City Crab & Seafood Company
235 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Crab & Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citycrabnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125293800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Vaina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to do catering off site.
- Entertainment: Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4pm.
- Special Events: Please contact Miles at email@example.com to coordinate your private event.
A word from City Crab & Seafood Company
For almost 20 years City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving up New York's freshest seafood and American fare. Located in the heart of New York's Gramercy Park/Flatiron area, City Crab and Seafood Company is the perfect place for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Crab & Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
326 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (147)great for lunch (115)fit for foodies (113)neighborhood gem (111)special occasion (97)vibrant bar scene (65)great for brunch (60)hot spot (48)romantic (37)kid-friendly (36)late-night find (20)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- SwissmanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was average except for the scallop crudo which was inedible. Bad scallops are hard to find but these were slimy, smelly and spoiled. Fortunately they removed it from our bill but the damage was doneSpecial Features:
- ErmaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Consistently good, fresh seafood. Lobsters steamed and better than the shore.
- martiniVIPDined on 9/19/2014New England Clam Chowder is always full of clams and thick, first time I had sea scallops at City Crab and they were tender and perfectly cooked. Mashed potatoes are divine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhyllisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food here was sooooo good we came back the next nite and took doggie bags home both times. We were visiting from DC and we will now make this a food stop every time we are in NYC. We thank you for the experience.Special Features:
- Last minute group dinnerJmarzDined on 9/16/2014We called city crab about 2 hours before we needed a dinner reservation for 14 people. They were very accommodating. We sat up stairs and felt like we had our own little area which was nice. But the sound traveled up so it was a little loud. The food was ok. We started with a bunch of apps. We enjoyed the buffalo shrimp. Some did a 3 course Prix fix was the best way to go. Everything was good just not great. But overall had a nice group dinner.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodMontpassion1Dined on 9/13/2014My huisband & I really loved the food here. SO much that we are going to come here for Thanksgiving dinner lolSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodBillJingDined on 9/13/2014Excellent seafood with great service. Good wine selection. our waiter was quite knowledgeable and always kept his eye on our needs.Special Features:
- Love City CrabAmyEVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel into the city from Long Island just for city crab. Love the good and the service is always great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!!! Favorite Seafood Spot :)Lin89Dined on 9/11/2014If you have been to City Crab then you're definite missing out! Great food and great ambiance :-) Oh! You have to try the Orea Ice Cream Cake... The best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect in every waystorm2316Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, and even better service.very friendly place.thanks for making my husband birthday memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IluvnewyorkDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner with friends on a Saturday night. The food was good and the service was very good. The atmosphere was comfortable and laid back. I had salmon with dill sauce and thoroughly enjoyed it. City Crab is a decent spot in midtown for seafood and I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICED AND SMALL PORTIONSBubblesDined on 9/6/2014The food was over priced and not that great. Everthing tasted like it was either stuffed or made with tuna from the can. However, the waitress was very nice and friendly.
- My last visitthebakeshowDined on 9/5/2014The service wasn't as personable as usual but the food quality and overall experience were fine.Special Features:
- AC388Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went on a Friday after the US Open. Table was ready at the appointed time. Our server was very good and had good command of the menu. Our drinks and foods orders were brought out in a timely manner. Both dishes were good and would definitely recommend the lobster bolognese. The drinks were definitely not watered down. We look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martiniVIPDined on 9/5/2014great one-half cold lobster appetizer and tasty swordfish with mashed potatoesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Love SeafoodmiclauDined on 9/3/2014Seafood quality here is good. Consistency with the dishes may be an issue. My husband and I both ordered the same thing, my dish did not have any potatoes and the blue claw crab I received was so small I would need a magnifying glass to see it. My husband's meal was fine. Waitress was top notch, always checking on us and removing dirty dishes. Place is noisy during happy hour but quiets down afterwards.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencelabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love this place. Convenient location, fresh seafood and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood delightDennisDined on 9/1/2014Very relaxed restaurant with the best seafood around and reasonably priced. From the time you enter until the time you leave you receive top service. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeWDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was crowded. I can't feel the air condition. I was sweating the whole time we were having my birthday dinner. We ask the waitress to turn the air up, but she told us the air condition is on.
- Always fresh and deliciouslabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had the Baked Clams Oreganata and Crab Carbonara.....Best lunch ever!Special Features:
- go for the happy hour!!!BeerOclockDined on 8/26/2014Entrees are OK for the price. I've had better at the same price point, but the happy hour is what sets this apart. Great drinks. Half price apps. Life is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best happy hour raw barBudgetFoodieDined on 8/26/2014If you like fresh oysters and lobster mac and cheese on a budget, City Crab before 7 pm is your heaven. Celebrate a special occasion at happy hour!Special Features:
- Double DateKay37Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a double date with his friend and his friends' girlfriend. We had a 8 PM reservation on a Saturday night. The service was excellent. The food was delish and we were in and out in no time. We will definitely go back in the near future!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceKellyyipDined on 8/22/2014I'm glad I had the chance to stop by for lunch since I haven't been back for over ten years. The service was great and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and service!!! First time going to this restaurant it was a great experience. My family and I would definetly go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBest4seafoodDined on 8/19/2014This remains one of my favorite restaurants and I try to go their a few x a monthSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant week was extended an extra week and it was great. The shrimp appetizer was delicious; the lobster was perfectly steamed and the fries were very good; the dessert was good. The service was excellent - water glasses kept full and lobster shells were removed before plate was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I've been here before and each time the food quality and portions got worse but I couldn't resist restaurant week and gave it a try again. $25 for a lobster meal was amazing! (Not including tips of course) I also got the scallop crudo, which was just delicious. This was during Sunday brunch hour so some of the starters and drinks were half price. We ordered clams and those were fresh.Special Features:
- SteamersSeafoodLoverDined on 8/16/2014We were so happy and impressed that Steamers were on the menu. We spend a lot of time in Cape Cod and absolutely love and can never find Steamers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable as usualBetsyVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed the restaurant week dinner. The stuffed lobster was very good as was the key lime pie. We go to city crab frequently and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Business FriendlyAlaskaBearDined on 8/15/2014Although forewarned about reputed "noisiness", the very good food and outstanding service more than overcame my initial concerns. It was fine for a business dinner. I have already recommended it to others and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Didn't have to wait, from the moment we walked into the restaurant until we left.Special Features:
- janegoldVIPDined on 8/15/2014the steamed lobster for lunch was fantastic!! the food here is always good...one of the best seafood restaurants in Manhattan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere. Great wait staff and delicious food.Special Features:
- Nasty waitressCeeCeeDined on 8/15/2014We had the worst waitress this time which made our dining experience very unpleasant. She was annoying and snotty. I would NEVeER return there to have a meal to be served by her. I work too hard for my salary to be treated poorly by a waitress! First bad experience I ever had at City Crab. They should screen their help better.
- Great foodWessDined on 8/14/2014The food did not disappoint me. It was a great as it was the first. Restaurant week menu was fantastic. Happy to hear that Restaurant Week was extended one more week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time fandinner4twoDined on 8/14/2014I've been dining here since the mid 90s. When I want to catch up with friends this is my favorite place to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food for pre fix weekkarenVIPDined on 8/14/2014I always come to the Crab for a pre fix week. A good deal with 1 1 /2 pound lobster for lunch salad & dessert. This time the salad was vwery bitter. The lobster was not bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Food came out too fast, felt rushed yet it was not overly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Weekdmc1321Dined on 8/12/2014Took my male BFF here for a treat…we stuck to the restaurant week menu except for the drinks. The service was very fast to my surprise. I made a reservation and we were seated right away. I loved the guava margarita! Had a couple:) Upstairs and downstairs seating. Very open and friendly atmosphere. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.