821 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073730622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30pm – 4:00pm,
Closed Sunday; Dinner Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Heidi Skehan and Matt Wall
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining accommodates up to 70 people for a seated event and 90 for a cocktail reception. Audiovisual equipment is available. This space is ideal for corporate lunches, private dinners, holiday parties, private happy hour gatherings. Citrus also features a chef"s table that can accommodate up to 10 people for a private lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Heidi Skehan 4073730622x
A word from Citrus Restaurant
Citrus Restaurant is located in Downtown Orlando and features regionally inspired new American cuisine in a stylish and comfortable setting. The menu reflects fresh and contemporary takes on classic American dishes.Continued
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
The restaurant is an original concept created by Urban Life Management Restaurant Group.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Citrus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Citrus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (25)good for groups (22)great for lunch (20)romantic (19)notable wine list (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Delectable DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Citrus is a beautifully simple upscale restaurant. I really enjoyed their writers block syrah with the fried green tomato. We went very early for dinner so we had the whole place to ourselves. The service was great and the chairs were so comfy!Special Features:
- Downtown lunch spotTravelerDined on 9/17/2014Great place for lunch or dinner downtown. Good menu choices and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For any occassion, PERFECT!dacgerhtDined on 9/13/2014~the food and plating were expertly prepared, superb. WE, family and friends have dined many times and it is consitantly innovative, ample portions, and welcoming. The staff knows the dishes, can recommend, and deliberately points out each item on the menu and it's positive notes. Can not go wrong with selecting this restaurant for any occassion. Love it : ). ~deb g.Special Features:
- friendly personnel / marginal foodslowfoodluverDined on 9/9/2014First visit ,looked like a good happy hour unfortunately the dinners we ordered were not .
- Fabulous!MissEmDined on 9/6/2014I took a date to this restaurant upon having a colleague recommend it. This restaurant did not disappoint. The environment and ambiance of the dining room was romantic and lovely. The service was outstanding and the food was absolutely impeccable. I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disgruntleddinerDined on 9/6/2014This was part of the months magical dining experience and the menu and food were below par. It was supposed be a sample of a fine dining experience and lead to many return dinners. Unfortunately we found to reason to return.
- Magical DiningMikeDined on 8/30/2014We went for the Magical Dining event that started 26 Aug. The food was great and the portions were large. My wife had the Shrimp and Grits and said they were New Orleans worthy. I had a taste and fully agree. My entrée was the Butter Milk Fried Chicken. Cooked to perfection, moist with crispy/crunchy skin/coating. It consisted of a leg and breast, collards, and fingerling potato salad. All were excellent. We both had to get a to go box as there more than we could eat. My wife had the Local Farmers salad and I had the Fired Green Tomato for an appetizer and both were excellent. Desert was Key lime pie for me and brownie for my wife. We shared and again excellent flavor and presentation. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Citrus? Sorry.seekingGOODdiningDined on 8/23/2014We were initially seated near the private party room and had to be moved because the noise was beyond bearable. They need to close that room off. The hostess was gracious and accommodating, but the waitress was slow and forgetful and inattentive, even as the restaurant cleared out and her work load lessened. I had trout which was good in itself, but the accompanying dish of grits and corn was cold and lumpy, and the brussels sprouts were simply old. One member of our party had the lamb marquez and found it to be quite good. All in all, we would not hurry back. Noise control is essential, as is efficient service, and of course, food quality is the whole point of dining out.
- Great environment1sttimerDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed my lunch there. Great decor and love it's location. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome meal at CitrusCitrusDined on 7/28/2014Always a fantastic experience at Citrus! Scallops were amazing as always!Special Features:
- Citrus Restaurant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Five of us met for a business lunch. Out table was ready at noon as requested and in a relatively quiet location so we could conduct our business. The service was outstanding, but the food, although plentiful, was a lithe on the greasy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so muchdinerpsycoDined on 7/14/2014The subject says it all. The food was great but the server (Tom or Todd or something like that) not so much. You can tell he was ticked off because we requested to be sat outside. We were the only table outside. Anyways the food is highly recommended and if you get lucky and actually get a server and not an order taker you'll enjoy.Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014Kudos to the chef, our servers, and the hostess. We kept coming back because of the completely wonderful dining experience. We tried many of the entrees each one better than the next. We ended up eating here four nights of our 7 night stay in Orlando. We wish we could take this restaurant home with us!Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014From the hostess to the server to the chef... all went above and beyond to make our dining experience terrific. Exceptionally delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodTinaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Citrus has always been a favorite of my husband & I. On this visit, I brought two friends with me for their first visit to this restaurant. The food and service did not disappoint. We decided to sit at the bar after arriving and our bartender was wonderful with suggestions and patience. Now, Citrus will have two more loyal customers to add to their long list of repeat visitors. Thank you! :)Special Features:
- pleased but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014i had reservation at 11:30 but restaurant was not open when I got there at 11:30 ... then even though servers were nice to handle 11:30 crowd...the plantains I got were still cold (like raw)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so good...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Never been disappointed in Citrus. The shrimp and grits is amazing, and the pork chop epic. Love the atmosphere here, and such a good mixologist!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceMbermanVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been going to Citrus since it opened. Each time the food and the service have always been top notch. I can not remember one single time that I have had an issue with anything at this place! In Downtown Orlando there are very few places you can find attached free parking that allows you to get in and out for lunch or dinner quickly. There is an attached garage behind the restaurant and couldn't make this anymore convenient during lunch or dinner hours downtown. Usually I am greeted by first name and a friendly welcome. They will remember you if you have been there before and treat you like a local. If you want a guaranteed easy dining experience with highly regarded food I strongly suggest you try Citrus. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious1stimeinOrlandoDined on 6/23/2014we were greeted and cared for attentively during our meal at Citrus. The variety of the menu was a pleasure to read, and our choices were delicious, in particular the blackened sea scallops. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated ExperienceEmmeepeeDined on 6/21/2014We loved the atmosphere, here. The menu was interesting and everything we ordered was well prepared and presented. It had a quiet sophistication that I found to be very pleasant. I think that Citris would be a good place to go on a first date when you want to impress your date, as well as get a chance to have some sort of conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus Never Disappoints!CharDevDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I done at Citrus often and have never had a meal or dish that was less than stellar. Their mussels are by far our favorite with the shrimp and grits coming in a very close second. If you are lucky you might dine on an evening when they have made a batch of their bacon icecream...quite wonderful and wholly unexpected (and I'm not even a true fan of bacon but I LOVE it!!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealFoodMattersDined on 6/10/2014Great experience all around. Lovely greeting. Great server. Food spot on (fried green tomatoes are best in town).Special Features:
- Wow! Food was GreatTinaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how well the food was cooked and tasted!!You've got to try the fried tomatoes and the mussels are to die for. By the time we had a couple appetizers, and a couple glasses of wine, we were happy and full. Service was quick and very attentive. If you haven't tried, you should.Special Features:
- a favorite...but...beforetheshowDined on 6/6/2014Citrus is a favorite of our group. It was the first time in a while we all got together and were happy to have the small dining room to ourselves. The servers realized we were catching up so they were attentive but gave of lots of time. The steak flatbread and c alamari appetizers and trout and both steak entrees were exceptional. To be honest the pork chop was not evenly cooked and part was very pink and almost raw. The flavors were very good. The Myer lemon dessert is a winner. Toward the end of dinner a large group came in near us and the noise level went off the meter. The servers seemed a bit stretched. While we felt these things should be mentioned, we had a grat time. Next time a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backgroupDined on 6/5/2014We went for the local dining event, Bite 30 and now can't wait to go back. The restaurant has a very modern trendy feel, maybe a little noisy, but that is part of the experience. Service is very experienced and professional, they are there when you need them but not obtrusive. The food is the excellent. Great menu choices, something for everyone. We had the calamari appetizers and the beef tartare. Both were wonderful. The Idaho trout was perfection, served with cheese grits (much better then I thought they would be) the fried chicken was spicy and sweet. No detail is overlooked, even in the bathroom with special soap and hand cream!Special Features:
- DeliciousNNNK21Dined on 6/2/2014A wonderful experience at Citrus. The menu was diverse and offered some great options for many different tastes. Classic dishes with modern preparation and ingredients. Our server was attentive without interrupting too much giving us time to talk as a group. The Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer was amazing and everyone enjoyed their entrees. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningDiner1237Dined on 5/31/2014Great food, great wine & great service all done with passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy and great servicePapiLikeylikeyDined on 5/30/2014Went there before a concert and had a great dining experience. From the convenient front door valet parking to the simple but great menu and the service was second to none. Drinks were a little on the small side but other than that everything was spot on. I could have just eating the fried green tomatoes and I would have been happy.Special Features:
- You lost usTomBVIPDined on 5/24/2014Having eaten at Citrus a few weeks prior to this visit, we went a second time thinking it would be just as fabulous. Not....our server was too busy doing something else, somewhere else, and was not very present. This would be understandable IF IT WERE BUSY! We were one of 4 tables in the whole place. The food was also lacking this time. My friend's steak had large veins in it and was incredibly tough. The Shrimp and Grits was floating in waaaaay to much sauce. More like a soup. Sorry guys, but major FAIL this time.Special Features:
- The following 264 reviews are from the Citrus Restaurant reviews archive.
- Salt LickWinston6Dined on 5/16/2014We were excited to go to Citrus after reading some of the reviews on line. Do note that if you are visiting Orlando parks and staying in that area, Citrus is a good 30 minute drive and definitely NOT worth the hike. The ambience is upscale and modern. The wait staff was professional and reasonably attentive. We were excited about the menu as some of the flavor pairings were innovative. The amount of salt literally made the food inedible. We skipped desserts and went straight back to the resort with water bottles.
- Dinner before concertfoodaficionadoDined on 5/16/2014Two of us had dinner at Citrus Friday before the Cher concert. The food was delicious, great presentation, the service was terrific, and the ambience was lovely. Will dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing all aroundTomBVIPDined on 5/14/2014What a wonderful experience it was to dine at Citrus :) The food, the drinks, the wine and service were spot on.Special Features:
- Don't Miss the Meyer Lemon TartLoveNYCVIPDined on 4/25/2014Couldn't ask for a better meal - my dining companion and I shared the Fried Green Tomatoes - loved the combination of flavors and textures (sort of wish we hadn't shared!) and the special house salad - superbly fresh. I had trout, she had scallops - plates were cleaned - and then we experienced the decadent meyer lemon tart with blueberry compote over a graham cracker crust - totally made the meal. Lovely service. Couldn't ask for a nicer experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS IS UNUSUALBethMWatsonDined on 4/23/2014We ate at Citrus yesterday at noon. We were a party of three and were seated immediately, as we had made an online reservation. We were asked our drink orders and that was the last we saw of our server for quite some time. The restaurant was full; but this service was uncharacteristically slow. In fact, we asked about our food twice. We were told that there was a large party in the back. Also, I noticed that the young lady who was our server was assisting tables all over the restaurant. She didn't appear to have a "station." I know she was exhausted when her shift concluded! We will go back. The food is great. Parking is easy. But I just had to mention how SLOW the service was yesterday. I've never had this experience before.Special Features:
- Wife and I really enjoy goingMisterMDined on 4/18/2014Excellent food - most of the menu changes each week. Unique blend of tastes The mussel appetizers are amazing Great salads This was our second time going and we plan on coming back whenever we are in the areaSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphereCurt37Dined on 4/18/2014Great atmosphere. I went to this restaurant on a date before a show at the Bob Carr. Service was great as they paid attention to the time because we had to leave for the show. Food was very good, but a little on the pricey side. Also, really easy to get to Bob Carr after dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!floridadiamondgirlDined on 4/17/2014We ate here before a show and the service was excellent - we were out right on time. The best part of the evening was the delicious food! We all got different entrees and everyone was super impressed. Highly recommend - so nice to finally get some good quality dining choices in Orlando.Special Features:
- Amazing had the best steakFranDined on 4/3/2014Amazing had the best steak ever, sat outside after with our wine. Perfect way to finish an eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised!mtaylorVIPDined on 3/29/2014I have eaten lunch many times at the Citrus, which by the way is awesome, but I had never tried their dinner. WOW! We had a fabulous dinner. Our waiter suggested the Mussels as an appetizer. They were to die for, we even had to ask for more bread to enjoy all of the broth. For main courses at the table we had the Scallops, Trout served with cheese grits and the Mahi, all were prepared wonderfully and the flavors, yummy! Also on the table we had the buttermilk fried chicken, it was accompanied by the best greens any of us had ever eaten, it was also served with and pea and bacon mac and cheese, talk about comfort food!! The wait staff has efficient , professional and extremely helpful. We will definitely be back for dinner again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- citrus is consistently goodHarvilessVIPDined on 3/28/2014citrus is consistently good and the service is professional and pleasant. menu is sufficiently varied and wine list as well. a good ideaSpecial Features: