City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
700 South Rosemary Avenue, Suite 218
West Palm Beach, FL 33401Neighborhood:
West Palm Beach
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigtimerestaurants.com/
- Phone: 561-366-0071
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch : Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Lisabet Summa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jeremiah Bennett 5613660071
A word from City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill offers a varied menu including delicious hearth baked pizza, dry aged steaks, housemade fresh pasta and seafood. Some of our more popular dishes are the Flatbread of the Night, Gulf Shrimp-Sea Scallop Risotto, and housemade charcuterie. The menu also features a daily selection of hard to find artisanal cheeses. The desserts are all enticing, all house made and very tasty. City Cellar features a huge award winning wine collection that can be sampled by the bottle, glass or "flight". Outdoor dining is available overlooking the beautiful fountains of CityPlace.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach - Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach ›
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (34)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (32)romantic (30)special occasion (29)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (18)late-night find (16)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- very goodcharleysDined on 10/17/2014great prompt service, eclectic menu, attentive staff, superb wine list ,creative chef , unusual cheeses and sausages, will make it a monthly stop for sureSpecial Features:
- Cheese and Charcuterie MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014You can go to a restaurant and have good steak, fish, pasta or maybe even a more exotic piece of chicken or duck which the City Cellar offer. But when we saw the Charcuterie Menu, we had to try. The selections were almost overwhelming which may keep some people away, but I assure you, if you like exotic cheeses and meats with olives, honey and roasted almonds, this is the only menu you will need aside from the extensive drink menu of course. Settle into a seat outside to do some people watching while you indulge in some of the best cured ham, salami and aged cheese while sipping on a glass of your favorite beer or wine.Special Features:
- stay homerannggersDined on 10/8/2014the food should arrive hot, not have to be sent back.
- Consistantly delish!LIEKVIPDined on 10/6/2014Love to meet people here as the menu and wines are always changing. Wine Monday has wonderful 1/2 price bottles. The food was delicious and plentiful. Server was a delight and very knowledgable.Special Features:
- WonderfulPerfect2nightDined on 9/28/2014We liked the new decor. A nice surprise for us. The food here is always up to par and once again 4 diners were very pleased with their own selections. Everyone liked the delicious bread, herbs and oil. A nice treat with our wine.Special Features:
- Just OKSunshyneeDined on 9/27/2014For the price, there are many other great choices in the Palm Beach area. Server was friendly bit very slow. Drinks were good at a good price. My Chilean sea bass was slightly overdone but my guests sea bass was just right. City Place has really gone downhill over the last couple of years, making this location feel overpriced. I've had fresher tasting fish for less at restaurants within the area. Pass on City Cellar. It's not what it used to be.
- Good high end foodH8tobl8Dined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed our evening here I had the duck it was done perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantBradDined on 9/13/2014The dinner was great! Had a very nice, cozy booth. The wine list was very extensive with a wide variety of regions represented and priced fairly. The food was perfect and the service impeccable! I would recommend this restaurant to any and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!westpalmgalDined on 9/7/2014Service was wonderful. The waitress was great at handling our large group. Everyone loved their meals--the stuffed french toast and breakfast pizza were standouts.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatMixedFeelingsVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place is an IN place in West Palm Beach. It has good reviews, a nice menu and a great ambiance inside. The only detraction to our party of four was the taste of the food. It was good, but not great. It seems like a place where the food would be great, but it simply wasn't. We'd go back, but we certainly wouldn't go out of our way to go back, and it definitely wouldn't be one of our top 10 choices in the area.Special Features:
- WHINE ABOUT WINE...1HillsboroBeachVIPDined on 8/29/2014We tried to order a simple bottle of Chardonnay. The waiter kept recommending the highest price bottles on the menu. When we selected a more reasonably priced bottle, the label was out of stock. Other wines were offered to us at the full price on the menu. The meal was good (the filet mignon was cooked to a tee), but the wine issue put a bad taste in our mouths. We would go back, but hopefully we would not have the same waiter.Special Features:
- Cheese plateNat14Dined on 8/19/2014The wine and cheese was amazing. Cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and fooddibphdVIPDined on 8/13/2014I travel a lot for business. Picked this restaurant randomly. Had such a great experience, I went back the next night for more. Surprisingly, it was just as good as the previous night. GeeGee, my server, was smart, witting, friendly and provided just the right amount of personal attention without being overwhelming or chatty. All of the "small" portions were medium-sized and I had a hard time finishing them even though one was better than the next. Will definitely return and recommend to all diners - families, business, fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & convenient too!MobileMosesVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great for a group of friends who want to get together for good food. City Cellar is a good choice to eat, greet and enjoy. The food is good as is the total "restaurant experience!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Place DiningCigarDined on 8/10/2014City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill is a nice comfortable place for dining adjacent to bustling City Place. Up and away from the busy action but still right in the heart of everything. Nice ambiance, good staff, very good food, and full wine list, although on the expensive side. Yoy can dress it up or come right in from shopping in casual attire.Special Features:
- Bar serviceali1VIPDined on 8/3/2014The bar service is excellent. My friends and I go there every week for happy hour due to the happy hour pricing on an excellent wine list and the bar menu. We also go regularly because of the excellent service we receive at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- most excellentcharleysDined on 8/1/2014service was attentive, food was eclectic, wine list impressive, attention to detail by all staff, will surely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMaperezDined on 7/26/2014I went to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. We had a very attentive waitress who offered great suggestions to us and took the time to answer questions. We were provided with bread while we waited for our appetizer which was a little hard, but we ordered veal meatballs and they delicious. I had chilean sea bass with asparagus and potatoes and my husband had a crab cake as his entree and they both were cooked to perfection. We both had cocktails and they were made with the right amount of alcohol. Overall great birthday dinner. They even provided me with a free dessert with a candle. I loved it.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemLeelagrlDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is a little pricey, but worth every dime if you are looking for a wonderful meal and extensive wine list for a special occasion. We come each year when we visit. The food is exceptional & the waitstaff is top notch. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NEW FIND IN CITY CENTER1HillsboroBeachVIPDined on 7/21/2014Another arm of The Big Time Restaurant Group delivered. Had lunch on a Monday - the place was empty! Four of us all had different entrees and all were delish. Service good - on top of water and wine refills. We will be back.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchJoleneVIPDined on 7/20/2014Bottomless mimosas or bloody mary's for $10! Can order from the brunch or lunch menu. Loved the grilled chicken sandwich and egg sandwich tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy in the heart of City PlaceNick2641Dined on 7/19/2014The service was excellent! The only thing I thought that didn't give warrant the perfect rating was that the waiter when he brought the appetizer delivered to one end of the table rather than to the center of table - it would appear as if only one person in our party ordered as he only addressed that one person rather than all at the table. Otherwise excellent meal and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsWeezelDined on 7/19/2014City Cellar is consistently excellent in both food and service and has been for years. It's a place to return to again and again.Special Features:
- Favorite food placeFavfoodplaceVIPDined on 7/18/2014If Cutter is the bartender stop at the bar and have a martini before dinner . You can't go wrong .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegas27Dined on 7/18/2014Food was suprisingly delicious. Had the daily special brussel sprout appitizer an it was delicious but the odor was very "cabbagey." Added chicken to the homemade gnocchi pasta was delicious great flavor and texture but chicken was overcooked and dry. Tried steak special and it was prepared more med rare than medium as ordered. They put the steak back on the grill and cooked it more thoroughly. If it bothers u that they dont waste food and just cook a steak a bit longer, then dont order a steak here. I was not bothered steak came back perfect. Wine selection is decent with a suprising amount of selections by the glass. Acceptable wine prices too. A littlr to loud for a date unless your next to the person. Fun atmosphere for friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!AmyTDined on 7/17/2014Was visiting the area for a long weekend and randomly made reservations based on the menu I found online. I had the sea bass which was incredible. My bf had the crab stuffed shrimp which I tried and it was awesome! Server left us alone but met our needs. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatMChoneyDined on 7/11/2014Have been going to City Cellar since it opened. Good food, wine, cocktails and service always on point. Fresh ingredients and a inovative creations always work for me. I had the hog snapper it was delicious. We tried the key lime pie for the first time and the crust was out of this world... I always look forward to my dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!FLteach28Dined on 7/5/2014My boyfriend and I went to City Cellar for a birthday celebration and had the best time! The food was delicious, and the atmosphere was beautiful. The service was great too! The wine list is notable. I had the gnocchi and my boyfriend had the filet. They both were incredible! I recommend this place highly! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrMelFlDined on 7/5/2014Food and service was outstanding. Great decor. This is a must dining venue.Special Features:
- Fun & delicious!chibbert06Dined on 7/2/2014Food, menu and wine list were great! Service was terrific. Atmosphere was fun. A little loud for intimate meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place For DinnerScorpiDined on 6/29/2014We traveled from Miami to West Palm Beach to catch in combination with the improv. I found this restaurant online and thought let's give it a shot. The hostess was very accommodating and moved us from our table twice because we were not happy. So that was awesome. The food wasn't bad but it's not something that I would really go back for a second time. Especially since there's so many other restaurants at city place in West Palm Beach.Special Features:
- ExcellentginacVIPDined on 6/27/2014It is always a great experience !! Bartenders are wonderful - hostess sweet - manager very accommodating and friendly! Atmosphere and good terrific always great!! Martinis excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 401 reviews are from the City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill - West Palm Beach reviews archive.
- Quality RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014City Cellar never disappoints. The food is always wonderful and the service fantastic.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014My son had the best steak he ever had - the NY Strip. Perfectly cooked! Escargot great.Special Features:
- A great find in City PlacekayakqueenDined on 6/13/2014First time trying City Cellar with friends and all 4 of us really enjoyed it. Pizza and salads were great and the specials were a really nice treat on both offering and price. Loved the wine list, especially the manager's specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good locationEdieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Food is prepared very nicely. I had the Tuna. Very generous portion and very tasty. My husband had the Seabass and loved it. Service was good and manager came over to check on us. We were going to the Improv after, so it's very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The City At Its BestWeezelDined on 5/31/2014City Cellar has been a favorite haunt of mine for several years. I've had dinner there before going to a show in the area. This past weekend we had a guest staying with us who wanted to get together with friends. I suggested City Cellar and they were extremely pleased with my selection. The food and service was wonderful. The noise level was a bit loud, but it was a Saturday night. Our server was very attentive and suggested a nice bottle of wine for the table. We were pleased with his selection. This is definitely worthy of a return visit.Special Features:
- The service was greatmav29Dined on 5/30/2014We had a great dinner and it all started with our server. He was amazing. He helped with wine, meat and cheese. We ordered small plates and he worked our order to make sure it came as a multi-course meal. I was very impressed. I would definitely recommend and will go back again.Special Features:
- A Great Food PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/24/2014Great server Joshua recommended a wonderful Belle Glos wine, and fantastic lobster Mac and cheese. The main event was a crab encrusted Chilean sea bass. One of the best meals we've had at home or abroad. Thanks to the cooks, servers, and front desk people. Amazing!Special Features:
- Can't go wrong! I love City CellarBoilerLeahVIPDined on 5/23/2014We visit City Cellar about once a month. The food is always excellent, the service is perfect and I love the manager's specials and all the wine options. Everything is amazing, and if it's not, they will certainly make it right!Special Features: