City Crab & Seafood Company
235 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Crab & Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citycrabnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125293800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Vaina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to do catering off site.
- Entertainment: Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4pm.
- Special Events: Please contact Miles at email@example.com to coordinate your private event.
A word from City Crab & Seafood Company
For almost 20 years City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving up New York's freshest seafood and American fare. Located in the heart of New York's Gramercy Park/Flatiron area, City Crab and Seafood Company is the perfect place for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Crab & Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
330 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (137)great for lunch (117)fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (109)special occasion (103)great for brunch (66)vibrant bar scene (60)hot spot (46)kid-friendly (42)romantic (38)late-night find (22)notable wine list (14)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- LeeWDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was crowded. I can't feel the air condition. I was sweating the whole time we were having my birthday dinner. We ask the waitress to turn the air up, but she told us the air condition is on.
- Always fresh and deliciouslabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had the Baked Clams Oreganata and Crab Carbonara.....Best lunch ever!Special Features:
- go for the happy hour!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Entrees are OK for the price. I've had better at the same price point, but the happy hour is what sets this apart. Great drinks. Half price apps. Life is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best happy hour raw barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014If you like fresh oysters and lobster mac and cheese on a budget, City Crab before 7 pm is your heaven. Celebrate a special occasion at happy hour!Special Features:
- Double DateKay37Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a double date with his friend and his friends' girlfriend. We had a 8 PM reservation on a Saturday night. The service was excellent. The food was delish and we were in and out in no time. We will definitely go back in the near future!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceKellyyipDined on 8/22/2014I'm glad I had the chance to stop by for lunch since I haven't been back for over ten years. The service was great and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Excellent food and service!!! First time going to this restaurant it was a great experience. My family and I would definetly go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBest4seafoodDined on 8/19/2014This remains one of my favorite restaurants and I try to go their a few x a monthSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant week was extended an extra week and it was great. The shrimp appetizer was delicious; the lobster was perfectly steamed and the fries were very good; the dessert was good. The service was excellent - water glasses kept full and lobster shells were removed before plate was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014I've been here before and each time the food quality and portions got worse but I couldn't resist restaurant week and gave it a try again. $25 for a lobster meal was amazing! (Not including tips of course) I also got the scallop crudo, which was just delicious. This was during Sunday brunch hour so some of the starters and drinks were half price. We ordered clams and those were fresh.Special Features:
- SteamersSeafoodLoverDined on 8/16/2014We were so happy and impressed that Steamers were on the menu. We spend a lot of time in Cape Cod and absolutely love and can never find Steamers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable as usualBetsyVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I enjoyed the restaurant week dinner. The stuffed lobster was very good as was the key lime pie. We go to city crab frequently and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Business FriendlyAlaskaBearDined on 8/15/2014Although forewarned about reputed "noisiness", the very good food and outstanding service more than overcame my initial concerns. It was fine for a business dinner. I have already recommended it to others and look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waiting timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014Didn't have to wait, from the moment we walked into the restaurant until we left.Special Features:
- janegoldVIPDined on 8/15/2014the steamed lobster for lunch was fantastic!! the food here is always good...one of the best seafood restaurants in Manhattan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nasty waitressCeeCeeDined on 8/15/2014We had the worst waitress this time which made our dining experience very unpleasant. She was annoying and snotty. I would NEVeER return there to have a meal to be served by her. I work too hard for my salary to be treated poorly by a waitress! First bad experience I ever had at City Crab. They should screen their help better.
- Great foodWessDined on 8/14/2014The food did not disappoint me. It was a great as it was the first. Restaurant week menu was fantastic. Happy to hear that Restaurant Week was extended one more week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time fandinner4twoDined on 8/14/2014I've been dining here since the mid 90s. When I want to catch up with friends this is my favorite place to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food for pre fix weekkarenVIPDined on 8/14/2014I always come to the Crab for a pre fix week. A good deal with 1 1 /2 pound lobster for lunch salad & dessert. This time the salad was vwery bitter. The lobster was not bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Food came out too fast, felt rushed yet it was not overly busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, Decent FoodHomecookFoodie21Dined on 8/12/2014This restaurant is not high-end or stuffy. It is casual and the food is decent, nothing to write home about. I had a chilled seafood salad for my app which needed more seasoning. My husband had crab croquettes which were delightful. For main course, I had a stuffed main lobster. The stuffing was delicious but the lobster was not cleaned and full of water which took away from the taste of the lobster meat. My husband had swordfish with a corn salad which was tasty but needed more salt. For dessert, I had a vanilla flan which was clearly from taken from a package and my husband had mango sorbet which was clearly made from concentrate, if not taken from a package as well. Service was great, atmosphere was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Went to City Crab on a friend's recommendation and for Restaurant Week. Ordered the seafood salad (just a small portion of mussels), swordfish (tasted greasy and the sauce on the fish was slightly bitter), and the key lime pie (decent). Ordered the berry sangria which turned out very watered down and disappointing. May give the restaurant another try because was told that the crabs were very good but will not recommend to another. Service was great though.
- Not worth the priceJen14Dined on 8/10/2014Came here during restaurant week and despite the limited menu I still think this place is just okay. The food wasn't amazing. The dishes lacked seasoning and creativity, and didn't seem worth it for the price. The best part of the meal was the dessert (vanilla flan) but even then it seemed a bit grainy. The waiters were really friendly and the food came out quickly though.Special Features:
- Tiny Overpriced Fishwilhelm1Dined on 8/9/2014Paid $26 for a tiny cut of salmon. I know times are tough, but you know the portion size is too small when you have to weigh embarrasing yourself at the table to send the morsel back or just take it and deal with it. I have NEVER seen salmon cut into such a small piece. and because of it, I won't be back to City Crab. Shameful!!
- Birthday DinnerMelis7Dined on 8/8/2014I went here during restaurant week with a friend of mine. The food was good. I had a seafood salad for my appetizer (I wish the clams and mussels were out of there shell) but otherwise is was tasty but a bit overcooked. My main course was the halibut and it was delicious! It was cooked perfectly and they actually gave a good portion. Dessert was flan and was tasty. The service wasn't anything to go home crying about! It wasn't over the top. He did he job, got our food out on time and asked if we were good! Afterwards we sat at the bar for a few hours. The place is very noisy. So if you like a quiet, intimate place, do not go here! It is upbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a reasonable price!LC0212Dined on 8/8/2014I've always had a good experience at City Crab. The prices are reasonable for the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingsassychefDined on 8/8/2014We went there during the restaurant week and possibly expected a bit too much (based on our experience with other participating restaurants during previous restaurant weeks). The food was okay but the presentation was horrible. In a way it seemed like fast food camouflaged as fine dining. Service was a bit slow (not servers' fault, too many tables per server) and had to ask for things multiple times. This place is probably best suited to grab an after work beer/drink with your colleagues, and not exactly meant for date night dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome lobster!nJoyedining87Dined on 8/7/2014The food was great as always. Great ambiance. Service was lacking this time though.Special Features:
- Delicious foodmercenycDined on 8/7/2014I went here for NYC Restaurant Week and they had an amazing selection of food to chose from. The quality was great and innovative dishes which I like! I also very much enjoyed their cocktails. I will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent lunchCeeCeeDined on 8/7/2014Food was super yummy! The food was served in a decent amount of time. Each course was tasty and the desert was a sweet ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone with the wind fabulous!LIjanetDined on 8/6/2014This place did not disappoint with its vast selection of seafood and great service. We partook in the Restaurant Week dinner menu and everything was yummy! Even added the Lil lobster rolls too. My favorite aspect is that none of the desserts had nuts. As a person with that allergy, I really appreciate when restaurants don't punish me with adding it to every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Went to the this restaurant during restaurant week with my girlfriend. The host was quick and friendly at sitting us. Our waitress was extremely attentive, courteous and had a great personality.Special Features:
- We had a great timeEnjoyedDined on 8/5/2014Loved everything from the appetizer to the desert, thank you for the low cost opportunity to meet your restaurant. The waitress was good but we had to ask for bread (which had been given to all tables around us) and when I could not finish my lobster; I asked that it be packed to go and she threw the untouched body of the lobster out and only packed the claws. Was disappointingSpecial Features:
- DecentheyyyDined on 8/4/2014The food was decent, but the lobster was extra watery, which was sad. There was also some sort of breeze blasting on usSpecial Features:
- DaveddieDined on 8/4/2014A thoroughly delightful two-story restaurant. Solid menu with lots of crab specialities. The service was attentive. Upstairs is quieter and more fun. We had a good time. easy to recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceWendyDined on 8/3/2014First, poor service: I waited so long for the waitress to take my order. Things are not prepared well. second, i ordered scallops curdo during restaurant week and it's not fresh!!!! Last, entree and dessert are pretty goodSpecial Features:
- City Crab & SeafoodGr8EatInDined on 8/3/2014City Crab & Seafood at Park Avenue and 19th was a joyous gem to find Sunday afternoon. The Restaurant Week lunch menu had great seafood choices that my wife and I found delicious, with portions fit for a king. You will be quite satiated and will want to return to enjoy City Crab's many menu offerings. In addition, the host and wait staff (especially Shannon) may well be the best in Manhattan. I will and already have recommend this to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value!KeiLDined on 8/3/2014Restaurant week here for Sunday lunch is the best deal ever. We had a 1.5lb lobster entree with dessert and appetizer for only $25! A steal. Place was clean and neat. Only problem was that service was a bit slow but since it was Sunday, we didn't stress it too much.Special Features:
- great sea foodbbggDined on 8/2/2014Location on 20 street easy access by walk. Very noisy but teh food is excellent - superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Crab & Seafood Companyjulesluvs2dineDined on 8/2/2014Found this restaurant because I saw it was apart of restaurant week; I was eager to try it out. Food was average at best - definitely not worth the price. Moderate portions. Would not recommend to a friend.Special Features: