Citrus Bar & Grill
320 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Citrus Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citrusnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125950500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-3:45pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 5:30pm-12:00am, Friday 5:30pm-1:00am, Saturday 4:00pm-1:00am, Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Abraham Jimenez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Citrus provides off premise catering for events of all sizes from 20 - 1000 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Citrus provides semi-private 10 - 120 people. Citrus also provides private party 20 -140 people.
- Private Party Contact: David or Evelyn 2125950500
A word from Citrus Bar & Grill
East meets West at Citrus Bar & Grill as our fresh and modern sushi creations pair brilliantly with Latin classics. Citrus offers an energizing experience for all five senses. The warm orange hues throughout the spacious bar and dining room celebrate the collaboration of cultures and serve as a welcome to all diners: intimate couples, families and large groups. Latin rhythms set the groove for our diverse crowds, while our full bar pours stunning cocktails using the finest tequilas and juices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFusion / Eclectic
Citrus Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Upper West Side ›
Citrus Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)romantic (6)special occasion (6)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Terrific food, great serviceGothamGourmandDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed an excellent meal at Citrus. As an appetizer, we shared one of their specialty rolls from their sushi bar: the Yin-Yang roll, which is topped with filet mignon. It was superb. For dinner, she ordered the scallops, and I had the seafood paella. Both were excellent. To accompany our meal we ordered a bottle of Albarino, and it meshed perfectly with everything. Our server, Vance, was exemplary in every way. The space itself is lovely, well-designed, and colorful. The noise level was quite moderate for a Saturday night. We highly recommend Citrus.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014always love Citrus and have never had a bad meal there....no one makes a better pomegranate frozen margarita then them! always go there for appetizers and drinks-love the taco trio, the dip with the chips is the best along with the calamari and their salads too!Special Features:
- Brunch was niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014There are nice tables available; service was just OK.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!UWSguyDined on 8/1/2014I've been here on dates, with friends, with family, just for drinks, and for meals. Every time I've ha a positive experience! The food is tasty and fresh, the wine list is extensive, and they have nice exotic mixed drink specials. I'm a fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ResultsbennycDined on 7/28/2014Food was generally very good while the service was spotty. Overall had a pleasant enough experience to return.
- Friday nighteatlikestewDined on 7/25/2014Promptly seated for our 7:30 reservation, service was good, the chips and guacamole were excellent but the salsa was like soup. Fajitas were hot and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place before a show...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014I took my teenage daughters here before a show at the Beacon Theater. They loved the ambiance and the food. The service was brisk and efficient so we didn't have to rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutMBXPDDined on 7/22/2014Citrus is one of my favorites on the Upper West Side. If you're eating light, the Chopped Salad and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc is perfect. The scallops are divine too, but all their food is great! It has a fun vibe, but also feels casual and the staff is super friendly and chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre concert dinnermillionm63Dined on 7/22/2014We ate there because of a concert at the Beacon. Booked early 5:30 was good then the place got really busy. The food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, good foodFavoriteVIPDined on 7/18/2014The waiter made his reccomandations everything we ate was good. He was attentive, knowledgable and very friendly. We sat outside, was too much noise inside. The whole experience was very nice. I will go back there, soon.Special Features:
- Good but not great...incognito25Dined on 7/14/2014Good but not great...you seriously have to experience it for yourself to make the call.Special Features:
- coopyDined on 7/14/2014The menu is diversified , something for everyone. The waitstaff is friendly, the food is excellent, and the place is livelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencetimbrel2VIPDined on 7/11/2014Wasn't very full so the noise level suited us. Nice selection of interesting dishes thAt were tasty and nicely prepared. Not a gourmet place but a cut above the usual. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent unique fareBreezyvalleyDined on 7/11/2014Excellent sushi and Asian with a Latin twist! Wonderful food, great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dining for The BeaconappiyaDined on 7/11/2014I had read great reviews about the food so I made reservations for our party of 4 to dine there before a concert. It's an above-average neighborhood restaurant with a good bar but certainly not a stand-alone destination in my opinion. The appetizer, Taco Trio Tasting, was quite average and did not live up to the promise of the ingredients described. Another barely passable offering was the Seared Organic Tofu Stir Fry. The Seafood Paella de Valencia was pretty decent but it did not taste like a traditional paella. My husband enjoyed the Sizzling Citrus Fajitas -- that was possibly the best option served to us that evening. The cocktails were rather good and moderately priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location, fair foodfoodmattersVIPDined on 7/11/2014Decent restaurant with decent prices near the Beacon theater. The food is nothing to speak of, the cocktails were lovely though and the Ambience is somewhat on the cool side. Just somewhat. Our server was delightful.Special Features:
- Our go to placeMustgoDined on 7/11/2014Citrus is terrfic-excellent food and drink expertly served. I am gluten free and Kathy, our server, was thoughtful enough to let me know that the delicious chips brought to each table were not for me. That sort of extra is a delight and coupled with great food makes Citrus our favorite spot when we go to the Beacon Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sdmypovDined on 7/6/2014The food for all 6 was good except one of our guests ordered angel hair pasta which was below satisfaction.Special Features:
- ThanksEjoemikeVIPDined on 6/27/2014Had a great time with friends for a post 60th birthday. Citrus has been performing consistently since I first started going there in 1999 or so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always my favorite restaurantWesleyVIPDined on 6/24/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants and they never disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneItsAMeJeffarioDined on 6/21/2014The Asian / Mexican menu has something for everybody on it. There's sushi (which is excellent), steak, seafood, pork and the list goes on. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAnonDined on 6/21/2014The good was fine, just fine, nothing special. The service was mediocre at best.
- Good neighborhood restaurantUWSVeganVIPDined on 6/18/2014Citrus is a good choice for vegans dining with omnivores. They has enough vegan choices and make good vegan sushi. The service is very friendly and accommodating. Better food than Josie's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In for a showOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014We were going to the Beacon Theater and chose Citrus because it was close and the menu looked really interesting. What a great find! Sushi and Mexican actually work together. I loved the spicy tuna and avocado roll with banana puree. The margaritas tasted fresh and well balanced. The grilled strip steak was cooked perfectly and the salmon was flaky and delicious. If Citrus was in our home town we'd be there all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent QualitylovenycfoodDined on 6/15/2014I have been dining at Citrus on and off for years and my recent visit did not dissapoint me. The quality of the food and service has been consistent. I know I will be getting a good meal when I go. The brunch has so many great options it was hard to choose! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Where's my waiterEricDined on 6/6/2014Sat outside but the waiter must have gone for his vacation because he was nowhere to be found. VERY DISSAPOINTING.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHankBDined on 6/4/2014Eclectic does not do it justice (nor do the other categories I've seen). There seems to be something for everyone and everything we had was delicious. Their "salsa" for nachos is unique, and very good. We had the duck, seafood paella, grilled chicken salad and chicken fajitas, with a dumpling appetizer. Everything was excellent. The noise level was low when we arrived (early), but it was increasing greatly by the time we left. As with any restaurant, nothing is perfect. One couple was sharing two entrees, which they were supposed to divide in the kitchen but didn't. Outside of a couple of minor issues the meal was excellent and the staff was pleasant. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Mexican FusionJazzloverDined on 5/31/2014Citrus has two personalities. It has a fine sushi menu and a good modern take on Mexican styled dishes, along with an extensive tequila list. Either way, Citrus gives you fresh ingredients prepared with care and style. It is an excellent choice for before a show at the Beacon, Lincoln Center, or Jazz at Lincoln Center in the Time Warner Building.Special Features:
- Pre-Show DinnerklmaiDined on 5/31/2014My friend and I went to Citrus before a show. Timing of services was good. Our entire meal from ordering thru to dessert was about an hour and 15 minutes. Everything was delicious including the speciality drinks.
- Greta date nightCatnip2251Dined on 5/17/2014We were in the city for a show at the Beacon, and found Citrus on the list of nearby restaurants. The service was really good, our waitress was cheerful, accurate and attentive. We had sushi, appetizers and drinks and found everything to be excellent. High quality ingredients, nice fusion of flavors, and nice ambiance. The only thing we could pick on was that we reserved an early table so we could take our time and the food was very quick, but that's a situational complaint not a mark against the restaurant!! Thanks Citrus for a lovely meal!Special Features:
- Great Upper West Side RestaurantCamille212Dined on 5/14/2014Love the Latin American/Asian fusion. Unique and something for everyone, especially the adventurous foodie!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedUpperwestsiderDined on 5/14/2014Second time there. My dinner companions seemed to like what they ordered (burger, sushi). I had the fajitas (which i think I had the last time I was there. I've heard people describe having rubbery chicken before but I never knew what that meant until this experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look ElsewhereMishkaDined on 5/11/2014We arrived, asked about wine recommendations. No recommendations because the "management won't let us taste the wines." Humm... not a good start - we picked a bottle of Tempranillo. Ordered the crab cakes, sushi and the chicken quesadilla. After almost 15 minutes, our bottle of wine (we picked) arrived. Luckily, we had chosen the wine wisely - it was good. Our sushi arrived - no soy sauce, no chopsticks, no bowl to dip. We had to ask. Food? Ordinary. The crab cakes were good, not great. The sushi was good - nothing that was a "wow." The chicken quesadilla was ordinary, plain - and the way the chicken was shredded made me wonder if it was purchased as already shredded. Hey, where are our chips? Still waiting.
- Great PlaceJayTeeDined on 5/3/2014I had an amazing steak, and my girlfriend had a great paella. Service was fast (we had an hour from start to finish because of theater tix). 7pm seating, out there door by 755pm and didn't feel rushed. It was a great experience, I will go back!Special Features:
- The following 774 reviews are from the Citrus Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- fast, efficient and very gooddiningOutagainDined on 5/2/2014This is a very busy NYC restaurant, offering sushi and Latin influenced dishes. We have been there twice, coming in from Connecticut to see shows at the Beacon Theater and having dinner at the restaurant, which is one block from the theater. The open table reservation was honored, even though we were about 10 minutes late. The place was packed, seating is close to one another, and it is noisy, it is NY. The waiter asked if we had an event to go to. He was very efficient, not pushy, no rush and informed us, when we decided to have a bit more food that the sushi chefs were very busy and that we would have a wait if we ordered sushi. Good information to have if one is in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/1/2014Three of us had dinner here before a concert at The Beacon Theater. The staff was very accommodating as the number of people in our party fluctuated and people tried to arrive with enough time to eat before the concert. They have a lot of space, both inside and outside. We enjoyed the refreshing gin and lemonade cocktail and everyone enjoyed their food (sushi rolls, quesadilla, tacos).
- Perfect pre-Beacon Theatre dinnerPhilKeaneDined on 4/29/2014Food at Citrus, particularly their "signature" salad and three enchiladas are tasty starters as well as the fried calamari. Spider roll a bit mushy but perhaps not proper season for soft shell crab would explain that! Very efficient/attentive wait staff. Proximity to Beacon Theatre a true plus.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful timeSunflowergirlDined on 4/26/2014I admired everything on the menu! I 've been a fan for the past 14 years and always enjoy everything I order. Keep up the good work. StephanieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sizzling fajitasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014We started our meal with the Zen roll, it was served with brown rice at our request.The fruit tasted fresh and was a nice change from Sushi rolls that I have had at other restaurants.The fajitas are served piping hot with all the sides that you expect. The chicken was tender and the portion size was large. The pomegranate salmon was really good and it was served with wasabi mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Always GreatJeferojoVIPDined on 4/23/2014Food And Service are always top notch. The lemon ice cream cake is a dream. Sushi is great. The ying yang roll is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.