City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
1080 Corporate Drive
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://citycellarny.com/
- Phone: (516) 693-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Live Jazz Brunch 11:00AM til 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Abbatiello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The perfect place for your celebration, business dinner, or soiree, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grills features a spacious, beautifully appointed private dining room, which can comfortably accommodate from 30 to 140 guests. This lush, chic space boasts HD flat panel TVS, along with a state-of-the-art sound system. The private room features french doors, providing beautiful, natural light, along with access to our outdoor patio & lounge-perfect for cocktail parties. The room can be divided into two smaller rooms, for more intimate gatherings.
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of the more popular dishes are Gulf Shrimp & Sea Scallop Risotto and housemade Charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The restaurant features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight." City Cellar has been named one of The Top Ten Long Island Restaurants by Newsday and called "A sure thing" by The New York Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (81)notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (74)neighborhood gem (65)special occasion (61)vibrant bar scene (59)hot spot (47)great for brunch (46)romantic (35)great for lunch (32)great for outdoor dining (25)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was great!!FoodieOneDined on 11/22/2014Would go back in a heart beat and have. The food was great, a bit crowded but great fun. The service was right on too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great Server!wmw322VIPDined on 11/22/2014Very lively dinner. Kale salad was wonderful. Sea bass delicious. I'd pass on the chopped clam flat bread. Our SERVER WAS FANTASTIC! SHE MADE OUR EVENING. wish we could remember your name you deserve kudos. House red wine perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Right!MomAndDadDined on 11/22/2014We like to attend concerts at Westbury Music Fair and City Cellar offers a nice option. It is relatively close and provides a nice atmosphere. We were there for an early dinner and were able to take advantage of their "Sunset Special" $25 for a complete dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent...as usual.LuvthisplaceDined on 11/21/2014LOVE the winter menu with the addition of the all the new sides and pasta dishes! Had the whole wheat orechetti with mushrooms and shaved brussels...delicious! Eat mostly vegetarian and fish and have vegetarian friends and there are plenty of options on the menu. BRING BACK THE ARCTIC CHAR PLEASE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for brunch. Live jazz -Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014I recommend the crab & avocado Eggs Benedict. Excellent crab cake replaces the usual English Muffin. The live music is a little loud. They don't mention the free Mimosa unless you ask for it. But everyone enjoyed their food & we sat there for a long time. We've been there many times for dinner & brunch and it's always been good. Usually easy to get a reservation, but gets busy late on Saturdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experienceNiklosDined on 11/16/2014We went to City Cellar for their jazz brunch. I had never been to this restaurant so i did not know what to expect. It was recommended by a co-worker. It's a large restaurant but service was outstanding. There is a good variety on their Brunch menu. The jazz band is a little loud so conversation can be a problem depending on how close you are seated to the band. Overall, the food was great, the service was great but it was somewhat noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE WaitPerryDined on 11/15/2014Wait to long for a table - especaiily when you are on time - food was good - service was excellent - bar area needs more bartendats on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about us at the barKMG1VIPDined on 11/15/2014City Cellar is our go-to date night or special occasion restaurant. Food and service are consistently very good. Was a bit annoyed during this past visit, however. We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation and was told several tables were finishing up and why not have a seat at the bar and they would text me when the table was ready. Two drinks each and 35 mins later no text so we went to check on our table. They were seating 8pm reservations as they were coming in the door right in front of me. I think they forgot about us. They quietly realized they ran out of tables for 2 so they sat us at a table for 4. A better system needs to be in place to seat those already waiting. Sounds like a scam to increase bar sales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyFoodieCravesDined on 11/12/2014Base on reviews on Opentable and Yelp, I decided to book reservations here for my boyfriend's birthday. The ladies at the desk were very pleasant. We were running late and I had to call them to push our reservations and they recognized my reservation once I got in the door, superb! They sat us down immediate since it was kind of early on a Wed night. I ordered their special pinot and my boyfriend had their beer. He said it was nicely chilled and the general manager responded back to me through email on which pinot I actually got (Belle Glos's Las Alturas). Thanks Daniel! As for the food, it was amazing! We got the beef carpaccio (excellent), ahi tuna tartare (needs more sauce/salt), dry age burger, and the braised short rib (their cream corn is the best I had). You can taste the dry aged from their beef dishes and that's what we expected from "dry aged". Everything was cooked to the standard you expect from a high class restaurant in Manhattan. My boyfriend is a chef with his background from the French Culinary and he recommends this place. This is definite a gem in the neighborhood. However, I wouldn't recommend anyone walking in with slacks, jeans etc (indicated as casual on yelp). It's more of a business casual environment and great for those who love dressing your best. Overall, definitely book this place for any romantic dinners or big group gathering. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Check Your Doggie BagGroupaGalsDined on 11/8/2014Very disappointed to find once home that my lunch leftovers were missing the delicious mashed sweet potatoes that I'd taken a mere fork full or two of were not packaged along with my salmon and cold slaw. I normally bag my own leftovers but since the group I was with let the waiter take care of it I decided to do the same. BIG MISTAKE! Why wouldn't my whole meal be packed to go, instead, the cold slaw was removed from the top of the potatoes and then the potatoes were disgarded. I'll be going back to my habit of packing my own leftovers, not only was the salmon and cold slaw very good, but the sweet potatoe mash really accentuated the meal. What a bummer and disappointment... scratching my head on this one.Special Features:
- Great Lunchbijt930Dined on 11/8/2014We had a group of 8 for a lunch and they arranged for a great table that allowed for some privacy and had plenty of room for all of us. Our server was delightful and we all enjoyed our meal. The price fix lunch had great choices and almost everyone picked from that menu.Special Features:
- Always enjoy coming hereDCBklynDined on 11/7/2014I have been to the restaurant several times and the food & wine never disappoints. The service is also great and the restaurant has also been accommodating to any special food requests etc. I also like that they change up their menu seasonally. The ambiance is fabulous and it has been my go/to place in Nassau County for some time now. Living in Suffolk, it's a good mid-way point for meeting up with friends from the city etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & dependable!BarbaraTVIPDined on 11/6/2014Every time I'm in the Westbury area I make a reservation at City Cellar & Wine Bar because I know the food will be delicious and the price will right! They have a 3-course Sunset menu with many options -- this is not to be missed. You will spend as much for just one al a carte entree as you will for the 3-course Sunset menu. My party of 2 loved everything we ordered and it was really hard to decide on the entree because of all the great choices. Put this on your revolving restaurant short list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunchbru4funDined on 11/2/2014Great place for Brunch with friends. Terrific food and loved the Jazz music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ok but...RichDined on 11/1/2014Our dishes of pork osso bucco and steak were well prepared and presented. The seasoning was light to none. Place has a beautiful interior and bar but noise level is excessive. Wine was good but a very small amout for $13 for about 1/4 of a glass. Overall thus place is a tad too expensive for what you getSpecial Features:
- Skip DessertDinnerNOdessertDined on 10/27/2014Dinner was very good and the house wine was too. But the real reason we went to City Cellar was for the dessert platter, which is NO longer on the menu. We were a group of 6 celebrating a birthday and I thought the platter would be perfect. I think they should add it back on to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNyFoodieDined on 10/25/2014Tables packed to the max- couldn't even walk in-between the tables. Drinks took over 10 minutes to get. waiter apologized & took our app & dinner order. We didn't see our apps or waiter for 25 minutes, no joke. When the waiter arrived with the apps, he apologized again and said "there's a long line for apps". 5 minutes after our apps, our dinner came. The waiter even said "that came out quick!" & "I'll make it up to you"- he did not. We were charged for everything. NEVER AGAIN. Not worth the $. Beautiful decor, but the food wasn't good. I had Pasta Orecchiette & it was so dry; clearly sat under a heat lamp for 20 minutes. $18 burger wasn't a hit either. The crab cake was the only thing worth ordering that we were happy with.Special Features:
- Chef makes dishes as you like themcineMelVIPDined on 10/21/2014Always enjoy City Cellar. Service is excellent. Food is tasty. Presentation is lovely. When I wanted my meal served in a particular way, the chef obliged.Special Features:
- DON'T DINE ON SUNDAY NIGHTSBobarboyVIPDined on 10/19/2014SERVICE IS OUTRIGHT AWEFUL. 1 WAITRESS CANNOT HANDLE 2-TOPS + 3 8+ PARTIES AT THE SAME TIME. MANAGER DIDN'T SEEM TO WANT TO GET INVOLVED.
- What special??KuklaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Although I received an email promoting a surf & turf special for Columbus day weekend (Sunday & Monday) we arrived at 6:30 on Sunday and our waiter was a little bit left out of the loop. He really didn't know too much. Then another waiter came, took our orders and then brought the salads. Our entrees were ready before we were, so we asked her to hold them. The Mgr came over and told us there were no more specials?????????How can that be when they were ready to be served? A bit confusing I might say. He gave us the salad and dessert that were supposed to be included with the special and we ordered other entrees. I think they have to get their act together. This is the second questionnable experience we've had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The menu is not too exciting and the food taste ok. It's probably good for wine because the soda and lemonade were not satisfyingSpecial Features:
- Perfect local restaurantfoodexpertDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant offers many things - it's wonderful for before or after the movies, shopping, has a lively bar, a varied menu for light or serious dining. Sometimes we have wine and cheese and other times we have a full dinner. I have been there for business sponsored cocktail parties but those tend to be very noisy.Special Features:
- COOKIEDined on 10/11/2014We've been here before, but noted a few new items on the menu. The food was great but our server was abit slow. Also, the noise level is quite loud so its hard to carry a conversation at the table. Other than that, we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchg00df00dbadlightingDined on 10/5/2014I was taken here for mu birthday brunch for the first time and I enjoyed it I just wish they would carry turkey bacon for those people like my self that don't eat pork.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceJbunnyDined on 10/4/2014Beautiful decor , great food, the calamari was delicious and the skirt steak too.Special Features:
- So SoSo1soDined on 10/4/2014I have been to City Cellar many times. It is a central location for many of my friends who live on Long Island. I must say all three of us were disappointed Saturday evening. We all had the specials and they were so, so. We felt it was a pricey place to eat and to leave hungry. Were going to the movies afterwards so we got popcorn which filled up up. We might go back again or find another place near by.
- Great food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The menu was very versatile, and the food was delicious. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodYogaGirl511Dined on 10/3/2014Trying new restaurants is always a risk, but this was a good risk. City Cellar is a surprising gem among the chain restaurants found on Long Island, and in Westbury in partidular. Great wine selection, fantastic desserts, and wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!!AlwaysHungryDined on 9/26/2014A great idea if you are looking to get together with friends. The food was amazing. The service was on point. We loved the half off of $100+ bottle of wine deal. It allowed us to try wine that we would never order otherwise. There is no doubt that we will be back.Special Features:
- Great food but loud brunchBlonde95Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to City Cellar numerous times. Every time the service is great and food is delightful! Unfortunately my last experience was terrible. 6 of us went for book club brunch. There was a Jazz band playing but instead of relaxing background music it was so loud we could hardly talk. I like Jazz but not blaring Jazz while trying to participate in conversation. In my opinion if the music was a bit lower it wouldn't have been so annoying. Even some of the staff I mentioned the noise level to agreed. As usual the food and safe were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchlovetoeatoutDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. Booth was intimate for our party of four which was good because it was a little noisy. Had a good time. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent meal.Napa123VIPDined on 9/20/2014In an area of mediocre chain restaurants, this restaurant is a find. Nice environment and excellent food. A menu with a lot of choices. The server was very good, other service staff could use some training but overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Love going to City Cellars as we always are treated special. Food is awesome, wine is excellent and service could not be beat!Special Features:
- First time experiencePumpkinDined on 9/14/2014Wanted to take the family out for Sunday Brunch. We went on the computer looking for brunch in our area. City Cellar turned out to be an excellent choice. Our server Tyler took care in explaining our menu choices and met all our needs during brunch. The food was excellent. And we particularly enjoyed the jazz during our meal. City Cellar,as we say in our family , is a keeper and we look forward to returning. PS it was great being able to make a reservation onlineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience!!KuklaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is always good - have never been disappointed. However, the noise level was soooo high, all 4 of us were yelling at each other in order to be heard. There was a party going on with a DJ and throughout the entire meal, all we could hear and feel was the extremely loud bass. It is definitely not the place to go for a romantic dinner. It has always been on the loud side, but the noise level this time made it difficult to digest your food. Management should also pay more attention to the busboys - our table had crumbs and the cream in our coffee curdled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar to a chain restaurantDianneVIPDined on 9/11/2014It is located where there is a sports arena, large restaurant. Not my kind of restaurant, ok in a pinch. Food was ok, service was very friendly and good.
- Time to move onKillerqueenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Husband had the same sea bass dish he's had for the past 20 times. I had the branzino...it was over cooked. I only come because my husband likes the sea bass and I have literally tried everything on the menu. Quite frankly, none of it is good anymore. I used to like this place a lot, but the food is just awful now. Love the ambiance of the place, but it's time to move on.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT!KitaDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday here and really enjoyed it from beginning to end. The food was delicious and they have a nice wine list.Special Features:
- Great Place - Highly Recommend!Summer2014Dined on 9/7/2014We wouldn't normally travel almost an hour to dine, but City Cellar was so worth the trip! The wine list was amazing and reasonable. Best spinach salad ever! Their signature dish - Chilean Sea Bass was delicious. The chocolate flourless cake with ice cream was to die for!!!!Special Features:
- girls night outMediaqueenVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great choice for celebrating 2 friends birthdays! everyone was pleased with the menu choices (and if you can get there by 6:30 the early menu is a great offering). the place is very pretty and the food was delicious! it was quiet since it was a Tuesday and right after the holiday weekend so the quiet comment does not hold true on weekends.Special Features: