1481 Edinger Avenue
Tustin, CA 92780Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.citruscafe.com/
- Phone: 7142582404x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 9:00pm, Saturday: 7:00am - 9:00pm, Sunday: 7:30am - 3:30pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Citrus Cafe can cater any event you would like to host, whether at a location of your interest or within our restaurant facility. Our entire restaurant is available to make your occasion a wonderful experience.
- Private Party Facilities: From corporate meetings and social events, to engagement parties, weddings, and rehearsal dinners, great happens when people get together at Citrus Café.
- Private Party Contact: Roya 7142582404x
- Entertainment: Happy hour is from 3:00pm - Close. Menu items are from $3 to $5 for food, beer and wine. Join us at the bar or outdoor patio for Happy Hour, where you can relax and enjoy your favorite sports game
- Special Events: "GREAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE GET TOGETHER”, Use our Stylish Banquet Room for Small or large corporate or Business Meetings, Engagements, Weddings, Rehearsals, Shower Events, Social Events, Birthdays, Graduations, It is fun, stylish and Affordable.
Our entire restaurant is available to make your occasion a wonderful experience
A word from Citrus Cafe
Citrus Cafe is a bustling neighborhood restaurant in the city of Tustin. The food is American-Californian in spirit, whose simple appearance bellies its depth of flavor. We are committed to using the freshest ingredients and along with our friendly service, we continue to remain a favorite year after year with our loyal customers. The wine list, like the food, focuses on California and changes often as we discover new wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Citrus Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (8)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (1)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for breakfast meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Cute ambiance diner-like setting and freeway close. Chose this for a breakfast meeting. Was perfect as they have plenty of seating and the noise level isn't bad at all for holding a conversation.Special Features:
- Lunch timerRollonGboyDined on 8/26/2014I regularly use this for business lunches as it is so convenient to park, the menu is varied, portions (too) big, and the staff are ALWAYS friendly and accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchRQraterVIPDined on 6/27/2014This was my 2nd time dining here and I enjoyed it again. Salads, pizzas, pastas, and desserts are very good for the most part. There is a wonderful dessert selection that justifies its own special trip, but some are better than others. Love the apple pie! The key lime pie was so-so and didn't seem to be made with actual key limes from the taste of it or maybe it was just creamier than others I have had. Cheesecake is great too. I was a little disappointed in my Margherita pizza because it didn't have any fresh mozzarella as was pictured on the menu. It seemed like just a cheese pizza with tomatoes under it (and not good tomatoes I'm afraid). I do highly recommend the mushroom and primavera pasta dishes.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchDisapointedDined on 6/21/2014Had lunch before wine tasting with a girlfriend. Had to say it was a wonderful lunch experience. We sat outside and the waiter was very attentive. Perfect weather day. Had the fish tacos and loved them. Great portions for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014I booked a reservation here after graduation and it was great! Not too busy so even though we were a large party we could all talk to each other. However, I think our server had every table in the restaurant and was extremely busy. Despite that he did a great job and even took the time to joke around with my dad. The atmosphere is a little old school and I would have liked something a little more modern and hip or at least with a solid theme, but it didn't hinder my dining experience. Overall, I would go there again especially if I was dining with an older crowd or a group of both picky and adventurous eaters. The food was great and the free bread with balsamic was also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSnickerfulVIPDined on 6/7/2014I should first say that we've only had breakfast/brunch here. We have been here several times and it is always good food and good service. We usually have the same waiter out on the patio (can't recall his name) and he is great. We will definitely be back again and again. Some day maybe we'll actually try lunch or dinner too! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the food and serviceLocalDinerDined on 6/6/2014Really need to update the wine list! Boring and not very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Citrus Cafe reviews archive.
- Very accomodatingkaljonVIPDined on 5/30/2014We have special dietary requirements and they had no problem adjusting the dishes for us because they make everything fresh to order. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemcjbrownocVIPDined on 5/18/2014The breakfast is great and will adjust the food to accomodate personal taste! Love the omelets, scrambles, and pancakes! The dinner bread is to die for!Special Features:
- If you live close...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2014...this place will suffice. However, the pasta is mediocre at best. Service is borderline indifferent, even when the place is uncrowned. Portion sizes quite large. Best thing on the menu is the homemade pie.
- Good Neighborhood Restaurant!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/12/2014The Citrus Café is a great place for a local neighborhood bite to eat, it's nothing fancy, but it's easy to get to and has a decent menu. It's a bit expensive for what they serve, their menu is nothing fancy, I had the hash and it was decent, but nothing to write home about or tasty enough to justify the cost!Special Features:
- Had a ballLindaVIPDined on 3/27/2014The waiter totally made this place. His attitude and helpfulness made this birthday celebration wonderful.The pasta was very good and plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitorsLGpdxDined on 3/18/2014Great dinner with our friend from the area. Service and all dinners were great. I've heard breakfast and lunch are great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDavidDined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed the food and the service staff were very nice, however the serving part was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food......atmosphereMikeDined on 2/14/2014Very good food......atmosphere is o.k. Don't go for the ambiance, go for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!RonniDined on 2/8/2014We were at Citrus Café last month and had some amazing salmon and the best cheesecake ever. Then we came back THIS month and brought 2 friends who had not been there, ordered this incredible pizza with sausage that was phenomenal! They also have very good and well priced wines (William Hill Chard was a favorite). And the décor in this place is just so cheery and fun, like a tricked out cottage. Also, a nice bar on the other side of the place gives a different feel. All in all, we love Citrus. You could bring a romantic date, you could bring your kids, it doesn't matter. Always wonderful, with great, energetic and fun service. Wish it were closer to us, but we always say it's worth the trip! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something a little differentdiningdrVIPDined on 1/25/2014We were busy running errands on a Saturday and needed to grab lunch but didn't want fast food. Found Citrus Cafe in the Open Table in the neighborhood we were going to. Thought we would give it a try rather than go to a chain restaurant like Mimi's or Chili's. The Cafe offer a nice variety of food and we had our choice of breakfast or lunch as it was 11:15am. We chose lunch. I had a nice salad, half sandwich combo. They made my husband a nice BLT (not on the menu). We had to wait a bit for our food. Think it was because he ordered onion rings which were yummy. The eggs benedict being delivered to other tables looked great. Nice change for a sit down lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BreakfastSnickerfulVIPDined on 1/25/2014Went here with my husband, mom and brother for breakfast. We all thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts and the muffins, which they said they make there. The coffee could have been stronger/more flavorful but that is my only "complaint." Definitely a must try for a good hearty breakfast! :-)Special Features:
- Fantastic Lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014My first experience here was a really good one, food was delicious and fresh, prices were very reasonable, very generous portions, took half of my lunch home. They offered many good selections. I was very surprised at how good it was, had not been here before. I will make this restaurant one of my top options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but, I wouldn'tValueMindedVIPDined on 12/20/2013Decent food but, I wouldn't say great. Nice size portions but, a bit overpriced for the food quality. Sorry but, definitiely not on my top ten list but, it's OK. Would receive a much better review if the prices were more in line with the food quality.
- Company lunchenjoy2Dined on 11/27/2013I had scheduled a lunch online for my company for 14 people and when we arrived there was no table ready. I was told they don't set up a head of time. That was the only issue with my last visit. The food was great adn the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bacon was some of theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2013The bacon was some of the best I have ever tasted. The service was good. The coffee was very good, overall a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's our go-to place in theLynnVIPDined on 10/12/2013It's our go-to place in the neighborhood. Nothing fancy, just down to earth home-cooking. Service is always excellent and staff is friendly and accommodating with all your demands. It's like being home but someone else is cooking! Been going here for years!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every need a place to meetFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2013Every need a place to meet a friend or have a business breakfast or lunch, well the Citrus Café is the place! Located on the northwest corner of Redhill Avenue and Walnut, the Citrus Café is a great place to have a good quality breakfast or lunch, the food quality and presentation is a bit higher then Denny's and Coco's restaurants and the ambiance is a bit more rustic. I do recommend this restaurant for a good home cooked meal experience, but nothing more than that!Special Features:
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/8/2013Food was good but service could have been better. The restaurant wasn't busy but it was 5 minutes after we sat down before the waiter stoped by to see what we wanted to drink. I ordered salad with my meal which never came. I had the Mediterranean Vegetable Penne with chicken and I ask to hold the black olives. The pasta was done to perfection without the olives. It was a huge portion that I could only finish half and taking the rest home for lunch next day. My compaion order the Gyro which she said was just average.
- Because I had a reservation,sbearDined on 3/31/2013Because I had a reservation, the restaurant assumed that I wanted the brunch and sat us at a table that was not allowed to order from the menu. We had to change tables in order to select the food we wanted.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/18/2013We were a group looking for some good food, I looked in open table and citrus was the closest one, I am surprised about the quality of food, everything was excellent!!!!Special Features:
- Home cooked meal; excellent staff!LynnVIPDined on 3/16/2013It's our go-to place in the neighborhood. Nothing fancy, just down to earth home-cooking. Service is always excellent and staff is friendly and accommodating with all your demands. It's like being home but someone else is cooking! Been going here for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant is a good place to enjoy a fine meal with fine service in an under stated evironment.
- Entire staff seemed disorganized.HBfoodieVIPDined on 2/4/2013Entire staff seemed disorganized. Hostess could not check us in because the "manager had the book". Wait staff was slow to greet us then dropped items at wrong tables. A variety of menu selections. The Asian slaw was quite tasty. Appears it is a local lunch spot.
- The experience here was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013The experience here was great! Food was definetly good. We had brunch, they let us bring in our own champagne with a $10 corking fee and brought over an ice bucket. The was my second experience there and it will not be my last.Special Features:
- I was expecting somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2012I was expecting something less rundown and family-feeling. It is like the place my grandpa would meet his buddies for coffee...not a good place to have a nice lunch. Fabulous service, good food--but not someplace I'd seek out again. The pictures and description were deceiving. But if I was in Tustin, I wouldn't be opposed to a quick bite I guess.Special Features:
- Brunch rules weren't veryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Brunch rules weren't very clear. Didn't realize you couldn't order off regular menu and brunch menu. Should have a lower price for seniors like the kids price.
- Not as it seemed...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/3/2012The food did not hold up to the titillating promises of the menu. I ordered the Kobe Burger. The presentation was excellent, but the bun was over sized and dry. The Kobe beef, which by design should be tender and mouth-watering, was dry, over cooked and left an unpleasant charcoal flavor in my mouth. I would not eat at Citrus Café again, nor would I recommend it.
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/21/2011Food was good. Service was slow to start as waitress didn't know it was her table. Holiday party of 30 was seated next to us and were very loud. Could not conduct a business conversation, considered moving to another table when the large party finally left.Special Features:
- The service and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/19/2011The service and food were just wonderful. The Cirtus Grill was a last minute decision and they were able to accomodate our party of 14 without a problem.Special Features:
- Excellent food. I had theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2011Excellent food. I had the greek pasta and it was lovely. My husband had the lamb chops which were amazing. Wine was fantastic. Service was excellent. If you are looking for more upscale food but in a more casual cafe type environment this is the place. The atmosphere is relaxed & homey & the servers are personable and kind. The custard with the berries was a bit rich but the mini apple pies that were freshly baked looked fantastic. Reserve those at the beginning of your meal because they were out by the time we were ready. Only downside is they have limited hours. We went on a sunday night & they were closed. Also call ahead to make sure they are available for holidays because we had a x mas eve reservation but they went home early.Special Features:
- yawn!splishVIPDined on 10/17/2011pleasant location for lunch but not exciting. ordinary menu at lunch time. outdoor tables are on a very busy street--no atmosphere. the people who work there are very friendly. might be more interesting at dinner. lat lunch is fairly empty.Special Features:
- coffee shop atmosphere, rib2fussyVIPDined on 9/23/2011coffee shop atmosphere, rib eye steak was all fat and grissel, clam chowder was thin with mostly red potatoes very few clams. house salad was large with lots of Kalamata olives.