364 W Erie St
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.citizenbar.com/
- Phone: 3126401156x5
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday: 4pm to 2am
Thursday - Friday: 11am to 2am
Saturday: 11am to 3am
Sunday: 11am to 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Tray Portions of current menu items are available. Begin inquiring at our website. Click on Food Packages to see available options.
- Private Party Facilities: The roof and patio can be reserved for private events. Request availability by emailing us.
- Private Party Contact: Erin Laslow x
- Entertainment: DJs play night time. Indoor/Outdoor TVs with Chicago Sports, Notre Dame Football and ACC Basketball
- Cross Street: Orleans
- Public Transit: Chicago Brown Line Stop
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a Millenium parking lot behind Citizen.
Meter parking is readily accessible.
*Do not park on Erie past 9pm. You will get a parking ticket. There is little signage indicating this.
*We recommend parking a block just north of us on Huron.
A word from Citizen Bar
Citizen is one of River North’s favorite neighborhood bars. It offers a multi-dimensional indoor/outdoor experience unlike any other bar in Chicago. Perfect for a summertime lunch or dinner for two on the patio, leaving work early to have beers on the rooftop or booking you birthday party, Citizen is great for any occasion. Its multi-level, 5000 square-foot outdoor area is complete with two bars, music and TVs, making Citizen one of the hottest outdoor spots in the city. The menu features classic American bar food items that are made from scratch and never frozen. The menu changes with the seasons and strives to deliver the food that you, the bar-going Chicagoan, is looking for. But it's the energetic staff and friendly neighborhood regulars that really make Citizen a great place to be. No VIP section, no dress code, no bottle service, Citizen is a spot for everyone in River North to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Citizen Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (4)fit for foodies (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Rooftop Lounging2timeoffenderDined on 9/4/2014Cool outside patio scene at night. Good diversified music to go with my awesome shrimp tacos. I will definitely be back for my tacos and awesome glass of Riesling wine. Great chill neighborhood chill spot.Special Features:
- Great outdoor spotGivingFeedbackHelpsDined on 8/8/2014I brought 6 girlfriends with me to Citizen Bar-we had a fun time! This place is not necessarily a place to get great food or great alcohol-it's a fun hip place to go and get drinks with your friends. We sat outside on the patio and we were very happy with the ambiance. There's nothing pretentious about this bar/restaurant-wine bottle service isn't standard-the bottle comes to you uncorked and if you want to taste it beforehand you will have to serve yourself-this just adds to the relaxed atmosphere. The main delight of our meals were the Tator Tots! That should say it all. The waitress was friendly and attentive. The manager Manny was nice as well and made sure we were having a good time. Overall it was a great place to start for the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio and DeckKCKevVIPDined on 7/1/2014Summer in Chicago is energetic and fun. Citizens Bar has the patio and deck to match that vibe. Had the summer salad which had a nice combination of Bibb lettuce, berries, and caramelized nuts - the chicken I added was strangely chopped into miniscule pieces that added texture but little taste. The pizzas around me looked appetizing - will sample on my next visit. Service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best rooftop and patioMikeyDined on 6/16/2014One of the best rooftop and patios I have seen in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014Service was slow. They were out of things like garnishes for specialty drinks. Staff was somewhat clueless.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Citizen Bar reviews archive.
- Outside LunchJK27Dined on 5/8/2014Fabulous patio (reserve here so you can snag a space!) and food is pretty good too. Not the quickest, so plan ahead if you've got to get back to the office.Special Features:
- Energetic BarLunchExplorerDined on 3/14/2014The restaurant is awesome overall, the food is great and the location is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good PlacePedroDined on 2/15/2014I took my date there for an early dinner. The bar was closed due to some work but the bartender allowed us to come in before 5 PM to sit and warm up after being out in the cold. The place was empty but this is very early in the evening. The servers were all very nice and friendly. I bet this place gets more happening later on in the evening, we just got there very early. I would definitely come back in the summer when the rooftop area is open. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.