City Crab & Seafood Company
235 Park Ave South
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
City Crab & Seafood Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citycrabnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 529-3800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 11:30pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Nick Cataldo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are able to do catering off site.
- Entertainment: Brunch on Saturday and Sunday from Noon until 4pm.
- Special Events: Please contact Miles at email@example.com to coordinate your private event.
A word from City Crab & Seafood Company
For almost 20 years City Crab and Seafood Company has been serving up New York's freshest seafood and American fare. Located in the heart of New York's Gramercy Park/Flatiron area, City Crab and Seafood Company is the perfect place for a relaxing lunch or dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
City Crab & Seafood Company - Best Restaurants in Gramercy / Flatiron ›
City Crab & Seafood Company reviews from OpenTable diners
305 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (147)fit for foodies (115)great for lunch (97)neighborhood gem (96)special occasion (89)great for brunch (69)vibrant bar scene (61)hot spot (53)kid-friendly (43)romantic (30)late-night find (20)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Never again.WoodyVIPDined on 11/19/2014Went for a business lunch with a colleague. Surly, borderline rude service from the moment we walked in the door. My companion's lunch arrived 10 minutes before mine. Servers was basically AWOL even though less than 10% of the tables were occupied at the peak of the lunch hour. Apparently, we were among the few people that haven't caught on about how unpleasant this place is. We finally got up and tried to find our server after waiting another 10 minutes for the check. Settled for one of the three servers standing in the middle of the restaurant having a nice long chat. Nothing special about the food. Save yourself the aggravation and go elsewhere.
- Great brunchBirthdayVIPDined on 11/16/2014I used a TravelZoo voucher and I had no problems. Delicious brunch; lobster and asparagus omelette was tasty. Bread basket is also delicious. No problems with unlimited cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood was very fresh and delicious.ChuckVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service was excellent with the food arriving as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunch spotArubachicDined on 11/15/2014My friend and I enjoyed brunch here last week. The Food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceMaryannVIPDined on 11/11/2014We live in New York and often go to City Crab for special occasions. Food is great, though they changed the menu since we've been there last and that was a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- In real estate it's location location location...roby2000Dined on 11/10/2014In food it's quality quality quality. Here you get that. Pricey but incredibly fresh. Add the friendly and efficient service and you have a winner. I can only afford City Crab for special occasions but their free birthday entree policy makes it more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going DownhillgittDined on 11/8/2014Service was a huge disappointment. We had to chase down our waiter numerous times to ask him for items that he forgot about. Bread, crab crackers, bibs, etc. And then we were overcharged on our bill.
- slow servicesaintVIPDined on 11/8/2014We waited over 30 minutes for the waiter to take our orders. Then the entree came before my salad. Waited again 35 minutes just to get a check
- my favorite Seafood spotBori62Dined on 11/8/2014Never had a bad experience & I've been here about 8 times in 3 years. The bread is great when they remember to put it on your table. Otherwise just ask for it & enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- martiniVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great lunch choices, lobster burgers and lobster rolls with crispy fries.I would recommend this to a friend.
- once city crab - always city crabandyDined on 11/7/2014we enjoy this restaurant every time we are in manhattan. since years a very nice menu and top quality. unfortunately the nois level is at the limit for a dinnerSpecial Features:
- birthday dinnerjeannieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The food was great and our waitress was lovely. It was my son's birthday and he enjoys good seafood. Plus the waitress added a candle to his cake and made the evening special for him.Special Features:
- City Crab never disappointsnyracballerVIPDined on 11/5/2014When in the mood for seafood this is the place to go. Manager is awesome and the specials are always great.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotAussieGirlDined on 11/5/2014Booked this restaurant for a casual business lunch for out of town colleagues. Service was good - not intrusive but was always available to help when needed. Food came quickly but we didn't feel rushed to finish. Food was outstanding - try the lobster rolls. Would highly recommend if you're looking for a casual atmosphere with great food.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A WINNERmerryknDined on 11/4/2014Whenever we are in NY we have to eat at City Crab and Seafood. Wether for lunch or dinner it is always a winner and we are never disappointed. We have tried many different dishes and are always pleased.Special Features:
- Fresh Yummy SeafoodlabellasenoraVIPDined on 10/29/2014I came for lunch with my aunt and as always the serve and food is terrific. I love their scallops, very flavorful and done to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyNAR53VIPDined on 10/27/2014Service here is always great. The seafood is also great. My only complaint is that the noise level is OFF THE CHARTS. It would be such a superior experience if a bit less volume.Special Features:
- awesome seafoodXNewYorkchefDined on 10/25/2014came here for my son's birthday, and the wait staff was phenomenal, and the seafood was everything we thought it would be. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved this place.luv2dineDined on 10/24/2014It was my birthday day. I decided to take my twin to a very nice place. So I choice city crab and Seaford. I love seafood overall everything about seafood. I loved my service quick very friendly my waitres. I had a great time on my birthday day I would definitely go again. I am glad I when there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeFamilyniteoutDined on 10/24/2014Very noisy. Quieter upstairs. Food very good but pricy. Service awesome. Waiter has been there for ten years. That should say it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All about the seafoodfoodloverVIPDined on 10/24/2014I've been coming here for quite some time now. I love how fresh the clams are. This time I tried the Alaskan Snow Crabs with garlic and butter. I couldn't finish it but enjoyed it even more the 2nd time around at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SeafoodmrsdDined on 10/22/2014City Crab remains one of my favorite NYC restaurants. Great food and great service. They have a really good selection and mix of food on the menu and everything we tries was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Happy Hour!PixieWDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic half price on appetizers oysters and spirits Happy Hour! Be classy all while saving money. You can eat like a king or queen for $25 including drinks.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerHarlemShakerDined on 10/20/20142nd visit. 1st time on a Monday evening. 2nd floor was closed. The wait service was fast. Prices were reasonable. Location is good. Margaritas are yummy:) will return again just not on a Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best oysters in NYCeatingoutDined on 10/19/2014They have the freshest, coldest most delicious oysters in NYC. Love their 1/2 price happy hour all day Sunday. Started with oysters and drinks and ended with their delicious filet mignon and fries. What a great way to end a Sunday in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimsDined on 10/19/2014City Crab & Seafood is consistently good. It is a bit pricy, but all seafood restaurants in and around NYC are. The fish is always fresh. The Seafood Gumbo is especially good. I had the Red snapper with Coconut sauce, but the sauce did not have much coconut flavor. The quality of the fish, however was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!!!lovelycrablegsDined on 10/19/2014We had a wonderful time. I took my 7 year old for the first Crab Legs experience. He had so much fun with the plastic bib and the cracking the crab!!! we will definitely go back, a little pricey but with it.Special Features:
- My Birthday DinnerthebakeshowDined on 10/18/2014I come to expect top-notch serviceand delicious foodwhen I visit CC which is why it's my family's favorite restaurant. Unfortunately this past Saturday night the food was not its' usual standards. Specifically my wife's fried shrimp dinner was badly over-cooked. We didn'tmake a big deal of it but we did find it disappointing.Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014The cocktails were awesome! The food however was good but a little underwhelming; our Calamari appetizer was overcooked, the Shrimp Imperial a little bland. Would still like to give it another try - maybe one of the pots (Lobster Bake or Crab Pot)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantLadyjcDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time eating here; it was 8 of us and we had a great time, food was excellent, service was great and the music! I will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunchSirEatsALotDined on 10/18/2014Their brunch menu is delicious. Pair it with the loosely-enforced 90-minute all-you-can-drink deal and you've got yourself a nice Saturday afternoon!Special Features:
- Foreveryoung35Dined on 10/17/2014It was my 35th birthday and everthing was amazing. My boyfriend loved it so much, he want us to come here for his birthday!!Special Features:
- Super MarioHeymrd1313Dined on 10/15/2014Our waiter, Mario, was so knowledgable and fun that the whole dining experience was great. Loved the SeaBass special and my husband loved the Imperial Shrimp with Crab filling. the Chocolte Flourless Cake wAs moist and delicious.Special Features:
- Disappointed, very.braddDined on 10/12/2014Disappointing experience. I took my twin 15 year old boys on a special trip to NYC and they love shellfish so we chose this place. It was not better, and maybe even worse than any place you would find in any small town. The calamari wasn't crispy and was feeble in size. I would not even rate it as "Fair". The weren't even sure if they had a 2lb lobster (!) but somehow came up with a 2 1/2 pounder. The server was tired and bored and really not up to lour enthusiasm for an experience. The bill was more than we paid at a world famous, renowned NY steakhouse where the experience was unforgettable and the waiter was awesome. Honestly, a huge waste of time and money.Special Features:
- Mediocre and overpricedNSAdocNYCVIPDined on 10/10/2014My friends began with the shrimp cocktail appetizer. That only came with 4 shrimp for $20! Our bill was $180 and we didn't have any alcohol! The one saving grace of the entire experience was our incredible server.
- if you like seafoodsawallisVIPDined on 10/10/2014Always a winner in my book. And they don't overcook the lobster.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceLisaADined on 10/9/2014I recently celebrated a friend's birthday and we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious, from appetizers to desserts and our server Lindsey was phenomenal! Looking forward to returning soon. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrabJackieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Crab was delicious as we're the oysters and the halibut and tuna. Swordfish was good but not great. Ambiance of place doesn't seem in sync with its priciness which is why it isn't very crowded. We sat upstairs which is rather large and there were only two other tables were seated after us. Downstairs was fairly full at peak hour on a Tuesday night. The place could use more energy.Special Features:
- As AdvertisedBoomDined on 10/5/2014The combination of the venue, food, and service created a great experience. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDelightedCustomerDined on 10/5/2014The seafood is amazing and the staff is very friendly. I cannot wait to go back for a lobster dinner. They also have pre-fixe, 3-course lunch and dinners that make it very affordable. I recommend everyone try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.