City Fish Market
7940 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/city-fish-market/
- Phone: 5614871600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Hoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The City Fish Market is ideal for luncheons, corporate meetings, seminars, anniversaries, reunions, holiday or cocktail parties, weddings, birthday celebrations, etc. With 5 separate private dining rooms, there is something to fit any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Craig 5614871600x
A word from City Fish Market
From the gracious service to South Florida’s widest selection of fresh seafood, City Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat. The restaurant sits on a sparkling man-made lake and welcomes guests to enjoy the view, with the soothing blues and clean whites of the decor creating a relaxed environment. With plenty of television sets, the welcoming bar and lounge area is the perfect place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or relax with a cocktail before dinner. Nightly live music provides the perfect ambiance for a memorable dining experience. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of City Fish Market!Continued
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
City Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
City Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)scenic view (129)fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (104)vibrant bar scene (89)great for outdoor dining (84)good for groups (80)romantic (65)great for lunch (42)notable wine list (33)hot spot (26)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (14)late-night find (11)Show More
- Pricing PescaOyoystersDined on 9/27/2014Everything over priced with the exception of the entres. Most fresh fish and other entres come with sides and the portions are very good. We spent over $300 for dinner for five. Raw bar and side dishes where over 20% of the total and were either very small portions or in the case of oysters at almost $3.00 each were too small to enjoy. The fresh hot bread was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR OVERALLBAD1Dined on 9/27/2014Seated almost immediately, waiter explained the menu and the specials , no pricing until asked and he pushed the higher priced specials. Food was average to slightly above average for taste, portion size was just ok, prices were extremely high! Lobster bisque was reheated in microwave, pretty tasteless. Worst part was food was rushed out, one course wasn't finished and the next was already there. Once we finished the meal, both the waiter and the small blonde hostess were seemingly staring at us while we sat and talked, giving us the look, trying to get us to get up and give up the table asap. not as if the place was overly booked. Would never go back nor recommend to anyone unless they asked for an overpriced average seafood restaurant.
- Great find - Seafood gemSoFlaRussDined on 9/26/2014This is a great place. The seafood was excellent. The varieties on the menu are notable. From plain fillets to fish dishes, they have a great variety. They also have a great raw menu. Service was also excellent. Server and staff checked in regularly to assure we had everything we need.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014We were a party of 5 adults. We were seated in the dining room next to the bar. This is one room you do not want to be in during happy hour on Friday evening since the noise level was very high. Food and service, as usual, was excellent, from the appetizers to the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversaryTheresaDined on 9/25/2014I want to thank the management for making this a night I will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to return!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/25/2014We celebrated my sister's birthday at CFM...delightful experience. Three of us ordered different entrees... seafood/pasta, sole and scallops. All three were delicious! I've already recommended your restaurant to many people...can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDiVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is one of our favorite local restaurants--especially when we are in the mood for fresh fish and we eat here often. The selection of fresh fish is wonderful and there are several choices of preparation. We particularly like the "Hong Kong Style" or the "Blackened" fish. The crab cakes are very tasty made with large chunks of crab and just a touch of filler to hold it together. For appetizers the "pow-pow" shrimp is delightful with just a hint of sweetness in the tangy spicy sauce served over a bed of rice noodles. The calamari is another delightful choice. All in all, you can't go wrong at City Fish--any selection will have you agreeing that City Fish is a favorite for you too.Special Features:
- What a great find.FoodloverDined on 9/21/2014Needed a place for a family dinne and was glad to have found this gem . The view was wonderful, and the food superb . The prix fix was. good deal, and the service could not have been better. Can't wait to go back on my next trip down to Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat for 20 minutes to see a waiterrobmVIPDined on 9/20/2014First, we LOVE this restaurant. We got a nice window. But, when the waiter finally was ready to take our orders (20 minutes after we sat down - Reservation 7:45 were seated 8:15) Sorry the kitchen just told me they served the last & OUT of SOFT SHELL CRABS. Three of us had planned to eat the Crabs...we love the preparation at City Fish. All other dishes were just fine, but not really what we wanted.Special Features:
- MAYBE IT'S ME.LOVESFOODDined on 9/20/2014I ordered a jumbo shrimp cocktail.it probably was sitting in the refrigerator 2 or 3 days before it was served to me. The "Virginia" flounder was overcooked in a restaurant specializing in seafood. I would expect that result in diner food but not from the City Fish Market. I guess that mediocrity is the new norm now days.
- RomanceLoveMexicanDined on 9/20/2014The place was very lovely. The food was very good. The service was lacking as the waiter was not tentative to us it was like he forgot about us. Didn't seem happy to be serving us.Special Features:
- Server messed up twice.ArleneDined on 9/20/2014Visited this restaurant for the second time in a month. The food was wonderful. The servers during both visits, were totally confused. On the first occasion, the wrong item was mixed with the wrong item on a plate, and then served to the wrong person. The second visit, the server tried to give us the dinner for a different table. This wasn't the end of the world, but just annoying that it would happen twice. Also, for the price of the coffee, we'd prefer to have a richer, more full-bodied coffee. It was weak.Special Features:
- Great dinning experience.ragweedDined on 9/20/2014Wonderful food, great ambience, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014I had never heard of this reatsurant but found it online and lucky for me, it was a great night. We were looking for a new spot to celebrate my wife's birthday and I can tell you that we will be back. We arrived 30 minutes before our reservation time and were seated right away. Thankfully, we were seated in the back room, away from the noise I had read about in the main seating area. Great food all the way around, from soups to salads thru mains. Everything was well prepared, extremely tasty and our server was attentive and helpful making suggestions. Definitely looking forward to another trip to City Fish Market mSpecial Features:
- foodloverDined on 9/17/2014Food was very good although a little pricey. Service was very nice, very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful discoverytchessVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great fish, Zee is a very attentive, kind waiter and knows his field so well. Preparation of the fish is made to your liking and it was delicious. $$$ is appropriate for the quality you get. The home made bread is a killer with a thick slice of real butter, YUM!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!DiscriminatingVIPDined on 9/14/2014We're never disappointed when dining at Cityy Fish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent service and great food. Wonderful seafood choices.Special Features:
- Fish loverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014If you like fish it is the place to go. The fish is fresh and well prepared.Special Features:
- dinnerArtie502Dined on 9/13/2014only negative, the size or portions we received. Black Grouper..3 bites..entre gone. Scenic views of fountain and friendly atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannot recommendlovetodineDined on 9/13/2014First foray to City Fish since change from Pete's. Facility looked a bit brighter and server tried hard. Our meals were served undercooked for one diner and overcooked for the other. They were accommodating as to refire and took some off the bill, but my expectation was for a great meal, not a mediocre one at a discount. May try again some time but observation is that for the money they ask, there are better meals to be had around Boca.Special Features:
- Luv2eatfishOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Food very good.... service very good. Request table in back or outside for less noisy atmosphere ESP if older people in party..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Dinner came to the table cold, poor excuses given by management
- ServicePartyof4Dined on 9/9/2014Great service and food. White wine sangria was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingInkredibleDined on 9/8/2014I had never dined here an decided to do so for a birthday celebration with a few close friends. Our service was amazing, the server was very knowledgeable and kind. The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the alcoholic drinks I would stick to beer and wine. The food was outstanding I had the snapper with the olive oil and lemon topping was delicious. Overall it was a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service view and food all excellentDorisysDined on 9/7/2014the service was exceptional, the view was very nice waterfront and the food was delectable. The seafood tower appetizer, though pricey, was fantastic!Special Features:
- We'll be backsneakepete20Dined on 9/7/2014First time here. Definitely won't be the last. Request patio dining for an added experience. Server Eric was very knowledgable and helpful with the menu and wine list. He was attentive as well. Ceviche was very refreshing with excellent flavor. Both the Hong Kong Style Sea Bass and Boston Lemon Sole "Francese" were fresh and fantastically prepared. Very happy with our time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE LEVELS OFF THE WALLROBERTOVIPDined on 9/5/2014JUST TOO NOISY. WOULD HAVE REQUESTED TABLE OUTSIDE BUT IT WAS TOO HUMID THAT EVENING.I would recommend this to a friend.
- andyVIPDined on 9/5/2014Water glass had lipstick on it….Butter still had some paper on it. Managers response---"We put it on paper when it is cut. Will get you another butter. Very flippant answer,not I am sorry it happened. Ordered salmon and would forgo vegetable for a house salad on the plate. What I got was a bunch of greens just taken out of a bag and put on my plate. It did include 4 very very small cubes of tomato and a very thin little radish. I have been to this restaurant many times and have not been turned off like this time.
- Great SeafoodDiscriminatingtasteDined on 9/4/2014Had blackened swordfish and it was prepared to perfection. Calamari was delicious as well and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CravegoodfoodcravegoodfoodVIPDined on 9/2/2014One of our favorite restaurants....food is consistently good as is service and ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaymondVIPDined on 8/30/2014The Dover Sole was simply DEVINE--even better than before. It, when paired with an excellent burgundy white wine, made for a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- city fish marketfoodiebrtDined on 8/30/2014Excellent service, food excellent. My son and DIL were here on vacation, they enjoyed the food although his first meal was overdone and had to wait for a new entree to be made. He was given a bowl of lobster bisque that he said was very good while he waited. When the entree came (swordfish) he said it was perfect and enjoyed his meal.Special Features:
- DeliciousDelrayCPADined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect and great service. The fish is fresh and prepared exactly as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go again, and again and ....PedroPODined on 8/29/2014Excellent restaurant, the food is impeccable, specially fish. If you like fish and seafood, there is no restaurant like fresh market in Florida. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodNikkiDined on 8/29/2014Hong Kong Salmon & Chilean Sea Bass was wonderful. Tuna tartar was the best that I have ever tasted!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter Eric was excellent. He was very knowledge about fish.Special Features:
- nice,but not staidgrayyakVIPDined on 8/29/2014food-wise nothing per se to knock. but also nothing "fresh" "innovated" nothing to grumble about,but nothing to rave about. nice setting was nice,but music from lounge area was overbearing .Special Features:
- JudyDined on 8/28/2014disappointed in the lobster...tasted frozen and reheated
- BocafoodloversVIPDined on 8/27/2014We always enjoy this restaurant, but it is very noisy.Special Features: