City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
1080 Corporate Drive
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://citycellarny.com/
- Phone: 5166935400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Live Jazz Brunch 11:00AM til 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Damato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of the more popular dishes are Gulf Shrimp & Sea Scallop Risotto and housemade Charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The restaurant features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight." City Cellar has been named one of The Top Ten Long Island Restaurants by Newsday and called "A sure thing" by The New York Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (78)special occasion (77)good for groups (75)fit for foodies (61)great for brunch (58)neighborhood gem (57)great for lunch (48)vibrant bar scene (45)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (32)hot spot (26)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Would never go back.MitziDined on 8/31/2014I had made reservations through open table made it for 8:00pm. When we arrived at the resturant there was a whole mix up with the reservations. So they finally found it for 8:00pm after having difficulity. We were seated at the table the waitress was nice .When my husband order a second drink it took about 20-25 mins before his drink came out. We were there celebrating my husband birthday so for desert they just put a candle but at that point we were done.Before leaving the resturant another hostess come to our table and said if we had reservation because somebody had the same last name.Like Really !
- MichelleDined on 8/30/2014At a recent visit our service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Worth going back!DoeLVIPDined on 8/24/2014We passed this spot almost weekly, and talked about trying it. We finally made a reservation, and try it on Sunday. The waiter made suggestions about dishes, and every suggestions was spot on! He was also personable and checked on us regularly. The food was also great!!! The salad dressing on the Wedge Salad was great an our made dishes were mouth-watering. Definitely will make that place a regular fixture!Special Features:
- Delicious!Dee2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went with my sister and sister-in-law to celebrate our birthdays. We went on a Friday night, with a reservation, seated immediately (even though we showed up late). Our server was great, food came out quick, but not too quick, and it was delicious. We were not rushed at all! I had the lump crabcake and it was really good...not filled with breadcrumbs at all like a lot of other places. It was all crab! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great spot for Brunch!KathiDined on 8/17/2014Although the noise level at this sophisticated eatery is "energetic" (a bit on the loud side), the atmosphere, food and service more than make up for it. The choices on the menu are varied and plentiful, from vegetarian and vegan options to steak and eggs! This is a great place to have brunch while listening to live music...close to shopping, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunchLazySundayDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with Jazz music and complimentary mimosas...nice change of pace. Very nice atmosphere...we sat inside, but would definitely sit out on patio also. Reasonably priced, and nice service. Have not been there for dinner in ages...will now come back.Special Features:
- Brunch at City CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We arrived at City Cellar this past Sunday for the Jazz Brunch. After being seated at a nice table, our waitress took our order. My friend and I both had omlettes complimented by a small greens salad and a basket of sweet breads. All of our food tasted very good and service was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our brunch cocktails- several choices were available, along with a varied menu. Next visit I would like to try another brunch entree, such as the Nutella Crepes. Special treat was live music by a jazz quartet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caron SchillingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was pretty good, the service excellent. It was kind of noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annie412Dined on 8/14/2014My group as a whole felt underwhelmed by the food, service was a little disorganized and the noise level is high. The outdoor bar was enjoyable and would try the outdoor tables for lunch. Wine selection was great.Special Features:
- Love the Lobster roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The food here is amazing....Loved the lobster rolls and salmon entrée....would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining was terrificdpandiamoDined on 8/10/2014Great Menu. Beautiful outdoor space. Our only complaint was the entrée came out to quickly. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch at City CellarterrypDined on 8/10/2014If you enjoy brunch and are looking for a good spot, you must try City Cellar in Westbury. Great food, great ambiance and great jazz.Special Features:
- MP23Dined on 8/10/2014we were a group of 7 for brunch. The service was outstand as well as the food. we are definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchfoodforthoughtDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter had no personality. I never received any syrup for my Belgian waffles and I had to ask the busboy since our waiter didn't check on us until the I was almost done. Also had to call the waiter to get more coffee. Was unfortunate because the jazz was good and the restaurant looks great but the service was very poor and the brunch menu was not very exciting. Upon leaving, no one including our waiter nor the front desk person said anything to us. I was very disappointed and embarrassed that I took my mother there to celebrate.
- EdithTDined on 8/8/2014City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill was a great place to have lunch. The food was excellent, service great and the ambience was outstanding. Loved the lunch so much had to come back for dinner, which was also excellent. The dinner special menu had many choices and each of the people in our party had something different and everyone enjoyed their selection. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary/birthday celebrationNTC85Dined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I came here for to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We have been here before for the same occasion, and find ourselves coming back time and again. The food is spectacular. The menu offers a variety of dishes -- some very different, and some more common items, but all with a twist. I definitely recommend the gnocchi dish with spinach and chicken! The service is great. Serves are always there to check in, but not intrusive. If the food alone doesn't bring you back, the atmosphere is fantastic. The restaurant is beautiful and the bathrooms are very clean!Special Features:
- Excellent Cowboy SteakSmkcpaDined on 8/2/2014I had the 22 oz Cowboy Steak special - the meat was cooked to perfection, there was no visible fat, and it was tender, juicy. and delicious. The side was an order of Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. They were perfectly cooked, and reminded me of the taste of the Original Nathan's Famous of Coney Island fries that I used to eat back in the 60's. The only issue that I had was the noise level - it was hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/2/2014our dinner was delicious. the wait staff is terrifc, always helpful, i am gluten free, so its a pleasure to dine w/ you.Special Features:
- A really nice lunch outing....BobtVIPDined on 8/2/2014Took my sister, aunt & wife to lunch on Saturday. Setting & table really nice. Big booth in bar area was comfy & made conversation easy. Server was very good - friendly & responsive, but not pushy. The women enjoyed their chardonnay & I was pleased with the tap beer selection, including a local IPA that tasted great. We all had salads (Spinach or Quinoa) & they were just right. Healthy, interesting flavor profiles & also filling for lunch. The manager suggested the pistachio chicken salad sandwich - I did not get it this time, but saw it delivered to several other patrons & that's what I will order next time! We will be back!Special Features:
- Mostly good dinning experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The food was outstanding from the appetizers to the deserts. Great for outdoor dinning. The only drawback was having a DJ playing extremely loud techno dance music for no good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Dinning.RichDined on 7/26/2014We ate outside on the patio. Being right across the street from Target parking lot was not a problem as the restaurant has attractive canvas panels lining the dinning are. Large umbrellas shield the sun. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJoanneDined on 7/26/2014Very noisy and food was just ok nothing special I was disappointed.
- pumpkin1Dined on 7/23/2014The service was a little harried. This may have been due to a busier than usual weekday night. The dish, lobster and Mac was delicious and very rich.Special Features:
- Excellent... As usual!LuvthisplaceDined on 7/22/2014Have been here many times... Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good wine tastedolphinDined on 7/21/2014The food is really good, great environment, great decoration and really good patio to celebrate special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VEGANDINERvegandinerDined on 7/20/2014QUIET PLACE FOR SUNDAY NIGHT. WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE. SERVICE WAS GOOD. EXTENSIVE AND EXPENSIVE WINE LIST. MUSHROOM/ONION SOUP WAS DIFFERENT AND DELICIOUS. MOST OF THE ENTREES CONTAINED MEAT OR FISH, SO I CHOSE TWO SIDES - MAC AND CHEESE AND RED BEETS WITH PISTACHIO NUTS GARNISH. MY HUSBAND HAD SEAFOOD DINNER -SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS. FOOD WAS VERY FRESH AND TASTY. ATTRACTIVE AND SPACIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!YummyfindDined on 7/20/2014Great food & great service! Outdoor seating was very nice and comfortable. Lots of choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the afternoon i was expectingmebsheadDined on 7/20/2014Sadly, it was not the afternoon I was anticipating. My cousin's food was cold, when we mentioned it, manager apologized and replaced it with barely warmer food, my first "Bloody Maria" came garnished with olives and lemon as well as celery, my second had a bit of wilted celery. We ordered biscuits with gravy on the side, they came together, once mentioned it was replaced with a cold serving of gravy, never saw the biscuits. A friend and I had dinner there in January and we were Blown away by the quality of the food and the service! As you can imagine, I was quite excited to return with my family, at your prices, it's Not somewhere I can often go, and I found myself apologizing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014City Cellar is our go-to place with family and friends. It's consistently good......the food, the service, and the ambiance. Great for a casual dinner with friends or for a special meal with family. Thanks, City Cellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EatfineVIPDined on 7/18/2014This time we had the Sunset Dinner...A lot of choices that we're well presented...Hot & Good....We all enjoyed! Like that they Included coffee & tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014The food was excellent and the service spot on. I highly recommend City Cellar,nice atmosphere. On our visit it was not that crowded so the noise level was low.Special Features:
- Family dinnerCloserDined on 7/13/2014Service and food was okay, nothing special. It was my daughter`s birthday and the restaurant did nothing to acknowledge it. We purchased a dessert so they could put in a candle.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantpmnyVIPDined on 7/12/2014Service was ok, food was good. A nice dinning room with a large bar that has a large glass wall that lets you see in tot the wine vault, open kitchen is on the right hand side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Has been there many times and always leave extremely satisfied! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very happyStevieVIPDined on 7/1/2014The place is great looking and the food is tops. Some of the waiters should learn how to take a food order and make sure all the guests are served at the same time. And all orders are correct...Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our waitress was wonderful & attentive. Being gluten free, she made sure that everything I ordered was acceptable. All wait staff should be this way. Dinner was delicious. We took friends and look forward to going back.Special Features:
- happyDined on 6/28/2014noise level is a bit high... food was good. all enjoyed... kitchen forgot to make one of our appetizers, my sauteed brussel sprouts were not sauteed enough, a bit hard. Mussels were very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodBP35Dined on 6/27/2014Delicious, good value and consistent in quality. Love their salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/26/2014always great, food, atmosphere, service top shelf, love this placeSpecial Features:
- Our Local GemPhilipBVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great wine list, delicious food, attentive service, makes this a wonderful gem. Add a fabulous Sunday brunch and seasonal outdoor dining, and City Cellar does it all.Special Features: