821 N. Orange Ave.
Orlando, FL 32801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 373-0622
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30pm – 4:00pm,
Closed Sunday; Dinner Hours: Monday – Friday: 4:00pm – 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Wall and Lucas Reid
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Citrus Restaurants - private dining accommodates up to 70 people for a seated event and 90 for a cocktail reception. Audiovisual equipment is available upon request. This space is ideal for corporate lunches, private dinners, holiday parties and private happy hour gatherings. Citrus also features a Chef Table that can accommodate up to 10 people for a private lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Contact: General Manager - Heidi Skehan 407-373-0622x
- Special Events: The Citrus Restaurant culinary team, headed by Chef Matt Wall and Chef Lucas Reid, invite you to experience our Chef Table dinner. Enjoy a seasonal four-course dinner menu including a wine and cocktail pairing for $60 per person excluding tax and gratuity. Please call the restaurant to book your event.
A word from Citrus Restaurant
Citrus Restaurant is an award-winning restaurant located in Downtown Orlando and features regionally inspired new American cuisine in a stylish and comfortable setting. The menu reflects fresh and contemporary takes on classic American dishes. Citrus was voted "Best Downtown Restaurant" and "Best Power Lunch" in the Orlando Magazine Dining Awards.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Citrus Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Citrus Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (28)good for groups (26)romantic (24)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (15)notable wine list (15)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday Dinner CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014Our party of 5 loved their appetizers in particular the wagu beef carpaccio and the fried green tomatoes as well as their entrees such as the scallops and stuffed porkchop. Service was just right. Try it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently innovative & good serviceDarlinDined on 11/12/2014always a good meal at citrus. Fish dip and salmon delicious. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingRollinsParentDined on 11/8/2014certainly one of the best restaurants in Orlando if not then it is the best; great service great food overall great, expensive yes you get what you pay forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAnneDined on 11/6/2014Great food both lunch and dinner and the staff are outstanding! One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- upscale dining for upscale dinersGators1Dined on 11/3/2014This is just a very nice place to eat. Has a wonderful vibrant feel. Great atmosphere and located in a very good location and easy access. The food was very good and the staff is extremely nice and prompt. overall a very enjoyable place and would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Hidden DelightAdagio2Dined on 10/23/2014Our server,Todd, made the evening special and fun. We intend to request him next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent for business luncheonsEmikoDined on 10/17/2014Always love it here- great service, awesome food and selection, and best place for parking (downtown). I count on these to make business luncheons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Third time I've dined at citrus meeting business associates. Always great, something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern takes on traditionDaynaMcDDined on 10/3/2014The "Mayor Dyer" Cobb was a flavorful and interesting interpreation of a classic cobb. My companion enjoyed the grilled romaine and steak, in which the romaine itself is grilled. Service was prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrateDined on 10/2/2014Our group of four was celebrating a special occasion. The waiter was very nice about taking the candles and putting them on a piece of cake. He said, "Ill take care of it." And that's exactly what he did. It was great.We had a wonderful time. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014I eat lunch here quite frequently and it is always good. service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!sarahleesaysDined on 9/19/2014We had heard a lot about Citrus ranging from "It's good, but nothing special" to "It's awesome!" so we decided to see for ourselves. We went with the intention of ordering from the Magical Dining menu, but everything on the regular menu looked so enticing, we couldn't resist! I've read some reviews on yelp about complaining that if this is the foodie scene in Orlando, it's lacking, or that the chef was trying too hard to make ingredients work that didn't.... I have to 100% disagree! My husband and I lived in Boston for 5 years, and we are definitely foodies. Is this up to the standard that you find in a city like Boston...no, but it's REALLY close! Fresh, local EVERYTHING from drinks to dessert! We both immensely enjoyed the entire night!Special Features:
- Amazing start for our nightBillyDined on 9/19/2014Ate here from recommend from the theater we were seeing les mes. I also checked it on trip advisor . No dissappointments at all . very nice atmosphere . We had the grilled octopus and soft-shell crab appetizers both were prepared very well with wonderful flavors. We shared the ribeye chimichurri ,which was also prepared just to our liking, will definitely come again ,!!Special Features:
- Delectable DinningperfectpairDined on 9/17/2014Citrus is a beautifully simple upscale restaurant. I really enjoyed their writers block syrah with the fried green tomato. We went very early for dinner so we had the whole place to ourselves. The service was great and the chairs were so comfy!Special Features:
- Downtown lunch spotTravelerDined on 9/17/2014Great place for lunch or dinner downtown. Good menu choices and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For any occassion, PERFECT!dacgerhtDined on 9/13/2014~the food and plating were expertly prepared, superb. WE, family and friends have dined many times and it is consitantly innovative, ample portions, and welcoming. The staff knows the dishes, can recommend, and deliberately points out each item on the menu and it's positive notes. Can not go wrong with selecting this restaurant for any occassion. Love it : ). ~deb g.Special Features:
- friendly personnel / marginal foodslowfoodluverDined on 9/9/2014First visit ,looked like a good happy hour unfortunately the dinners we ordered were not .
- Fabulous!MissEmDined on 9/6/2014I took a date to this restaurant upon having a colleague recommend it. This restaurant did not disappoint. The environment and ambiance of the dining room was romantic and lovely. The service was outstanding and the food was absolutely impeccable. I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disgruntleddinerDined on 9/6/2014This was part of the months magical dining experience and the menu and food were below par. It was supposed be a sample of a fine dining experience and lead to many return dinners. Unfortunately we found to reason to return.
- Magical DiningMikeDined on 8/30/2014We went for the Magical Dining event that started 26 Aug. The food was great and the portions were large. My wife had the Shrimp and Grits and said they were New Orleans worthy. I had a taste and fully agree. My entrée was the Butter Milk Fried Chicken. Cooked to perfection, moist with crispy/crunchy skin/coating. It consisted of a leg and breast, collards, and fingerling potato salad. All were excellent. We both had to get a to go box as there more than we could eat. My wife had the Local Farmers salad and I had the Fired Green Tomato for an appetizer and both were excellent. Desert was Key lime pie for me and brownie for my wife. We shared and again excellent flavor and presentation. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Citrus? Sorry.seekingGOODdiningDined on 8/23/2014We were initially seated near the private party room and had to be moved because the noise was beyond bearable. They need to close that room off. The hostess was gracious and accommodating, but the waitress was slow and forgetful and inattentive, even as the restaurant cleared out and her work load lessened. I had trout which was good in itself, but the accompanying dish of grits and corn was cold and lumpy, and the brussels sprouts were simply old. One member of our party had the lamb marquez and found it to be quite good. All in all, we would not hurry back. Noise control is essential, as is efficient service, and of course, food quality is the whole point of dining out.
- Great environment1sttimerDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed my lunch there. Great decor and love it's location. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another awesome meal at CitrusCitrusDined on 7/28/2014Always a fantastic experience at Citrus! Scallops were amazing as always!Special Features:
- The following 283 reviews are from the Citrus Restaurant reviews archive.
- Citrus Restaurant experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Five of us met for a business lunch. Out table was ready at noon as requested and in a relatively quiet location so we could conduct our business. The service was outstanding, but the food, although plentiful, was a lithe on the greasy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service not so muchdinerpsycoVIPDined on 7/14/2014The subject says it all. The food was great but the server (Tom or Todd or something like that) not so much. You can tell he was ticked off because we requested to be sat outside. We were the only table outside. Anyways the food is highly recommended and if you get lucky and actually get a server and not an order taker you'll enjoy.Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/14/2014Kudos to the chef, our servers, and the hostess. We kept coming back because of the completely wonderful dining experience. We tried many of the entrees each one better than the next. We ended up eating here four nights of our 7 night stay in Orlando. We wish we could take this restaurant home with us!Special Features:
- 2forgoodfoodDined on 7/12/2014From the hostess to the server to the chef... all went above and beyond to make our dining experience terrific. Exceptionally delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & FoodTinaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Citrus has always been a favorite of my husband & I. On this visit, I brought two friends with me for their first visit to this restaurant. The food and service did not disappoint. We decided to sit at the bar after arriving and our bartender was wonderful with suggestions and patience. Now, Citrus will have two more loyal customers to add to their long list of repeat visitors. Thank you! :)Special Features:
- pleased but....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014i had reservation at 11:30 but restaurant was not open when I got there at 11:30 ... then even though servers were nice to handle 11:30 crowd...the plantains I got were still cold (like raw)....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so good...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014Never been disappointed in Citrus. The shrimp and grits is amazing, and the pork chop epic. Love the atmosphere here, and such a good mixologist!Special Features:
- Always a great experienceMbermanVIPDined on 6/27/2014I have been going to Citrus since it opened. Each time the food and the service have always been top notch. I can not remember one single time that I have had an issue with anything at this place! In Downtown Orlando there are very few places you can find attached free parking that allows you to get in and out for lunch or dinner quickly. There is an attached garage behind the restaurant and couldn't make this anymore convenient during lunch or dinner hours downtown. Usually I am greeted by first name and a friendly welcome. They will remember you if you have been there before and treat you like a local. If you want a guaranteed easy dining experience with highly regarded food I strongly suggest you try Citrus. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious1stimeinOrlandoDined on 6/23/2014we were greeted and cared for attentively during our meal at Citrus. The variety of the menu was a pleasure to read, and our choices were delicious, in particular the blackened sea scallops. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated ExperienceEmmeepeeDined on 6/21/2014We loved the atmosphere, here. The menu was interesting and everything we ordered was well prepared and presented. It had a quiet sophistication that I found to be very pleasant. I think that Citris would be a good place to go on a first date when you want to impress your date, as well as get a chance to have some sort of conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citrus Never Disappoints!CharDevDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I done at Citrus often and have never had a meal or dish that was less than stellar. Their mussels are by far our favorite with the shrimp and grits coming in a very close second. If you are lucky you might dine on an evening when they have made a batch of their bacon icecream...quite wonderful and wholly unexpected (and I'm not even a true fan of bacon but I LOVE it!!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealFoodMattersDined on 6/10/2014Great experience all around. Lovely greeting. Great server. Food spot on (fried green tomatoes are best in town).Special Features:
- Wow! Food was GreatTinaVIPDined on 6/7/2014I was pleasantly surprised at how well the food was cooked and tasted!!You've got to try the fried tomatoes and the mussels are to die for. By the time we had a couple appetizers, and a couple glasses of wine, we were happy and full. Service was quick and very attentive. If you haven't tried, you should.Special Features:
- a favorite...but...beforetheshowDined on 6/6/2014Citrus is a favorite of our group. It was the first time in a while we all got together and were happy to have the small dining room to ourselves. The servers realized we were catching up so they were attentive but gave of lots of time. The steak flatbread and c alamari appetizers and trout and both steak entrees were exceptional. To be honest the pork chop was not evenly cooked and part was very pink and almost raw. The flavors were very good. The Myer lemon dessert is a winner. Toward the end of dinner a large group came in near us and the noise level went off the meter. The servers seemed a bit stretched. While we felt these things should be mentioned, we had a grat time. Next time a quieter table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backgroupDined on 6/5/2014We went for the local dining event, Bite 30 and now can't wait to go back. The restaurant has a very modern trendy feel, maybe a little noisy, but that is part of the experience. Service is very experienced and professional, they are there when you need them but not obtrusive. The food is the excellent. Great menu choices, something for everyone. We had the calamari appetizers and the beef tartare. Both were wonderful. The Idaho trout was perfection, served with cheese grits (much better then I thought they would be) the fried chicken was spicy and sweet. No detail is overlooked, even in the bathroom with special soap and hand cream!Special Features:
- DeliciousNNNK21Dined on 6/2/2014A wonderful experience at Citrus. The menu was diverse and offered some great options for many different tastes. Classic dishes with modern preparation and ingredients. Our server was attentive without interrupting too much giving us time to talk as a group. The Fried Green Tomatoes as an appetizer was amazing and everyone enjoyed their entrees. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic EveningDiner1237Dined on 5/31/2014Great food, great wine & great service all done with passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.