City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
1080 Corporate Drive
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://citycellarny.com/
- Phone: 5166935400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Live Jazz Brunch 11:00AM til 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Abbatiello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The perfect place for your celebration, business dinner, or soiree, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grills features a spacious, beautifully appointed private dining room, which can comfortably accommodate from 30 to 140 guests. This lush, chic space boasts HD flat panel TVS, along with a state-of-the-art sound system. The private room features french doors, providing beautiful, natural light, along with access to our outdoor patio & lounge-perfect for cocktail parties. The room can be divided into two smaller rooms, for more intimate gatherings.
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of the more popular dishes are Gulf Shrimp & Sea Scallop Risotto and housemade Charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The restaurant features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight." City Cellar has been named one of The Top Ten Long Island Restaurants by Newsday and called "A sure thing" by The New York Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (75)good for groups (72)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (57)vibrant bar scene (46)great for lunch (41)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (32)hot spot (30)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great night!!!AlwaysHungryDined on 9/26/2014A great idea if you are looking to get together with friends. The food was amazing. The service was on point. We loved the half off of $100+ bottle of wine deal. It allowed us to try wine that we would never order otherwise. There is no doubt that we will be back.Special Features:
- Great food but loud brunchBlonde95Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to City Cellar numerous times. Every time the service is great and food is delightful! Unfortunately my last experience was terrible. 6 of us went for book club brunch. There was a Jazz band playing but instead of relaxing background music it was so loud we could hardly talk. I like Jazz but not blaring Jazz while trying to participate in conversation. In my opinion if the music was a bit lower it wouldn't have been so annoying. Even some of the staff I mentioned the noise level to agreed. As usual the food and safe were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchlovetoeatoutDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. Booth was intimate for our party of four which was good because it was a little noisy. Had a good time. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent meal.Napa123VIPDined on 9/20/2014In an area of mediocre chain restaurants, this restaurant is a find. Nice environment and excellent food. A menu with a lot of choices. The server was very good, other service staff could use some training but overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Love going to City Cellars as we always are treated special. Food is awesome, wine is excellent and service could not be beat!Special Features:
- First time experiencePumpkinDined on 9/14/2014Wanted to take the family out for Sunday Brunch. We went on the computer looking for brunch in our area. City Cellar turned out to be an excellent choice. Our server Tyler took care in explaining our menu choices and met all our needs during brunch. The food was excellent. And we particularly enjoyed the jazz during our meal. City Cellar,as we say in our family , is a keeper and we look forward to returning. PS it was great being able to make a reservation onlineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience!!KuklaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is always good - have never been disappointed. However, the noise level was soooo high, all 4 of us were yelling at each other in order to be heard. There was a party going on with a DJ and throughout the entire meal, all we could hear and feel was the extremely loud bass. It is definitely not the place to go for a romantic dinner. It has always been on the loud side, but the noise level this time made it difficult to digest your food. Management should also pay more attention to the busboys - our table had crumbs and the cream in our coffee curdled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar to a chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014It is located where there is a sports arena, large restaurant. Not my kind of restaurant, ok in a pinch. Food was ok, service was very friendly and good.
- Time to move onKillerqueenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Husband had the same sea bass dish he's had for the past 20 times. I had the branzino...it was over cooked. I only come because my husband likes the sea bass and I have literally tried everything on the menu. Quite frankly, none of it is good anymore. I used to like this place a lot, but the food is just awful now. Love the ambiance of the place, but it's time to move on.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT!KitaDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday here and really enjoyed it from beginning to end. The food was delicious and they have a nice wine list.Special Features:
- Great Place - Highly Recommend!Summer2014Dined on 9/7/2014We wouldn't normally travel almost an hour to dine, but City Cellar was so worth the trip! The wine list was amazing and reasonable. Best spinach salad ever! Their signature dish - Chilean Sea Bass was delicious. The chocolate flourless cake with ice cream was to die for!!!!Special Features:
- girls night outMediaqueenVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great choice for celebrating 2 friends birthdays! everyone was pleased with the menu choices (and if you can get there by 6:30 the early menu is a great offering). the place is very pretty and the food was delicious! it was quiet since it was a Tuesday and right after the holiday weekend so the quiet comment does not hold true on weekends.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening....janetDined on 9/1/2014Went there for Labor Day. Not crowded. The food and service were very good. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!DstrauDined on 9/1/2014Variety of items on menu. Albeit a bit expensive. Prix fixe lunch a better bargain. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never go back.MitziDined on 8/31/2014I had made reservations through open table made it for 8:00pm. When we arrived at the resturant there was a whole mix up with the reservations. So they finally found it for 8:00pm after having difficulity. We were seated at the table the waitress was nice .When my husband order a second drink it took about 20-25 mins before his drink came out. We were there celebrating my husband birthday so for desert they just put a candle but at that point we were done.Before leaving the resturant another hostess come to our table and said if we had reservation because somebody had the same last name.Like Really !
- lilmacDined on 8/31/2014They have an extensive brunch menu at reasonable prices. Live music adds to the ambiance, though it could be a little less intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden City SpotAmbiantDined on 8/31/2014Very good food, service, the whole place is very good. me and my wife always love to eat here.Special Features:
- MichelleDined on 8/30/2014At a recent visit our service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Worth going back!DoeLVIPDined on 8/24/2014We passed this spot almost weekly, and talked about trying it. We finally made a reservation, and try it on Sunday. The waiter made suggestions about dishes, and every suggestions was spot on! He was also personable and checked on us regularly. The food was also great!!! The salad dressing on the Wedge Salad was great an our made dishes were mouth-watering. Definitely will make that place a regular fixture!Special Features:
- Delicious!Dee2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went with my sister and sister-in-law to celebrate our birthdays. We went on a Friday night, with a reservation, seated immediately (even though we showed up late). Our server was great, food came out quick, but not too quick, and it was delicious. We were not rushed at all! I had the lump crabcake and it was really good...not filled with breadcrumbs at all like a lot of other places. It was all crab! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great spot for Brunch!KathiDined on 8/17/2014Although the noise level at this sophisticated eatery is "energetic" (a bit on the loud side), the atmosphere, food and service more than make up for it. The choices on the menu are varied and plentiful, from vegetarian and vegan options to steak and eggs! This is a great place to have brunch while listening to live music...close to shopping, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunchLazySundayDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with Jazz music and complimentary mimosas...nice change of pace. Very nice atmosphere...we sat inside, but would definitely sit out on patio also. Reasonably priced, and nice service. Have not been there for dinner in ages...will now come back.Special Features:
- Brunch at City CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We arrived at City Cellar this past Sunday for the Jazz Brunch. After being seated at a nice table, our waitress took our order. My friend and I both had omlettes complimented by a small greens salad and a basket of sweet breads. All of our food tasted very good and service was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our brunch cocktails- several choices were available, along with a varied menu. Next visit I would like to try another brunch entree, such as the Nutella Crepes. Special treat was live music by a jazz quartet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caron SchillingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was pretty good, the service excellent. It was kind of noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annie412Dined on 8/14/2014My group as a whole felt underwhelmed by the food, service was a little disorganized and the noise level is high. The outdoor bar was enjoyable and would try the outdoor tables for lunch. Wine selection was great.Special Features:
- Love the Lobster roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The food here is amazing....Loved the lobster rolls and salmon entrée....would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining was terrificdpandiamoDined on 8/10/2014Great Menu. Beautiful outdoor space. Our only complaint was the entrée came out to quickly. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch at City CellarterrypDined on 8/10/2014If you enjoy brunch and are looking for a good spot, you must try City Cellar in Westbury. Great food, great ambiance and great jazz.Special Features:
- MP23Dined on 8/10/2014we were a group of 7 for brunch. The service was outstand as well as the food. we are definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchfoodforthoughtDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter had no personality. I never received any syrup for my Belgian waffles and I had to ask the busboy since our waiter didn't check on us until the I was almost done. Also had to call the waiter to get more coffee. Was unfortunate because the jazz was good and the restaurant looks great but the service was very poor and the brunch menu was not very exciting. Upon leaving, no one including our waiter nor the front desk person said anything to us. I was very disappointed and embarrassed that I took my mother there to celebrate.
- EdithTDined on 8/8/2014City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill was a great place to have lunch. The food was excellent, service great and the ambience was outstanding. Loved the lunch so much had to come back for dinner, which was also excellent. The dinner special menu had many choices and each of the people in our party had something different and everyone enjoyed their selection. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary/birthday celebrationNTC85Dined on 8/5/2014My boyfriend and I came here for to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. We have been here before for the same occasion, and find ourselves coming back time and again. The food is spectacular. The menu offers a variety of dishes -- some very different, and some more common items, but all with a twist. I definitely recommend the gnocchi dish with spinach and chicken! The service is great. Serves are always there to check in, but not intrusive. If the food alone doesn't bring you back, the atmosphere is fantastic. The restaurant is beautiful and the bathrooms are very clean!Special Features:
- Excellent Cowboy SteakSmkcpaDined on 8/2/2014I had the 22 oz Cowboy Steak special - the meat was cooked to perfection, there was no visible fat, and it was tender, juicy. and delicious. The side was an order of Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. They were perfectly cooked, and reminded me of the taste of the Original Nathan's Famous of Coney Island fries that I used to eat back in the 60's. The only issue that I had was the noise level - it was hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/2/2014our dinner was delicious. the wait staff is terrifc, always helpful, i am gluten free, so its a pleasure to dine w/ you.Special Features:
- A really nice lunch outing....BobtVIPDined on 8/2/2014Took my sister, aunt & wife to lunch on Saturday. Setting & table really nice. Big booth in bar area was comfy & made conversation easy. Server was very good - friendly & responsive, but not pushy. The women enjoyed their chardonnay & I was pleased with the tap beer selection, including a local IPA that tasted great. We all had salads (Spinach or Quinoa) & they were just right. Healthy, interesting flavor profiles & also filling for lunch. The manager suggested the pistachio chicken salad sandwich - I did not get it this time, but saw it delivered to several other patrons & that's what I will order next time! We will be back!Special Features:
- Mostly good dinning experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014The food was outstanding from the appetizers to the deserts. Great for outdoor dinning. The only drawback was having a DJ playing extremely loud techno dance music for no good reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Dinning.RichDined on 7/26/2014We ate outside on the patio. Being right across the street from Target parking lot was not a problem as the restaurant has attractive canvas panels lining the dinning are. Large umbrellas shield the sun. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJoanneDined on 7/26/2014Very noisy and food was just ok nothing special I was disappointed.
- pumpkin1Dined on 7/23/2014The service was a little harried. This may have been due to a busier than usual weekday night. The dish, lobster and Mac was delicious and very rich.Special Features:
- Excellent... As usual!LuvthisplaceDined on 7/22/2014Have been here many times... Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.