City Crab & Seafood Company
235 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Crab & Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citycrabnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125293800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Vaina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to do catering off site.
- Entertainment: Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4pm.
- Special Events: Please contact Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your private event.
A word from City Crab & Seafood Company
For almost 20 years City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving up New York's freshest seafood and American fare. Located in the heart of New York's Gramercy Park/Flatiron area, City Crab and Seafood Company is the perfect place for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Crab & Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
335 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (163)fit for foodies (125)great for lunch (115)neighborhood gem (113)special occasion (97)great for brunch (72)vibrant bar scene (67)hot spot (56)kid-friendly (44)romantic (35)late-night find (21)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- yummyNAR53Dined on 10/27/2014Service here is always great. The seafood is also great. My only complaint is that the noise level is OFF THE CHARTS. It would be such a superior experience if a bit less volume.Special Features:
- awesome seafoodXNewYorkchefDined on 10/25/2014came here for my son's birthday, and the wait staff was phenomenal, and the seafood was everything we thought it would be. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved this place.luv2dineDined on 10/24/2014It was my birthday day. I decided to take my twin to a very nice place. So I choice city crab and Seaford. I love seafood overall everything about seafood. I loved my service quick very friendly my waitres. I had a great time on my birthday day I would definitely go again. I am glad I when there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeFamilyniteoutDined on 10/24/2014Very noisy. Quieter upstairs. Food very good but pricy. Service awesome. Waiter has been there for ten years. That should say it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the seafoodfoodloverVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've been coming here for quite some time now. I love how fresh the clams are. This time I tried the Alaskan Snow Crabs with garlic and butter. I couldn't finish it but enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodmrsdDined on 10/22/2014City Crab remains one of my favorite NYC restaurants. Great food and great service. They have a really good selection and mix of food on the menu and everything we tries was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Happy Hour!PixieWDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic half price on appetizers oysters and spirits Happy Hour! Be classy all while saving money. You can eat like a king or queen for $25 including drinks.Special Features:
- Best oysters in NYCeatingoutDined on 10/19/2014They have the freshest, coldest most delicious oysters in NYC. Love their 1/2 price happy hour all day Sunday. Started with oysters and drinks and ended with their delicious filet mignon and fries. What a great way to end a Sunday in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimsDined on 10/19/2014City Crab & Seafood is consistently good. It is a bit pricy, but all seafood restaurants in and around NYC are. The fish is always fresh. The Seafood Gumbo is especially good. I had the Red snapper with Coconut sauce, but the sauce did not have much coconut flavor. The quality of the fish, however was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!!lovelycrablegsDined on 10/19/2014We had a wonderful time. I took my 7 year old for the first Crab Legs experience. He had so much fun with the plastic bib and the cracking the crab!!! we will definitely go back, a little pricey but with it.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerthebakeshowDined on 10/18/2014I come to expect top-notch serviceand delicious foodwhen I visit CC which is why it's my family's favorite restaurant. Unfortunately this past Saturday night the food was not its' usual standards. Specifically my wife's fried shrimp dinner was badly over-cooked. We didn'tmake a big deal of it but we did find it disappointing.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014The cocktails were awesome! The food however was good but a little underwhelming; our Calamari appetizer was overcooked, the Shrimp Imperial a little bland. Would still like to give it another try - maybe one of the pots (Lobster Bake or Crab Pot)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantLadyjcDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time eating here; it was 8 of us and we had a great time, food was excellent, service was great and the music! I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchSirEatsALotDined on 10/18/2014Their brunch menu is delicious. Pair it with the loosely-enforced 90-minute all-you-can-drink deal and you've got yourself a nice Saturday afternoon!Special Features:
- Foreveryoung35Dined on 10/17/2014It was my 35th birthday and everthing was amazing. My boyfriend loved it so much, he want us to come here for his birthday!!Special Features:
- Super MarioHeymrd1313Dined on 10/15/2014Our waiter, Mario, was so knowledgable and fun that the whole dining experience was great. Loved the SeaBass special and my husband loved the Imperial Shrimp with Crab filling. the Chocolte Flourless Cake wAs moist and delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed, very.braddDined on 10/12/2014Disappointing experience. I took my twin 15 year old boys on a special trip to NYC and they love shellfish so we chose this place. It was not better, and maybe even worse than any place you would find in any small town. The calamari wasn't crispy and was feeble in size. I would not even rate it as "Fair". The weren't even sure if they had a 2lb lobster (!) but somehow came up with a 2 1/2 pounder. The server was tired and bored and really not up to lour enthusiasm for an experience. The bill was more than we paid at a world famous, renowned NY steakhouse where the experience was unforgettable and the waiter was awesome. Honestly, a huge waste of time and money.Special Features:
- Mediocre and overpricedNSAdocNYCVIPDined on 10/10/2014My friends began with the shrimp cocktail appetizer. That only came with 4 shrimp for $20! Our bill was $180 and we didn't have any alcohol! The one saving grace of the entire experience was our incredible server.
- if you like seafoodsawallisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a winner in my book. And they don't overcook the lobster.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLisaADined on 10/9/2014I recently celebrated a friend's birthday and we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, from appetizers to desserts and our server Lindsey was phenomenal! Looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabJackieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Crab was delicious as we're the oysters and the halibut and tuna. Swordfish was good but not great. Ambiance of place doesn't seem in sync with its priciness which is why it isn't very crowded. We sat upstairs which is rather large and there were only two other tables were seated after us. Downstairs was fairly full at peak hour on a Tuesday night. The place could use more energy.Special Features:
- As AdvertisedBoomDined on 10/5/2014The combination of the venue, food, and service created a great experience. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDelightedCustomerDined on 10/5/2014The seafood is amazing and the staff is very friendly. I cannot wait to go back for a lobster dinner. They also have pre-fixe, 3-course lunch and dinners that make it very affordable. I recommend everyone try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2dineoutDined on 10/4/2014If you like seafood this is the place to go. All kinds of crabs, oysters, clams and a few selections of fish. Food is well prepared. Great Happy Hour menu with great prices. Easy to get to. Good neighborhood.Special Features:
- YummyLuv2eatDined on 10/2/2014We we're vacationing and tried this just from looking at the menu on line. It was a perfect choice. We had a group of 7, and everyone was thoroughly pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster heavenJoanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Lobster specia (1 1/4 pound lobster, clams, mussels, corn, potatoes) nearly always available, excellent value. Delicious, easy to manage the thin-shelled lobster. Friendly service. City Crab is a consistent delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More choices for the non seafoodiesJcny11Dined on 9/28/2014My friend loves seafood, but I don't. I've eaten at City Crab twice. Had the crusted chicken parm the first time which was wonderful. Had a burger this time, which was also fresh and good, but I would have loved a different lunch choice. Maybe just a couple more lunch choices for the non-fish eaters? :-)Special Features:
- Consistently great seafoodDiscerningDinerDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at City Crab since 1986 and the food is consistently good. The only bad thing I can say, is that I specifically wanted Stone Crabs and the girl on the phone told me three times that they had them, however, our waiter told us they wouldn't have stone crabs until November. All food is very fresh and seasoned perfectly. The service is prompt without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- SwissmanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was average except for the scallop crudo which was inedible. Bad scallops are hard to find but these were slimy, smelly and spoiled. Fortunately they removed it from our bill but the damage was doneSpecial Features:
- Fresh SeafoodlabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had the scallops with mashed potatoes and they were absolutely fresh and delicious. Can't go wrong no matter what you choose from the menu.Special Features:
- ErmaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Consistently good, fresh seafood. Lobsters steamed and better than the shore.
- martiniVIPDined on 9/19/2014New England Clam Chowder is always full of clams and thick, first time I had sea scallops at City Crab and they were tender and perfectly cooked. Mashed potatoes are divine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhyllisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food here was sooooo good we came back the next nite and took doggie bags home both times. We were visiting from DC and we will now make this a food stop every time we are in NYC. We thank you for the experience.Special Features:
- Last minute group dinnerJmarzDined on 9/16/2014We called city crab about 2 hours before we needed a dinner reservation for 14 people. They were very accommodating. We sat up stairs and felt like we had our own little area which was nice. But the sound traveled up so it was a little loud. The food was ok. We started with a bunch of apps. We enjoyed the buffalo shrimp. Some did a 3 course Prix fix was the best way to go. Everything was good just not great. But overall had a nice group dinner.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodMontpassion1Dined on 9/13/2014My huisband & I really loved the food here. SO much that we are going to come here for Thanksgiving dinner lolSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodBillJingDined on 9/13/2014Excellent seafood with great service. Good wine selection. our waiter was quite knowledgeable and always kept his eye on our needs.Special Features:
- Love City CrabAmyEVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel into the city from Long Island just for city crab. Love the good and the service is always great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!!! Favorite Seafood Spot :)Lin89Dined on 9/11/2014If you have been to City Crab then you're definite missing out! Great food and great ambiance :-) Oh! You have to try the Orea Ice Cream Cake... The best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect in every waystorm2316Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, and even better service.very friendly place.thanks for making my husband birthday memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchlabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/11/2014I'm never disappointed, as they have a wonderful selection of fresh seafood and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.