City Crab & Seafood Company
235 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Crab & Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citycrabnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125293800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Joseph Vaina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to do catering off site.
- Entertainment: Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4pm.
- Special Events: Please contact Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate your private event.
A word from City Crab & Seafood Company
For almost 20 years City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving up New York's freshest seafood and American fare. Located in the heart of New York's Gramercy Park/Flatiron area, City Crab and Seafood Company is the perfect place for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
City Crab & Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
325 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (151)fit for foodies (121)great for lunch (115)neighborhood gem (112)special occasion (93)great for brunch (68)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (51)kid-friendly (38)romantic (32)late-night find (18)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)Show More
- My Birthday DinnerthebakeshowDined on 10/18/2014I come to expect top-notch serviceand delicious foodwhen I visit CC which is why it's my family's favorite restaurant. Unfortunately this past Saturday night the food was not its' usual standards. Specifically my wife's fried shrimp dinner was badly over-cooked. We didn'tmake a big deal of it but we did find it disappointing.Special Features:
- Super MarioHeymrd1313Dined on 10/15/2014Our waiter, Mario, was so knowledgable and fun that the whole dining experience was great. Loved the SeaBass special and my husband loved the Imperial Shrimp with Crab filling. the Chocolte Flourless Cake wAs moist and delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed, very.braddDined on 10/12/2014Disappointing experience. I took my twin 15 year old boys on a special trip to NYC and they love shellfish so we chose this place. It was not better, and maybe even worse than any place you would find in any small town. The calamari wasn't crispy and was feeble in size. I would not even rate it as "Fair". The weren't even sure if they had a 2lb lobster (!) but somehow came up with a 2 1/2 pounder. The server was tired and bored and really not up to lour enthusiasm for an experience. The bill was more than we paid at a world famous, renowned NY steakhouse where the experience was unforgettable and the waiter was awesome. Honestly, a huge waste of time and money.Special Features:
- Mediocre and overpricedNSAdocNYCVIPDined on 10/10/2014My friends began with the shrimp cocktail appetizer. That only came with 4 shrimp for $20! Our bill was $180 and we didn't have any alcohol! The one saving grace of the entire experience was our incredible server.
- if you like seafoodsawallisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a winner in my book. And they don't overcook the lobster.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLisaADined on 10/9/2014I recently celebrated a friend's birthday and we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, from appetizers to desserts and our server Lindsey was phenomenal! Looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabJackieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Crab was delicious as we're the oysters and the halibut and tuna. Swordfish was good but not great. Ambiance of place doesn't seem in sync with its priciness which is why it isn't very crowded. We sat upstairs which is rather large and there were only two other tables were seated after us. Downstairs was fairly full at peak hour on a Tuesday night. The place could use more energy.Special Features:
- As AdvertisedBoomDined on 10/5/2014The combination of the venue, food, and service created a great experience. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDelightedCustomerDined on 10/5/2014The seafood is amazing and the staff is very friendly. I cannot wait to go back for a lobster dinner. They also have pre-fixe, 3-course lunch and dinners that make it very affordable. I recommend everyone try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2dineoutDined on 10/4/2014If you like seafood this is the place to go. All kinds of crabs, oysters, clams and a few selections of fish. Food is well prepared. Great Happy Hour menu with great prices. Easy to get to. Good neighborhood.Special Features:
- YummyLuv2eatDined on 10/2/2014We we're vacationing and tried this just from looking at the menu on line. It was a perfect choice. We had a group of 7, and everyone was thoroughly pleasedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster heavenJoanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Lobster specia (1 1/4 pound lobster, clams, mussels, corn, potatoes) nearly always available, excellent value. Delicious, easy to manage the thin-shelled lobster. Friendly service. City Crab is a consistent delightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More choices for the non seafoodiesJcny11Dined on 9/28/2014My friend loves seafood, but I don't. I've eaten at City Crab twice. Had the crusted chicken parm the first time which was wonderful. Had a burger this time, which was also fresh and good, but I would have loved a different lunch choice. Maybe just a couple more lunch choices for the non-fish eaters? :-)Special Features:
- Consistently great seafoodDiscerningDinerDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten at City Crab since 1986 and the food is consistently good. The only bad thing I can say, is that I specifically wanted Stone Crabs and the girl on the phone told me three times that they had them, however, our waiter told us they wouldn't have stone crabs until November. All food is very fresh and seasoned perfectly. The service is prompt without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- SwissmanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was average except for the scallop crudo which was inedible. Bad scallops are hard to find but these were slimy, smelly and spoiled. Fortunately they removed it from our bill but the damage was doneSpecial Features:
- Fresh SeafoodlabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/25/2014I had the scallops with mashed potatoes and they were absolutely fresh and delicious. Can't go wrong no matter what you choose from the menu.Special Features:
- ErmaVIPDined on 9/22/2014Consistently good, fresh seafood. Lobsters steamed and better than the shore.
- martiniVIPDined on 9/19/2014New England Clam Chowder is always full of clams and thick, first time I had sea scallops at City Crab and they were tender and perfectly cooked. Mashed potatoes are divine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhyllisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014The food here was sooooo good we came back the next nite and took doggie bags home both times. We were visiting from DC and we will now make this a food stop every time we are in NYC. We thank you for the experience.Special Features:
- Last minute group dinnerJmarzDined on 9/16/2014We called city crab about 2 hours before we needed a dinner reservation for 14 people. They were very accommodating. We sat up stairs and felt like we had our own little area which was nice. But the sound traveled up so it was a little loud. The food was ok. We started with a bunch of apps. We enjoyed the buffalo shrimp. Some did a 3 course Prix fix was the best way to go. Everything was good just not great. But overall had a nice group dinner.Special Features:
- Great SeafoodMontpassion1Dined on 9/13/2014My huisband & I really loved the food here. SO much that we are going to come here for Thanksgiving dinner lolSpecial Features:
- Great seafoodBillJingDined on 9/13/2014Excellent seafood with great service. Good wine selection. our waiter was quite knowledgeable and always kept his eye on our needs.Special Features:
- Love City CrabAmyEVIPDined on 9/12/2014We travel into the city from Long Island just for city crab. Love the good and the service is always great!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!!! Favorite Seafood Spot :)Lin89Dined on 9/11/2014If you have been to City Crab then you're definite missing out! Great food and great ambiance :-) Oh! You have to try the Orea Ice Cream Cake... The best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect in every waystorm2316Dined on 9/11/2014Great food, and even better service.very friendly place.thanks for making my husband birthday memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchlabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/11/2014I'm never disappointed, as they have a wonderful selection of fresh seafood and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IluvnewyorkDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner with friends on a Saturday night. The food was good and the service was very good. The atmosphere was comfortable and laid back. I had salmon with dill sauce and thoroughly enjoyed it. City Crab is a decent spot in midtown for seafood and I would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVER PRICED AND SMALL PORTIONSBubblesDined on 9/6/2014The food was over priced and not that great. Everthing tasted like it was either stuffed or made with tuna from the can. However, the waitress was very nice and friendly.
- My last visitthebakeshowDined on 9/5/2014The service wasn't as personable as usual but the food quality and overall experience were fine.Special Features:
- AC388Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went on a Friday after the US Open. Table was ready at the appointed time. Our server was very good and had good command of the menu. Our drinks and foods orders were brought out in a timely manner. Both dishes were good and would definitely recommend the lobster bolognese. The drinks were definitely not watered down. We look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martiniVIPDined on 9/5/2014great one-half cold lobster appetizer and tasty swordfish with mashed potatoesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Love SeafoodmiclauDined on 9/3/2014Seafood quality here is good. Consistency with the dishes may be an issue. My husband and I both ordered the same thing, my dish did not have any potatoes and the blue claw crab I received was so small I would need a magnifying glass to see it. My husband's meal was fine. Waitress was top notch, always checking on us and removing dirty dishes. Place is noisy during happy hour but quiets down afterwards.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencelabellasenoraVIPDined on 9/3/2014Love this place. Convenient location, fresh seafood and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood delightDennisDined on 9/1/2014Very relaxed restaurant with the best seafood around and reasonably priced. From the time you enter until the time you leave you receive top service. I highly recommend dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeWDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was crowded. I can't feel the air condition. I was sweating the whole time we were having my birthday dinner. We ask the waitress to turn the air up, but she told us the air condition is on.
- Always fresh and deliciouslabellasenoraVIPDined on 8/27/2014I had the Baked Clams Oreganata and Crab Carbonara.....Best lunch ever!Special Features:
- go for the happy hour!!!BeerOclockDined on 8/26/2014Entrees are OK for the price. I've had better at the same price point, but the happy hour is what sets this apart. Great drinks. Half price apps. Life is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best happy hour raw barBudgetFoodieDined on 8/26/2014If you like fresh oysters and lobster mac and cheese on a budget, City Crab before 7 pm is your heaven. Celebrate a special occasion at happy hour!Special Features:
- Double DateKay37Dined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a double date with his friend and his friends' girlfriend. We had a 8 PM reservation on a Saturday night. The service was excellent. The food was delish and we were in and out in no time. We will definitely go back in the near future!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceKellyyipDined on 8/22/2014I'm glad I had the chance to stop by for lunch since I haven't been back for over ten years. The service was great and the food was excellent.Special Features: