Citrus City Grille - Orange
122 North Glassell
Orange, CA 92866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Citrus City Grille - Orange
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citruscitygrille.com/
- Phone: 7146399600
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: 9:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Sandro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Citrus City Grille sets the standard for catering and private dining, providing restaurant-quality cuisine, flawless service and creative flair, perfectly matched to the occasion. All menus are customized with your event in mind, using seasonal ingredients. Let us create a memorable experience for your next important event. Host your event at one of Citrus City Grille restaurants or allow us to suggest an alternative venue. We'll make all the arrangements and work with you to ensure a seamless special occasion for you and your guests. Allow us to take stress out of your special day.
- Private Party Facilities: Private or semi-private dining options available. Please call location for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Karen 7146399600
- Entertainment: Live performances on the mini-grand piano. Jazz - Big Band - Standards.
- Special Events: City Grille is now able to cater your special events. If you would like more information, please let us know.
A word from Citrus City Grille - Orange
Citrus City Grille offers elegant decor in a fashionable indoor and outdoor dining room(s) and chic lounge. Master Chef Scott Raczek prepares an eclectic and savory menu inspired by Mediterranean and American cuisine combining both fresh ingredients and traditional techniques.The decor is highlighted by the open kitchen a bold concept they felt was a natural way of preparing and serving food.The wine menu is stocked with a beautiful selection of California wines and International wines selected for their unique varietal and character.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Citrus City Grille - Orange reviews from OpenTable diners
- I love this place. A trueOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/27/2012I love this place. A true gem in Old Town Orange and is a certain MUST TRY for those foodies out there. This time, we started out with the Caprese salad which was good, but not the best I've ever had. The steak tomato slices were a bit softer than I prefer and their size certainly fell flat when it came to the presentation aspect. The roasted beets are a MUST here. Two kinds of beets are glazed w balsamic vinegar and served warm. Absolute delight. My pot roast was served w a side of creamy mashed potatoes, green beens, squash, and carrots and was absolutely divine, but the best part was the service and our wonderful waiter who took great care of us, but was not overbearing like some can be. LOVE THIS PLACE!Special Features:
- Everything was great, ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2012Everything was great, our waiter was super attentive, food was great and always fully stocked at the buffet. My only thing is they advertised the brunch for one price but we got charged more there.
- Need more decorating - treesTeacherVIPDined on 8/25/2012Need more decorating - trees - silk perhaps - inside as the tables are too close to each other and resemble more of a cafeteria. There is no sense of privacy there.Special Features:
- This was an excellent brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2012This was an excellent brunch. There were ample choices, but it wasn't overwhelming like so many brunches. Best of all, it's an excellent value!Special Features:
- Very Nice ExperienceJerryWVIPDined on 8/1/2012Overall another very good find on Open Table. Our waiter was especially good and funny too... Everyone's food was very good as well; go check it out!Special Features:
- We sat outside and enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2012We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful summer evening. The food and service was great. We arrived Saturday at 6:30pm and were able to take advantage of the great happy hour that went until 7:00. Loved the bleu cheese stuffed dates and calamari. Our entrees were delicious as well, diver scallops & prawns with risotto. Will definitely be back.
- Citirs City Grille a DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2012Very disappointed - food was NOT what I remembered from visits several years ago. Some had to be sent back several times and that is not something that I do very often. Waitress was not familiar with the menu and when mistakes were pointed out she became argumentative. Two of our dishes were good but the others did not even live up to the menu descriptions. We were a table of six and four of six were quite unhappy. The other two felt that they had "decent" pasta - at least our drinks were at Happy Hour prices but the martinis were loaded with vermouth and had to be returned and re-made. I like to support Orange Circle restaurants but won't be back to this one any time soon.
- Olde Towne Orange Gem3onthetownVIPDined on 7/25/2012This place is awesome! We have been walking down for years from our home in the Olde Towne Orange area. They have different specials everyday, Artichoke soup, puffed pasty appetizer just for example. The Happy Hour is great, about 20 different items under $8.00 and martini's, wine and beer for under $5.00. Try them out!Special Features:
- Worth another tripOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2012We had a quiet Saturday lunch. Threaten with a large group of 16, which did not show up while we were there. Service was slow even though the ratio was 1:2 (Watiers: Tables). Our salad sat in a holding patterned for about 5 minutes. I was tempted to go pick it up myself since the staff was moving it from one end of the counter to the other. Food was good. Would go back, based on the food. Could see where it could get noisey at night and the weekends. Nothing to absorb the sound. Would probably ask for a table outside.Special Features:
- Always exceptional!InLuvDined on 7/19/2012I have never had a bad meal at Citrus City Grille! Everything on the menu is delicious and the service is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Great for client lunchesNeighborDined on 7/17/2012Great location and great service. Will definitely be back here.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/8/2012Great dining experience. Superb service from a friendly staff. Dining for 3 on a Sunday evening. Meatloaf was excellent. Scallops and shrimp with sundried tomato risotto (special) was excellent as well. We'll be back next time we're in CA.Special Features:
- Great!NurhanBVIPDined on 7/2/2012We truly enjoyed our dining experience. The owner, Steve, went out of his way to please us and he was on top of things all the time. Great restaurant, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Saturday eve piano playerahdiiiVIPDined on 6/30/2012Saturday eve piano player was a nice addition. Too noisy to hear unless you were close up. Noisy interior by design. Attentive wait staff. Great food ! Though no full bottles of Champagne on the menu, just TINY 1/3 SPLITS !Special Features:
- Dining at Citrus City GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2012Dining at Citrus City Grill never disappoints. I took my daughter there for her 30th birthday. The food was amazing and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- We enjoy the location andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/25/2012We enjoy the location and the food and service is good but we will not return. We have been to Citrus City Grill a number of times and sat inside and out....doesn't matter where you sit, it is so noisy you cannot even hear the person across the table from you. You would expect this is a club.....not a restaurant.
- The service was good. TheReviewerVIPDined on 6/23/2012The service was good. The seafood special was not. The fish was prepared and served with a buttery sauce that left a lot to be desired. The fish was baked and overcooked. I like my fish fresh, with some life in the center; not well done.Special Features:
- Excellent selection and varietyspartanjim73Dined on 6/22/2012Excellent selection and variety ... way above excellent for quality of prep and presentation. Fish was top notch, meatloaf stick to the ribs, comfort food!Special Features:
- I have been to brunch hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2012I have been to brunch here many times and wanted to bring an out of town guest to one of the OC's great champagne bunches. I made a reservation for 7 two weeks in advance. When we arrived we waited nearly a half hour to be seated in a table for 4 where we were forced to squeeze together on a hot day. Why make a reservation? There was a table for 8 open the whole time during our wait, but they would not give it to us since there was a party of 9 with a reservation at the same time as ours. That party of 9 did not show up until about 20 min after my group was seated. The hostesses were just rude. Our server was the only good part of the experience. He kept the champagne flowing. The food was mediocre. It was not worth the extra money.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/12/2012This is a great restaurant. They allowed our large group to have the happy hour menu even outside of the lounge area. The happy hour menu is a great deal. I thought the $5 appetizers would be little tapas but they were actually huge so one is definitely enough. I came with a huge meetup group of 16 girls and not only did we get to have the happy hour menu, this was also the smoothest and fasted experience with the service. Everyone got their orders in and checks paid in very quickly. I've also been here for the regular dinner menu which is a lot more expensive, but the quality of the food, drinks and service is worth it. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Comfortable, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/7/2012Comfortable, good service (attentive, but not overbearing or lax); specials were delicious.
- One of my favorite restaurantsMichaelDined on 6/4/2012One of my favorite restaurants just off the circle in old town Orange. The menu and food are consistently excellent, albeit a bit pricey. Service is also excellent. Extensive wine list and Martini cocktails. The chef's steak of the day is always a good bet. Hard floors and walls plus a layout of one large dining room make for a fairly noisy ambiance, however, it gives it a sophisticated "big city" feel. In warm weather, the small front patio makes for excellent seating - usually much quieter than inside. There is a parking lot in the rear, which requires driving around the block to enter, but there is rear door access to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great team, wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2012Service was Awesome! We celebrated my husband's 60th birthday and the staff treated us to wonderful service. The food was great, we loved it.Special Features:
- We ate outside and it is asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2012We ate outside and it is as quiet as the restaurant can make it. There is traffic noise. Inside has been rather noisy in the past. Wonderful service. Not much of a wine list--just adequate and a little high priced. Corkage is reasonable. Food was cooked to perfection (steak and veggies and scallops).Special Features:
- We went for a casual birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012We went for a casual birthday dinner and had a fun time. There is a very nice wine list and a few draft beer taps. The food tasted good and the servings were appropriately sized. Our server was very very good.Special Features:
- Incorrect pricing on onlineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Incorrect pricing on online menu for brunch; says on restaurant website that it's $19.95 for champagne brunch and $14.95 for coffee brunch, yet when I request $14.95 coffee brunch I was told that brunch is only one price. Wait staff didn't know how to handle issue and didn't try to resolve problem. Food was okay, nothing incredibly special. Service needs work.
- From the greeting at the frontOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2012From the greeting at the front door, the courtesy of the waiter (Christian?) while our group collected itself from the Chapman U graduation ceremonies, and the phenomenal food, our visit to Citrus was just absolutely fantastic!Special Features:
- Our waitress was a gem andKalliDined on 5/19/2012Our waitress was a gem and the food was great. We'll certainly dine their again.Special Features:
- Great service and food; casualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great service and food; casual atmosphere, nice location. Seating time true to reserved time.Special Features:
- We have been having MothersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We have been having Mothers Day brunch at Citrus City for 6 or 7 years now. Consistently good food and service. This year, the food was even better with the addition of some artesan breads and ahi tartare (among other things).Special Features:
- Just OkayElizabetheatsDined on 5/11/2012We made reservations for 7:15 for a Friday night dinner.One thing that I noticed was how LOUD this restaurant is. When we were talking to the host at the podium we had to practically yell so that he could hear us because the piano is right up front.Once we were seated everything was ok, our waiter was wonderful. We ordered the ahi trio for an starter but it came out after our entrees arrived(disappointing).My husband ordered the seafood pasta and he said it was delicious.I had the diver scallops and they were decent- nothing to write home about. All in all we had a glass of wine and a martini, the ahi, and our two entrees and it came to just under $100. The price was reasonable for the location but would probably just come back for H.H.
- One of my favorites. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2012One of my favorites. Good food, good service. Its worth trying to find parking.Special Features:
- We recently had lunch forTustinFoodieDined on 5/4/2012We recently had lunch for an office birthday celebration, great food and service.Special Features:
- Food was reasonable but notOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/28/2012Food was reasonable but not memorable. Service was just ok. Ambiance was good but too noisy. It was difficult for our group to hear each other.Special Features:
- I was disappointed in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012I was disappointed in the appetizers (ahi poke which was ok, and the baked brie in puff pastry was so so!! ) will try somethin else next time! Lamb chops were not juicy tender bit tough on the outside!! The overall combo was flavorful. My GF had the prime ribeye, n should say have had better tastin one at the Woodranch! I would like to try their lunch menu. I would def go back. Nice ambience, vibrant atmosphere!!Special Features:
- My dinner was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2012My dinner was excellent but one of my dinner companions was not. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Citrus City Grille offersEmilee92968VIPDined on 4/22/2012Citrus City Grille offers THE best brunch around! From ambiance, food, cost, it just can't be beat! Great for brunch with the girls or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday champagne brunch wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Sunday champagne brunch was awesome. Went with a group of 15. Food was very good, especially the ahi poke! Our glasses were never empty and our waiter was very attentive.Special Features:
- Nice little place in downtownMFisher875VIPDined on 4/13/2012Nice little place in downtown historic Orange near the circle. Red wine list could be improved with nicer wineries.Special Features:
- I took a party of 5 to EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012I took a party of 5 to Easter Brunch and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. BUT....we went at 1pm and the dessert table was pretty bare. There were some basics but no effort was made to ensure that the creme brulee or any other nice desserts were available for the later diners. The only other drawback was that the piano music, while very nice, just added to an already pretty loud dining room.Special Features: