City Fish Market
7940 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33434Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
City Fish Market
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/city-fish-market/
- Phone: 5614871600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Anthony Hoff
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The City Fish Market is ideal for luncheons, corporate meetings, seminars, anniversaries, reunions, holiday or cocktail parties, weddings, birthday celebrations, etc. With 5 separate private dining rooms, there is something to fit any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Sherry Craig 5614871600x
A word from City Fish Market
From the gracious service to South Florida’s widest selection of fresh seafood, City Fish Market’s comfortable, neighborhood atmosphere is a relaxing retreat. The restaurant sits on a sparkling man-made lake and welcomes guests to enjoy the view, with the soothing blues and clean whites of the decor creating a relaxed environment. With plenty of television sets, the welcoming bar and lounge area is the perfect place to watch a game, catch up on the latest news or relax with a cocktail before dinner. Nightly live music provides the perfect ambiance for a memorable dining experience. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of City Fish Market!Continued
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Serving lunch and dinner seven days a week, with retail hours daily.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
City Fish Market - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
City Fish Market reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)scenic view (144)fit for foodies (128)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (99)great for outdoor dining (98)vibrant bar scene (95)romantic (77)great for lunch (46)hot spot (35)notable wine list (32)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (19)late-night find (16)Show More
- DeliciousDelrayCPADined on 8/29/2014Everything was perfect and great service. The fish is fresh and prepared exactly as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go again, and again and ....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent restaurant, the food is impeccable, specially fish. If you like fish and seafood, there is no restaurant like fresh market in Florida. Thank you.Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Hong Kong Salmon & Chilean Sea Bass was wonderful. Tuna tartar was the best that I have ever tasted!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter Eric was excellent. He was very knowledge about fish.Special Features:
- nice,but not staidgrayyakVIPDined on 8/29/2014food-wise nothing per se to knock. but also nothing "fresh" "innovated" nothing to grumble about,but nothing to rave about. nice setting was nice,but music from lounge area was overbearing .Special Features:
- JudyDined on 8/28/2014disappointed in the lobster...tasted frozen and reheated
- BocafoodloversVIPDined on 8/27/2014We always enjoy this restaurant, but it is very noisy.Special Features:
- Burtsky1Dined on 8/23/2014Good seafood on the pricey side specials expensive but very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Setting are GreatEnjoyeating123Dined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent!! We had Muscles, Crab Cakes and Steak. The liquior from the muscles was delicious and the steak was cooked perfectly. The restaurant setting overlooking the lake is very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCamperHappyCamperDined on 8/21/2014The service was very good........ The special menu was okay....... The fish was fresh but the brown butter was a bit overwhelming...... My preference would be to do the regular menu with the Hong Kong Sauce.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014i liked the food but the surf and turf was extremely small ,not worth $40 .
- First Visit, Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Food was delicious....Maryland Crab Cakes were excellent! Table with a view of the water in quieter area...very nice. Our server, Matthew, was very helpful with suggestions and we appreciated his great advice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EveningJerrysJazzDined on 8/18/20145 of us attended to the restaurant after a prolonged day of meetings. the drink were great, wine list quite nice, and the appetizers and entrees were outstanding. The sauteed soft shell crabs were the best I've had east of New Orleans--a real treasure. All of my guests were pleased and I for sure will venture back.Special Features:
- Birthday Nite!Gilly1Dined on 8/17/2014My wife chose this spot for her birthday! Let me tell you THE FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING!!! The service was SUPER!!!! GREAT JOB!!! DEFINITELY WILL RETURN!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for fine diningRxTiredDined on 8/17/2014If you want an excellent dinner and like fish, this is the place to dine. Service was excellent. The fish (there were 4 of us and we all had different fish platters) was excellent and served hot. If you have a special occasion or just want a great meal, dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood and then someArvadaGirlDined on 8/14/2014City Fish Market was all I expected! Fresh seafood cooked perfectly was what I was looking for and fresh seafood is what I got. Excellent service, too. I will return the next time I am in the Boca Raton area.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The food was great, the service was great. Who could ask for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningDaveDined on 8/12/2014Dinner was prepared perfectly to order. The fish was moist and fresh and include the two side dishes.Food presentation was excellent. I was told that it was very expensive, not true. We stayed and talked for a while, and never fell that we were being pressured to leave. Will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RestaurantGrouponerDined on 8/11/2014City Fish Market is an outstanding restaurant. Great customer service and very fresh seafood. I also loved the menu variety and portions. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealBernie48Dined on 8/11/2014The family went the other night- the food and service was outstanding-Our waiter was spot onSpecial Features:
- Hugh Selection of Fresh SeafoodPhilSommelierVIPDined on 8/10/2014Seafood lovers willing to travel to West Boca will not be disappointed by the well run City Fish Market, part of the Buckhead Life restaurant chain (Chop's Lobster Bar Boca, Lobster Bar Sea Grill Ft. Lauderdale and Atlanta locations). Live lobsters, fresh fish, oysters and clams are on display at the entrance. Servers are professional and well trained. Bargain hunters who like to eat at the bar can take adtvantage of the 4-8 p.m. happy hour with about 20 appetizers at 30-40% off and discounted wine, drinks. For dining more comfortably in the large dining rooms you can choose from a large selection of fish and seafood prepared as you like. I prefer fresh and simple and they are happy to oblige. The wine lift offers a good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good... service awfulJudyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food at City Fish is always wonderful; the service this time and only this time was absolutely the worst!Special Features:
- Disappointing servicecruzerVIPDined on 8/8/2014We are frequent diners at City Fish Market. They know how to prepare fish here, fresh, moist, never overcooked, and simple, to highlight the flavors of the fish rather than to overwhelm. The other thing you can usually count on is stellar service. On Friday night our server seemed to have an attitude when we did not order drinks or appetizers. After that, he did not check on us, refill water or soda,or come back when we were ready for the check. I spoke with the manager on the way out and got an apology but nothing more. If I did not know this was not the norm I would not go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our first, probably our last.UTPOWDined on 8/8/2014We really wanted to continue to like CFM. But, regarding their seafood, you can do as well or better for the same price. Particular disappointments included the soft shell crabs (not very flavorful and $35 for two) and the "roasted" oysters (primarily bread crumbs). As someone who has worked in the industry (front and back of the house), I was particularly disappointed with the server "Z or Zafer". He failed to present all of the specials, in addition, he hovered over the table to push us to order even though we were his only table. I had to ask him to give us some time and to properly pace the courses. He seems to be a CFM veteran and too comfortable with his job. His performance was poor compared to the servers at adjacent tables.Special Features:
- Noise interferes with diningshellybocaVIPDined on 8/6/2014We were a party of 4 and were seated at a booth not far from the bar area. The noise level was very high from conversations and there was also loud music blaring. Not conducive to a nice dinner experience. The food was very good--fish was fresh and well prepared. Well priced. Large selection of wine. The noise would keep us away.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealRxrepDined on 8/5/2014Each time I dine at City Fish I have never been disappointed. I enjoy the trout and the Top Neck Clams. It brings back memories of my northern roots. All you have to do is look at their fresh fish case as you walk in to the restaurant to know your choice will be outstanding.Special Features:
- GENERALLY A GOOD MEAL BY ALL 6dlk1947VIPDined on 8/5/2014THE DISHES WERE WELL PREPARED AND OUR SERVER WAS VERY ATTENTIVE AND PLEASANT. WE SAT IN THE ROOM TO THE RIGHT AS ONE FACES THE WATER AND FOUND IT TO BE COOLER AND MORE QUIET. THE ONLY ISSUE WITH THE FOOD WAS THE NEW (TO US) "PEPPER STEAK" SWORDFISH. THIS DISH IS NOWHERE AS GOOD OR INTERESTING AS THE PREVIOUSLY ENTITLED OFFERING OF "SWORDFISH AU POIRVE"..IT HAS FAR TOO MANY PEPPERCORNS ENCRUSTED IN IT TO BE ENJOYABLE AND IN THIS CASE WAS OVERDONE AND DRY. THE DINER WHO ORDERED IT (THE ONLY ONE OF THE 6 OF US WHO DID) TRIED TO URGE US IN ADVANCE TO GIVE IT A CHANCE-BUT FORTUNATELY NONE OF US DID AND THEREBY AVOIDED HER UNHAPPY EXPERIENCE. TWO OF US ORDERED SOUPS AND NEITHER ARRIVED PIPING HOT ONLY LUKEWARM.Special Features:
- Dinner experienceMast4Dined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening at City Fish. We were seated promptly, our table had a beautiful view. Our waitress was excellent and provided great advice. Everything was delicious and the presentation was perfect. We look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/5/2014Enjoyed the main lobster. The salmon trout was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceMFoyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Everything was great. Only issue was that there is a problem with flies in the restaurant. I hope they can figure this out and fix the problem.Special Features:
- Don't expect to take much food homerickDined on 8/3/2014My only complaint is that the portion size for the price is undersized. When you are spending $100 for dinner for two, a restaurant should not under serve the size of the portions. Although the shrimp cocktail is fine the entree is definitely a bit small.Special Features:
- If it's Fish it's City Fish Market!BertDined on 8/3/2014Five star dinning. It never misses. It is a class act. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but ExpensiveBoca123VIPDined on 8/3/2014As usual food excellent. However, noticed prices i.e. for crab cakes, keep going up. Also, the bar drinks lack a lot. For ex. a few years back, vodka on happy hour was a top quality. Now it is not one that I would drink. Many bars now will have discounts on top shelf vodkas and other drinks. We do not bother going to the bar anymore and will save the dining for special occasions as it is getting too pricey. In the Summer, there are much better choices elsewhere. Service was very good but not exceptional. It lacked that special little touch that we used to get at this restaurant. Maybe it was just bad luck that night.Special Features:
- Always goodfranklyVIPDined on 8/1/2014We keep coming back to City Fish. It is a place to get almost any kind of fish. Haven't had anything that I haven't liked. The staff is friendly, we sat at the bar and it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKenlightVIPDined on 8/1/2014They do fish right. It is always fresh. I love the "Hong Kong" preparation. I only eat carbs if they are awesome and the bread is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Fish MarketClayBDined on 8/1/2014My partner and I were very pleased with our table It was exactly what I asked for when making the open table reservation. We were seated promptly- honoring our reservation as well. My salmon was cooked perfectly but I found the green beans to be slightly salty. My friend ordered the black grouper and sauteed spinach. He said his spinach was very salty. Our waiter was attentive . We will be backSpecial Features:
- ServiceScottadDined on 8/1/2014Our service & our server was outstanding. We were a party of 6 and everyong was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great seafoodinvitingu2VIPDined on 8/1/2014Always predictable with food - great seafood. Enjoy coming here as a regular with my family. Great service too.Special Features:
- Girls NightFishFoodieDined on 7/31/2014This was a lovely location for a dinner date with my bestie. The service, food and atmosphere was wonderful. This beautiful restaurant in a great location made for an extremely pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thefoxsaysVIPDined on 7/30/2014Always enjoy the trout amondine and love the city chopped saladSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.