This new restaurant is trying very hard, and succeeding, in providing excellent food and service. Warm greetings from the staff for all patrons and attentive service at bar and at dinner. The food was excellent - both trout and ribeye (cooked just as ordered). They will get a lot of repeat business.Special Features:
- Bring back the previous tennantgoodforadrinkDined on 8/21/2012I was looking for a place to have an informal lunch with one of my clients and had very good experiences with the former restuarant, Sel de la Terre, at this locations so wanted to try the new one, City Landing. Unfortunately, it was like night and day. The waitress brought the wrong drinks to the table but quickly corrected things. The two of us both order just the burger which were nothing special. It came with one pickle slice, relish and cheese. Pretty skimpy if you ask me. And the roll was soft and spongy which soaked up all the fat from the burger to become a less than appetizing mess.
- I was disappointed. GivenOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012I was disappointed. Given the location I thought this would be a great spot. Brunch offerings were meager and the waitress acted like she wanted us gone. We finished our second drink as meals were cleared and were never offered another drink, just the check. The outdoor dining space where we were sitting wasn't even half full. We were very surprised and felt rushed.
- The service and food at CityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2012The service and food at City Landing were outstanding.Special Features:
- It was OK. Lobster rollsBobibosVIPDined on 8/18/2012It was OK. Lobster rolls were pretty small, yet buttery, not too much flavor. Service was overkill, yet the server got our order wrong and never asked us if we wanted more drinks. Both managers and way too many servers kept coming to the table, almost with every sip of water. Tenderloin was a good cut of meat, but the sauce was not flavorful and the meat was lukewarm, almost cold, and not worth the $39 price. Mac and Cheese was prob. the best part of the meal. we didn't bother with dessert. They've got big shoes to fill with Sel previously at that location and I'm not sure they will do it. hopefully they can figure it out since they just opened.
- We sat at the bar and thenJackieAVIPDined on 8/16/2012We sat at the bar and then at a table in the dining room. Both service experiences were superb. The servers are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and excited. The recommendations offered were delicious. The calamari is incredible! Don't leave without ordering the calamari!!!Special Features:
- Great space, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012Great space, excellent service and best of all the food was fabulous. Very much enjoyed the evening and will recommend to friends - as well as go back! Well done.
- We were very pleased withRJGJAGVIPDined on 8/11/2012We were very pleased with City Landing. The food was excellent, tasty and adequately portioned. Our server, Ms. Pereira was outstanding, offering insight into the menu and very attentive. Will recommend to others.
- Had a great dinner at CityOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Had a great dinner at City Landing! Fantastic seafood, delicious steaks, fabulous desserts! Excellent wine and drinks menu, too! Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Identity CrisisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012The food was excellent and the decor smart. However, our waiter was borderline negligent and very hyper when he did appear. Odd mix of diners... business, adult couples and confused tourists with too many kids.Special Features:
- the noise outside was BostonMarraraDined on 8/8/2012the noise outside was Boston City street as it's best, be prepared to have interruptions
- We were anxious for this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2012We were anxious for this restaurant to open knowing first hand this chef's talent having frequented Twenty Eight Atlantic in Chatham. Our meal was fine. The menu is a bit too casual for such a talent. We were hoping for a little bit more of an upscale menu with a winelist to match. There is nothing negative to say about this new restaurant. It just doesn't take that step out of the ordinary.