City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
1080 Corporate Drive
Westbury, NY 11590Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://citycellarny.com/
- Phone: 5166935400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Live Jazz Brunch 11:00AM til 2:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Abbatiello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The perfect place for your celebration, business dinner, or soiree, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grills features a spacious, beautifully appointed private dining room, which can comfortably accommodate from 30 to 140 guests. This lush, chic space boasts HD flat panel TVS, along with a state-of-the-art sound system. The private room features french doors, providing beautiful, natural light, along with access to our outdoor patio & lounge-perfect for cocktail parties. The room can be divided into two smaller rooms, for more intimate gatherings.
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of the more popular dishes are Gulf Shrimp & Sea Scallop Risotto and housemade Charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and all delicious. The restaurant features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight." City Cellar has been named one of The Top Ten Long Island Restaurants by Newsday and called "A sure thing" by The New York Times.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury - Best Restaurants in Westbury ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - Westbury reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (77)special occasion (71)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (69)neighborhood gem (69)vibrant bar scene (50)great for brunch (47)great for lunch (39)hot spot (39)great for outdoor dining (38)romantic (32)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- What special??KuklaVIPDined on 10/12/2014Although I received an email promoting a surf & turf special for Columbus day weekend (Sunday & Monday) we arrived at 6:30 on Sunday and our waiter was a little bit left out of the loop. He really didn't know too much. Then another waiter came, took our orders and then brought the salads. Our entrees were ready before we were, so we asked her to hold them. The Mgr came over and told us there were no more specials?????????How can that be when they were ready to be served? A bit confusing I might say. He gave us the salad and dessert that were supposed to be included with the special and we ordered other entrees. I think they have to get their act together. This is the second questionnable experience we've had there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The menu is not too exciting and the food taste ok. It's probably good for wine because the soda and lemonade were not satisfyingSpecial Features:
- Perfect local restaurantfoodexpertDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant offers many things - it's wonderful for before or after the movies, shopping, has a lively bar, a varied menu for light or serious dining. Sometimes we have wine and cheese and other times we have a full dinner. I have been there for business sponsored cocktail parties but those tend to be very noisy.Special Features:
- COOKIEDined on 10/11/2014We've been here before, but noted a few new items on the menu. The food was great but our server was abit slow. Also, the noise level is quite loud so its hard to carry a conversation at the table. Other than that, we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday brunchg00df00dbadlightingDined on 10/5/2014I was taken here for mu birthday brunch for the first time and I enjoyed it I just wish they would carry turkey bacon for those people like my self that don't eat pork.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceJbunnyDined on 10/4/2014Beautiful decor , great food, the calamari was delicious and the skirt steak too.Special Features:
- So SoSo1soDined on 10/4/2014I have been to City Cellar many times. It is a central location for many of my friends who live on Long Island. I must say all three of us were disappointed Saturday evening. We all had the specials and they were so, so. We felt it was a pricey place to eat and to leave hungry. Were going to the movies afterwards so we got popcorn which filled up up. We might go back again or find another place near by.
- Great food, great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The menu was very versatile, and the food was delicious. Will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodYogaGirl511Dined on 10/3/2014Trying new restaurants is always a risk, but this was a good risk. City Cellar is a surprising gem among the chain restaurants found on Long Island, and in Westbury in partidular. Great wine selection, fantastic desserts, and wonderful ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!!!AlwaysHungryDined on 9/26/2014A great idea if you are looking to get together with friends. The food was amazing. The service was on point. We loved the half off of $100+ bottle of wine deal. It allowed us to try wine that we would never order otherwise. There is no doubt that we will be back.Special Features:
- Great food but loud brunchBlonde95Dined on 9/21/2014I have been to City Cellar numerous times. Every time the service is great and food is delightful! Unfortunately my last experience was terrible. 6 of us went for book club brunch. There was a Jazz band playing but instead of relaxing background music it was so loud we could hardly talk. I like Jazz but not blaring Jazz while trying to participate in conversation. In my opinion if the music was a bit lower it wouldn't have been so annoying. Even some of the staff I mentioned the noise level to agreed. As usual the food and safe were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchlovetoeatoutDined on 9/21/2014Food was great. Booth was intimate for our party of four which was good because it was a little noisy. Had a good time. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent meal.Napa123VIPDined on 9/20/2014In an area of mediocre chain restaurants, this restaurant is a find. Nice environment and excellent food. A menu with a lot of choices. The server was very good, other service staff could use some training but overall an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Love going to City Cellars as we always are treated special. Food is awesome, wine is excellent and service could not be beat!Special Features:
- First time experiencePumpkinDined on 9/14/2014Wanted to take the family out for Sunday Brunch. We went on the computer looking for brunch in our area. City Cellar turned out to be an excellent choice. Our server Tyler took care in explaining our menu choices and met all our needs during brunch. The food was excellent. And we particularly enjoyed the jazz during our meal. City Cellar,as we say in our family , is a keeper and we look forward to returning. PS it was great being able to make a reservation onlineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our best experience!!KuklaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food is always good - have never been disappointed. However, the noise level was soooo high, all 4 of us were yelling at each other in order to be heard. There was a party going on with a DJ and throughout the entire meal, all we could hear and feel was the extremely loud bass. It is definitely not the place to go for a romantic dinner. It has always been on the loud side, but the noise level this time made it difficult to digest your food. Management should also pay more attention to the busboys - our table had crumbs and the cream in our coffee curdled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Similar to a chain restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2014It is located where there is a sports arena, large restaurant. Not my kind of restaurant, ok in a pinch. Food was ok, service was very friendly and good.
- Time to move onKillerqueenVIPDined on 9/7/2014Husband had the same sea bass dish he's had for the past 20 times. I had the branzino...it was over cooked. I only come because my husband likes the sea bass and I have literally tried everything on the menu. Quite frankly, none of it is good anymore. I used to like this place a lot, but the food is just awful now. Love the ambiance of the place, but it's time to move on.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT!KitaDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday here and really enjoyed it from beginning to end. The food was delicious and they have a nice wine list.Special Features:
- Great Place - Highly Recommend!Summer2014Dined on 9/7/2014We wouldn't normally travel almost an hour to dine, but City Cellar was so worth the trip! The wine list was amazing and reasonable. Best spinach salad ever! Their signature dish - Chilean Sea Bass was delicious. The chocolate flourless cake with ice cream was to die for!!!!Special Features:
- girls night outMediaqueenVIPDined on 9/2/2014Great choice for celebrating 2 friends birthdays! everyone was pleased with the menu choices (and if you can get there by 6:30 the early menu is a great offering). the place is very pretty and the food was delicious! it was quiet since it was a Tuesday and right after the holiday weekend so the quiet comment does not hold true on weekends.Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening....janetDined on 9/1/2014Went there for Labor Day. Not crowded. The food and service were very good. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!DstrauDined on 9/1/2014Variety of items on menu. Albeit a bit expensive. Prix fixe lunch a better bargain. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would never go back.MitziDined on 8/31/2014I had made reservations through open table made it for 8:00pm. When we arrived at the resturant there was a whole mix up with the reservations. So they finally found it for 8:00pm after having difficulity. We were seated at the table the waitress was nice .When my husband order a second drink it took about 20-25 mins before his drink came out. We were there celebrating my husband birthday so for desert they just put a candle but at that point we were done.Before leaving the resturant another hostess come to our table and said if we had reservation because somebody had the same last name.Like Really !
- lilmacDined on 8/31/2014They have an extensive brunch menu at reasonable prices. Live music adds to the ambiance, though it could be a little less intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Garden City SpotAmbiantDined on 8/31/2014Very good food, service, the whole place is very good. me and my wife always love to eat here.Special Features:
- MichelleDined on 8/30/2014At a recent visit our service was excellent and the food was wonderful. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Worth going back!DoeLVIPDined on 8/24/2014We passed this spot almost weekly, and talked about trying it. We finally made a reservation, and try it on Sunday. The waiter made suggestions about dishes, and every suggestions was spot on! He was also personable and checked on us regularly. The food was also great!!! The salad dressing on the Wedge Salad was great an our made dishes were mouth-watering. Definitely will make that place a regular fixture!Special Features:
- Delicious!Dee2014Dined on 8/22/2014I went with my sister and sister-in-law to celebrate our birthdays. We went on a Friday night, with a reservation, seated immediately (even though we showed up late). Our server was great, food came out quick, but not too quick, and it was delicious. We were not rushed at all! I had the lump crabcake and it was really good...not filled with breadcrumbs at all like a lot of other places. It was all crab! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Great spot for Brunch!KathiDined on 8/17/2014Although the noise level at this sophisticated eatery is "energetic" (a bit on the loud side), the atmosphere, food and service more than make up for it. The choices on the menu are varied and plentiful, from vegetarian and vegan options to steak and eggs! This is a great place to have brunch while listening to live music...close to shopping, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable brunchLazySundayDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with Jazz music and complimentary mimosas...nice change of pace. Very nice atmosphere...we sat inside, but would definitely sit out on patio also. Reasonably priced, and nice service. Have not been there for dinner in ages...will now come back.Special Features:
- Brunch at City CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014We arrived at City Cellar this past Sunday for the Jazz Brunch. After being seated at a nice table, our waitress took our order. My friend and I both had omlettes complimented by a small greens salad and a basket of sweet breads. All of our food tasted very good and service was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our brunch cocktails- several choices were available, along with a varied menu. Next visit I would like to try another brunch entree, such as the Nutella Crepes. Special treat was live music by a jazz quartet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caron SchillingerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The food was pretty good, the service excellent. It was kind of noisey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annie412Dined on 8/14/2014My group as a whole felt underwhelmed by the food, service was a little disorganized and the noise level is high. The outdoor bar was enjoyable and would try the outdoor tables for lunch. Wine selection was great.Special Features:
- Love the Lobster roll!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The food here is amazing....Loved the lobster rolls and salmon entrée....would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outdoor dining was terrificdpandiamoDined on 8/10/2014Great Menu. Beautiful outdoor space. Our only complaint was the entrée came out to quickly. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch at City CellarterrypDined on 8/10/2014If you enjoy brunch and are looking for a good spot, you must try City Cellar in Westbury. Great food, great ambiance and great jazz.Special Features:
- MP23Dined on 8/10/2014we were a group of 7 for brunch. The service was outstand as well as the food. we are definitely returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchfoodforthoughtDined on 8/10/2014Our waiter had no personality. I never received any syrup for my Belgian waffles and I had to ask the busboy since our waiter didn't check on us until the I was almost done. Also had to call the waiter to get more coffee. Was unfortunate because the jazz was good and the restaurant looks great but the service was very poor and the brunch menu was not very exciting. Upon leaving, no one including our waiter nor the front desk person said anything to us. I was very disappointed and embarrassed that I took my mother there to celebrate.
- EdithTDined on 8/8/2014City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill was a great place to have lunch. The food was excellent, service great and the ambience was outstanding. Loved the lunch so much had to come back for dinner, which was also excellent. The dinner special menu had many choices and each of the people in our party had something different and everyone enjoyed their selection. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.