Citron, An American Brasserie
4040 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, FL 32837Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Citron, An American Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandelakes.com/Citron-79.html
- Phone: 4073934621x
- Hours of Operation:
•Breakfast: 7-11:30 a.m. weekdays, 7 a.m.- 12 p.m. weekends
•Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. weekdays, 12-4 p.m. weekends
•Dinner: 5:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Citron offers a private dining room that will accommodate up to 140 guests, 2 private rooms for 8 guests & a chef's table for up to 10 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Rhonda Beck 4073934683x
- Entertainment: A variety of live entertainment during special holiday events.
A word from Citron, An American Brasserie
Citron, An American Brasserie features chef crafted cuisine inspired by American classics that utilize seasonal and local products. The restaurant’s breakfast menu and breakfast buffet are accented by hand crafted breads and breakfast pastries that are baked in house each morning. The lunch and dinner menus are ever changing based on the seasons and feature some of Florida’s best seafood and locally procured meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Citron, An American Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- MelanieMariaDined on 8/10/2014My boyfriend and I are complete foodies. This place packs a lot of flavor in their food. Except, if your used to 5 star restaurants it is obvious that this restaurant is below 5 stars. I would rank it as 4... Considering nothing really stuck out. The restaurant is Eco friendly and stresses their use of local products and food - which is a big plus. Also, their bread was delicious. Hands down. The restaurant portion of the environment was very quiet, staff was friendly and warming, and the restaurant was very clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food but Hate LocationlucygirlVIPDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant is located in a Marriott in a large complex. When you pull in to the resort, there is absolutely no signage for the restaurant or guidance for parking. We were in 2 cards and got stuck in lots that were $24 for parking for the day! We finally found the restaurant and still had to pay $5.00 to park despite spending a lot of money at the brunch. We waited an excessively long time for our vehicles to be retrieved when it was time to leave; it was simply a "zoo". The food itself was wonderful. We especially enjoyed the benedict, the french toast, and all of the fresh fruit. There was a wonderful selection of breads as well. However, the experience at the resort was terrible; will not return!Special Features:
- Just okRunawaysDined on 6/20/2014Service was attentive, Dinner buffet food selection was only fair but plentiful. My wife ordered the Salmon and it was very good. Wine list was adequate. My only complaint was the cost vs value of the buffet. Breakfast was the sameSpecial Features:
- Very below standardNOTGOODDined on 6/15/2014Would not go there again. The restaurant was "tired" and the furniture was very worn with the booth seats so collapsed that it made for very uncomfortable seating. The food was very mediocre. Cutlery was much too large and uncouth. Certainly not up to the Marriott standard we expected. and more like Dennys. However, our server was very good.
- 5/10 breakfast buffetChar61447Dined on 5/10/2014We arrived at Citron on 5/10 at the appropriate time (9:30 a.m.) for the breakfast buffet. The hostess, after being given our name, asked if we had made reservations at Primo. I answered "no." Then, my wife got out her cell phone (which also receives her e-mails) and showed the hostess the reservation confirmation sent by Citron. We were seating immediately. Our server, Rochelle, was very pleasant and efficient. The food was great -- especially the chocolate waffles. Except for the mix-up over the reservation, everything was very pleasant We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Citron, An American Brasserie reviews archive.
- brunch delicious dinner not specialgayleDined on 3/28/2014The breakfast buffet is extensive and very good. However, the dinner buffet main dishes were only fair. One person in our party ordered grouper and the entree was tiny and undercooked. We do not overeat and prefer not to be served extremely large portions but this would have done fine on a kids menu. Service was cheerful and good. Wine was very overpriced. I would not recommend this for dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice Hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2014Very nice Hotel restaurant - great breakfast buffet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel dining10aseeDined on 3/11/2014Food was good particularly for a hotel restaurant. The menu had a good and diverse selection. Our server was excellent - attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Citron BrunchAllysonDined on 2/23/2014Our party of seven had a delightful dining experience. The service was attentive and very accommodating, especially to those with food allergies. The food was tasty and varied enough to please everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feb. 28, 2014Char61447Dined on 2/23/2014We had friends (snow birds) visiting from out of state (Delaware) and thought we would take them to Citron. It is one of our favorite breakfast buffets. They just loved the ambiance and the energy at Citron and they also thought that the grounds surrounding Citron were absolutely beautiful. Our server was nice but not overly friendly -- very professional although we did not get his name. And the food was outstanding - especially the chocolate waffles!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some good stuff hereBuckiTravelerDined on 2/18/2014The evening buffet had items that were very flavorful and probably began their lives very well prepared, but some things did not hold up well for an extended time on heat (examples: flank steak and fish). Service was friendly, but slow, at times. I gave the place another chance for lunch the next day and was, overall, quite pleasantly surprised. I had a delicious grouper sandwich and the other food that passed by looked very appealing. The service situation was improved, too. I would definitely go back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classics and small platesRobBDined on 2/15/2014Visited on Sunday 2/16. Very good food. Care in preparation was obvious. My guest and I shared a few small plates. All were very good, most notably the shrimp and grits -excellent. Nice wine list, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hitJJD62Dined on 2/9/2014My wife and I both had the grilled grouper a fish we relish and this was the best we have had ever. The restaurant is grand.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My family and I love thischachiVIPDined on 2/5/2014My family and I love this place. Perhaps we are so use to the exceptional service of Viviana, Abdel, Karima and Oscar the Cheff. They always make our celebrations very specials. This time we missed them, so our experience with a different chef and a different server was n't the same. The food was very bad, not worth it!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2014Very accommodating for an unscheduled business lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Chef-prepared BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/14/2014I am not one who typically orders from a buffet, but Citron does not have the typical buffet.I was impressed with the tasty chef-prepared entrees, vegetables and variety of mini-desserts. I ate dinner at Citron twice during my recent stay, and the food choices were totally different.Special Features:
- awesome breakfastCharlottefoodieVIPDined on 1/12/2014The food is all very good. Wide variety. All very freshSpecial Features:
- Breakfast BuffetSAVORYVIPDined on 1/11/2014Terrific breakfast buffet ... great selections and ALL fresh fresh fresh foods.Special Features:
- Festive New Year's Eve BuffetSadieDined on 12/31/2013Citron does not disappoint after 3 years of New Year's Eve celebrations. Great variety of interesting selections on the separate stations. Background music of live Sax player was a great addition to the festive atmosphere. Attentive waiter provided excellent service. Citron is part of a wonderful opportunity for family celebrations with children of all ages. The JW Marriott at Grande Lakes is a very special place for New Year's Eve celebrations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DayjhronekDined on 12/25/2013My wife and I now have a wonderful tradition of coming to the JW Marriott and to Citron for their Thanksgiving and Christmas Day buffets. We now have other friends that join us as well. So much wonderful food of all varieties that even my wife who is a vegetarian feels like she gets her monies worth! Along with the all you care to enjoy wine and champagne. The value is fantastic. The service is first class. Gil was our server this Christmas and welcomed us back as he was also our server for Thanksgiving. We felt right at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHRISTMASBJGWFDined on 12/25/2013My husband and I have gone to Citrons for the last 4 Christmas Day Buffets, we also went there for our 40th anniversary last year on Thanksgiving Day.....wonderful food, service & atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute decision & itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013Last minute decision & it was enjoyable even though many children & beach coverups walking thru. Jonathan was our wait person and he was attentive and very enjoyable to talk to. Very aware of selections on the menu. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Brunch...TerriDined on 11/28/2013A great buffet. Took the family while staying in Orlando. It was pricey but well worth the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a small groupfoodieDined on 11/5/2013I had made reservations for a group of six a couple of weeks ahead of the date. We were given a table where 3 people were lined up facing 3 other people. I would have preferred a round table as that is easier for conversation in a group, but was told that there were no round tables available as those were already reserved. The food was very good and the service was good, I just didn't like the long table arrangement for a group of six, and did not know that we had the option to reserve a round table vs long table. Maybe just a learning experience for me on what to request when making a reservation. . .Special Features:
- BreakfastfoodieDined on 11/5/2013Had a small group meeting there for breakfast, but were told it would be better to just go with the buffet because rather than ordering from the menu as kitchen orders were taking up to half hour. Since all I wanted was an omelet, did not really want to pay $27 for full buffet, but ended up doing that. The food was very good and the server was nice and I did appreciate that she alerted us to the delay for ordering from the menu as we all had about an hour for breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and qualityfoodieDined on 11/4/2013More of a casual, family atmosphere, a little noisy for business meetings. Convenient though to rest of hotel and rooms, easy access. Food was very good, more sophisticated than expected based on atmosphere. Good local brewery beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a spread !SuperbVIPDined on 10/31/2013Their breakfast buffet is ALL-ENCOMPASSING ! Bring a BIG appetite and you will be more than satisfied. The fruit was perfectly ripe and fresh; the artisan breads were outstanding; wonderful omletes and egg dishes; gorgeous salmon with all the fixings; every conceivable kind of cereal hot & cold; and on & on. The quality is outstanding!Special Features:
- Very good on-site diningCarlosDangerDined on 10/21/2013Breakfast buffet was expensive. Lunch menu limited. But then again, they are catering to a captive audience. Overall quality very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch SpotBenzDined on 10/5/2013The brunch selections were wonderful and food delicious with a wide variety. Very clean restaurant, open and bright. They don't serve mimosas until 11:00 am but beyond that, I will keep this one on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayRoxybell21Dined on 9/23/2013Everyone was very kind and even brought me out a delicious cheesecake for my birthday! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special at all!Andyboy1975ukDined on 9/21/2013Just had dinner, here, the service was OK, food was also OK. If you are looking for a WoW experience, this is not the place to go!
- Nice business dinnerDeanVIPDined on 9/12/2013I've eaten here several times and it is always good. Reasonably priced (for a hotel restaurant), and a good variety on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2013Food was presented nicely but lacked imagination. Was disappointed in the ambiance of the restaurant. Brightly lit and too family friendly for a special occasion. Rafael was an excellent server!Special Features:
- Yummy!SuperbVIPDined on 9/9/2013The house-made pimento cheese appetizer warranted a request for the recipe from the chef - it was that good ! Krispy skin salmon salad was very good as was the grouper sandwich. Nice lunch treat at the JW Marriott in Orlando - a gorgeous resort.Special Features:
- Outsanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2013This is the second time we visit the restaurant, and they blew our mind away. Everything from accomodations, to the food to the whole experience. Excellent meal!!! Even the chef came out to check on all tables as we were ordering dessert. (08-19-13)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2013We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service and tasty food. The restaurant went above and beyond to make a birthday celebration extra special by presenting our birthday girl with a full-sized dessert and the rest of the table with a selection of mini desserts from the pastry kitchen at the Ritz Carlton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice vacation breakfast buffetraffermVIPDined on 8/3/2013We have visited here several times and it is all about timing! Don't go without a reservation! The folks that entered when we did were just getting seated an hour later as we were leaving. The fruit and fresh veggie section of the buffet is always plentiful with lots to choose from. The hot stuff--not so much. You can order eggs ala carte, but the only eggs on the buffet are in eggs benedict. They have a great waffle bar and will make pancakes to order. They are wonderful--but you are going to have to wait for them. This is a hotel restaurant and so you will be surrounded by families heading for the Disney parks or the pool so don't consider this the place to go for a romantic, easy breakfast--there's a line and they want your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT!!!!chachiVIPDined on 7/15/2013The food was very fresh and delicious. The service, outstanding. The cupcakes with the candles at the table, made my Son's Birthday a beautiful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy eating options for kidsBluesgirlDined on 7/3/2013For a hotel restaurant, this one goes beyond the usual fare. They offer seafood and meat dishes with plenty of locally grown, fresh vegetables and herbs. The Florida Grouper was delicious. Even the kids menu includes several healthy entrees. There is a wine list and a decent selection of craft beers. Citron is a good choice for families. As it is a large open room, it is noisy, especially during a holiday week when we dined. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner, go upstairs to Primo. Overall, our food and service was very good, but the atmosphere was a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!meetyouforbreakfastDined on 5/12/2013Very simple review: -Food is awesome -Service was amazing -Overall a spectacular dinner experience!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.