821 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073730622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30pm – 4:00pm,
Closed Sunday; Dinner Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Heidi Skehan and Matt Wall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining accommodates up to 70 people for a seated event and 90 for a cocktail reception. Audiovisual equipment is available. This space is ideal for corporate lunches, private dinners, holiday parties, private happy hour gatherings. Citrus also features a chef"s table that can accommodate up to 10 people for a private lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Heidi Skehan 4073730622x
A word from Citrus Restaurant
Citrus Restaurant is located in Downtown Orlando and features regionally inspired new American cuisine in a stylish and comfortable setting. The menu reflects fresh and contemporary takes on classic American dishes.Continued
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Citrus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Citrus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (21)great for lunch (20)good for groups (17)romantic (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Citrus? Sorry.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We were initially seated near the private party room and had to be moved because the noise was beyond bearable. They need to close that room off. The hostess was gracious and accommodating, but the waitress was slow and forgetful and inattentive, even as the restaurant cleared out and her work load lessened. I had trout which was good in itself, but the accompanying dish of grits and corn was cold and lumpy, and the brussels sprouts were simply old. One member of our party had the lamb marquez and found it to be quite good. All in all, we would not hurry back. Noise control is essential, as is efficient service, and of course, food quality is the whole point of dining out.
- Great environment1sttimerDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed my lunch there. Great decor and love it's location. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome meal at CitrusCitrusDined on 7/28/2014Always a fantastic experience at Citrus! Scallops were amazing as always!Special Features:
- Citrus Restaurant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Five of us met for a business lunch. Out table was ready at noon as requested and in a relatively quiet location so we could conduct our business. The service was outstanding, but the food, although plentiful, was a lithe on the greasy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so muchdinerpsycoDined on 7/14/2014The subject says it all. The food was great but the server (Tom or Todd or something like that) not so much. You can tell he was ticked off because we requested to be sat outside. We were the only table outside. Anyways the food is highly recommended and if you get lucky and actually get a server and not an order taker you'll enjoy.Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014Kudos to the chef, our servers, and the hostess. We kept coming back because of the completely wonderful dining experience. We tried many of the entrees each one better than the next. We ended up eating here four nights of our 7 night stay in Orlando. We wish we could take this restaurant home with us!Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014From the hostess to the server to the chef... all went above and beyond to make our dining experience terrific. Exceptionally delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodTinaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Citrus has always been a favorite of my husband & I. On this visit, I brought two friends with me for their first visit to this restaurant. The food and service did not disappoint. We decided to sit at the bar after arriving and our bartender was wonderful with suggestions and patience. Now, Citrus will have two more loyal customers to add to their long list of repeat visitors. Thank you! :)Special Features:
- pleased but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014i had reservation at 11:30 but restaurant was not open when I got there at 11:30 ... then even though servers were nice to handle 11:30 crowd...the plantains I got were still cold (like raw)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so good...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Never been disappointed in Citrus. The shrimp and grits is amazing, and the pork chop epic. Love the atmosphere here, and such a good mixologist!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceMbermanVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been going to Citrus since it opened. Each time the food and the service have always been top notch. I can not remember one single time that I have had an issue with anything at this place! In Downtown Orlando there are very few places you can find attached free parking that allows you to get in and out for lunch or dinner quickly. There is an attached garage behind the restaurant and couldn't make this anymore convenient during lunch or dinner hours downtown. Usually I am greeted by first name and a friendly welcome. They will remember you if you have been there before and treat you like a local. If you want a guaranteed easy dining experience with highly regarded food I strongly suggest you try Citrus. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious1stimeinOrlandoDined on 6/23/2014we were greeted and cared for attentively during our meal at Citrus. The variety of the menu was a pleasure to read, and our choices were delicious, in particular the blackened sea scallops. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated ExperienceEmmeepeeDined on 6/21/2014We loved the atmosphere, here. The menu was interesting and everything we ordered was well prepared and presented. It had a quiet sophistication that I found to be very pleasant. I think that Citris would be a good place to go on a first date when you want to impress your date, as well as get a chance to have some sort of conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus Never Disappoints!CharDevDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I done at Citrus often and have never had a meal or dish that was less than stellar. Their mussels are by far our favorite with the shrimp and grits coming in a very close second. If you are lucky you might dine on an evening when they have made a batch of their bacon icecream...quite wonderful and wholly unexpected (and I'm not even a true fan of bacon but I LOVE it!!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealFoodMattersDined on 6/10/2014Great experience all around. Lovely greeting. Great server. Food spot on (fried green tomatoes are best in town).Special Features:
- Wow! Food was GreatTinaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how well the food was cooked and tasted!!You've got to try the fried tomatoes and the mussels are to die for. By the time we had a couple appetizers, and a couple glasses of wine, we were happy and full. Service was quick and very attentive. If you haven't tried, you should.Special Features:
- a favorite...but...beforetheshowDined on 6/6/2014Citrus is a favorite of our group. It was the first time in a while we all got together and were happy to have the small dining room to ourselves. The servers realized we were catching up so they were attentive but gave of lots of time. The steak flatbread and c alamari appetizers and trout and both steak entrees were exceptional. To be honest the pork chop was not evenly cooked and part was very pink and almost raw. The flavors were very good. The Myer lemon dessert is a winner. Toward the end of dinner a large group came in near us and the noise level went off the meter. The servers seemed a bit stretched. While we felt these things should be mentioned, we had a grat time. Next time a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backgroupDined on 6/5/2014We went for the local dining event, Bite 30 and now can't wait to go back. The restaurant has a very modern trendy feel, maybe a little noisy, but that is part of the experience. Service is very experienced and professional, they are there when you need them but not obtrusive. The food is the excellent. Great menu choices, something for everyone. We had the calamari appetizers and the beef tartare. Both were wonderful. The Idaho trout was perfection, served with cheese grits (much better then I thought they would be) the fried chicken was spicy and sweet. No detail is overlooked, even in the bathroom with special soap and hand cream!Special Features:
- DeliciousNNNK21Dined on 6/2/2014A wonderful experience at Citrus. The menu was diverse and offered some great options for many different tastes. Classic dishes with modern preparation and ingredients. Our server was attentive without interrupting too much giving us time to talk as a group. The Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer was amazing and everyone enjoyed their entrees. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningDiner1237Dined on 5/31/2014Great food, great wine & great service all done with passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and great servicePapiLikeylikeyDined on 5/30/2014Went there before a concert and had a great dining experience. From the convenient front door valet parking to the simple but great menu and the service was second to none. Drinks were a little on the small side but other than that everything was spot on. I could have just eating the fried green tomatoes and I would have been happy.Special Features:
- You lost usTomBVIPDined on 5/24/2014Having eaten at Citrus a few weeks prior to this visit, we went a second time thinking it would be just as fabulous. Not....our server was too busy doing something else, somewhere else, and was not very present. This would be understandable IF IT WERE BUSY! We were one of 4 tables in the whole place. The food was also lacking this time. My friend's steak had large veins in it and was incredibly tough. The Shrimp and Grits was floating in waaaaay to much sauce. More like a soup. Sorry guys, but major FAIL this time.Special Features:
- Salt LickWinston6Dined on 5/16/2014We were excited to go to Citrus after reading some of the reviews on line. Do note that if you are visiting Orlando parks and staying in that area, Citrus is a good 30 minute drive and definitely NOT worth the hike. The ambience is upscale and modern. The wait staff was professional and reasonably attentive. We were excited about the menu as some of the flavor pairings were innovative. The amount of salt literally made the food inedible. We skipped desserts and went straight back to the resort with water bottles.
- Dinner before concertfoodaficionadoDined on 5/16/2014Two of us had dinner at Citrus Friday before the Cher concert. The food was delicious, great presentation, the service was terrific, and the ambience was lovely. Will dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundTomBVIPDined on 5/14/2014What a wonderful experience it was to dine at Citrus :) The food, the drinks, the wine and service were spot on.Special Features:
- The following 261 reviews are from the Citrus Restaurant reviews archive.
- Don't Miss the Meyer Lemon TartLoveNYCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Couldn't ask for a better meal - my dining companion and I shared the Fried Green Tomatoes - loved the combination of flavors and textures (sort of wish we hadn't shared!) and the special house salad - superbly fresh. I had trout, she had scallops - plates were cleaned - and then we experienced the decadent meyer lemon tart with blueberry compote over a graham cracker crust - totally made the meal. Lovely service. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS IS UNUSUALBethMWatsonDined on 4/23/2014We ate at Citrus yesterday at noon. We were a party of three and were seated immediately, as we had made an online reservation. We were asked our drink orders and that was the last we saw of our server for quite some time. The restaurant was full; but this service was uncharacteristically slow. In fact, we asked about our food twice. We were told that there was a large party in the back. Also, I noticed that the young lady who was our server was assisting tables all over the restaurant. She didn't appear to have a "station." I know she was exhausted when her shift concluded! We will go back. The food is great. Parking is easy. But I just had to mention how SLOW the service was yesterday. I've never had this experience before.Special Features:
- Wife and I really enjoy goingMisterMDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food - most of the menu changes each week. Unique blend of tastes The mussel appetizers are amazing Great salads This was our second time going and we plan on coming back whenever we are in the areaSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphereCurt37Dined on 4/18/2014Great atmosphere. I went to this restaurant on a date before a show at the Bob Carr. Service was great as they paid attention to the time because we had to leave for the show. Food was very good, but a little on the pricey side. Also, really easy to get to Bob Carr after dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!floridadiamondgirlDined on 4/17/2014We ate here before a show and the service was excellent - we were out right on time. The best part of the evening was the delicious food! We all got different entrees and everyone was super impressed. Highly recommend - so nice to finally get some good quality dining choices in Orlando.Special Features:
- Amazing had the best steakFranDined on 4/3/2014Amazing had the best steak ever, sat outside after with our wine. Perfect way to finish an eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!mtaylorVIPDined on 3/29/2014I have eaten lunch many times at the Citrus, which by the way is awesome, but I had never tried their dinner. WOW! We had a fabulous dinner. Our waiter suggested the Mussels as an appetizer. They were to die for, we even had to ask for more bread to enjoy all of the broth. For main courses at the table we had the Scallops, Trout served with cheese grits and the Mahi, all were prepared wonderfully and the flavors, yummy! Also on the table we had the buttermilk fried chicken, it was accompanied by the best greens any of us had ever eaten, it was also served with and pea and bacon mac and cheese, talk about comfort food!! The wait staff has efficient , professional and extremely helpful. We will definitely be back for dinner again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- citrus is consistently goodHarvilessVIPDined on 3/28/2014citrus is consistently good and the service is professional and pleasant. menu is sufficiently varied and wine list as well. a good ideaSpecial Features:
- Heavenly fare, but....TastymorselDined on 3/26/2014The musical choice and volume with its' disco esque driving thud thud made digestion, conversation, relaxation challenging to say the least. Service while pleasant was lackluster. Unfortunate overall, as menu and food were exemplar. A return visit is unlikely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful evening indeed.MiniKikiVIPDined on 3/24/2014Met a date here for dinner. The servers were very polite and attentive. I asked quite a few questions and my server was happy to make sure everything was thoroughly answered. Drinks and food were brought out with very little wait time, and it tasted excellent! The chef cooked my salmon exactly as I had ordered. As always, I'm very pleased with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2014We had a great meal with a party of 7 but the food and service was very slow for a weeknightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRRSVDined on 3/10/2014I have an office nearby and eat lunch here often. Always enjoy the food whether from the daily specials or regular menu and service is consistently good although I do have favorite servers.Special Features:
- Food was incredible, service weirdMillieDined on 3/7/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for places to go in Orlando for a relaxing lunch after one of his business meetings and I chose to go here because it had won many awards for a 2013 Orlando dining awards. We set a reservation for 12pm but we got there at 12:40 and they seated us right away. Thank god they did because 12 hit and so many people had come in by that time to dine. Our server was, just basically lazy. He would come around and he wouldn't really recommend anything to us when we couldn't decide on an appetizer and when we did and ordered it, IT NEVER CAME OUT. Our meals came out before and we were just in awe of the fact that not even our appetizer had come out. He wouldn't also help us with the internet connection for a businessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening Dining on the AvenueChereFDined on 3/4/2014Fabulous food - carefully prepared and presented. Service was superb until the end* - waiter/Chris checked in on us several times as did another server. Dining along Orange Avenue in the moonlight was surprisingly delightful. Crisp air - very little traffic since it was after office hours. Nice landscaping along the street and residents walking dogs - very relaxed dining outside. Scallops were fabulous - and they were able to make it so my soy/balsamic/aged cheese allergies were not affected. Hubby had the caveman ribs - huge portion and a bit fatty - but satisfying. *the outside got too windy/cold as the evening wore on. We escaped inside to collect our check which took a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner 3/3/2014JaySDined on 3/3/2014The staff did a great job preparing for our large party of 8. Our waiter Don was outstanding! My girlfriend and I had been there once before which was almost 2 years ago. He remembered what we had to eat the last time and the wine that she drank. This made us feel special and was impressive to our friends who were dining at Citrus for the first time. He also is very good at describing the meals and answering questions about each dish and the specialty drinks. All 8 of us were extremely satisfied with our meals. The chef is amazing and the food came out quickly. We were celebrating a Birthday and I don’t think we could have picked a better place. All 8 of us are looking forward to dining at Citrus during out next visit to Orlando.Special Features: