Citrus Bar & Grill
320 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Citrus Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125950500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 5:30pm-12:00am, Friday 5:30pm-1:00am, Saturday 4:00pm-1:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Abraham Jimenez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Citrus provides off premise catering for events of all sizes from 20 - 1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Citrus provides semi-private 10 - 120 people. Citrus also provides private party 20 -140 people.
- Private Party Contact: David or Evelyn 2125950500
A word from Citrus Bar & Grill
East meets West at Citrus Bar & Grill as our fresh and modern sushi creations pair brilliantly with Latin classics. Citrus offers an energizing experience for all five senses. The warm orange hues throughout the spacious bar and dining room celebrate the collaboration of cultures and serve as a welcome to all diners: intimate couples, families and large groups. Latin rhythms set the groove for our diverse crowds, while our full bar pours stunning cocktails using the finest tequilas and juices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Citrus Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (17)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Service!rizabizDined on 10/18/2014My group of 8 really enjoyed ourselves at Citrus. The place was energetic, the food was very good, it was reasonably priced and the service was excellent--both friendly and very accommodating. I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews here and thought the food might be confused because of the 2 different styles: Latin and Asian. Honestly, even the chef in our group thought it was really well seasoned and tasty (and to boot--he's a celiac!) I really liked that there was something for everyone and it didn't break the bank. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Gave Away Our Table!cheesedocVIPDined on 10/18/2014Because of terrible traffic, we were late. I had called 20 minutes late, and they said they had already given away our table. They are one block from Beacon Theatre and there was a show that night, so it was understandable. They tried to seat us at bar, to no avail, so even tho it was starting to get cold we ate outside, and it was fine. They hurried up and got us our food, and the food was pretty good, not great. The drinks were too sweet and too weak, we had to order a double to get any boose! The pork chop was overdone, but the sauce and potatoes and beans with it were excellent. As was the taco trio!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantmissionmomVIPDined on 10/17/2014The food is always great. Great neighborhood restaurant. Our favorite place. Staff is great and very attentive.Special Features:
- uwsdaveVIPDined on 10/13/2014We always have a very good experience at Citrus. The menu is interesting and the food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- Something for everyonePelhamiteDined on 10/12/2014Their motto of "Latin faire and Asian Flare" is very fitting. You can have chips and salsa and then awesome sushi. The food was very good (short of excellent). Service was just a bit slow for our taste (waiting to get refills on water or order a second drink). But with a lactose intolerant vegetarian, someone with celiac, and a teenager, they were still able to have something for everyone.Special Features:
- orange lightViktoriaDined on 10/8/2014Luminous orange wall draws one in to eat in the feng shui manner orange it is meant to. The service is excellent. The food was good and nicely presented. They offer interesting combinations. A smart menu. The special eel tool was excellent. I have heard eel is healthy and tried it for the first time here. I would eat here again just for that. But I also wish to try many other items on the menu. Their signature drinks rock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy Food. Stick to Josie's!newyorkereatsDined on 10/3/2014Weirdly sweet salad, my companion's dish was swimming in soy."00 Despite the fact that the restaurant was three-quarters empty, my waiter did not deliver my order as I had asked for it. The restaurant needs a new chef.
- Always reliableAMKoVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food here is consistently good, whether you go the Japanese route or the American, and the service is outstandingly friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- JoyJoy254Dined on 10/1/2014I would def recommend Citrus to friends and would look forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Fell way short of expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/30/2014It is hard to reconcile what we experienced with the OpenTable reviews/ratings. My wife's "grilled" chicken had obviously been boiled/poached or otherwise cooked in water and only nominally finished on a grill. My 3 tacos, supposedly different, were largely indistinguishable and not very good at that. I would definitely not return.
- Good locationSherylVIPDined on 9/27/2014Was a nice warm evening, and we ate outside -- even with the trucks and traffic, it was quieter than the indoor tables! The menu has lots of choices, which is nice -- but taco appetizers were cold when they arrived (and they all tasted the same). Paella was quite good, and chicken fajitas had plenty of grilled chicken. The service, however, was really awful - perhaps because it was a busy night - but we had to ask twice for water refills, ask twice for a clean knife (one on the table was dirty), and we didn't even bother requesting salt & pepper. The prices are reasonable and it's right near the Beacon theater, which may be reason to go back -- but I'd look around for other options in the neighborhood first...
- Nice placeadamfrank64Dined on 9/26/2014We need to go to Citrus more frequently. My wife and I live in the neighborhood but haven't been that frequently. We ate outdoors (it was far too loud inside, one of the drawbacks of the restaurant generally, in my opinion), which was delightful. The food was excellent - I had a wonderful grilled chicken salad, and my wife had chicken fajitas, both of which were terrific. Service was excellent - overall a great experience and one I highly recommend.
- Perfect Beacon/Museum/Park SpotTankDined on 9/26/2014The perfect place to pregame before a concert or stop in conjunction with park or museum visits. Fun, energetic, good service, decent food and very good drinks.
- no wiggle roomLouieDelVIPDined on 9/26/2014We thought we would try a new restaurant while in NYC. We were a tad disappointed. Mainly because my wife saw a nice Grilled Tuna salad on the dinner menu. She like all the ingredients except that the Tuna was pepper crusted. She asked if she could have just a plain piece of grille Tuna. The waitress said no. Not a good answer. In these times, with people having dietary issues, they were not very flexible.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Too noisy. Otherwise it would get an excellent review.Special Features:
- Pre-Beacon mustmgreenwaldVIPDined on 9/20/2014Citrus Grill is my go-to place for dinner and drinks before Beacon Theatre concerts. ....never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fusion?buongustaioDined on 9/19/2014Had quesadilla (chicken) and taco trio...nothing special...calamari looked overly cooked and not golden... best part of dinner was the pineapple margaritaI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/19/2014Citrus is a perfect choice before a show at the Beacon. The service is efficient and friendly. The chips and dip that they serve at the start of the meal are a nice touch. The food is good enough- nothing special- and the cocktails are hit or miss.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Psychosis Has never been better!GooseVIPDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a combo of both the Mexican and Asian dishes. Mexican appetizers and Asian main course. It was easy to share all the generous portions which were prepared to perfection!Special Features:
- What Amazing Food!!!!SlmigDined on 9/6/2014We eat out a lot and always prefer to have lots of apps, and share an entree, the problem is not always a great variety of apps!! WELL NOT Here they had such a wide variety, and creative, delicious and unique, and great blend of Latin Asian Fusion we had the Chopped Citrus Salad, was great cool and refreshing nothing worse than warm salad, we had the taco trio they were loaded with Chicken, Skirt, and Pork all really good, shrimp dumplings they where good nothing special tho. The Tempura Shrimp Roll was excellent, and the Roasted Chicken Poblano Queso, was really great!!! We thuroughly enjoyed. Being a restaurant owner its always nice to go out somewhere new and enjoy it all Thank You Citrus Grill!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed this place - we had tickets for a concert at the Beacon on Saturday nite. Nick, our server, was pleasant and kept those martini's coming. We enjoyed the sushi and pepper crusted tuna very much. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfectJeferojoVIPDined on 9/5/2014Arrived with a friend for dinner. Was greeted when I walked in and table was ready. The waitress was on cue with a suggestion of drinks which we decided to go for. Gave a great recommendation for some appetizers and dinner specials. We went with the guacamole and chips as well as the tartare with avocado. Incredible beyond words. For dinner we went with the shrimp fajitas and my friend had the parpadella and they were beyond words. Deseret came and we ordered the lemon and ice cream pie. Wow. I wanted more and more. The night was perfect from the greeting at the door to the waitress and all the good food and drinks. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21st birthday dinnerYesenRasDined on 9/3/2014I called early to let the restaurant know it was my 21st birthday. First of all, they said that they were only accepting NY state IDs and passports. This is ridiculously limiting since all of my friends are from out of state and 21, and if there is a scandal about fake IDs, this isn't our fault. Half of my party wasn't able to drink although we were all legal. Totally unacceptable. Secondly, the restaurant didn't do anything for my birthday. No cake, no candles, nothing. I've never been treated so poorly on my birthday. The service was unprofessional and tacky, and I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to any adults. What kind of restaurant doesn't accept real IDs? So embarrassing.Special Features:
- Terrific food, great serviceGothamGourmandDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal at Citrus. As an appetizer, we shared one of their specialty rolls from their sushi bar: the Yin-Yang roll, which is topped with filet mignon. It was superb. For dinner, she ordered the scallops, and I had the seafood paella. Both were excellent. To accompany our meal we ordered a bottle of Albarino, and it meshed perfectly with everything. Our server, Vance, was exemplary in every way. The space itself is lovely, well-designed, and colorful. The noise level was quite moderate for a Saturday night. We highly recommend Citrus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great for before concerts at the Beacon. But book well ahead!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014always love Citrus and have never had a bad meal there....no one makes a better pomegranate frozen margarita then them! always go there for appetizers and drinks-love the taco trio, the dip with the chips is the best along with the calamari and their salads too!Special Features:
- Brunch was nicetnnycDined on 8/10/2014There are nice tables available; service was just OK.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!UWSguyDined on 8/1/2014I've been here on dates, with friends, with family, just for drinks, and for meals. Every time I've ha a positive experience! The food is tasty and fresh, the wine list is extensive, and they have nice exotic mixed drink specials. I'm a fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ResultsbennycVIPDined on 7/28/2014Food was generally very good while the service was spotty. Overall had a pleasant enough experience to return.
- Friday nighteatlikestewDined on 7/25/2014Promptly seated for our 7:30 reservation, service was good, the chips and guacamole were excellent but the salsa was like soup. Fajitas were hot and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before a show...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014I took my teenage daughters here before a show at the Beacon Theater. They loved the ambiance and the food. The service was brisk and efficient so we didn't have to rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutMBXPDDined on 7/22/2014Citrus is one of my favorites on the Upper West Side. If you're eating light, the Chopped Salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc is perfect. The scallops are divine too, but all their food is great! It has a fun vibe, but also feels casual and the staff is super friendly and chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre concert dinnermillionm63Dined on 7/22/2014We ate there because of a concert at the Beacon. Booked early 5:30 was good then the place got really busy. The food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, good foodFavoriteVIPDined on 7/18/2014The waiter made his reccomandations everything we ate was good. He was attentive, knowledgable and very friendly. We sat outside, was too much noise inside. The whole experience was very nice. I will go back there, soon.Special Features:
- Good but not great...incognito25Dined on 7/14/2014Good but not great...you seriously have to experience it for yourself to make the call.Special Features:
- coopyDined on 7/14/2014The menu is diversified , something for everyone. The waitstaff is friendly, the food is excellent, and the place is livelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencetimbrel2VIPDined on 7/11/2014Wasn't very full so the noise level suited us. Nice selection of interesting dishes thAt were tasty and nicely prepared. Not a gourmet place but a cut above the usual. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent unique fareBreezyvalleyDined on 7/11/2014Excellent sushi and Asian with a Latin twist! Wonderful food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dining for The BeaconappiyaDined on 7/11/2014I had read great reviews about the food so I made reservations for our party of 4 to dine there before a concert. It's an above-average neighborhood restaurant with a good bar but certainly not a stand-alone destination in my opinion. The appetizer, Taco Trio Tasting, was quite average and did not live up to the promise of the ingredients described. Another barely passable offering was the Seared Organic Tofu Stir Fry. The Seafood Paella de Valencia was pretty decent but it did not taste like a traditional paella. My husband enjoyed the Sizzling Citrus Fajitas -- that was possibly the best option served to us that evening. The cocktails were rather good and moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, fair foodfoodmattersVIPDined on 7/11/2014Decent restaurant with decent prices near the Beacon theater. The food is nothing to speak of, the cocktails were lovely though and the Ambience is somewhat on the cool side. Just somewhat. Our server was delightful.Special Features: